Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allow Yareli to go on and off of Merulina with the new augment

Edgetable

With Yareli's new augment coming out, Loyal Merulina, there should be an option to hop on and off of Merulina whenever you please, even at the cost of energy. I love the idea of the augment as a half Yareli main, but sometimes I really enjoy the k-drive movement and would prefer to use it, but also like the option to hop off of it when going through a more difficult part on a map. I would like to see what the community thinks about this!

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, Edgetable said:

With Yareli's new augment coming out, Loyal Merulina, there should be an option to hop on and off of Merulina whenever you please, even at the cost of energy. I love the idea of the augment as a half Yareli main, but sometimes I really enjoy the k-drive movement and would prefer to use it, but also like the option to hop off of it when going through a more difficult part on a map. I would like to see what the community thinks about this!

I agree.  A tap/hold function seems perfect for this.  With or without it, I'm still pumped for this augment.  But giving us the tap/hold option at least means that I wouldn't have to cycle configs when clearing the Yareli NW challenge (20 kills on a k drive).

• Like 1

I can easily support the augment being adjusted to grant Yareli a tap/hold for companion/rider, just so long as choosing rider mode also disables Merulina's ability to cast Sea Snares while you're riding.

Edited by Hexerin
  • Like 5

OK, the new Merulina augment what if it allowed us to still ride it by pressing square (console) when close enough to it? similar to actual K-drives?

I'm not too happy with the idea of an augment the completely eliminates a core characteristic of a Warframe, especially if that augment prevents us from using another one more powerful.

Imagine if Revealing spores gave us the enemy radar but removed the damage from spores....that's what it looks like with Loyal merulina.

Edited by Qorvex99
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Qorvex99 said:

OK, the new Merulina augment what if it allowed us to still ride it by pressing square (console) when close enough to it? similar to actual K-drives?

I'm not too happy with the idea of an augment the completely eliminates a core characteristic of a Warframe, especially if that augment prevents us from using another one more powerful.

Imagine if Revealing spores gave us the enemy radar but removed the damage from spores....that's what it looks like with Loyal merulina.

don't see why not

28 minutes ago, Qorvex99 said:

Imagine making a completely illogical comparison to try and prove a point. This is more like Nezha's or Zephyr's augments that disables their passives rather than something that gimps them.

The augment is entirely optional. If you enjoy using an unwieldy K-drive like mechanic in tilesets that were clearly not designed to work with it, knock yourself out. But the fact remains that a lot of people hate Merulina's controls and the restrictions that come with it. (Locked to secondary weapons. Subsumed abilities don't work, etc).

Stop crying.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

Imagine making a completely illogical comparison to try and prove a point. This is more like Nezha's or Zephyr's augments that disables their passives rather than something that gimps them.

The augment is entirely optional. If you enjoy using an unwieldy K-drive like mechanic in tilesets that were clearly not designed to work with it, knock yourself out. But the fact remains that a lot of people hate Merulina's controls and the restrictions that come with it. (Locked to secondary weapons. Subsumed abilities don't work, etc).

Stop crying.

would it hurt your ego that much to add my option in any way? like are you this much annoyed at people's opinions?

you're telling me this augment is entirely optional, I'm telling you my suggestion is as well, you hate K-drive and want to use the augment? ok you can choose to not ride merulina while the augment is active.

but some of us want to use the augment while still having the option to ride merulina, stop being a nuisance Ace, seriously, you've been doing this constantly and it's honestly getting stupid. 

1 hour ago, Qorvex99 said:

would it hurt your ego that much to add my option in any way?

The option already exists. Just don't use the augment. It's not rocket science. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 hour ago, Qorvex99 said:

stop being a nuisance Ace, seriously, you've been doing this constantly and it's honestly getting stupid. 

Or how about you stop making stupid and ignorant posts and maybe I'll stop calling you out for it.

7 minutes ago, Aruquae said:

Uh oh, the Gauss pfps are fighting. This is going to get ugly

Cmon @Qorvex99, you’re better than this

I Don't even have the energy for that tbh he's just petty.

9 hours ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

Or how about you stop making stupid and ignorant posts and maybe I'll stop calling you out for it.

oh man, other people opinions really hurt you to much, you're just a sad, sad man and I don't want anything to do with you.
I'd be laughing my butt off if they actually implemented my completely harmless idea after what you said lol.

Just now, Qorvex99 said:

I Don't even have the energy for that tbh he's just petty

Dang it, blocking exists

You guys can block each other, just saying

In regards to the post… I’m fine with the augment considering it’s optional, but your idea could also work. Instead of a “press interact to go on Merulina” I would rather it be a “hold ability to jump on Merulina.” The reason being is I don’t want to try to interact with a console just to hop on Merulina. It would be nice to still ve able to still board Merulina with the augment, just so I can pick and choose for tilesets (lower tilesets, better to not use Merulina etc.).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aruquae said:

In regards to the post… I’m fine with the augment considering it’s optional, but your idea could also work. Instead of a “press interact to go on Merulina” I would rather it be a “hold ability to jump on Merulina.” The reason being is I don’t want to try to interact with a console just to hop on Merulina. It would be nice to still ve able to still board Merulina with the augment, just so I can pick and choose for tilesets (lower tilesets, better to not use Merulina etc.).

the thing is, having that option, like you said would smoothen the ability substantially, without delays, you can hop on merulina, see a tileset you don't like, hop off while still retaining the damage reduction.

or if you want to use your primary.

obviously being on merulina isn't for everybody, but to me it's a good little mobility challenge, and fun.

also don't worry I'm not interacting with him anymore, but I don't really want to block either. 

Oh no, I've already seen the copypasta's and memes around Yareli/Drifter compatibility, and you want to add more fuel to the fire by suggesting...

Oh wait, you mean, ride, like... Never mind. Yeah, I actually think that would be neat. Some tile sets in Warframe, riding Merulina is fun, convenient and relatively bug free. The new lab tile sets for example, racing around to get places down hallways. That being said, there are areas and parts of the tile set, that are less ideal. Maybe more verticality or more objects around, maybe its smaller or some other issue. So you can end up with more bugs, glitches and issues, snags and so on. 

The option to be able to have more control as far as deciding if you want to speed around as Yareli as originally intended, or switching to free style Merulina, would be great for pretending to be Silver Surfer, but also welcome and convenient to many. I can see arguments and reasons against, and I don't know if this would lessen or cause more bugs/glitches, since you know, Warframe, but... providing it doesn't add more bugs/issues, I'd personally like this. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Oh no, I've already seen the copypasta's and memes around Yareli/Drifter compatibility, and you want to add more fuel to the fire by suggesting...

Now I’m interested, what memes were you referring to?

• Like 1

Just now, Aruquae said:

Now I’m interested, what memes were you referring to?

Hah, its a bit risqué and I am not sure if I am actually allowed to post it in these Forums, but if you google Yareli compatibility with Drifters or people, you'll probably find a few different Reddit links to people using the copypasta/meme. IIRC it borrows a template that was originally used in Pokemon fandoms. 

Its very silly. Good for lighting up the mood though. What can I say, I see people in conflict and I get the urge to try and throw a cold bucket of water at the situation. Get it? Bucket of water? Because... Yareli's helmet looks like a bucket? 

• Like 1

vor 14 Stunden schrieb Qorvex99:

The augment itself is not a problem because it just represents a different playstyle. The imo well founded worry another forum poster had was however that existing issues and bugs with merulina will continue to be ignored because 'just use the augment instead'.

You could absolutely make a worthwhile augment for spores that removes its innate damage and replaces it with a weapon buff component for example. The self buff build on saryn is a real thing and a different spore augment could benefit that playstyle massively. We just wouldnt be talking about what we are talking right now because clearly saryn without augments is doing just fine.

19 minutes ago, -Krism- said:

I was thinking the same thing while watching the stream

Hold/press to ride Merulina, & the other to summon her

Was about to post this too, it would make Yareli feel really good and a lot more tactical. The augment rather than just removing the K-drive, it would allow people to do that but also allow to adapt to situations in real time, rather than having to leave the mission, change build, then start mission and be unable to change/adapt until you leave again.

To also note that the augment only removes riding, you keep the damage redirection to Merulina, so the augment is a massive improvement when you are fighting things, which is... nearly always. The augment is so good that it pretty much outweighs the ability to ride Merulina, but if we at least kept the option to ride any time we wanted then even with the augment there would be uses to riding. In fact, the augment is so good that Tap/Hold for ride/companion might as well be default and she would feel like a very complete and fun frame, better yet if you could switch without recasting (tap to cast, hold to switch between ride and companion). But considering how in WF people fighting against making the game better... yeah, it's RIP for that.

Edited by God_is_a_Cat_Girl

I completely agree, and for those who still don't understand the relevance of this post, the problem with yareli is not the k-drive itself, but the need to stay in it to obtain the survival aspect of the warframe, and this can be extremely difficult in SOME maps and not all of them, in some maps the use of the k-drive to go to the extraction can turn out to be very useful if you are already used to k-drive, another reason which is in my opinion the main one is the restriction that being in the k-drive brings to yareli's kit as she can't use anything other than her own skills and secondary weapons, apart from the fact that incarnon weapons have neither sound or animation when they are activated...

I wouldnt mind a tap/hold function. I would however mind a regular K-drive interaction since it shares other functions, which would be annoying if you try to use those interactions if the fish stick happens to slide close to you so you mount it instead.

While accidental mounting might be fun elsewhere in life, I wouldnt want it in WF. I dont drink when playing WF, so I would realize it and get annoyed by it directly and not the day after as it tends to pan out in real life.

On 2024-02-25 at 5:38 PM, (XBOX)zThulsaDoomz said:

The augment is entirely optional.  She even has an alternative augment for that ability.  Not understanding the umbrage about this tbh

It's because this is a Fix ahem I mean, Augment to her kit. Making her playable and possibly enjoyable.

Imo this should just be a feature not an Augment....

• Like 1

On 2024-02-24 at 6:54 PM, Edgetable said:

I'm on board here! 

She would, technically, be the second Warframe with an active companion that draws aggro, attacks and can provide protection. I think I would balance the newly suggested toggle feature with reduced damage reduction while off Merulina. This would offset the enhanced offensive/CC gains. 

Sign me up on the petition board!