Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Check this out fam. AI scents while we game. Where are you going first?

Just now, (PSN)Lollybomb said:

Regardless of if that's a real product or not, including scents with other media has been tried before.

It NEVER ends well.

You ever had expired scratch'n'sniff books? Yea...

• Like 1

Valley of Defilement/Blight Town as Miyazaki intended it to be played. Oh but since this is Warframe forum, Zariman hub. For err non creepy reasons, I swear. Won't be playing as Saryn, Grendel or Nidus for a while either. No offence to them. I just get the sense... they have particular scents. 

• Like 2

The Old 60' Odorama Now for your Home Cinema,

Buy a kit for $149.99 Save $30 and get 6 full scent cartridges

Gunfire : Let the smoky echoes of gunshots immerse you in the adrenaline-pumping world of virtual combat.
Explosion : Smell the detonations from explosions and debris as you navigate through virtual warzones.
Forest : Immerse yourself in the scent of ancient pine and earth, transporting your gaming space into a magical realm of adventure.
Storm : Feel the freshness of rain and ozone as you walk through the rainy streets of gotham, or travel through rhodes.
Racing Cars : Accelerate into the fast lane with invigorating blend of rubber, fuel, and asphalt propels you into a high-speed race-ready arena.
Blood : Prepare for intense brutal battles of combat. Immerse yourself in the bold and metallic essence, adding raw intensity of virtual horror.
Ocean : Inspired by the open seas. Let the refreshing breeze and saltwater transport you to pirate-infested waters or a day at the beach.
Sports Arena : Score big in the cheers and energy of the crowd, turning your gaming room into the ultimate stadium for victory celebrations.
Fresh Cut Grass : Immerse yourself in the invigorating essence of a sunlit lawn as you swing the golf clubs, or field.

also with

Clean Air : Manually neutralize all odors and leave behind a soft subtle scent to leave your area feeling refreshed.

So for Warframe LOAD "Gunfire + Explosion + Blood" once per MISSION and "Forest Fresh Cut Grass Ocean" once per year 😅

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pakaku said:

Wow, someone invented an AI fart box, what a world we live in

Such a beautiful world we live. I won't be able to travel in space but at least I can feel it. :|

However I think it's not new tech. I think when whole "3d cinema movies" were introduced, someone thought about scent stuffs

1 hour ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

wonder what the Helminth room smells like…

As it's nice tech, it's only one that I'm not interested in.

How does this actually work? Does it have a set amount of smells it can release?

Or does the AI try to make a guess at what the enviroment would smell like and combines compounds?

I wonder what The Void would smell like, I imagine it'd be minty.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

How does this actually work? Does it have a set amount of smells it can release?

Or does the AI try to make a guess at what the enviroment would smell like and combines compounds?

I wonder what The Void would smell like, I imagine it'd be minty.

It holds up to 6 scents that it can release, the scents are premade generic things.  It tries to guess what it should release based on what it sees (HDMI passthrough, assuming an unencrypted signal), or hears (audio passthrough).

Assuming that it can even make good guesses, you will need to have one slot filled with the "neutralizer" (which I doubt even works all that well), otherwise you're just going to end up with all the scents lingering at the same time and it'll be awful.

Even if it does work, it'll be awful as half the smells aren't things you're going to want to smell nearly as much as you're going to smell them.

11 minutes ago, (PSN)Lollybomb said:

Even if it does work, it'll be awful as half the smells aren't things you're going to want to smell nearly as much as you're going to smell them.

Yeah I imagine currently it's a meme, but maybe one day it'll have some unironic use that people might want to try.

But for the moment (if they haven't already done so) I can imagine implementing a "Blacklist" of smells so you don't end up with something putrid.

e.g. smell the rain and forest, while ignoring death and decay, giving you only the positives without the negative smells.

Though I imagine many people would probably enable the smell of Blood since that's probably not as bad as what else could be cooked up.

amazes me that some people are still trying to get "smell-O-vision" to be a thing: the easiest way to overload someone's senses, or make them leave, is through bad smells; nobody wants to be in a room where someone's farted, right?

I get the idea with the "gunfire" being more immersive for playing shooters etc, but I can smell real gunpowder anytime lol, why drink off-brand Soda when you can have Coke?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

amazes me that some people are still trying to get "smell-O-vision" to be a thing: the easiest way to overload someone's senses, or make them leave, is through bad smells; nobody wants to be in a room where someone's farted, right?

I get the idea with the "gunfire" being more immersive for playing shooters etc, but I can smell real gunpowder anytime lol, why drink off-brand Soda when you can have Coke?

To quote Death Battle

"Because it's cool, Wiz."

I think it's a gimmick but I also think VR is a gimmick so there'll probably be a market for it.

18 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

To quote Death Battle

"Because it's cool, Wiz."

I think it's a gimmick but I also think VR is a gimmick so there'll probably be a market for it.

I'm not really a huge VR guy, but at least VR has some mechanical foundation that lets it straddle the line between gimmick and interesting.

Calling this "smell-o-vision but for games" a gimmick is kind of an insult to gimmicks imo.

16 hours ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

xpfy1p0.jpg

>be me

>buy one of these

>load up warframe 

>point camera straight up while using yareli

>activate device

mmmm...... 

16 hours ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

xpfy1p0.jpg

If you use one of these while playing saryn then press 1 and 4 the miasma leaks into the real world, killing you and everyone in your house