Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ร—

Permanent Bunny Ears!* ๐Ÿ‡

13 hours ago, CrownOfShadows said:

Immersion might be a joke to some people but I will legit leave if things get out of hand, or only play solo.

You might laugh at that, but it's about the fate of the game. Pull a fortnight and I'm gone.

Well it's not a joke to me but... Wait you think it hasn't gotten out of hand yet?

• Like 1

My opinion is they should have waited to release these until there is an option to hide holiday aestethics. And I dont mind people using them during the holidays, I did so myself at times. For me it is more that things eventually loose their charm when present 24/7.

I love the smell and comfort a christmash tree brings to a home, but if it was there 24/7 all year around it'd just be "that #*!%ing tree in the corner" and the smell and comfort otherwise associated with the holiday would loose all of its magic.

Maybe this is the first step towards nude frames, cos we atleast have the Playboy ears now.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, RPColten said:

At what point does the games visual identity become lost in a cloud of glitter and dollar-store stickers?

Apparently, right now. Since Warframe is now going the way of some Korean MMOs where everything goes as long as the micro-transactions money flow, I'm sure by the end of 2025 we will be discussing if putting a Playboy Bunny costume on Wisp is perhaps a bit much.

But we all knew it's coming, sooner or later Rebecca had to take a massive L, nobody is perfect and you can't only take Ws all the time - sure, shame it drops the heritage of 11 years of carefully curated and quite unique Warframe's art-style down the drain, but look at the bright side, it's better than Reb catching an L while, say, reworking something like damage system and making Warframe unplayable in the process.

At least the game is still fun to play, even if you will have to always be solo now, to avoid looking at the furry fashion-frame of others.

It's also quite funny to me how she later in the stream tried to hype Liger's artwork on protoframes, when you know players will just slap bunny ears on Arthur and Aoi 100%, giving us memes of Warframe NPCs talking about "serious stuff" to a Protoframe with bunny ears and what not - for the first time I will be laughing at Warframe's expense instead of with it, but I guess as long as the money are good, Reb is fine with that. :P

• Like 5

20 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

Hopefully this is the year for inner tubes

I have one amazing theme I made that uses the innertube, I am sad every time they remove it because my water theme looks great !

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Emwue said:

shame it drops the heritage of 11 years of carefully curated and quite unique Warframe's art-style down the drain

The candy cane scythe skin has been permanent for each and every one of those 11 years, lol.

• Like 6

22 hours ago, Xzorn said:

ย 

I was joking. Immersion left this game a long time ago (Pink Rhino with Faerie Wings). I could care less.
I play Gara's blowing a Kiss stance for my Nezha just to keep the joke alive.

Part of me misses the little egg crates though that they stopped doing.

Thinking of it, DE should probably add a toggle "replace ally fashionframe" that just makes you see everyone but yourself with default skins, helmets, colors, no attachments, no ephemeras.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Xaero said:

Thinking of it, DE should probably add a toggle "replace ally fashionframe" that just makes you see everyone but yourself with default skins, helmets, colors, no attachments, no ephemeras.

ย 

Fashion Frame is End-Game. Would never happen.

Besides the break in immersion isn't just players with silly fashion. The game itself has broken it's own immersion.
This game used to be a Dark Sci-fi shooter and now it feels more korean MMO. Just needs the inflatable dinosaur suit and clown hammer.

If you want a pinnacle example look no further than Zephyr Deluxe.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Waeleto said:

awwwww i hope my pink grendel with wings, flowers and soon bunny ears doesn't break your immersionย 

puss in boots cat eyes GIF

It works both ways lmao. You have the right to be ugly or as unfittingly bad as you want, just don't start waffling when people call you out on it lmao

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Xzorn said:

This game used to be a Dark Sci-fi shooter and now it feels more korean MMO.

I'm curious about when you think the change happened.

And which "Korean MMO" you think it resembles.

And why you apparently think the game is no longer sci-fi.

Or a shooter.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Corvid said:

I'm curious about when you think the change happened.

And which "Korean MMO" you think it resembles.

And why you apparently think the game is no longer sci-fi.

Or a shooter.

ย 

I don't think I could place a time on the change. It was gradual. DE likes to have their fun but sometimes it makes it into the game. I remember watching the Grendel preview and when they went ball form I just rolled my eyes. Like really guys? Characters are real hit and miss too. I want to throw Ordis out an air lock.

I was taking a jab at Lost Ark. Immersion armor sets then some guy on a hover board in a dinosaur costume rolls up.

The game is still Sci-fi obviously. It's just more bright fantasy anime sci-fi now.
Even DE acknowledged the game isn't Dark Sci-fi anymore. It was one of their main promotions to Harrow's quest. Rap Tap Tap.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kaiga said:

It works both ways lmao. You have the right to be ugly or as unfittingly bad as you want, just don't start waffling when people call you out on it lmao

Good thing fashion is subjective and good thing you don't have to pay attention to other people's fashion in mission, especially when it's something as small as bunny ears

Tbh it's so unreal that you'd stop whatever you're doing mid mission to complain about how someone else's fashion looksย 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Waeleto said:

Tbh it's so unreal that you'd stop whatever you're doing mid mission to complain about how someone else's fashion looksย 

That's strange, I never said anything about doing this in-game or stopping mid mission. Where did that come from? Personal experience?

Instead of projecting about the bad experiences you seem to have had, perhaps look inwards and ask yourself why you feel this way at all? Since, as you said, it's all subjective, and you're just as free to ignore the opinions of others as they are to give them?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Waeleto said:

...especially when it's something as small as bunny ears...

The existence of this thread, and the clear division in how it has been responded to, does not support the idea that the bunny ears are "small" nor the broader topic involving them.

• Like 5

Players colour choices and other cosmetics (like the wings) already "spoil the immersion" if "immersion" means having a realistic look to Warframes.ย  So since wings aren't seasonal, then the bunny ears (and for the love of GOD can we keep the moustaches!?!ย  not only are they cool and barely noticable anyway, but they are for a purpose like the pink ribbon stuff that stays)ย  aren't really adding/detracting from the "immersion" any more than a pink grendel or neon green frame with wings are.

You're always going to have some players with a tasteful style and some who look like a kid playing dressups, even without the wings and other fanciful attachments.

vor 9 Stunden schrieb CoffeeElemental:

Unique visual style of this game is being pushed out of the window for quite some time already with cosmetics like this. I just wonder what's next, clown makeup maybe?

Tell me you haven't seen Ronald McDonald Operator without telling me you haven't seen Ronald McDonald Operator.ย 

• Like 7

I think y'all missing the point.ย 

Ever since DE Rebย Shang Tsunged/Soul Stealed DE Steve's life force and took over theย Zaibatsu, she has been funnelling resources and wealth into integrating Final Fantasy, Nier Automata and Baldur's Gate 3 into Warframe. In 10 years time, those games will no longer exist and instead all be folded into the ever growing, ever expending media giant and entity known as Warframe. The bunny ears are just the first step into eventually getting a Viera Warframe, a tall brown dummy thicc bunny in a dark metal dark fantasy gothic maid style Warframe waifu the likes to make other waifu Warframes like Wisp, Atlas, Protea, and Nezha mains blush. Thats not where it ends... we'll be getting pale white haired vampire Warframes, huge red demon woman warrior Warframes...ย Lalafell Warframes!!ย 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, MetalMechabolic said:

*looks closely at OP*

Hey, quit following me XIV!ย  I took a break for a reason!:surprised:

*Yoshi P laughing somewhere in the distance noises*

"I GIVE U ONE WEEK!"ย 

(Points if you got the reference feom pax) xD

10 hours ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

I don't care that it stays as long as we get a bikini lotus skin during dog days, it's very important for the summer aesthetic.

Reb says no.

Just like she said NO to dying the blood on halloween xD

I really wish they let us have a toggle to simply remove all the visual noise including such attachments.

Whoever wants to keep it is free to it , but I would rather not.

Also ,

The fur still looks like crap in my opinion.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Xzorn said:

The game is still Sci-fi obviously. It's just more bright fantasy anime sci-fi now.
Even DE acknowledged the game isn't Dark Sci-fi anymore. It was one of their main promotions to Harrow's quest. Rap Tap Tap.

I'm not sure where you see a change from dark into brighter fantasy? If anything the game has gotten alot darker over time considering the twists and turns of the story. When you introduce and more or less confirm the presence of a cosmic horror entity you arent exactly turning up the brightness. Same when you add more and more Giger-esque aestethics aswell.

I guess we can call it brighter since Wally isnt shown as a squidface elder and instead just a creepy smiling "human". Which I guess is lucky for us aswell, since we wont be driven to madness the moment we lay eyes on him. So that is the plus, otherwise the game would kinda end when he first appears rap-tap-tapping and spreading himself in our orbiter.

Hey Kiddo

<player turns to look for Wally>

<text pops up on screen>

You've died from madness

ย 

• Like 1

'Warframes Curated Artstyle being ruined'

You guys make it sound like the bunny ears are an in-universe thing instead of a fun thing to let players just screw around with the customisation of the game.ย 

The Artstyle is still cyberpunk bio-mechanical weirdness. As seen by the Culverin enemies, and with the eldritch Void Enemies that are just the Infested but shinier.

Like you'd think people would complain more about Fibonachi and Bird 3, those are significantly more 'goofy' than an optional piece of accessories.ย 

• Like 6