Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×

Warrior's Rest is an absolutely awful augment.

Warrior's Rest, a new augment for specifically Excalibur Umbra, is an exilus mod that removes Umbra's ability to act as an ally when in operator form in turn for 15% ability strength. 
The issue is that for a whole mod slot you are removing a valuable tool (though to each their own) and giving the same amount of ability strength that several other mods give or give more of+. The biggest notable example would be Power Drift (also and exilus mod) which gives 15% ability strength and 30% chance to resist knockback which is immensely better than removing a tool.

The only two benefits I can see of the augment are for preference of having Umbra stay still and Umbra taking damage when active and causing survivability issues when re-entering him (at the cost of allowing him to fight and keep your operator alive).

The only way I would consider using this mod is if it gave at least 27-30% ability strength.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Venmere said:

though to each their own

That is the point though, some people will want it, others will not, hence why it is an augment so you can choose.

They aren't trying to make it be a BIS mod forcing people to pick it if they want the absolute highest ability strength count or something else if want the Exilus slot for something else.

Not everybody will min-max a certain way or even min-max at all so a mod like this can be an enticing tool for people to experiment with.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Venmere said:

The only way I would consider using this mod is if it gave at least 27-30% ability strength.

It was not made for you (or most players), but specifically for anyone who wants to disable his passive.

Probably would have been better design if they just added a toggle option, but that's not how DE does things (for reasons I will never understand).

• Like 6

It has been specifically made because Umbra's passive causes a bunch of bugs players have been complaining about. Pablo famously said it's not worth it to fix those bugs, and this augment is a quick and dirty band aid so people can play Umbra without those bugs (or so they stop pestering Pablo about it, depending on the level of cynisism you assume).

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Venmere said:

Warrior's Rest, a new augment for specifically Excalibur Umbra, is an exilus mod that removes Umbra's ability to act as an ally when in operator form in turn for 15% ability strength. 
The issue is that for a whole mod slot you are removing a valuable tool (though to each their own) and giving the same amount of ability strength that several other mods give or give more of+. The biggest notable example would be Power Drift (also and exilus mod) which gives 15% ability strength and 30% chance to resist knockback which is immensely better than removing a tool.

The only two benefits I can see of the augment are for preference of having Umbra stay still and Umbra taking damage when active and causing survivability issues when re-entering him (at the cost of allowing him to fight and keep your operator alive).

If you go into operator as Umbra it turns off all your Helminth abilities. This augment is there to disable that passive so that that doesn't happen.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, owendawgx said:

If you go into operator as Umbra it turns off all your Helminth abilities. This augment is there to disable that passive so that that doesn't happen.

It turns off every drain/on-timer ability, nott just Helminth, but RJ augment as well. Only Exalted Blade was fixed individually, and even that doesn't work reliably.

Funny thing is, they could use an easy solution that would allow them to avoid fixing each and every ability individually. Half of it was already in game until recently.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Venmere said:

DE isn't going to give you +30% ability strength in the exilus slot. Are you high or something?

so many ppl defending this? if you remove the ability for umbra to go on his own, the whole reason to play him over normal excal, then the trade off should be bigger or you just keep playing excal.

as stated in the OP 15% strength on other mods also give a secondary benefit as well, while this mod removes a tool, and its a powerfull tool at that, so powerful that an umbra on his own with the ai controlling him does the same thing as all spectre in the game do and its ignore fall off damage on all weapons, since its coded only players have it. meaning give umbra a kohm, or a strun, and its a sniper rifle thats stronger then snipers with no reload for the most part. this is super powerful. its generous enough the OP is asking for a 30% strength buff, i would ask for 50% min for turning off a end game defining feature

Edited by Madrox8
  • Like 1

On 2024-03-27 at 9:49 PM, Venmere said:

I have issues with this mod for a different reason. I can see people maybe wanting this over power drift if they aren't using prime sure footed. Umbra can get killed by himself and disables all channeled abilities as well as any ability buffs you may have gotten through yourself or teammates. They should have just addressed the issue that made people not want to use Umbra over normal excal, the buffs turning off.

On 2024-03-28 at 11:01 AM, Xaero said:

It turns off every drain/on-timer ability, nott just Helminth, but RJ augment as well. Only Exalted Blade was fixed individually, and even that doesn't work reliably.

Funny thing is, they could use an easy solution that would allow them to avoid fixing each and every ability individually. Half of it was already in game until recently.

This. I see a lot of talk about Warrior's Rest without people acknowledging this. IT's just really annoying. Still not using this augment but I wish they just fixed what the core issue was.

• Like 1

On 2024-03-29 at 5:01 AM, Hexerin said:

DE isn't going to give you +30% ability strength in the exilus slot. Are you high or something?

...Actually, I wouldn't be opposed to the idea if it was at 30% as an alternative to Intensify, or even just upgrading its rarity to Umbra in exchange for losing its exilus status.

My Excalibur is already pinching for mod slots, and it's not really feasible to give up anything for a 15% strength boost and QoL. Sure, I could repolarize the exilus slot and drop Prime Sure Footed, but that will require relying on Poise with a 40 second duration, or that one infested helminth ability that prevents 5 status procs that I can't remember.

The augment is just for if you don't like his passive. That's the only reason it exists. It's not meant to buff, the small amount of ability strength is just some compensation.

They've done this before with Nezha's Controlled Slide augment. It disables the extra slide speed from his passive for 15% ability strength.

On 2024-04-05 at 2:16 AM, TheForbiddenBacon said:

The augment is just for if you don't like his passive. That's the only reason it exists. It's not meant to buff, the small amount of ability strength is just some compensation.

They've done this before with Nezha's Controlled Slide augment. It disables the extra slide speed from his passive for 15% ability strength.

not really, his IA deactivate some helminth abilities so if you use one of them you are forced to use this augment and using normal excalibur like a guy said its not that cool because umbra has some better stats an a way better drip than normal excalibur, besides that, excalibur already need chromatic blade and furious javelin to make two of his abilities good so you just give three slots for some reason, if warrior's rest had better strength you could just gave up some mods for that

Edited by Z4D0

If there was any reason to use Excal in this day and age, I would definitely find turning that clunky passive off highly desirable. But taking a mod slot to do it? In this economy?

The exilus slot isn't even an option because Primed Sure Footed exists and is far more crucial. Umbra comes with 3 umbra polarities that would feel like a waste to replace even if his stats don't make Umbral Fiber a particularly worthwhile choice, and he also has a non-negotiable augment. So that leaves just 4 slots that aren't accounted for, and under such circumstances 15% strength doesn't quite cut is as an incentive to fix a problem that shouldn't be the player's responsibility to fix with their build.

Here's the issue, This augment was introduced as a way to play around the bug that makes umbra nearly unplayable and even if DE won't admit it we all know and they know as well that this is the case

So basically you're asking me to waste a mod slot to play without a bug instead of fixing the bug ? or instead of removing the USELESS sentience passive entirely ? 

Am 28.3.2024 um 04:13 schrieb Traumtulpe:

It has been specifically made because Umbra's passive causes a bunch of bugs players have been complaining about. Pablo famously said it's not worth it to fix those bugs, and this augment is a quick and dirty band aid so people can play Umbra without those bugs (or so they stop pestering Pablo about it, depending on the level of cynisism you assume).

This is the most correct answer, honestly. I reckon the relationship of Umbra player percentage, manpower required to fix the bug aka net positive isn't large enough to warrant so much effort invested. It's as you said, a band aid solution. 

• Like 1