The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Steel path Circuit is still one of the worst gaming experience i've ever had.

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

Am 18.1.2024 um 18:04 schrieb Skoomaseller:

hopefully the next batch of incarnon geneses are made available for plat like the prev batch.

SP circuit is still steaming hot dogS#&$ sadly.

True. Instead of developing a serious endgame, there is this embarrassing cash grab. I wasted more than 10k plat with leg4 account so that more than 50% of the weapons are somehow playable. And I've already pimped the good weapons. And that's all that's about here. So maximum waste of resources. It has nothing to do with skill or whatever.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

True. Instead of developing a serious endgame, there is this embarrassing cash grab. I wasted more than 10k plat with leg4 account so that more than 50% of the weapons are somehow playable. And I've already pimped the good weapons. And that's all that's about here. So maximum waste of resources. It has nothing to do with skill or whatever.

Your absolutely right.
Steel path was about skill, min maxing builds to there highest potential by actually figuring out what would be the most optimized mod combination. 

The Circuit is the opposite of that, its not about optimizing, its not about knowledge, you don't need to know what a primer is, or a stat stick. (cant even use the latter)
Its simply there to provide a false sense of difficulty by taking away player freedom.

I am sure whoever approved for the game mode to be made meant well, but this is just not the endgame we been waiting for. 
Whoever came up with steel path deserves praise, they need to come up with a Steel Path + some sort of extra hard option.

Maybe they start at level 300, with 4 times health Armor and shields. 

• Like 4

I literally only feel comfortable playing certain frames. I don't care for most of the roster, and I find playing them anywhere from mildly annoying to eye-twitch-inducing, hair-pulling irritating. This isn't a problem for me anywhere else in the game. But the circuit forces that issue.

I have similar beef with a lot of weapons in the game, but it's less of an issue. And I'm MR30. I've ranked most of these. I've used them. I already know I don't like them. That's why I don't own them anymore. No amount of "they're encoraging you to use more of the arsenal" is going to persuade me that that's a good angle for the health of the game. Most of the arsenal is trash that is in sore need of a rework. Forcing people to use it without that rework is going to make people get frustrated and leave. They're not going to dump however much forma into it, they're just going to throw up their hands and go play a competing title in this space. (you know the one)

It's also anti-accessible for people with certain disabilities to force them into playstyles they may not even have controls set up correctly for.

I love warframe, and it saddens me that removing player agency is the path they're taking for 'difficulty'. I feel like it's a dark path that will be a thorn in our side for many years to come. It may even represent a cancer that will eventually mean the death of this game. I'm not one to say that lightly, either.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Anova3 said:

I feel like it's a dark path that will be a thorn in our side for many years to come. It may even represent a cancer that will eventually mean the death of this game.

I mean, that is kind of melodramatic but I get what you're talking about. 

1 hour ago, Anova3 said:

I literally only feel comfortable playing certain frames. I don't care for most of the roster, and I find playing them anywhere from mildly annoying to eye-twitch-inducing, hair-pulling irritating. This isn't a problem for me anywhere else in the game. But the circuit forces that issue.

I have similar beef with a lot of weapons in the game, but it's less of an issue. And I'm MR30. I've ranked most of these. I've used them. I already know I don't like them. That's why I don't own them anymore. No amount of "they're encoraging you to use more of the arsenal" is going to persuade me that that's a good angle for the health of the game. Most of the arsenal is trash that is in sore need of a rework. Forcing people to use it without that rework is going to make people get frustrated and leave. They're not going to dump however much forma into it, they're just going to throw up their hands and go play a competing title in this space. (you know the one)

It's also anti-accessible for people with certain disabilities to force them into playstyles they may not even have controls set up correctly for.

I love warframe, and it saddens me that removing player agency is the path they're taking for 'difficulty'. I feel like it's a dark path that will be a thorn in our side for many years to come. It may even represent a cancer that will eventually mean the death of this game. I'm not one to say that lightly, either.

My "favorite" part about this topic is how any time someone says they dont like the randomizer they get shouted down with "get good" or something that amounts to that, as if it's a skill issue.

And it's rediculous on three levels.

1) there's no "skill" to it. You either randomly get good weapons or you don't. Being MLG pro uber haxxor l33t tier 1 operator big boy status doesnt mean that you can make mr fodder weapons not mr fodder. 

2) you COULD try to argue that variable difficulty is intentional, and that it IS a skill check but that goes right out the window because of decrees. Enough decrees will make pretty much any weapon ***viable*** but that doesnt mean it isnt annoying.

3) randomizer apologists will cling to "oh so you just want meta crutches". 

its not always about what's "meta" its about being able to use things we actually enjoy.

6 hours ago, Choomp_VT said:

Your absolutely right.
Steel path was about skill, min maxing builds to there highest potential by actually figuring out what would be the most optimized mod combination. 

The Circuit is the opposite of that, its not about optimizing, its not about knowledge, you don't need to know what a primer is, or a stat stick. (cant even use the latter)
Its simply there to provide a false sense of difficulty by taking away player freedom.

I am sure whoever approved for the game mode to be made meant well, but this is just not the endgame we been waiting for. 
Whoever came up with steel path deserves praise, they need to come up with a Steel Path + some sort of extra hard option.

Maybe they start at level 300, with 4 times health Armor and shields. 

It feels like a cash grab. 

The fact you need 4-7 forma and a potato and an arcane adapter and an exilus adapter to make an "optimal" (or close to it) build for most weapons has always been a reasonable balance between "free to play" and "they gotta make money" because you could prioritize your favorite weapons and leave it at that. 

But now youre pidgeon holed into either investing heavily into random crap you'd never use or being punished with PAINFULLY bad "loaner builds".

6 hours ago, Venus-Venera said:

Pain

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Venus-Venera said:

Honestly, I'm in favor of the randomizer and typically enjoy the circuit.  But I would probably use plat to skip future incarnon geneses due to the recent addition of alchemy.  I just don't enjoy that game mode, and I've heard it can take more than 10 minutes to finish a circuit alchemy round.  No thanks.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Honestly, I'm in favor of the randomizer and typically enjoy the circuit.  But I would probably use plat to skip future incarnon geneses due to the recent addition of alchemy.  I just don't enjoy that game mode, and I've heard it can take more than 10 minutes to finish a circuit alchemy round.  No thanks.

That was prob when it was bugged and you'd get a group of 3~5 enemies every min or so. Its since been fixed and you now get swarmed by mobs, which in turn drowns you in the canisters you need. Mission takes 3~5ish min when I did it last week

Edited by Sephylon086918
  • Like 1

On 2024-07-18 at 10:17 PM, (XBOX)ECCHO SIERRA said:

there's no "skill" to it. You either randomly get good weapons or you don't. Being MLG pro uber haxxor l33t tier 1 operator big boy status doesnt mean that you can make mr fodder weapons not mr fodder.

No. There is skill to it. Most of the time you can cobble together a setup that obliterates the mode. It just requires knowledge of the gear you're provided, how they work together, and what decrees will give you the most out of them.

Decrees and synergies will often make up for bad weapons, provided you pick the right decrees, the right bad weapons, and the right frame to pair with them. I've only had a small handful of runs out of hundreds where I genuinely could not do anything with what I was given. The skill is game knowledge and adaptability.

One thing I'd like to point out tho is that the game mode is pretty much optional. Sure you get some of the best weapons in the game out of it. But keyword there being "some". There are plenty of other weapon in the game that are more than good enough for the entirety of the game, a few that outright outmatch incarnon weapons, and incarnation adapters don't even give you mastery. So it's not like you're really missing out on much. In a few updates they'll probably be obsolete just like so many other groups of weapons that were "endgame" in their time.

You could also just grind valuable items somewhere else to sell for platinum to buy them straight from Cavalero. Which is kindof a cop-out option sure, but it is an option.

Edited by PollexMessier
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 2024-07-20 at 12:11 PM, PollexMessier said:

No. There is skill to it. Most of the time you can cobble together a setup that obliterates the mode. It just requires knowledge of the gear you're provided, how they work together, and what decrees will give you the most out of them.

Decrees and synergies will often make up for bad weapons, provided you pick the right decrees, the right bad weapons, and the right frame to pair with them.

Good on you for proving @ECCHOSIERRA right

On 2024-07-20 at 12:11 PM, PollexMessier said:

One thing I'd like to point out tho is that the game mode is pretty much optional. 

Once more, with feeling: this is a S#&$ response to criticisms of pain points in the various pieces of content we have today.

Each update introduces new things. Our goal, ultimately, is to get the new shinies. That is the reason why the game keeps getting updated and why we keep coming back.

Anyone with a functioning brain will understand that "uh it's optional bro" is a stupid response when they

1) see 2nd paragraph,

2) realize the new goodies are locked to one source, and one source only.

11 years and we still have people who don't get it, lol. Never change, Warframe forums!

If anybody's curious for whatever reason, the OP is my previous account name before cross-save cross-play, I'm still using the name on PS5, since I can't undo Cross-save.

this is also an account that's been through 6-7 years, so I did my fair amount of young and dumb choices and posts. 

not gonna lie, I still never play circuit, so I still hate it a lot, but since it's one of the many existing game modes in the game, that others find appealing, I can't really complain anymore, I'm not the only player in Warframe.

Edited by Prof-Dante

4 hours ago, Skoomaseller said:

Good on you for proving @ECCHOSIERRA right

out of the option's you're given, there's almost always something you can do. Knowing how to pick the right stuff to maximize your chances out of the options you're given is what I meant. Most players don't think about synergies at all because in the rest of the game, you don't need them. But understanding synergies is a pretty basic skill for many other live service games. It is also... how rouguelikes work. Which was kindof the point of Duviri. You can win with a crappy hand provided you know how to make the most out of what you're given.

And if you feel like you can't? Duviri gives you the marvelous option to see what you're options are before you enter it, and if you don't like them you can enter it solo and back out and your options will be re-rolled.

4 hours ago, Skoomaseller said:

Once more, with feeling: this is a S#&$ response to criticisms of pain points in the various pieces of content we have today.

Each update introduces new things. Our goal, ultimately, is to get the new shinies. That is the reason why the game keeps getting updated and why we keep coming back.

Anyone with a functioning brain will understand that "uh it's optional bro" is a stupid response when they

1) see 2nd paragraph,

2) realize the new goodies are locked to one source, and one source only.

11 years and we still have people who don't get it, lol. Never change, Warframe forums!

Warframe has so much crap to do at this point it's damn near impossible to catch up with the game. Unless you no-life it for several years there's never going to be an instance where you're not choosing between multiple different things to do at any given time. Don't like Duviri? You probably have about 15 other things in the game you could spend that time on. Including, farming for platinum, to just buy the circuit rewards. So no, it's not a bad response to criticisms about parts of the game other people enjoy. If you don't like it personally, you don't have to play it. There's other ways you can progress your power in the game, and in a most cases other ways to get what you want from that particular part of the game.

If you've hit a point where there isn't, you've definitely been playing too much and should probably just take a break. Surely there's other games you can and want to play.

Circuit is not that bad.  I personally did not like many of the newer decrees or the expansion large open tile with the jackal.  The fight is fine, but other missions on this tile are brutal.

Honestly, I think it's the grind that hurt the circuit the most.  It's very systematic and repetitive, but clear speed is so much faster with a bunch of decrees.  There's no drops or resources just going through 34 rotations of missions to get a reward.  Then you have a time limit so you can't just leave it there for months like the lich system.

There's very few modes that have such little rewards and the variety mode is kind of wasted here.  Once you have the arcanes and adapters, it's abandoned.

So I just ended up cheesing to get it done quickly.  Excavation was always the hard mission solo at cap, so I preferred Khora, but I'm sure a few frames and decree combos can do it.  I'm not an expert.  I just combined that with what Richard said, but also PLAGA.  All the amps become monsters though.  So it's just a free damage mission where you bring the CC.

I also really enjoyed frames that synergize well with OP, like mag, citrine, nova etc.  Usually I just tried to plan for excavation going smooth, but these combos make defense portals super fun and easy as well.

BTW I highly recommend going to tier 5.  It only takes an hour and could be spaced out throughout the week.  Incarnons are useful for EDA and probably nice to have for build options.

On 2023-12-07 at 6:56 AM, sunderthefirmament said:

The randomizer is the core of the game mode though. It’s not perfect, but it does incentivize building up your entire arsenal, as opposed to just passively “mastering” something in ESO while a Saryn or Mirage nukes for you. 

The SP Circuit does have its flaws. Rewards should be locked in and saved after every round won. Survival drop rates got nerfed too hard. Some decrees are purely bloat and should be removed.  Incarnon rewards should be able to be replaced for something more evergreen once you get them all.  (EDIT: This is already a thing!  My bad.) But the randomizer isn’t the problem. In my opinion, at least. 

The core of the game mode is rapidly-evolving enemies, cycling through tons of game modes, and getting decrees.

The randomization is literally an OBSTACLE in everyone's way. We skip Circuit runs if we don't want to deal with our loadout, and we play Circuit runs if we are okay with dealing with the loadout.

Is that really how you want your game to be played? "Yeah, I guess I can deal with that."

???

Nobody likes randomized loadouts.

Obviously not actually nobody, because there are people out there that enjoy putting their fingers in a pencil sharpener.

But EFFECTIVELY nobody likes randomized loadouts.

42 minutes ago, sly_squash said:

I like randomized loadouts.   : ]

Such a weird perspective to me. (No offense, obviously, it's just opinions here.)

May I interview you for a second? lol

What is it that you like about them?

And do you think the randomized loadout mechanic is necessary, compared to individual players just randomizing their loadouts themselves?

28 minutes ago, 4thBro said:

Such a weird perspective to me. (No offense, obviously, it's just opinions here.)

May I interview you for a second? lol

What is it that you like about them?

And do you think the randomized loadout mechanic is necessary, compared to individual players just randomizing their loadouts themselves?

because it punishes meta chasers and rewards people who invest in weapons they like.

Edited by RyllusPurple
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, RyllusPurple said:

because it punishes meta chasers and rewards people who invest in weapons they like.

This is an unhealthy reasoning. This turns "meta items" into functioning as bait items, so that you can just punish players for liking them.

So, what about the latter question? Why not just, as the player that likes randomization, do your own randomizing of your loadout?

1 minute ago, 4thBro said:

So, what about the latter question? Why not just, as the player that likes randomization, do your own randomizing of your loadout?

Those things aren't the same.  I used to do this for archon missions.  I stopped for no reason in particular. Players that want this often have builds for everything so they want to feel like there's a reward for that investment beyond just having a ton of options.

I don't think DE wanted to necessarily cater to this player.  They simply want you to invest in a wide variety of stuff and that brings in money.  It seems RNG is a low effort challenge that allows content to take longer and be more tedious for the masses while they earn money without having to design something overly complex.

In general it is more rewarding to get through the hardest content with handicapped suboptimal things.  Thats subjective as well.  Yes, because many combos of things minimize the challenge and it's harder to balance around that than give restrictions.  And the hardest content is never too hard.

There's also the reality of many fun things being neglected because the game is so grindy.  Sometimes an arbitrary restriction based system can lead people to new things they enjoy.

I think duviri experience is fun with RNG, but high level excavation not as much.

These are just side missions.  I'm open to RNG based modes, but I won't say I feel they are required to provide a proper challenge or should be a staple going forward.  I think it's good to incentive arsenal diversity.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lord_Drod said:

Those things aren't the same.  I used to do this for archon missions.  I stopped for no reason in particular. Players that want this often have builds for everything so they want to feel like there's a reward for that investment beyond just having a ton of options.

I feel like the reward is that you have a lot of things at your disposal that you also enjoy using. Do so many people really need rewards in order to have fun?

I literally don't even think about rewards. I'm super behind in a lot of resources & materials because I don't enjoy certain game modes, and I'm swimming in a bottomless ocean for other resources & materials because I enjoy those modes. I simply don't think about rewards ever.

3 minutes ago, Lord_Drod said:

I don't think DE wanted to necessarily cater to this player.  They simply want you to invest in a wide variety of stuff and that brings in money.  It seems RNG is a low effort challenge that allows content to take longer and be more tedious for the masses while they earn money without having to design something overly complex.

Yeah, I get this.

I've made arguments that if we had an endgame, and had a leaderboard alongside it that was separated by Frame, then it would encourage people to try out different Frames, and make the company some more money. It's not a PERFECT idea, but an idea nonetheless.

I really don't think randomized loadouts in Circuit and EDA are making the company much money, though. I can only speak for myself on this, but I'd wager I'm far from the only one who doesn't see an EDA with a bunch of weapons I don't own, and say to myself, "Oh man, I should go buy some plat and get this weapon that I have no interest in, so that I can finish this week's EDA!"

I really just don't think that happens. I COULD be wrong! But I'd bet money on it.

6 minutes ago, Lord_Drod said:

In general it is more rewarding to get through the hardest content with handicapped suboptimal things.

I think, by itself, that's not quite it. But it's definitely rewarding to go into content with stuff that you like, that is considered weaker, but you made it work. I have a lot of loadouts that I designed based on flavor first and foremost, and then I figured out how to force it to work for lategame content. And that's satisfying (to a degree, which I only say because I'd like stronger tests).

However, when you design things thematically, that type of designing does not discriminate. You will often grab meta things, because they fit into the theme, and they are also enjoyable and fun. I do not agree that meta selection should be punished. That's also somewhat of a paradox anyway. If those picks get punished, how can they be meta? That very ideology flips the script, and makes your non-meta items actually become meta. And the best solution to avoid problems like this is to erase the term "meta" from your negative vocabulary folder. Meta is not to be used in any negative implication at all, as doing so displays a lack of understanding of what the term even means. (Not saying that applies to you, but I see it used derogatorily ALL the time, especially around here. You can see what I mean, right?)

13 minutes ago, Lord_Drod said:

There's also the reality of many fun things being neglected because the game is so grindy.  Sometimes an arbitrary restriction based system can lead people to new things they enjoy.

Very true. There's been a lot of items that I've fallen in love with, that have been around for a long time prior, and I was like... "How long has this existed??? Why am I just now finding out about it???"

But, surely, forcing players into randomized loadouts must not be the way to introduce them to things, right?

On that note, Arbitrations (and I think Sorties? and Archons?) have that mechanic that random Frames and weapons have huge bonuses, like +300% Strength or whatever. At bare minimum, that is certainly a better way to introduce new things to people, right?

Might I also suggest something like an in-game gallery, as well.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 4thBro said:

I feel like the reward is that you have a lot of things at your disposal that you also enjoy using. Do so many people really need rewards in order to have fun?

I literally don't even think about rewards. I'm super behind in a lot of resources & materials because I don't enjoy certain game modes, and I'm swimming in a bottomless ocean for other resources & materials because I enjoy those modes. I simply don't think about rewards ever.

I respect that and sometimes I probably do feel like that, but there's also plenty of rewards I still desire, even if any one reward has little value since I have almost everything.  There's still some things I could farm or would like to.  I think circuit is a prime example of this relating to me specifically.  I have everything from the circuit, but even when I rolled perfect decrees with a good loadout - I had zero desire to keep going.  I also haven't really done it after farming the adapters. 

It offers a unique set of gameplay, but I'd rather just run SP duviri experience and all 3 portals.  That's a enjoyable farm to me even though I don't need it.  Circuit is kind of crap though in my opinion and by comparison.  I like Oro.  I love/hate drifter, so Duviri is cool.  The Dax guys can still get me and the archers, what kind of bs teleportation thing is that?  

I really just don't think that happens. I COULD be wrong! But I'd bet money on it.

It's impossible to know, but I bet it is somewhat successful.  I have put forma, catalyst, reactor, exilus, arcane adapter in gear for EDA.  I don't go all out for EDA, but if they are weapons I am going to use, or update then this is a good time.  I also own and have forma in most things, but my builds are always out of date on frames I don't play as regularly or never played on a higher level and was still in ABC mode.  So a reason to use something else works for me to some extent.

I think, by itself, that's not quite it. But it's definitely rewarding to go into content with stuff that you like, that is considered weaker, but you made it work. I have a lot of loadouts that I designed based on flavor first and foremost, and then I figured out how to force it to work for lategame content. And that's satisfying (to a degree, which I only say because I'd like stronger tests).

However, when you design things thematically, that type of designing does not discriminate. You will often grab meta things, because they fit into the theme, and they are also enjoyable and fun. I do not agree that meta selection should be punished. That's also somewhat of a paradox anyway. If those picks get punished, how can they be meta? That very ideology flips the script, and makes your non-meta items actually become meta. And the best solution to avoid problems like this is to erase the term "meta" from your negative vocabulary folder. Meta is not to be used in any negative implication at all, as doing so displays a lack of understanding of what the term even means. (Not saying that applies to you, but I see it used derogatorily ALL the time, especially around here. You can see what I mean, right?)

Yeah, true, it's nice to make things you like work.  As far as meta referring to gear, it's usually something that's easy to use and/or acquire.  There's nothing wrong with using popular things, but usually not worth overly investing in, unless you don't mind when it's reduced to rubble.  There's a decent amount of investment and modding skills required, and sometimes rivens do make a big difference.  Most players aren't willing to do that investment across a wide range of things they don't think they will use.

I feel like many events are ruined with meta setups, which are really only needed at high levels or certain mission types.  It's more enjoyable to play your own gear in these events as well, but sometimes, due to mechanics there is a range of things that is better.  I guess I'm just talking about new events, but then I barely farmed ascension.  It also has to do with tools available. 

Maybe there was supposed meta for ascension, but I paid no attention to that because my build was already fine for that.  In past events though, I did fill roles for some speedrunners, usually less popular things and it probably wasn't necessary, but sets a restrictive precedent that only a certain group can do it fastest.  I guess this might be true for world records.  I'm glad I don't feel the need to do stuff like that now. 

Most events are pretty casual, so its just minor efficiency, but with more challenging content, it's not ideal to slog through it, so it helps to have some idea of efficiency, but that widely varies for each person.  I think players should realize why things are good and not everything is useful to everyone even if it's meta.

I rather liked having a good reason to make sure all my weapons and frames had usable builds. It inspired me to go back and go through older weapons. I think I'd like a little more choice (Maybe 2 more weapons options, maybe that could be another reward) but generally I can now pull out a good build ~70% of the time, the rest of the time I just do a single wave and try again.

Still, I'd prefer better evergreen option because I have all the incarnons now and rivens are not a reward that is good enough for for the degree of effort required, at least to me.

I wish the maps were more "weird", considering the oeuvre of The Undercroft, I was expecting something that looks less like just "Duviri with fractionally more Zariman." Like, some of those gigantic (Probably Murmur) Chains, raining blood, maybe a map that is just a giant Angel, frozen and mined into with grass growing on eroded flat surfaces, that sort of thing.

Also, I guess, for me the big elephant in the room is defense, it's my jump off point 90%+ of the time because it generally needs much more specific-build support, I wouldn't mind at all if that game mode evaporated into the ether.

But SP Circuit is mostly fine, not what I'd call a bad experience, but also not something I'd recommend to anyone who isn't right at the end of the available content 

Edited by SilentMobius
  • Like 2

The circuit is better than the main game, and some of ya'll are just coping. I would rather the circuit replace the entire start chart. It's the saaaame thing, but better and faster.

Edited by RyllusPurple