Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross platform save and achievements

(NSW)NeonNebula

Question

13 answers to this question

I doubt considering that scenario can be replicated without cross-save - if you get achievements on standalone PC client, and then go to steam client, those achievements will not update for steam (I have a number of never synchronized to steam achievements due to playing at some point in time on multiple PCs some of them without steam installed).

Some games have cross platform achievements, it’s not unheard of. Also, I’ve had games on Steam that had achievements added after I’ve completed them and I just had to launch the games again to get whatever achievements I unlocked based on server or saved files progress. But someone here said DE doesn’t care about achievements anymore, if that’s true then I don’t think they’ll bother with that. Not a big deal really, just want to move my progress and start playing again after being away for 4 years, that’s all I’m waiting for. 

9 minutes ago, (NSW)NeonNebula said:

someone here said DE doesn’t care about achievements anymore, if that’s true then I don’t think they’ll bother with that. Not a big deal really, just want to move my progress and start playing again after being away for 4 years, that’s all I’m waiting for. 

It's true, we haven't had any new achievements since Heart of Deimos; i think a couple are bugged as i should definitely have them, and when i downloaded the PS5 version of Warframe my trophies carried over, so i assume they will again, but i doubt we're getting any new ones any time soon.

Not to try and be contrarian, but the achievements may actually cross over.  Here's my reasoning: I just got a PS5, and if you don't know, the PS4 and PS5 versions of the game are effectively completely different games.  Different download, different save file (it's configs only) and most importantly for this topic, different trophy lists.  Well, the first time I booted up the game, it automatically awarded me 89 trophies.  So, at least for the Playstation version there is code in the game that checks the in game challenge list, and updates the platform achievement system as appropriate.

However, it's entirely possible that this is only a PS thing as Xbox either doesn't have explicitly different One and Series versions, or they were allowed to link to the same data.

And then there's the Steam syncing that has been mentioned as non-working.  There are things to fix, but it's not out of the question that they intend it to work.

4 hours ago, Elenortirie said:

I doubt considering that scenario can be replicated without cross-save - if you get achievements on standalone PC client, and then go to steam client, those achievements will not update for steam (I have a number of never synchronized to steam achievements due to playing at some point in time on multiple PCs some of them without steam installed).

I experience the same.  I primarily use the stand alone client.  On the rare instances I use steam I never see the achievements update. 

There's a chance the might though as the game itself seems to track certain achievements. 

Hello,

I have merged my old Steam account with almost nothing (MR 3) with my PSN account with many things (LR 2), and everything has been perfect.

As for achievements, on the first day I got about 30, most of them related to the mastery rank.

Then, as I play, others appear, for example, yesterday I revived another user in a mission, and suddenly I got the achievements of reviving 100 and 1000, I guess because it detected that this was already made in my account.

On the other hand, I have also leveled a shotgun to 30, I have gotten the achievements of raising it to 10 and 20... but not the one of 30, nor the one of raising others, when I already have many others at 30.

So, it seems that some are activated automatically, others when you do something related, and others have to be done from scratch, like today, when I won a million credits I got the achievement, when my account already had more than 100.

Greetings.