The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

People are becoming more impatient as of late.

Lancars

9 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

Maybe because DE keeps slapping a weekly time gate on new content and it's making people feel like they have to do all the weeklies which takes up literally all of their time to play the game with how many there are now.

on top of there also being an excessively grindy event happening right now.

Absolutely agreed. Each update turns farming into a slog more and more. It's pretty unfun.

• Like 2

Maybe because DE keeps slapping a weekly time gate on new content and it's making people feel like they have to do all the weeklies which takes up literally all of their time to play the game with how many there are now.

No, that's not even close to it. Excuses like this is exactly why people feel so empowered to be jerks in the game. For context, we're talking about a game that offers missions that take less than 10 minutes to do, with some taking less than 5. There is never a need for the amount of rushing some of these players are doing. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

No, that's not even close to it. Excuses like this is exactly why people feel so empowered to be jerks in the game. For context, we're talking about a game that offers missions that take less than 10 minutes to do, with some taking less than 5. There is never a need for the amount of rushing some of these players are doing. 

I'm pretty sure you are a paid pr rep for DE at this point.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Voltage said:

Even Arcane Adapters are sold for Platinum now despite Rebecca very clearly stating that these were "earned only" when they were added to the Steel Path. 

I actually rankled when I first noticed this. I genuinely think there should be some aspects of progression that can only be gotten through playing the game.

2 hours ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

No, that's not even close to it. Excuses like this

Excuses

You are the problem.

• Like 5

People have always been like this, that's why I tend to avoid them..

I myself have little patience, but as you get older you understand that some things take time and there's not a lot that can be done about it. Sure, the last guy to extract SHOULD hurry the hell up, but i can't expect him to warp instantly from across the map, just gotta spam a waypoint and/or yell at him in Squad chat like everybody else!

• Like 2

Once upon a time before all the power creep the only way to survive and win missions was to run past all the enemies and just do the objective and get out. Personally I am just getting back into the game only to realize I need to grind the components to make a necramech part of the reason i took a long break, grind this, grind there, grind more. My advice be a slowpoke the tile sets nowadays are very gorgeous and worthy of being explored don't let other players get under your skin. Have fun glhf gg 

3 hours ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

I'm not saying it's a good excuse to be a jerk. But it is certainly contributing to people wanting to rush things when their available time to play the parts of the game they want, and even other games, is constantly being encroached on by weekly chores the devs push on us.

Some people are just going to be jerks in that situation. Sure it's on those people for acting like that. But it's also hugely on DE for producing that environment to begin with. It's not the player's fault the devs put a big ticking clock above their heads.

Edited by PollexMessier
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, (XBOX)RaeOvSunshyn said:

I don't understand this. There's been a couple times I was host, thinking I might end up playing solo in a public game had all 4 keys, on way to objective, and people joining still picked up keys. Like, why?! Why are you making it harder on yourself? Or this guy has 1, this guy has 2, this guy has all, this guy has none... in the same squad! It makes no sense to me that once the keys are picked up they aren't just gone -- somebody has it so you can't take it too. Outside of Chroma-ing, what am I missing here?

Part of the issue is that you can't put the keys back once you've picked them up. I've accidentally picked up a key someone else already had more than a few times and had to grab another one.

I've also seen people's keys just, change, partway through the mission. When they were nowhere near the start. So there's probably some UI issues if not just a bug that decides to randomly change the ones you're carrying sometimes.

• Like 1

"excessively grindy" is a bit of a stretch.

Im playing in a shadow clan all by myself because none of my clan members have logged in for years, so I have to do 3x the work of a solo clan, and I was able to get all 18 curses in the first few hours of the event opening, as well as getting enough currency to buy all the cosmetics.

If you're in a solo clan, you basically only have to run the mission 12 times over the course of an entire month, and that should only get easier in bigger clans as long as the clan isnt dead (like mine).

The only grind with this event is for the arcanes in the shop, but even still those are super cheap and easy to get compared to their normal grind. And on top of that, you get an extra 2-3 arcanes per run, half of which are the new arcanes that were just released, and with the new arcane dissolution system you can melt them down and get even more arcanes.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

Nah, I just don't have pessimistic viewpoints on everything the game offers. There's nothing in this game that needs that unnecessary drama. Moreso, OP said this even is grindy, which is very far from the truth. 

• Like 4

Until you seem to be deliberately halting mission progression most people dont seem to care including myself. But lemme tell you a story about today. Was sitting at the spawn point with 2 of the other squad members of the assassination target for effervo, and 1 dudes pretty much on the other side of the map, and you can generally tell how fast someones moving when watching their name. And now this person was not new in the slightest so I said "you slo as heck boi" dude seriously comes back saying "its cause Im vauban"....leading me to feel this way about that answer:

eeRYfNE.gif

Edited by rawr1254

5 hours ago, W00DSTER said:

Once upon a time before all the power creep the only way to survive and win missions was to run past all the enemies and just do the objective and get out. .... My advice be a slowpoke the tile sets nowadays are very gorgeous and worthy of being explored don't let other players get under your skin. Have fun glhf gg 

Well it is annoying when you're literally the only one doing mission objectives ain a 4 man squad. I don't complain but it is totally annoying if you get stuck with a squad like that yeah. 

2 hours ago, IggySnow said:

If you're in a solo clan, you basically only have to run the mission 12 times over the course of an entire month, and that should only get easier in bigger clans as long as the clan isnt dead (like mine).

I'm in a solo clan and it took me 14 runs to get the 6 curses I needed for week 1.

4 minutes ago, tomnmillie said:

I'm in a solo clan and it took me 14 runs to get the 6 curses I needed for week 1.

Ah, yeah I was talking about steel path runs. I forgot you only get 1 curse for doing the normal mission. even still though, 14 runs to get the 6 curses you need is very unlucky.

1 minute ago, IggySnow said:

Ah, yeah I was talking about steel path runs. I forgot you only get 1 curse for doing the normal mission. even still though, 14 runs to get the 6 curses you need is very unlucky.

I did some sp once I was comfortable w the mechanics, but it was the 60 eyes one that finally got me the the 2 hearing curses. I don't need any of the other curses for the rest of the event except hearing

19 hours ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

To some, Warframe is a game about efficiency. People generally want to do the objective asap because they have to grind it multiple times, so the less time they spend with it the better.

That said, I've never met with the level of impatience you're describing. The worst I ever encountered were people leaving if we failed to defend even one objective in Archon Disruption. It doesn't fail the mission itself and it's a minor setback that takes a minute or two to rectify.

Ironically enough I have seen many players failing spy sortie/archon multiple times because they want to do it super fast, triggering alarms in the process, when that happens I always tell them "remember, work smarter, not faster", if anything spy is one of those missions which require the player to pause for a second or two, I also prefer to bring a hacking moa.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IggySnow said:

Not really, when you consider one of the bosses is bugged and has a massively reduced spawn rate (about 10% of the others).

11 hours ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

The term you're looking for here is "sock puppet", which he absolutely is.

Edited by Hexerin

1 hour ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Ironically enough I have seen many players failing spy sortie/archon multiple times because they want to do it super fast, triggering alarms in the process, when that happens I always tell them "remember, work smarter, not faster", if anything spy is one of those missions which require the player to pause for a second or two, I also prefer to bring a hacking moa.

You trivialise and rush all Spy missions (maybe except for Luna) with Wukong and the Helminth ability that instantly hacks consoles. Even so, when I feel brave and do a public Spy mission, half of the time people do what you describe, especially with totally unfit Warframe.

We have a Air Support that freezes the alarm countdown for like 10 seconds which can help a lot but it's still occasionally not enough.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, IggySnow said:

"excessively grindy" is a bit of a stretch.

Im playing in a shadow clan all by myself because none of my clan members have logged in for years, so I have to do 3x the work of a solo clan, and I was able to get all 18 curses in the first few hours of the event opening, as well as getting enough currency to buy all the cosmetics.

The only grind with this event is for the arcanes in the shop, but even still those are super cheap and easy to get compared to their normal grind. And on top of that, you get an extra 2-3 arcanes per run, half of which are the new arcanes that were just released, and with the new arcane dissolution system you can melt them down and get even more arcanes.

I was just referring pretty much exclusively to the arcanes yeah. I got all the event exclusive stuff and all the curses to fill my clan's gargoyle in a day. But yeah, the arcanes are grindy. I'm trying to get just 4 arcanes out of the lot, and to max them all out I need over 200 runs. And that's WITH me already having half of what I needed to start with. That's Grindy.

Better than getting them the normal way, sure. But for one thing, that's kindof the point or they wouldn't be worth doing the event for at all. But for another, That's not a positive mark on the event, that's a negative mark on grinding them out normally.

It would be literally impossible for me to even engage with the event at all, if I was doing all the weeklies for other stuff that I want. I am doing none of them, and still feel like I probably wont be able to do the event enough to max the only 4 arcanes I'm trying to.

All the extra arcanes you get from the mission is nice tho I'll give you that. But they're not the ones I'm after, and they're just going to serve pissing me off when I roll an arcane I've already maxed out 5 times over from this event while trying to get the netracell exclusive legendary arcanes eventually. Dissolution is a nice system but extremely inefficient, and DE is suspiciously withholding the actual drop rates from it. Which is not something they normally do so it's gotta be bad.

• Like 1