Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nothing to do in this game

NorthernDarkIceSoul

5 часов назад, (PSN)Thraxxsis сказал:

This is what i call a one trick gamer you play one game and *@##$ when there's nothing to do. Go play another game. I have 255 games in across 3 platforms when i finish the warframe update iam gonna go play something else.

I constantly assess new releases in search for a high quality product and, in rare cases, I even play games other than Warframe. This isn't nearly enough though.

1 minute ago, NorthernDarkIceSoul said:

In that particular message I am not asking anything, those question marks are rhetorical.

I don’t think this is the game you’re looking for if you can’t… stop yourself from doing the thing that the game is only designed around insofar as you can arrange the components on offer in a certain way to do it. There’s a whole other side, filled with variety and gameplay, that you probably never experienced while you’re acting like you’ve got something to prove despite already having proven it

5 часов назад, (NSW)Greybones сказал:

I don’t think this is the game you’re looking for if you can’t… stop yourself from doing the thing that the game is only designed around insofar as you can arrange the components on offer in a certain way to do it. There’s a whole other side, filled with variety and gameplay, that you probably never experienced while you’re acting like you’ve got something to prove despite already having proven it

What you're saying is that I, myself, should come up with something to do, in which case I might as well play Minecraft.

1 minute ago, NorthernDarkIceSoul said:

What you're saying is that I, myself, should come up with something to do, in which case I might as well play Minecraft.

That’s the point of the game; you don’t need any of this extra stuff once you can do it all at least once, but it can be pretty fun to play using the stuff that you’ve earned while earning more stuff to use.

If you want to do whatever Minecraft lets you do, do that; if you want to do whatever Warframe lets you do, do that.

🤔 What did you get into Warframe for in the first place?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, NorthernDarkIceSoul said:

If high hanging fruit means repetitively performing tasks, that don't even require a brain, for an extended period of time, then I don't want such a fruit. Maybe right now Warframe is not the right game for me to play, but it doesn't mean it has to remain this way, and thus I make this thread to provide feedback.

You can boil down the entirety of Warframe to that if you really went to get cynical. 

It will remain "this way", because that is the type of game it is. I hope you find something that encourages your pursuit with a goal within Warframe, but for now, it sounds like you expected to be going into a massive PvP game like Counter-Strike, Valorant, Dota 2, or other franchise (given you keep referencing them here). Warframe is an old game with strong player numbers, but it's not one of those games where you're constantly testing your skills and limits within the game itself. The type of game you seem to be itching for is more akin to Osu or Trackmania, something where you're always pushed to improve to reach higher ranks among other players. Warframe is not that type of game at all, but there are games that do achieve that well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NorthernDarkIceSoul said:

It takes half a year for DE to produce another update, just so that I can finish everything in 3 days and then quit the game to come back another 6 months later. Have you ever considered something that would allow players to stay in the game and play continuously? Maybe some kind of indirect PVP? Capture territory, build defense, etc...? There is literally nothing to do in Warframe right now.

I see what you want to have as

Rather than competing against actual players, members of a clan can compete against other clans by gathering resources, killing counts, and completing missions. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NorthernDarkIceSoul said:

This is indeed a good point. However, have you ever thought how Counter-Strike manages to maintain several hundred thousand online players? They don't even add anything to the game, except for the skins of course. Wouldn't it be great if we could continuously enjoy Warframe forever, the same way Counter-Strike players enjoy Counter-Strike?

I don't think that's a valid comparison at all.

Warframe has far more content/diversity than Counterstrike...

Just because Counterstrike has a ton of players doesn't really mean it has more content, which is the core issue you've identified in your topic/original post. I don't really think too highly of the type of person that plays Counterstrike or any other toxic PVP MMOG. 

1 hour ago, NorthernDarkIceSoul said:

If you talk to a player of any of the following: CS, DotA, LoL, Starcraft, etc.. you'll find that you are very wrong.

those games don't have any Content, completely different market. nobody is playing those for their Content.
if Content is not important to you, then why aren't you playing the game for the sake of? the Players of those games are doing exactly that. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, NorthernDarkIceSoul said:

I gave up on raising MR a long time ago, as it does not present any benefits. The process of raising MR is boring, pointless and tedious. I wish you the best luck with raising your own MR, however, I will remain at MR 18 for the foreseeable future, and just so you know, my MR experience or whatever it's called is maxed, I simply choose not to take the test.

lol

go and raise ur MR. you'll love the extra standing + trace limit. 

you have a lot to do. 

2 hours ago, NorthernDarkIceSoul said:

If you talk to a player of any of the following: CS, DotA, LoL, Starcraft, etc.. you'll find that you are very wrong.

not even similar to warframe, the gameplay loops are different.

• Like 2

This exact type of request is the reason Arcon shards, and more recently netracells, were made the way that they were with an infuriating time gate and unfinishable grind. Please stop asking for this. DE's attempts at solutions to this are always detrimental to everyone that doesn't care about this sort of issue.

Enjoy the fact that you're not chained to an endless grind and have the freedom to go play other games while you wait for new content.

Edited by PollexMessier
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, NorthernDarkIceSoul said:

It takes half a year for DE to produce another update, just so that I can finish everything in 3 days and then quit the game to come back another 6 months later. Have you ever considered something that would allow players to stay in the game and play continuously? Maybe some kind of indirect PVP? Capture territory, build defense, etc...? There is literally nothing to do in Warframe right now.

Seriously, you are bored easily, I'm LR3 and I play every day for hours doing all sorts of in game stuff, and yes at times it can get repetitive, overall though there is always something for me to do to go after and collect/get or need it and I finally get around to getting it, at the moment I'm working towards getting the Clan all 2 of us in the new event to Gold, I'm the only one left playing all the time at the moment, so I sort of set my own goals to get things done.

You want DE to cater for you and only you, DE caters to everyone, have you added your ideas in feedback where DE might read it?

• Like 3

Here is Warframes problem. It needs to ditch the PVE and focus exclusively on PVP Team Battles. There are too many Warframes and weapons, so get rid of all them, and replace them all with a single Warframe that has all their abilities, but nerfed versions, that don't do any damage. To use each ability you need to enter a 10 digit pin code. Also maps too small, make it one huge area, but then you can't just have two teams of people versus, make it 25 teams, of 4 players each. No violent weapons either, players get big inflatable bananas. 

Basically unless Warframe turns into a Battle Royal Team PVP in the style and manner of Fortnite X Overwatch 2 X Ape Escape X Warframe, then there isn't really anything to do, TBH, when you really think about it, so I will quit in 3 days, 3 hours, and 3 seconds. Which will surely spell bad things for Warframe, for that is the number of the half beast! 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Here is Warframes problem. It needs to ditch the PVE and focus exclusively on PVP Team Battles. There are too many Warframes and weapons, so get rid of all them, and replace them all with a single Warframe that has all their abilities, but nerfed versions, that don't do any damage. To use each ability you need to enter a 10 digit pin code. Also maps too small, make it one huge area, but then you can't just have two teams of people versus, make it 25 teams, of 4 players each. No violent weapons either, players get big inflatable bananas. 

Basically unless Warframe turns into a Battle Royal Team PVP in the style and manner of Fortnite X Overwatch 2 X Ape Escape X Warframe, then there isn't really anything to do, TBH, when you really think about it, so I will quit in 3 days, 3 hours, and 3 seconds. Which will surely spell bad things for Warframe, for that is the number of the half beast! 

😉

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NorthernDarkIceSoul said:

This is indeed a good point. However, have you ever thought how Counter-Strike manages to maintain several hundred thousand online players? They don't even add anything to the game, except for the skins of course. Wouldn't it be great if we could continuously enjoy Warframe forever, the same way Counter-Strike players enjoy Counter-Strike?

Because counter strike is a PvP game - Warframe isn’t

• Like 1

9 часов назад, PollexMessier сказал:

This exact type of request is the reason Arcon shards, and more recently netracells, were made the way that they were with an infuriating time gaet and unfinishable grind. Please stop asking for this. DE's attempts at solutions to this are always detrimental to everyone that doesn't care about this sort of issue.

Enjoy the fact that you're not chained to an endless grind and have the freedom to go play other games while you wait for new content.

I mean, I need 24 hours to build grass in dojo. Warframe is all about time gating.

Definitely a lot to do, whether we want to is a personal thing

I do think "darksector conflicts" should have been improved instead of removed.

All other PVP iterations have been pointless and like playing in a sandbox. I have no interest in balance, i liked losing, it was a real fight and forced me to improve and level. We had all in game tools at our disposal. 

Operators and Necramechs would have been insane in that mode

Powercreep has gone off the scale though since it was removed and makes it unlikely effort will be put into introducing any pvp without guard rails and limits again.

10 hours ago, NorthernDarkIceSoul said:

I have considered running Eidolons and the Orb and I even achieved some success until the chinese optimized it to the point where you must use macros

I stopped reading after this utter horse dung. 

This is not a serious thread, it is likely bait, particularly because you refuse to truly master all of the game's content, intentionally limiting yourself and then blaming the devs because your own personal whims aren't satisfied.

And even if it was, I seriously doubt you are a Conclave typhoon, have meta builds for every content piece, a maxed railjack/crew/etc. and so forth.

Because your goals are overly simplistic and your demands are unreasonable. There's a lot to do, especially in the world of build crafting and testing.

Did you know that the dual ichor with melee arcanes is one of the craziest things to come out of the update? Or that the kuva zarr can use the incarnon angstrum's ammo pickup when activated and used with rifle scavenger?

No. Those interactions tend to get discovered by people who actually enjoy tinkering around with and playing the game, instead of waiting around for DE to give them "power", whatever that means.

Edited by Kaiga
  • Like 7

I'm not gonna sugar coat it: This is entirely a you problem.

It's unreasonable to expect one single game to hold your attention forever, 24/7. It's not feasible development wise, meaning developers have to resort to time gating and phsychological tricks (bordering on unethical) to keep people coming back - the latter of which being what many modern live service titles rely on.

The actual solution to this problem is to play something else. That's it. I've already seen you say that nothing interests you, but once again that's entirely a you problem. There's tons of games, big and small, coming out all the time for you to try. This year had a pretty packed release schedule with some absoloute bangers dropping constantly (hi-fi rush, armored core 6, bomb rush cyberfunk, Pseudoregalia, Dune: Spice Wars(' full release), Baldur's Gate 3, just to name a few) to keep you entertained when you've had your fill of Warframe. Hell, you don't even have to play something else, just DO something else. Watch a nice TV show. Read a book. Work out. Whatever it is, just have SOMETHING else going on.

I've been playing this game on and off for 10 years and I keep coming back whenever there's something new or if I get the itch, because I pace myself and do other things. The average person can't eat the same meal day in day out and still love it by the end.

Edited by MechNexus
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, NorthernDarkIceSoul said:

they will open the book at random place and, depending on the page number, will advance in an appropriate direction; this called a binary search.

I will go on a limb and do a nitpick in here: What you describe in here is in fact, not binary search. Binary search is performed by looking at exact halfway point of the searched area, then based on the value found there, narrowing the area (by half, notably, kinda reason why it is called "binary" search after all).

Maybe try looking at things from the perspective of a new player for once. I recently encouraged a friend to try out the game and they were completely overwhelmed by all the things that you can do. Just because you decided to blitz through everything in a few days doesn't mean there is nothing to do in this game. 

Edited by Ace-Bounty-Hunter

Way to go replies and comments as far as i can see (the first page atleast) missed the point

Just another way to say conclave is pointless and any pvp is somehow immediately bad because farming a boring 2 minute mission 300 times a day is somehow any better

Anyway

If DE managed to get some solid servers and pvp up and running with minimal issue there would be a reason to play pvp

Oh wait

Spoiler
12 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

if you learned to slow down once in a while, you might see the game differently in some areas.

12 hours ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

besides waiting for an update.

11 hours ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

have you considered trying something else?

11 hours ago, Ascythian said:

Basically its a you problem. Maybe its time to find another game.

Roughly ironing down to "go away" or "come back later"

Spoiler

Usually pvp is what adds a buffer between updates but with warframe its activities like decorating (which requires farming), fishing, Mining, Conservation (which is farming), challenges like eidolon, void angel or archons (which are farms). Railjack (which is just slow), Forging your choice items (farming).

Hunting mods or unique items (RNG farming)...

Where was the slow and fun part again?  Because i do know its not steel path or Galvanised mods or arcanes or the operator...

The operator is slow...   but is it fun?

So before the second dream was slow and fun but now, we are beyond that point

This is why an Opinion does not evaluate with facts, slow has nothing to do with fun because the individual finds their own fun, if farming is fun don't burn down some elses fun. PvP would work if there were proper gamemodes and less incentive to avoid it like once a week super drops or just bots to play with

Unfairly dealt verticular area

Edited by (XBOX)Mastermitchel89