Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

After i've seen Gauss prime trailer i realized how disrespected Atlas got on his "trailer"

Drophys

Atlas trailer is not even 1 minute long.
No Ballas monologue.
No custom animations.
No prime tectonics and prime rumblers

I love Atlas, and it saddens me, how bad he is been treated
no voidshell
no new deluxe
no rework
no new augments

It only shows that DE play favorite frames

• Like 3

Atlas has 6 augments, one passive augment, one for each of his abilities and two for his ultimate, one of which was originally a PVP only augment until it got allowed into PVE. The augments aren't that amazing though, some potentially useless or a bit pointless, but he definitely already had a lot of them.

Atlas himself mainly just needs a buff, and every prime frame that hasn't gotten a prime trailer yet should get one, but it likely takes a while to even make the trailers.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

Atlas has 6 augments, one passive augment, one for each of his abilities and two for his ultimate, one of which was originally a PVP only augment until it got allowed into PVE. The augments aren't that amazing though, some potentially useless or a bit pointless, but he definitely already had a lot of them.

Atlas himself mainly just needs a buff, and every prime frame that hasn't gotten a prime trailer yet should get one, but it likely takes a while to even make the trailers.

3 of the 6 augments are usefull
"Path of statues"
"Ore gaze"
"Rumble Heap"

Atlas need a rework, 2 of his 4 abilities are really useful
Landslide 
Petrify

Some trailers are not equal, or ALL trailers get the same treatment or NONE of them

There was no trailer for Atlas. TennoVIP Japan had a Railjack preview vid for attendees with a sneak peak at Atlas Prime, that's not the same as a Prime trailer, and it never was intended to be.

27 minutes ago, Drophys said:

They've very openly stated they can't always afford t do a Prime trailer due workflow. Mainly working on a cinematic quest is preferred to using the same resources for a marketing short vid.

• Like 3

Fun fact, the day atlas prime released was also the same patch Gauss got some major buffs that skyrocketed his strength in the game. 

That aside, atlas prime is an interesting thing to study. He has the most buffs of any prime compared to their base (armor, hp, speed, energy, and i think shields too) and yet got little fan fare as seen by the trailer and general lack of Atlas’ I see, although that anecdotal to be fair

12 hours ago, Drophys said:

Yareli exists in the state she's in (effectively unplayable). Mag literally doesn't have a passive. Etc, etc, etc.

What clued you in?

• Like 1

ITT: People don't understand resource management in projects

Warframe is a 10+ years old ongoing game. It's a product with so many projects being worked on at the same time at any given time. Their budget, scope, design principles, priorities, even staff are not the same as it was 6, 5, or even 4 years ago.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Drophys said:

Well… the Devs do have their favorite frames

I know Voruna and Ember are Megan’s favorite, and I think Valkyr was Rebecca’s favorite for a time… unless that was Megan again.

I don’t know about Pablo, but I got a feeling he would be an Equinox enjoyer. Idk she seems the most balanced=least annoying for Pablo

On 2024-01-17 at 6:00 PM, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

meanwhile Atlas with Ceramic Dagger Incarnon and/or Wrathful Advance subsumed;

"sorry, did you say something?, I can't hear you over the millions of damage I'm doing with every punch!"

Right! mvTmYah.jpg
like WHAT?!  I CANT HEAR YOUUUUUUU! 

On 2024-01-17 at 11:06 PM, Hexerin said:

Yareli exists in the state she's in (effectively unplayable). Mag literally doesn't have a passive. Etc, etc, etc.

What clued you in?

Yareli is not only perfectly playable, she's actually really good if you know how to play the game.

As for Mag, she "literally" DOES have a passive. It's basically a vacuum assist. You may not LOVE it, but to say she "literally" doesn't have one is demonstrably false.

1 hour ago, JustJoshinEntertainment said:

As for Mag, she "literally" DOES have a passive. It's basically a vacuum assist. You may not LOVE it, but to say she "literally" doesn't have one is demonstrably false.

You're simply wrong. Full stop, period.

3 hours ago, Hexerin said:

I think you confused your bias with logic… that is a passive… it’s garbage, but still a passive…

Whether the passive works or not is a separate debate altogether 

11 hours ago, Aruquae said:

I think you confused your bias with logic… that is a passive… it’s garbage, but still a passive…

Whether the passive works or not is a separate debate altogether 

Just stop, you're making a fool of yourselves. She hasn't had a passive for years, therefore she doesn't have a passive. You don't get to hide behind "bug" when it's been that long.

On 2024-01-19 at 4:09 AM, Hexerin said:

You literally have no idea how her passive works if you think that video disproved its existence c.c

Her passive requires that you BULLET JUMP to activate it, not just walk around.  It's not just a basic vacuum.  That's what VACUUMs are for.

Literally from the Wiki:  "Bullet jumping pulls-in nearby items for easy collection.

Or you could just look up her passive in your Arsenal, right there in-game, before making a fool of yourself MULTIPLE times on this thread as you tell multiple people that they're "wrong", even when the objective facts are in their favor.

Confident Ignorance is a choice, ffs.

1 hour ago, JustJoshinEntertainment said:

You literally have no idea how her passive works if you think that video disproved its existence c.c

Her passive requires that you BULLET JUMP to activate it, not just walk around.  It's not just a basic vacuum.  That's what VACUUMs are for.

Literally from the Wiki:  "Bullet jumping pulls-in nearby items for easy collection.

Or you could just look up her passive in your Arsenal, right there in-game, before making a fool of yourself MULTIPLE times on this thread as you tell multiple people that they're "wrong", even when the objective facts are in their favor.

Confident Ignorance is a choice, ffs.

Maybe you should take your own advice and educate yourself.

86314ea68255b124aa77b6f825d6ea07.png

bb1cf4e2b09514583493bd77f0b675d5.jpg

034dacdcacdd238599830dbd290b08f2.png

Edited by Hexerin

Yeah, you know, when I was watching the Gauss Prime trailer, my immediate first thought, was that they made it so cool just to spite Atlas. You could just tell by the choice of the music selection, and Gauss's little gestures and animations, that the team behind this trailer, definitely wanted to send one, very clear and direct message. "We are DE, and we hate and despite Atlas and those who use him", its like.. the vitriol was drenched all over Gauss and the reason he could move so fast. The doors trying to box him in, were the hopes and dreams of Atlas fans being dashed through, by what can only be a vindictive, petty and hateful attitude for DE to have. 

Its really hard not to take this personally when DE is so blatantly brazen about their disrespect, so specifically toward Atlas. They might as well have had Atlas grave in the trailer, with that jerk Gauss tap dancing all over it, how utterly egregious and personally offensive the disrespect blown. Really unprofessional of them, all things considered. Even more recently with the Chroma Lunar Year gear. Chroma? Chroma? Dragons aren't real, but you know what is real? Rocks. Also what is the Moon made of? Rocks. Lunar New Year should have celebrated Atlas. Not Chroma, except DE hates Atlas so much, and they want everyone to know it. 

Side note: Atlas is actually in a pretty solid place right now. He has been shadow buffed/passively buffed a bunch with several updates new content and ways to enhance his punching. Also like others said, its really not that personal, its just other variables like time, resources and natural cycles. A few months ago, a lot of people felt Sevagoth was being ignored, not knowing a Deluxe and powerful Augment were on their way. Look at Caliban. Lots of older Warframes, that already have Deluxe skins, and Augments usually only get DE attention, if they are considered to really be in a dire state, see Hydroid rework and people always talking about it. Personally I enjoy using Atlas and consider him in a healthier spot than say... Inaros, but you know, subjective and all that. As someone who likes a lot of older Warframes though, I can sympathise, wish more Voidshells existed, we got more minor buffs/reworks, but also not the healthiest to think DE are so prone to favouritism/biases without being careful about that being possibly reflective of our own biases as well.