Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can I please explore the Entrati labs without having enemies constantly spawning around me?

-Krism-

More of a rant topic, but I #*!%ing hate those fractures that spawn enemies, even after the mission's objective is already over

I'd like to explore & take my time to look at the details from the tilesets of the labs without disturbances

It's not even like the enemies are tough or anything, it's just that those fractures appear every 30s & that it takes the enemies a #*!%ing eternity to get out

They just serve as a mild annoyance

I know they always spawn at the same points of certain rooms, I #*!%ing memorized them, & getting away stops the spawn, but that just adds to the annoyance

Every time I hear that whoosh/whisper sound, I wanna rip my hair out because I know I have to run to other side of the room just to go back to looking at stuff

• Like 9

I was thinking this today when I did bounties for the daily standing. "Man it would be nice if the mobs wouldnt bother me!" as I stood on a ledge looking at the not so distant structures in the void. Not so enjoyable when a pebble is chewing on your foot, a robotic dog tries to hum... eat your leg and Mr. Mechano tries to blast your face off. Like seriously, calm down fellows, I'm honestly just taking in the sights of your home, so can we postpone the whole hostility and murder bit for a just a little?

• Like 3

Yeah for sure. I love exploring the labs but it's annoying to have all these enemies popping up. I've also been sniped during Netracell missions after I complete the mission and let my guard down and get taken out by new enemies that pop up, though I admit that's entirely my fault.

• Like 1

I legitimately didn't think people would agree with me on this one, as I said, it's pretty much just a rant

2 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

I'm honestly just taking in the sights of your home, so can we postpone the whole hostility and murder bit for a just a little?

23 minutes ago, GrayArchon said:

Yeah for sure. I love exploring the labs but it's annoying to have all these enemies popping up.

Exactly, the DE team has put so much effort into everything, like the writings on the walls having a bit of lore, & the destructible furniture being one of the most fun things to play with, but you simply can't appreciate anything with Concrete Gang™ rising up from the floor every 2 meters

• Like 3

15 минут назад, UnstarPrime сказал:

But I also get what you're saying.  Would Captura solve the problem?

Sadly, Captura has only few rooms out of vast variety available in a tile set (and not just Entrati Lab, but almost any tile set). And Capturas almost never include smaller rooms (corridors and corners), which can be interesting to look at as well.

19 minutes ago, UnstarPrime said:

But I also get what you're saying.  Would Captura solve the problem?

The in mission just has a different feel, as if you were really there, Captura feels a lot more disconnected

Plus, as said above, only a few rooms are available there, not the whole tileset

9 hours ago, -Krism- said:

I'd like to explore & take my time to look at the details from the tilesets of the labs without disturbances

you can absolutely do that, with Ivara and Primed Flow + Preparation, built for duration and efficiency to remain invisible for as long as possible. Infiltrate augment lets you move a bit faster in Prowl and you can still roll and void dash to get around faster if needs be. cloak at the start and you can probably make it to the end of the tileset without having to re-up your energy. 

another advantage is you can use Dashwire to look at places that are hard to reach up close. 

Can always take a max duration Nova and just slow them down, generally makes enemies so slow they are a non issue.

The Zariman and Albrecht labs are incredibly highly detailed, and it's kinda neat to just check stuff out in them.

It does kinda make Extermination missions feel pointless. What exactly is the point of "clearing out the Murmur" in an area if they're just going to break through the floor as soon as I'm gone?

I'd say non-endless missions (so Exterminate and Assassination) should halt the breaches once the objective has been completed. Then it would feel like I'd actually made a difference.

• Like 2

On 2024-02-11 at 2:09 AM, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

[...]

On 2024-02-11 at 2:23 AM, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

For exploration, I just run Ivara.

On 2024-02-11 at 4:46 AM, FA22_RaptoR said:

Can always take a max duration Nova

On 2024-02-11 at 12:55 PM, Monolake said:

Just CC and ignore them

Thing is, even during the mission it's a #*!%ing pain

For the last couple days I've been farming Vocas while testing older weapons, & just entering a room not hearing/finding any & getting out, I still have to deal with it

That god damn sound every time you enter a room, even if you're fast there are still one or two enemies that have time to spawn because the area before it disappears is so #*!%ing big, so you have to backtrack to kill that one concrete arm, so the enemy marker can finally point to the next location

It must happen more than 20 times in a single mission, I'm sure you guys can understand how infuriating it becomes

• Like 1

8 hours ago, -Krism- said:

Thing is, even during the mission it's a #*!%ing pain

For the last couple days I've been farming Vocas while testing older weapons, & just entering a room not hearing/finding any & getting out, I still have to deal with it

That god damn sound every time you enter a room, even if you're fast there are still one or two enemies that have time to spawn because the area before it disappears is so #*!%ing big, so you have to backtrack to kill that one concrete arm, so the enemy marker can finally point to the next location

It must happen more than 20 times in a single mission, I'm sure you guys can understand how infuriating it becomes

While it isn't infuriating to me, I do see how the constant enemy summon system can be tricky for exploration. This is why we mentioned the stealth frames solution. Just wipe out the required number of enemies and then explore in peace with an Ivara. They won't attack what they cannot see. 

Edited by (PSN)GEN-Son_17
Grammar error

On 2024-02-11 at 12:35 PM, Corvid said:

It does kinda make Extermination missions feel pointless. What exactly is the point of "clearing out the Murmur" in an area if they're just going to break through the floor as soon as I'm gone?

I'd say non-endless missions (so Exterminate and Assassination) should halt the breaches once the objective has been completed. Then it would feel like I'd actually made a difference.

Oh yeah! <holds up a jar of Kuva> - Kool Aid Murmur

Call it my ignorance on the expansion area...

Disclaimer:

Spoiler

I do not run new content until the Echoes updates drop because of bugs.

Ever since Heart of Deimos (which is STILL not replayable. Seriously, it's 2024. Why the hell are quests STILL being released without replay built in on day 1? Why spend all that time and money on mocap, cutscenes, etc for a one and done?) where my dialogue bugged and auto skipped to the next line every 2 words I wait a few months.

I love Warframe's story and to this very day I have no clue wtf happened in Heart of Deimos, as every single bit of dialogue was bugged. The most heartbreaking being when music girl tries describing what Warframes are made of (Her dialogue skipped after 4 words) and the fact I have absolutely no clue wtf the Necralisk is, who or what the Entrati are, what happened to deimos, why they are infested, why necramechs were made, why make Warframes if Necramechs are so damn powerful (Orphic Venom made my confusion even worse) are, and etc...

So, my "Excitement" for Whispers is very much non-existent tbh. Everything Deimos and Entrati related I'm not invested in because like many on console during Deimos release, we were robbed of the story and DE has never bothered to make it repeatable. 

Duviri isn't even repeatable...which is...wow...

All the years of wait and speculation, for a one and done 1 hour (if you take your time) quest... *Sighs* 

...but...

Do extermination and capture missions no longer work as missions where enemies cease spawning in after they are all killed/a certain amount of time passes?

1 hour ago, Aerikx said:

Do extermination and capture missions no longer work as missions where enemies cease spawning in after they are all killed/a certain amount of time passes?

In the Deimos labs, normal enemies will stop spawning as normal, but there are numerous points in every room where some kind of fracture will appear on the ground, which will spawn Murmur enemies, even after the mission is over