Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×

I genuinely cannot understand Deep Archimedia sympathizers

41 минуту назад, Twisted_Wisdom сказал:

I don't understand the wanting to use only one loadout for everything but i can offer a perspective on the reason why i generally prefer solo game play.

Why you keep thinking that people who don't enjoy DA use only one loadout? I have a few dozens of loadouts I enjoy using. But I don't enjoy using EVERYTHING. Because quite a lot of equipment in warframe is total garbage.

Speaking of enjoying everything, do you enjoy every kind of food? Indian spicy street food made by people with unwashed hands? Korean cooked dog meat? Swedish surströmming? Oh? You don't like it? Why? You should totally enjoy it and eat it regularly! Doesn't matter if you're in mood for it or not - you've been given this food and you MUST like it!

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Tesla_Reloaded said:

Speaking of enjoying everything, do you enjoy every kind of food? Indian spicy street food made by people with unwashed hands? Korean cooked dog meat? Swedish surströmming? Oh? You don't like it? Why? You should totally enjoy it and eat it regularly! Doesn't matter if you're in mood for it or not - you've been given this food and you MUST like it!

I don't have to enjoy it but I ain't getting any dessert unless I eat it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tesla_Reloaded said:

Why you keep thinking that people who don't enjoy DA use only one loadout? I have a few dozens of loadouts I enjoy using. But I don't enjoy using EVERYTHING. Because quite a lot of equipment in warframe is total garbage.

I was answering someone else on their query, so your question would be better asked of them and what they said. The quote was a generalisation.
My answer was more on why i tend to prefer soloing warframe. :)
I do agree with you on diversity and and personal tastes.

3 hours ago, Drachnyn said:

Would you not rather go for 34 than get nothing at all?

My point for this weeks attempt of EDA was to try and get the Sumdali, So it had to be all or nothing.
Netracells have the same rewards, and i hate random loadouts so there is no need to do EDA.
Better drop rates in EDA aren't 'better' if hate doing the missions. Then they aren't worth it.

And now because i spent (wasted) 2 Pulses on EDA, i can't do as many Netracell this week (which is sad for this week).
The Pulses were wasted because I don't feel like spending hours in recruiting chat to get a group that may or may not be able to complete EDA.
Warframe player numbers have dropped, are dropping, so finding groups isn't always easy. Player population on Oceania server is kinda light - Asia/Oceania have a combined Chat.
And i heard too late that this week's EDA is nearly impossible (harder again) because of the Mirror Defense.
I didn't know it was going to take hours to group beforehand (and so save my Pulses) before finding this out.

The challenge for me doing EDA is to get any enjoyment from it.

I would rather EDA was level cap mission instead of a random loadout. I have never bothered with level cap. Never needed it.
That doesn't provide good content for players that can already do level cap though.

1 hour ago, Twisted_Wisdom said:

My point for this weeks attempt of EDA was to try and get the Sumdali, So it had to be all or nothing.
Netracells have the same rewards, and i hate random loadouts so there is no need to do EDA.
Better drop rates in EDA aren't 'better' if hate doing the missions. Then they aren't worth it.

And now because i spent (wasted) 2 Pulses on EDA, i can't do as many Netracell this week (which is sad for this week).
The Pulses were wasted because I don't feel like spending hours in recruiting chat to get a group that may or may not be able to complete EDA.
Warframe player numbers have dropped, are dropping, so finding groups isn't always easy. Player population on Oceania server is kinda light - Asia/Oceania have a combined Chat.
And i heard too late that this week's EDA is nearly impossible (harder again) because of the Mirror Defense.
I didn't know it was going to take hours to group beforehand (and so save my Pulses) before finding this out.

The challenge for me doing EDA is to get any enjoyment from it.

I would rather EDA was level cap mission instead of a random loadout. I have never bothered with level cap. Never needed it.
That doesn't provide good content for players that can already do level cap though.

You can complete part of the E/DA and get atleast 2 rewards , so you would already be on par with completing 2 netracells. 

I am not sure I get your logic of choosing not to do the mission if you are really concerned for losing the pulses .

• Like 2

10 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I am not sure I get your logic of choosing not to do the mission if you are really concerned for losing the pulses .

I hate doing EDA mission more than i dislike losing use of the pulses. I REALLY hate random loadouts. (and the time it takes to get a group also kills it).

Edited by Twisted_Wisdom
  • Like 5

I think the thing about EDA is that it's for a type of player that I either never will be or that I am thousands of hours from becoming. I have ~1000 hours in this game, maybe more idk. I do not have every frame and every weapon maxed out. I like playing with ~4-5 frames quite a lot, and there are a few others that I'd like to try to invest more into eventually but don't feel much need to. I haven't played those 4-5 frames and my dozen or so weapons so much that I'm bored of them.

That means that EDA is not for me. EDA is clearly designed for people who have played every "good" kit to death and need to be forced into something else, and rewarded for it.

And that's fine. Good for them. Perhaps I'll be there one day, I couldn't say. I doubt it, but it could be the case.

The issue is that many, many players are not that type of player. They've invested the majority of their ~100-~1000 hours, maybe even a few ~1000 hours, into building out optimized kits that they love to play. Sometimes they add a new kit.

For those players, EDA is painful. You have spent hundreds, thousands of hours building out kits to tackle the various mission types in whatever way, you've tried out a few builds for a subset of the frames, and some different weapons that you've forma'd up, etc. You want to enjoy that, you're not sick of it yet, you're not bored of that, it's what you have been working towards - and you want new challenges to see your frame tear the enemies down. If you're one of these players and you try to play EDA you're going to hate it, and likely end up trying to cheese it somehow. EDA is the opposite of what these players are looking for.

For me, it is not even an option - I simply run netracells every week five times. And that's okay, I don't even mind at this point.

I don't care if they keep EDA, remove it, change it, whatever - that game mode is just *not for me*. Someone else enjoys it and I'm happy for them.

What I am concerned with is whether DE understands all of this. I would really dislike it if the new way that DE decides to make the game harder is by breaking how people build their Warframe's, forcing them to play with RNG based loadouts instead. That would be a real shame, and I think a large amount of the player base would really dislike it.

Edited by insanitybit
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, insanitybit said:

That means that EDA is not for me. EDA is clearly designed for people who have played every "good" kit to death and need to be forced into something else, and rewarded for it.

And that's fine. Good for them. Perhaps I'll be there one day, I couldn't say. I doubt it, but it could be the case.

I don't care if they keep EDA, remove it, change it, whatever - that game mode is just *not for me*. Someone else enjoys it and I'm happy for them.

What I am concerned with is whether DE understands all of this. I would really dislike it if the new way that DE decides to make the game harder is by breaking how people build their Warframe's, forcing them to play with RNG based loadouts instead. That would be a real shame, and I think a large amount of the player base would really dislike it.

First off, you seem to be a level-headed guy/girl to just be happy for other players without suggesting insane demands like deleting the mode altogether. For that, I thank you.

Just to get to the point I'll give a shout-out to these absolute chads who cleared this weeks E/DA with me.

Spoiler

Warframe-Screenshot-2024-06-09-18-58-36-

I sort of blotted out some of their nicks but they are MR 20 (Lavos), 19 (Ivara) and 23 (Gauss), respectively. An atypical random group you will not dive headlong with gusto into one of the most demanding combinations of mods, variables and deviations on a full 37-point EDA bid.

Still, after a gruelling run and two Void Angels later (in which I was one of the Mortis-strike recipients), we got through it all despite the odds and just happily went our separate way after typing GG's all around. 

It is true most will hate this because it is "supposed" to be for more advanced players with a decent amount of WF doodads. But this group also tells it differently, I doubt they had a humongous arsenal and kitted everything to step on the plate and take a swing at it. Just that, for them, sometimes you just have to put your game face on and spit on E/DA to get what you want. And Oh boy! insanitybit is on point, we did have fun and a hell ton of experience to share.  Anecdotal, true, but E/DA is not all gray clouds and endless misery as most will paint it to be unless you give it a good try.

Spoiler

Warframe-Screenshot-2024-06-10-03-48-28-

On a different note, Transference Distortion still sucks as I died several times clicking the key, as a habit, trying to void sling, lockout or heal my WF as a deeply ingrained failsafe behaviour whenever I sense danger.  I dread losing the Operator tbh than a now 50% Abbreviated Ability personal modifier. I am stumped with any kind of suggestion though.

Edited by Alpha_Tango
corrections
  • Like 1

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Twisted_Wisdom:

I hate doing EDA mission more than i dislike losing use of the pulses. I REALLY hate random loadouts.

that's how it seems to be for most players. durivi was also heavily criticized when it was released.
but all the feedback was successfully ignored for years.

• Like 6

15 hours ago, Tesla_Reloaded said:

Sadly, they instantly assume you're a "Reventant Main with Torid Incarnon and nothing else". They refuse to understand that people like variety and have multiple loads for a lot of things. Yes, it may include Revenant with Torid Incarnon... Why not - the setup is effective at what it's supposed to be. But then again, there are also other setups too, which are just as effective, if not better.

15 hours ago, Tesla_Reloaded said:

In other words that's just masochism.

Yes, exactly. These people are exactly as you said - masochists. Suffering for the sake of suffering. Difficulty for the sake of difficulty. They don't play games for enjoyment or fun. They play for suffering. But I guess it comes with where/how they live, eh? After all... Some people have their lives "too easy", "too good"... So they need that suffering to come from somewhere. While most other people come to games to relax and escape the suffering that is reality, even if it at least for half an hour a day or something. But noooooo, the masochists will tell you that it's you who's wrong. And the game is supposed to be about suffering, not enjoyment! :D

15 hours ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

I don't have to enjoy it but I ain't getting any dessert unless I eat it.

From what I remember, the game has an 18+ rating. Or at least 16+ rating. At that age (and above), as a fully grown adult, you already can very much decide if you just go for the dessert just because you want some of it here and now - for your pleasure and enjoyment. You're not forced to eat something you don't enjoy "just to have dessert". Unless you're a preschooler child, still fully under control of your parents, that is... And I don't mean that as an insult here, but rather wondering if you're even allowed to play this game in the first place, if that's the case?

Either way... A very poor choice of example/equivalent. An adult person has a choice. Always. And most normal and sane adults do not like choice being taken away from them.

6 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

That is your personal preference , i guess you will be sticking to netracells so you dont lose it.

Netracells aren't an alternative. They are an extra on top. It's not an opinion, it's a fact. Netracells provide 5 rewards for 5 pulses. DA/EDA provides more for 2 pulses, while leaving 3 more pulses for 3 Netracell runs. It's not opinion, it's a fact. Nothing you say - and especially claiming it's "an opinion" - will change that it's a fact.

3 hours ago, Venus-Venera said:

that's how it seems to be for most players. durivi was also heavily criticized when it was released.
but all the feedback was successfully ignored for years.

I'm pretty sure DE doesn't even read these forums. It exists "just to be there", creating false expectations for people who write feedback that something might get changed (nothing will get changed though). Unless it's something OUTRIGHT BROKEN and there is a HUGE UPROAR that includes all those big streamers/youtubers... No changes are made based on feedback. DE does not seem to care. Not anymore, at least. Maybe before they did, but not anymore.

Edited by _Kit_Kat_Cat_
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, _Kit_Kat_Cat_ said:

Netracells aren't an alternative. They are an extra on top. It's not an opinion, it's a fact. Netracells provide 5 rewards for 5 pulses. DA/EDA provides more for 2 pulses, while leaving 3 more pulses for 3 Netracell runs. It's not opinion, it's a fact. Nothing you say - and especially claiming it's "an opinion" - will change that it's a fact.

I was more highlighting the fact that you don't lose the pulses if you can compete the mission even partially , clearly the one I quoted is not at all interested in EDA , and that's ok they can stick to netracells.

Having more  chances for rewards via EDA is indeed a fact , how important it is to actually get that reward is an opinion.

And we have been through this you crispy chocolate feline , i will ask why you need all those rewards outside of fomo or hoarding and you will run away without answering. I grow tired of your cat like behaviour where you want to open the door only cause its closed.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

And we have been through this you crispy chocolate feline , i will ask why you need all those rewards outside of fomo or hoarding and you will run away without answering. I grow tired of your cat like behaviour where you want to open the door only cause its closed.

That's literally none of your business why someone would need something. Because that's not what's being discussed.

Besides... You are the one bringing FOMO up. Not me. And I'm pretty sure the majority of normal and sane gamers these days will universally agree that developers playing on the FOMO of their player base is wrong. And that's literally what is happening here, with DA/EDA and weekly reward rotation system.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, _Kit_Kat_Cat_ said:

That's literally none of your business why someone would need something. Because that's not what's being discussed.

Besides... You are the one bringing FOMO up. Not me. And I'm pretty sure the majority of normal and sane gamers these days will universally agree that developers playing on the FOMO of their player base is wrong. And that's literally what is happening here, with DA/EDA and weekly reward rotation system.

And there we are again. and it is my business if you are asking changes to the game mode rewards as a justification, as i enjoy the game mode.

All games are based on FOMO , missing out on rewards , missing out on achievments , missing out on the high score , missing out on fashion , missing out on a story , missing out on some time with friends or just missing out on a p[lace you can be something different than what you are in real life ,  that makes players keep going.

You are the one repeatedly highlighting the need to gain all the rewards , you opened that door for discussion and now you cant walk through it, without accepting that its just your own personal issues and not a universal problem. You are free to be in denial of course and as is your usual pattern throw an insult and stop engaging for whatever time it takes for you to get over it.

So i ask again , what is your end objective with the rewards? give every frame multiple shards? but why ? you clearly enjoy using only a select few, what do you need the extra shards for?

Edited by 0_The_F00l
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

And there we are again. and it is my business if you are asking changes to the game mode rewards as a justification, as i enjoy the game mode.

No, it's none of your business. Because - again - it's not what's being discussed here. You have your reasons for playing this "mode", I have mine. You have your reasons to desire those rewards, I have mine. And my reasons are NONE of your business.

All games are based on FOMO , missing out on rewards , missing out on achievments , missing out on the high score , missing out on fashion , missing out on a story , missing out on some time with friends or just missing out on a p[lace you can be something different than what you are in real life ,  that makes players keep going.

Wrong.

You are the one repeatedly highlighting the need to gain all the rewards , you opened that door for discussion and now you cant walk through it, without accepting that its just your own personal issues and not a universal problem. You are free to be in denial of course and as is your usual pattern throw an insult and stop engaging for whatever time it takes for you to get over it.

It's a universal problem. For everyone. Because this mode literally spits on everything else what Warfarme is as a game: what it was all these years, what it is in literally every other part of it and what supposed to be - aka what people love it for. Which is HAVING A CHOICE ON HOW TO PLAY. This game mode takes away this choice entirely, without giving anything in return for it(like the Decree system of Duviri, which makes it bearable). All while locking those valuable rewards behind it WITHOUT offering an equal alternative of way of acquiring an equal amount of the same rewards without the bullS#&$.

If you don't see it as a problem - that's a you thing. You are special. Be proud of yourself. You are a minority. While everyone else will see it as a problem. Because it is a problem. Most people just prefer to not bother with the forum (exactly because DE clearly ignores feedback) and instead just work AROUND the problem, as we've already discussed many times - flex slot, carry runs, necramechs, on-call, leeching, etc. People play this S#&$ for the rewards and ONLY for the rewards. It's literally the whole point. Not for the process of playing. Because it's obnoxious, annoying and anti-Warframe design. If people liked this S#&$ - they wouldn't be finding all of these work-AROUNDS. But that's exactly what people do. And believe me... Pubs go exactly like that. Flex-slot Reventants/Wisps/Dantes, necramechs, on-call/specter spam, leeching, etc. Literally nobody except a few "special" people want to directly engage with the gear randomizer seriously - people find ways AROUND it instead. Because they don't like it.

All you're doing here is just creating conflict for the sake of conflict. Just to be "not like the rest". Disagreeing just for the sake of disagreeing. To feel "special" about yourself and assume some sort of pseudo "high ground" over "plebs". Exactly the behavior of a blind white-knight who believes that DE can do no wrong. And they clearly did a whole lot of wrong when they created DA/EDA - or rather the gear randomizer part of it in particular.

So i ask again , what is your end objective with the rewards? give every frame multiple shards? but why ? you clearly enjoy using only a select few, what do you need the extra shards for?

Like I said - that's none of your business.

And it's bold of you to assume that I "enjoy only using a select few". You're clearly just assume that everyone who's against the bullS#&$ RNG gear is a "reventant+torid main" and that's it. That's not the case. I and most other people have a large variety of setups, which all could be made even better with shards. Not one. MANY. Besides... Shards aren't the only thing there. But also the legendary arcanes. Which can be either used OR sold for platinum.

So yeah. You are clearly here just to troll, create conflict for the sake of conflict and assume a "high ground" because you're "different", "not like the rest". Just remember... "Different does not mean better". Just saying.

Edited by _Kit_Kat_Cat_
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, _Kit_Kat_Cat_ said:

No, it's none of your business. Because - again - it's not what's being discussed here. You have your reasons for playing this "mode", I have mine. You have your reasons to desire those rewards, I have mine. And my reasons are NONE of your business.

That's not how discussions work , when you say "its cause of the rewards" the least you can do is explain why you need those rewards , saying "its none of your business i just want it" is merely throwing a whiny tantrum. The rewards are at the end of the day a means to an end. So what exactly are you so adamant on trying to get every reward.

I have already explained why i am playing it , I like the challenge as well as the rewards of the game mode , the shards i have stockpiled so i can modify any upcoming frames , i have enough so far that i dont need to to worry about the next 5 frames. 

Wrong.

Rubbish,

It's a universal problem. For everyone. Because this mode literally spits on everything else what Warfarme is as a game: what it was all these years, what it is in literally every other part of it and what supposed to be - aka what people love it for. Which is HAVING A CHOICE ON HOW TO PLAY. This game mode takes away this choice entirely, without giving anything in return for it(like the Decree system of Duviri, which makes it bearable). All while locking those valuable rewards behind it WITHOUT offering an equal alternative of way of acquiring an equal amount of the same rewards without the bullS#&$.

If you don't see it as a problem - that's a you thing. You are special. Be proud of yourself. You are a minority. While everyone else will see it as a problem. Because it is a problem. Most people just prefer to not bother with the forum (exactly because DE clearly ignores feedback) and instead just work AROUND the problem, as we've already discussed many times - flex slot, carry runs, necramechs, on-call, leeching, etc. People play this S#&$ for the rewards and ONLY for the rewards. It's literally the whole point. Not for the process of playing. Because it's obnoxious, annoying and anti-Warframe design. If people liked this S#&$ - they wouldn't be finding all of these work-AROUNDS. But that's exactly what people do. And believe me... Pubs go exactly like that. Flex-slot Reventants/Wisps/Dantes, necramechs, on-call/specter spam, leeching, etc. Literally nobody except a few "special" people want to directly engage with the gear randomizer seriously - people find ways AROUND it instead. Because they don't like it.

All you're doing here is just creating conflict for the sake of conflict. Just to be "not like the rest". Disagreeing just for the sake of disagreeing. To feel "special" about yourself and assume some sort of pseudo "high ground" over "plebs". Exactly the behavior of a blind white-knight who believes that DE can do no wrong. And they clearly did a whole lot of wrong when they created DA/EDA - or rather the gear randomizer part of it in particular.

i don't see it as a problem so its already not universal , i suggest you get the definitions of facts , universal and opinion straight before engaging in a discussion. Also there are no numbers to put eitehr me or you in minority or majority.

Most of what you have said is just your opinion paired with some sort of projection that anyone that disagrees with you is a white knight , i dont agree with DE on many things , and i have made such opinions clear , so calling me a white knight ... maybe you need to look up the definition of white kngiht as well.

Besides , I am not sure why you think you are entitled to anything based on what has happened in the past , things change especially in a game as dynamic as warframe.

I already said that conflict is part and parcel of any discussion/debate . If you don't want conflict maybe public forums are not the ideal place a offline text file or diary may serve you better.

Like I said - that's none of your business.

And it's bold of you to assume that I "enjoy only using a select few". You're clearly just assume that everyone who's against the bullS#&$ RNG gear is a "reventant+torid main" and that's it. That's not the case. I and most other people have a large variety of setups, which all could be made even better with shards. Not one. MANY. Besides... Shards aren't the only thing there. But also the legendary arcanes. Which can be either used OR sold for platinum.

So yeah. You are clearly here just to troll, create conflict for the sake of conflict and assume a "high ground" because you're "different", "not like the rest". Just remember... "Different does not mean better". Just saying.

I recommend you speak for yourself , "most other people" too can speak for themselves if they are so inclined. I dont find it hard to believe a person that actively admits that he leeches might just want to get the arcanes and sell them. That is indeed a real possibility , thanks for sharing that tidbit.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I do believe that the EDA is a fun game mode

For what it's worth, to me EDA is kinda neutral on the fun scale. The rewards are very good, but I honestly wouldn't do it "just for the fun". I mean, I don't play it 2x per week (and I suspect neither do you), so obviously the gameplay itself isn't all that fun, is it now?

Yes there is a little bit of a puzzle element to it, "how can I make this random garbage work with as little effort as possible", and that's kinda fun, but then I still have to play with random garbage, and that's kinda unfun.

And the modifiers... I dunno man, having no abilities because either I'm drained of all energy, or my abilities are disabled, or my abilities last for slightly longer than the cast time is to begin with... not exactly fun. And yes I obviously go out of my way to avoid getting drained of energy, so it's not technically an issue.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Traumtulpe said:

For what it's worth, to me EDA is kinda neutral on the fun scale. The rewards are very good, but I honestly wouldn't do it "just for the fun". I mean, I don't play it 2x per week (and I suspect neither do you), so obviously the gameplay itself isn't all that fun, is it now?

Yes there is a little bit of a puzzle element to it, "how can I make this random garbage work with as little effort as possible", and that's kinda fun, but then I still have to play with random garbage, and that's kinda unfun.

And the modifiers... I dunno man, having no abilities because either I'm drained of all energy, or my abilities are disabled, or my abilities last for slightly longer than the cast time is to begin with... not exactly fun. And yes I obviously go out of my way to avoid getting drained of energy, so it's not technically an issue.

I do acknowledge that I don't replay it very often in a week (after completing it), but that's mostly cause I don't replay any puzzle a second time in a short duration , it's usually the first time that you get the satisfaction of clearing it , the second time has less of an impact.

If you are focusing on specific modifiers , then yes some are a bit more abrasive than others , so things can always be improved with minor tweaks . But making broad claims of "the whole thing needs to go cause everyone hates it" is a rather immature and biased opinion , wouldn't you agree?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 0_The_F00l said:

"the whole thing needs to go cause everyone hates it" is a rather immature and biased opinion , wouldn't you agree?

I guess that's why I didn't say it then? What needs to go though is forcing players to use random garbage instead of the gear they enjoy. Obviously.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

I guess that's why I didn't say it then? What needs to go though is forcing players to use random garbage instead of the gear they enjoy. Obviously.

My apologies if it came out as accusatory , just highlighting that there is a difference between make general statements and being specific.

3 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

Not possible in Warframe. If you are allowed to use what ever you want, however you want, then the only way to make "difficulty" is to make enemy stats unreasonably high. Otherwise it will be trivial with the best loadouts. If it is to challenge the best loadouts, then everyone will play the same thing and its still trivial. A randomizer is a good way to introduce difficulty, because it presents a problem for you to solve. You have an incredible arsenal of options even if your weapons and frames are chosen for you. It simply requires some crafting on your behalf, which is what difficult content in any decent game requires.