Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do Drifter Intrinsics make Duviri harder?

Xylia

So I've done several rounds of Duviri Experience solo prior to today and they were all of reasonable challenge.

But this morning, I logged onto Warframe and tried one, and holy crap, WTF? The challenge has really spiked significantly, the first attempt this morning was a Sorrow spiral and not only did the Dax in the open world area seem stronger and more annoying, but I got an Excavation objective in the Undercroft and somehow, despite me being an Atlas with 1,500 combined shields and health, I was getting one-shot by... well, I don't know what it was. I'd be defending the excavator like normal and WHAM. Dead. Didn't even see what hit me. From full health and almost full shields.

After a couple more times of that happening, I say 'screw this' and abandon, and decide to come back to it some hours later.

This time, it's a Fear spiral and I go in with Gara whom I know I've completed DE with before and I'm having some decent difficulty staying alive in the Undercroft, and the Dax in the open world are more annoying, and for some reason every single time I keep getting that stupid Dax Rider boss (can I take a moment to mention how much I HATE forced timed parry usage in games?) which is even more annoying.

The only thing I can think of, as to why the difficulty suddenly spiked, is because I recently spent a bunch of intrinsics in the cave, and maybe because I did a few runs within the last few days.

EDIT: Also in the second run, the 2nd Undercroft was a Defense and it was just wall-to-wall Eximus units. Like 10+ per wave and the Orowrym fight where you gotta kill the 15 dax, like 5 of them were those white ghosty strong ones. If it weren't for the Imperator drop, there's no way I woulda been able to kill all of those.

Edited by Xylia

I don't remember any buff to anything, it's probably just the Duviri Experience SP vs Normal probably.

To be noted there are 3 "special" Undercrofts in Duviri Experience Steel Path, with +75 levels and Eximus Stronghold behavior, which are not the ones counting for the stages, it's probably where you encountered the Eximii spam

• Like 3

I am not on Steel Path, I don't even have Steel Path unlocked.

I've done like 10 runs of DE whilst solo, 4 of them yesterday trying to do the Nightwave thing for the Puzzles. The two this morning were significantly harder both open world and undercroft for some weird reason. Like 3x the difficulty, easy.

Edited by Xylia

4 minutes ago, Xylia said:

I've done like 10 runs of DE whilst solo, 4 of them yesterday trying to do the Nightwave thing for the Puzzles. The two this morning were significantly harder both open world and undercroft for some weird reason. Like 3x the difficulty, easy.

Could also be your modded weapons/frame versus unmodded weapons/frame.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Aruquae said:

Could also be your modded weapons/frame versus unmodded weapons/frame.  

I always take the Default Mods option.

And that wouldn't explain the eximus spam, or the dax in the overworld being harder.

Edited by Xylia

17 minutes ago, Xylia said:

I always take the Default Mods option.

Ahhh well. Three things could’ve happened

1. The default mods were put on a sucky weapon, or just a sucky combo for a weapon (such as high crit on a status weapon). So your damage was screwed that run

2. You didn’t get good decrees prior. Decrees are everything in this mode, they turn a Stug into a Laetum. 
3. DE recognized how OP you were, and had to try their best to nerf you. 

• Like 2

Drifter intrinsics do not make Duviri harder no. 

As far as your experiences, its hard to say without more first hand knowledge, witnessing, or evidence. Possible explanations? Are you solo or in a team? The way you phrased it implied solo, but I wouldn't want to assume. I also ask, because, I have heard situations of regular star chart players being matched with Steel Path players on certain nodes, activities. Either because of an unintended bug with matchmaking etc, or some wackiness with the host quickly changing what type of mission they want to do, etc. 

Since what you described, sounds exactly like Steel Path. Which, yes, I know you said you don't have Steel Path unlocked, hence why I bring up above. Like certain optional portals in Steel Path mode, are flooded with Eximus by design. 

Other potential explanations? Have you been doing Corrupted Vault runs with Dragon Keys recently? Is it possible you have those equipped. Possibly Decrees. You you have much knowledge and experience with them? There are Corrupted Decrees, which gives you buffs, at the cost of debuffs. I have friends who don't really play games with high attention, and I myself play games when I am really tired, so maybe you took a Decree that gave you a large debuff? (There are some where you take double damage etc). 

Some other sort of bug issue that I am unaware of. 

Anyway you have my sympathies. Hope you find out what it is. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chewarette said:

I don't remember any buff to anything, it's probably just the Duviri Experience SP vs Normal probably.

This might be not the case for OP but it happened for me. I've wanted to do some Duviri solo. Enemies seems tougher. Orowyrm had some weird mechanic. Only at this point it struck me as "it's SP version". It's so easy to overlook when you change Circuit to SP to set rewards and you go back to other Duviri. There is only small symbol that my brain just removes.

1 hour ago, Xylia said:

I wonder if you need to unlock it (afair ask teshin about "steel path"). Go to Circuit (3 option) and check if you are on normal mode (tap in bottom middle, 2 tabs, 2nd one is steel path).

1 hour ago, Xylia said:

That's weird then, because what you describes is typically Steel Path behavior. I think you should check if there isn't something on your screen when you select the Duviri missions that would hint at SP being activated. Maybe it's buggy (wouldn't be the first time) and it selects the SP version even if you didn't unlock it yet.

Duviri had lots of issues upon release with that. Using matchmaking would either put you in SP or normal disregarding your parameters.

The easiest to analyze your issue would be to check the enemy levels : they're 20 levels higher in Duviri and 100 in Undercroft.

Exactly the opposite if anything, I've recently maxed out all my intrinsics and the only real challenge I still run into in Duviri are some of those damn Kaithe races (usually the ones with gates in the air...because "Always Moving Forward" feels terrible for precision air movement).

I've never run Steel Path Duviri either (only the Circuit) so I couldn't tell you if it's a bug causing that or not.

I think you were on Steel Path.

For Duviri you can unlock its Steel Path mode by Clearing The Duviri Experience & The Circuit on Normal. 

Once that's done, Steel Path is unlocked for Duviri. So it's easy to accidentally find yourself in a Steel Path Duviri run. 

That said, usually Steel Path Duviri is only challenging at the start. After about 10 Decrees it's hard to even know you're on Steel Path mode. 

• Like 1

Intrinsics and decrees make your life easier and easier. That is the way you progress. 

On steelpath, if you combine them well, with 10 decrees you can start oneshotting stuff. The experience is a breeze from there up.  

Edited by Kronxito

Something I've noticed with Sorrow spirals is that enemy elemental attacks seem to deal a lot more damage than in other spirals. Attacks that I could normally facetank without issue will put me close to death when the cold buff is applied.

I'm wondering if something might be going on under the hood that's making cold damage specifically spike so high.

• Like 1

Just now, Corvid said:

Something I've noticed with Sorrow spirals is that enemy elemental attacks seem to deal a lot more damage than in other spirals. Attacks that I could normally facetank without issue will put me close to death when the cold buff is applied.

I'm wondering if something might be going on under the hood that's making cold damage specifically spike so high.

Doesn't the Cold status amplify crit multipliers?

I don't know if enemies have the ability to crit or not, but that could explain the sudden spike in damage.

What exactly is "The Circuit"? I dunno if I ever did that or not.

And if Steel Path enemies are like Lv100, I would have definitely noticed THAT.

Pretty sure the enemies during the Orowyrm fight were level 50, I remember noting how the enemies started at 20 and wound up being 50 at the end.

I'll start another Duviri here soon and I'll even record it to see if it happens this time too.

EDIT: Looked up what the circuit was, I never did the Circuit.

Edited by Xylia

OK so I did another round.

It wasn't quite as hard this time, but I still ran into Eximus spam in the defense, and a LOT of those white ghosty guys during the Orowyrm fight, and this is definitely not Steel Path.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2063608025

And yes before anybody would deign to tell me that I suck at the game, I know. My aim was absolutely terrible, likely because I was playing No Man's Sky earlier, and for some reason my hands are starting to bind up a little.

I'm not usually QUITE that bad, couldn't believe how many headshots I was missing lol. It also doesn't help that they gave me TWO of those super annoying prisoner rescues. Probably my #2 least favorite objective right behind the stupid mounted boss.

Thankfully though, I got both of my favorite movement Decrees and a load of crit stuff and weapons that don't suck this time. All of those crit decrees though, really paired nicely with those rapid fire guns lol.

But still, that seems like a wee bit more Eximus units than should spawn, I don't remember seeing that many of them before.

Edited by Xylia

You should get used to swapping between gun mode and melee mode if you want to shoot outside using counter hits.

I'd recommend the Nikana or if you're into heavy attacks the Polearm.

The Nikana is what I use since it's fast and lets you slide attack around enemies then get free slices into their backs. The other weapons are harder to do this without atk speed or movement decrees. The Polearm has a nice wide slide attack but you can't get as many free hits so you use a power attack instead. I personally mostly melee with Drifter. I'll throw out some shots during Kullervo or some other situation where I can't get near the enemy right away.

I was doing SP Durviri with no decrees for a while just to have fun with the combat. You start to see patterns in enemy attacks.
Archer are probably the hardest enemy. Even with perfect blocks to jedi their shots they'll do that mine jump and the first one always hits you.

Don't underestimate your 2nd and 4th abilities either. At 10:00 in the video you're playing waaaaay to safe. I would slide into the right/left flank, dig in a couple swings then dodge roll out. Keep in mind, hitting these enemies staggers them which in turn gives you a free hit if they're not doing a mechanic.

3 hours ago, Aldain said:

I don't know if enemies have the ability to crit or not, but that could explain the sudden spike in damage.

DE said they took this enemy capability out just recently.  Apparently not every enemy could do it, so no idea if it would  apply in Duviri even if they goofed up.

It does feel like Duviri is just randomly amped up on some runs, no other factors being different between them. Ultimately though, once you get a handful of decrees under you belt, everything just falls before you without effort, so it's a minor issue at worst.

4 hours ago, Aldain said:

That might be it, though I'm fairly certain the damage was still increased on the first hit (so without any procs). Hard to tell since many of the attacks in question have multiple projectiles.

To answer the primary question,

No , intrinsics don't make it harder.

If you are certain it's not SP , then the only things I can think of are the corrupted decrees which can be extremely debilitating.

The actual weapon/frame you get can  also be something that can give different results. The default mods on most if not all the loadouts tends to suck , a few weapons can brute force no matter what you put on them in regular mode and few struggle even with ideal mods.

Then the final is the "extra" undercroft missions (after you complete the orowyrm) that have elevated difficulties and eximus stronghold modifiers.

On 2024-02-15 at 1:56 PM, Xylia said:

that stupid Dax Rider boss (can I take a moment to mention how much I HATE forced timed parry usage in games?)

You don't need to parry at all, you can shoot or melee the rider until the small health bar is depleted and then perform a melee heavy attack on the rider, when it lands you get the prompt to strike as well.