Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Super excited about the new Archon Shard colors.

Traumtulpe

I'm really glad to see DE take a more experimental approach to these, and while there will likely be a bunch of misses in the available stats, just the increased Corrosive proc cap alone is already enough to get me hyped! Corrosive status hasn't been useful at higher levels since the nerf, and this will not only bring it back, it will also chip away at the dominance of Slash procs - it's not exactly powercreep either, since you still need to apply the extra stacks, you sacrifice a shard slot for it, and we already have Slash anyhow.

More variety, more options, more toys to play with - that's what Warframe needs (and seemingly will get!).

Edited by Traumtulpe
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

I'm really glad to see DE take a more experimental approach to these, and while there will likely be a bunch of misses in the available stats, just the increased Corrosive proc cap alone is already enough to get me hyped! Corrosive status hasn't been useful at higher levels since the nerf, and this will not only bring it back, it will also chip away at the dominance of Slash procs - it's not exactly powercreep either, since you still need to apply the extra stacks, you sacrifice a shard slot for it, and we already have Slash anyhow.

More variety, more options, more toys to play with - that's what Warframe needs (and seemingly will get!).

I too am excited for more shard colors
Of course I'm most excited for the shard ephemera finally matching my warframe

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, (XBOX)K1jker said:

Your post makes it sound like they're a band aid.. 

Yes, but not really.

See, Corrosive is perfectly fine at entry level Steel Path. It only falls off hard as the level increases - and at that point, I think it's perfectly valid to expect the player to invest some effort into keeping up with the scaling.

A lot of weapons simply cannot make use of Slash procs, this will make them viable. It's great.

• Like 1

I think I'll reserve my final judgement until I see this other method of gaining shards that DE mentioned, specifically, how easy/quick it is to farm, and how big the inevitable timegate will be. the stats on the shards themselves don't seem all that major, and we don't even know if there will be tauforged versions of the new ones.

so far though I definitely would have preferred Tauforged Crafting over this, not gonna lie. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Traumtulpe said:

Yes, but not really.

See, Corrosive is perfectly fine at entry level Steel Path. It only falls off hard as the level increases - and at that point, I think it's perfectly valid to expect the player to invest some effort into keeping up with the scaling.

A lot of weapons simply cannot make use of Slash procs, this will make them viable. It's great.

Bringing up a few weapons that currently can't compete with weapons that are good with slash.
At the cost of slotting an (or multiple) arcon shard(s)....
So you give up frame power so a handfull of weapons can be made viable, only on the frames you slot this shard effect on. Which by extension soft-restricts those frame to those weapons because otherwise you're just wasting potential.

Naw. That's extremely stupid.

The only thing this effect does that's a net positive, is make Saryn more OP than she already was. Damn we really needed that. What a great addition.

Combined with the fact that this is something corrosive just had innately previously, but was nerfed in a damage update that just made the status meta MORE restrictive than it was before, this is just more tone deaf idiocy from DE.

Edited by PollexMessier
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, PollexMessier said:

Bringing up a few weapons that currently can't compete with weapons that are good with slash.
At the cost of slotting an arcon shard....
So you give up frame power so a handfull of weapons can be made viable, only on the frames you slot this shard on. Which by extension soft-restricts those frame to those weapons because otherwise you're just wasting potential.

The only thing this effect does that's a net positive, is make Saryn more OP than she already was. Damn we really needed that. What a great addition.

Combined with the fact that this is something corrosive just had innately previously but was nerfed in a damage update that just made the status meta MORE restrictive than it used to be, this is just more tone deaf idiocy from DE.

Yeah… the only new shard effect I’m remotely interested in is the corrosive one, but I would only put it on Saryn. Maybe Mesa, if it works with my weird archon continuity build (toxin to corrosive). I don’t want to bind my frames to using specific weapons. Sure, shards can be removed.  But at a certain point, it’s just not worth it.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, PollexMessier said:

At the cost of slotting an (or multiple) arcon shard(s)....
So you give up frame power so a handfull of weapons can be made viable, only on the frames you slot this shard effect on. Which by extension soft-restricts those frame to those weapons because otherwise you're just wasting potential.

Combined with the fact that this is something corrosive just had innately previously, but was nerfed in a damage update that just made the status meta MORE restrictive than it was before, this is just more tone deaf idiocy from DE.

I disagree with everything you said. Just one tauforged shard will give +3 proc cap, which is 100% armor strip. And this would make any weapon viable, worst case scenario you could use a primer to apply Corrosive.

Also Saryn is not OP at all, not even a little bit. Every frame can nuke low levels just as good as her with Thermal Sunder, and at high levels all of her abilities have *zero* effect currently.

Seriously, just using Mags Pull+armor strip is *vastly* superior to anything Saryn can do. Hek, just using Pull and a decent weapon already is.

Edited by Traumtulpe
  • Like 1

Needless power creep and band-aids. I so no reason to be excited. 

Then again, I believe Warframe needs better balance, for depth to be re-established and for choices in loadout to matter and affect gameplay more than at some superficial level: A game with 20 magic spells of different elements that all play more or less the same way simply has meaningless variety and is just plain shallow.

• Like 2

I’m also looking forward to it and the rest of the update. I simply don’t understand vets that have everything, are super OP and yet complain about time gating even though they have played for 10 years. Just weird. I guess they’ve stopped having fun and now just want the new stuff which they don’t need, but want it yesterday and all of it at once. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Just one tauforged shard will give +3 proc cap, which is 100% armor strip.

You need +4 proc cap to get 100% armor strip with Corrosive. 26% for the first proc and 6% for each subsequent means you need 26% x 1+ 6% x (9 + 4) to get 100% armor strip.
+3 proc cap would only get you to 26% x 1+ 6% x (9 + 3) = 98% armor strip.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

does anyone know what stats the other two (yellow & purple) give

I think there's only info on the Emerald shards atm. Gotta give DE time to leak the other two

My guess?

Fire/Blast bonuses for the Topaz.

Electric/Magnetic bonuses for Violet.

Edited by TeaHands

25 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

You need +4 proc cap to get 100% armor strip with Corrosive. 26% for the first proc and 6% for each subsequent means you need 26% x 1+ 6% x (9 + 4) to get 100% armor strip.
+3 proc cap would only get you to 26% x 1+ 6% x (9 + 3) = 98% armor strip.

That's correct actually, but for the most part 98% should suffice, considering that this retains the 75% damage bonus.

I'd be interested to know if the cap increase also works on enemies that have a lower than usual cap.

Edited by Traumtulpe

I want to hear about some enemy buffs.As a vet i feel bitter sweet about power creep. Yes, it's cool to get more power, but then it begins to feel shallow as steel path enemies begin to melt like star chart enemies.

I want to feel like i "need" these upgrades for a reason.

Edited by Hypernaut1

34 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I want to hear about some enemy buffs.As a vet i feel bitter sweet about power creep. Yes, it's cool to get more power

None of this gives us more power, just other ways to attain the same power. And there's no need to buff enemy HP, you can just cut the Viral status effect by 50% and suddenly everything is 2x as tanky.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TeaHands said:

I think there's only info on the Emerald shards atm. Gotta give DE time to leak the other two

My guess?

Fire/Blast bonuses for the Topaz.

Electric/Magnetic bonuses for Violet.

I would love cool blast effects for M Prime on Nova...except that it does 0 blast procs for whatever reason. Just flat blast damage.

• Like 1

None of this gives us more power, just other ways to attain the same power. And there's no need to buff enemy HP, you can just cut the Viral status effect by 50% and suddenly everything is 2x as tanky.

Of course its gives us more power. What are you talking about? Thats its entire purpose. Its giving us more ways to trivialize content. Im not against it, i just wish we could get content to challenge us along with the new tools. 

Im sure most of you are fine nuking room after room and have no problem with buff after buff. Personally, i just wish i had more to look forward to. I have suboptimal frames right now that can benefit from shards, but really dont even see the need to. I'm excited to tinker with it, just wish they gave us more reasons to chase the power. Feel the same about Incarnon weapons. All this power, so little increasing challenge. 

Edited by Hypernaut1

9 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Of course its gives us more power.

Glaive Prime has been oneshotting level cap for years, replacing a 15% ability strength shard on your frame for a +3 Corrosive Proc one isn't going to change anything about our power level. It just means we can use a lot more different weapons.

I am not sure I am going to use the new shards if the green shard stats are an indicator.

I do not enjoy being locked into specific combinations (though I do enjoy using loadouts with thematic synergy) , and if I have to use specific elements with a specific frame or waste a slot I will definitely avoid it.

Really hope there is more to it.

• Like 1

Not a huge fan for a few reasons:

1 - It was already slow and tedious to get the three colored shards, especially considering there's 55 different frames each needing 5 of these things.  That's like 255 shards.

2 - It was even harder to get tauforged shards.

3 - Now they want us to basically destroy two of our existing charge to create a new one, leading to people buring their hard earned current shards to make the new ones.

4 - Finally unslotting shards costs tons of bile and now it's likely most people that were heavily invested in the system will have to waste tons of ressources removing their old shard to make place for the new ones.

Kinda wished there were their own things... Different shards you slot in their own slots...

• Like 2