Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This is kinda necro but...

CaultC

The plains are awful. But I really love the vallis post new war. I generally hate Frozen wastelands in videogames and I think the extra splash of color makes the whole map much more visually appealing. It's also a nice payoff for people who were paying attention to the lore as to how the hottest planet in the solar system became a frozen wasteland to begin with.

The towns really need to be reverted tho. Eventually the residents would clean that stuff up. And given the trauma attached to it, it would probably get cleaned up pretty damn fast.

The changes to the plains are awful. Fugly and also just in the way of a lot of stuff. Tho I can't really think of a good in-universe explanation for the plains being cleaned up. Those giant Condrix ships are just too massive to really be removed, and fixing the torn up landscape would be a horrendously pointless endeavor. I don't like it tho.

Edited by PollexMessier
  • Like 4

It would have been nice if the Plains/Vallis changes were tied to an event akin to Scarlet Spear (in regard to tying in with The New War), and players who play those zones prior to the quest are given a lore rundown of why it looks this way, with more detail coming from the quest completion itself. That way these changes would be server side, and DE could implement "cleaning up" changes over time that push the areas to looking closer to their original counterpart overtime through new quests and events.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, PollexMessier said:

The changes to the plans are awful. Fugly and also just in the way of a lot of stuff. Tho I can't really think of a good in-universe explanation for the plains being cleaned up. 

Turn the Narmers into posh bri'ish archeologists, but instead of taking other's artifacts, they take their own.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

I don't mind it, nice to see that actions can actually have consequences in the warframe universe. if we had been given a narmer starmap like we should've though, we'd have been able to do missions that focus on cleaning up the plains.

I am actually with you on that. Just what consequenses. I think the changes have detracted from to really good installments of realms.

4 hours ago, Karyst said:
6 hours ago, CaultC said:

... if I had known what Eidolon and Orb Valley look like after completing The New War, I would have abstained.

Enable creator mode

I have been in creator mode for a long time now.

7 hours ago, CaultC said:

... if I had known what Eidolon and Orb Valley look like after completing The New War, I would have abstained.

I know how you feel, i miss Old Fortuna so much... That new Redish color makes my eyes tired.

I really hope these maps get another update in time which would normalize them at least closer to how they looked before.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CaultC said:

Just what consequenses. I think the changes have detracted from to really good installments of realms.

Isn't that the exact point, though?

These places are changed because of a War we weren't prepared for and didn't actually win. The changes made to them are supposed to remind us, every time, of what happened and what could happen in the future.

Sorry for post hijacking, but visual changes aside, does anything happen if you do the New War in the middle of progressing open worlds? For example, do regular Terra Corpus units and Grineer Tusks dissapear (replaced by Narmer), are Narmer-only bounties available, etc? I don't want to be left with missing scans, no Profit Taker, no Exploiter Orb and no Eidolons. I know that Vallis used to be bugged into permanent 'cold' state, so no warm weather fish could spawn. I have no faith in being able to progress seamlessly after the NW...

Edited by Hayrack

1 hour ago, Chewarette said:

I didn't set a foot in the Vallis since New War (in fact even a lot before that heh), what has changed ?

The snow melted a little so we could touch see grass, The coolant tower has a narmer eye on it, and Nef's head that was being built to go on the temple of profit in one of the many landmarks that bounty stages never take you to was replaced with a Ballas head. That's about it as far as I remember.

Edited by PollexMessier
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Hayrack said:

Sorry for post hijacking, but visual changes aside, does anything happen if you do the New War in the middle of progressing open worlds? For example, do regular Terra Corpus units and Grineer Tusks dissapear (replaced by Narmer), are Narmer-only bounties available, etc? I don't want to be left with missing scans, no Profit Taker, no Exploiter Orb and no Eidolons. I know that Vallis used to be bugged into permanent 'cold' state, so no warm weather fish could spawn. I have no faith in being able to progress seamlessly after the NW...

No. Narmer bounties are separate from normal bounties and Narmer enemies only spawn in them. After TNW everything pretty much goes back to normal except for the aftermath in the Plains, the Valis, and their respective towns. You don't get locked out of anything.

It's actually kindof frustrating how little of a presence Narmer has after TNW even tho they persist as a faction.

Edited by PollexMessier
  • Like 1

On 2023-11-05 at 6:53 AM, PollexMessier said:

Those giant Condrix ships are just too massive to really be removed, and fixing the torn up landscape would be a horrendously pointless endeavor

Especially since the Grineer and Narmer factions aren't just going to sit there and let the Ostrons clean it up. 

But someone please tell me why Cetus still has bloody water everywhere.

Edited by (XBOX)Upl0rdYT
  • Like 2