Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×

Disheartened after dante LOS changes?

Maybe this is just me but has anyone felt really disheartened to play since the dante LOS changes? I got dante and played my fair share of him, just for him to be literally torn to pieces. DE realized and put him back together with a glue stick. Now he functions like a geriatric man with critical heart problems whenever he casts his 4th ability. I never saw an issue with him. His limiting factor was the LOS check on dark verse, therefore I didn't think he warranted any changes. 

I feel disheartened to actually play now. I log on and look at my frames. I want to do some farming, and maybe some high-level stuff today! Saryn? No too boring. Rev? Same issue. Octavia? Nope. Gauss? Played him too much. Dante? YES! Yes, dante is super fu- wait. Right, now his 4 somehow makes me feel like a psych ward patient. Never mind... actually I think I'll go play X other game for a while...

Anyone else, or is this just a me thing?

• Like 15

1 minute ago, NemiTheNem said:

Did you look at any of the other topics in this sub forum?

Assuming you meant the general complaints about LOS and the community uproar, yes.

Doesn't mean they're discouraged from playing, just for dante. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shodian87 said:

He's actually still really good. You just have to work a tad harder for it.

You haven't played the new maps. I have too many clips of a TABLE blocking LOS in 180 degrees. Dante HIMSELF blocks the LOS sometimes. An ENEMY'S DEAD BODY ON THE FLOOR blocks LOS. A PEBBLE blocks LOS. 

Work harder? I have to go through a 10-year internship, 15 years of job shadowing, 10 years of college, and 600k in student debt to MAYBE hit enemies. :(

• Like 10

hace 2 horas, Pseudozz dijo:

Maybe this is just me but has anyone felt really disheartened to play since the dante LOS changes? I got dante and played my fair share of him, just for him to be literally torn to pieces. DE realized and put him back together with a glue stick. Now he functions like a geriatric man with critical heart problems whenever he casts his 4th ability. I never saw an issue with him. His limiting factor was the LOS check on dark verse, therefore I didn't think he warranted any changes. 

I feel disheartened to actually play now. I log on and look at my frames. I want to do some farming, and maybe some high-level stuff today! Saryn? No too boring. Rev? Same issue. Octavia? Nope. Gauss? Played him too much. Dante? YES! Yes, dante is super fu- wait. Right, now his 4 somehow makes me feel like a psych ward patient. Never mind... actually I think I'll go play X other game for a while...

Anyone else, or is this just a me thing?

You aren't alone :( It if wasnt for my clanmates, i wouldnt be here playing.

• Like 2

Yup. 

So much so that most to all of the clan agreed a hiatus was desired. Bout 50 members. Some allied some in opted to bugger off again rather then slog through. The hype is gone and so is any reason to stay. He was fun and good for a week. Now my abilities get turned off by dudes Nezha spears into ragdoll. No thanks. I'm here to enjoy my time, not be forced to suffer and do complex camera calculations just to hit crap. DE succeed is sucking the soul clean out of the renewed hype and little else. Well pop in on Sunday reset, pull out our boring Revs, easy clear the Archon hunt, collect our shard and prolly leave again. Mist of us have a decent pile of shards, but not a frame who's enjoyable enough to get em. So we just collect em, like boring inanimate Pokémon. 

- Pretty much all of us had our Dantes at 5 shards, then DE made us have to grind Bile to afford to remove em. 

• Like 7

I received Dante an hour after the update came out (I accelerated crafting for platinum).
After my first visit to the sanctuary, I knew it was love at first sight.
I inserted 5 Tau Archon fragments, spent a total of about 800 platinum on customization and several mods specifically for him.

And now it’s difficult for me to give a definite answer.
Am I disappointed in his nerf? Of course, it has become much worse than it was at the beginning.
Do I like him now? Also yes, I still enjoy playing it, although it's not as fun anymore.

Now I think that the main problem is not the content of the nerf, but the nerf itself. If Dante had originally been the way he is now, then people would simply perceive him as an ordinary, unremarkable frame, he would gradually occupy his niche and everyone would be happy.

But it's one thing for me, I got it for the platinum that I got while playing, I didn't lose anything and I don't regret anything, but there are people who bought it for real money, they were sold a really good frame, and after a week they made its not more than acceptable.

It is not right.

Edited by YuWhi
  • Like 6

On 2024-04-13 at 4:41 PM, Pseudozz said:

Now he functions like a geriatric man with critical heart problems whenever he casts his 4th ability. I never saw an issue with him. His limiting factor was the LOS check on dark verse, therefore I didn't think he warranted any changes. 

Actually, the problem is not LoS on Dark Verse, but LoS on Tragedy that had ruined Dante.

1 hour ago, Digital_Malz said:

Actually, the problem is not LoS on Dark Verse, but LoS on Tragedy that had ruined Dante.

They're not saying it is. They were saying that before the nerf, Dark Verse being limited by line of sight was enough of a limit without having to add it to Tragedy too.

But on Topic, yeah Jade is pretty much screwed at this point. The only folks who are going to buy her within the first two weeks of release are those with more money than sense. As long as this nerf remains it has now set a new precedent for new Warframes going forward. That being; You can't trust any previews or even the first few days of a Warframes release.

Edited by (PSN)MYKK678
  • Like 6

On 2024-04-13 at 4:07 PM, Pseudozz said:

Assuming you meant the general complaints about LOS and the community uproar, yes.

Doesn't mean they're discouraged from playing, just for dante. 

Oh don’t worry I’ve been discouraged for both lol.

• Like 5

I'm having a good enough time with Dante. The secret behind it is I just don't use Tragedy anymore, unless the rare golden opportunity presents itself and there's a dense group of enemies before me in an open space. Most other times the ability just feels like a waste of time to even try. So while I still think the LoS check should be removed even if it comes at a cost of range nerf, the birds and overguard are good enough reasons for me to use him.

hace 54 minutos, vFlitz dijo:

I'm having a good enough time with Dante. The secret behind it is I just don't use Tragedy anymore, unless the rare golden opportunity presents itself and there's a dense group of enemies before me in an open space. Most other times the ability just feels like a waste of time to even try. So while I still think the LoS check should be removed even if it comes at a cost of range nerf, the birds and overguard are good enough reasons for me to use him.

So, you are playing a reskin of [put your favorite weapon platform here]. Fair enough

Edited by Gaxxian
  • Like 4

dante nerf reminds me of those videos where one breaks the phone of another person and gives them a different phone as prank like they just broke his knees and gave him a wheelchair instead
no one asked or complained abt how "strong" he was its actually crazy how he got nerfed for being too much hyped (literally just got released that week)
he's getting LOS checked twice (first weapons/abilities then tragedy)

I uninstalled the game like lol. Are you really telling me it took 3months to release a "new" gamemode which is basically just randomized loadout vs bullet sponges that onetap with no new rewards at all, 8 augments and a warframe which was pretty fun to use and directly got nerfed?? is that what we waited 3months for 

• Like 9

The last time I felt super excited and in love with the game was back when I first started playing when the Planes of Eidolon released. Since then, my love and interest in the game has declined, and even though it waxes and wanes, I think as time continues, I feel less and less interested in the game and the new frames they add. That was until Dante was released. I instantly purchased his pack, and within the first few minutes of leveling him up, I felt my love for the game ignite again, especially due to loving casters. I was having genuine fun for the first time since I started playing.

Now, after all the nerfs, I've actually felt very depressed with the game. I could go back and play my old mains like Ember or Saryn or try to master a frame like Gauss that I haven't played much. But I just don't feel the desire to do that nor to log in for more than a few minutes. I lament the brief moments of happiness I felt with Dante when he was released and just log back off. I felt deeply invigorated with the Dante release, and to have a lot of that taken away has left a permanent scar and a well-learned lesson about Digital Extremes and tying any ounce of my happiness and fun to them. I used to support them without hesitance and now that's changed forever. 

Edited by Threa
  • Like 7

On 2024-04-15 at 4:00 PM, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

The only folks who are going to buy her within the first two weeks of release are those with more money than sense

I would fit under this category. As ive been an open wallet to DE for a long time. 

I wont be buying jade and instead farm her. Which to me is unthinkable. 

The same will go for protea prime.

Im that mad over dantes bait and switch.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, -ShadowRadiance- said:

I would fit under this category. As ive been an open wallet to DE for a long time. 

I wont be buying jade and instead farm her. Which to me is unthinkable. 

The same will go for protea prime.

Im that mad over dantes bait and switch.

Then you wouldn't fit into that category then, because you have enough sense to know better due to the recent events.

• Like 1

On 2024-04-18 at 11:12 AM, Shodian87 said:

Seems a little silly to get that mad over a game that didn't do that at all.

DE releases new frame. It's pretty good, and super fun.

DE sees this.

DE nerfs frame.

Frame is now just meh, a large portion of people find it not fun anymore.

Then people like yourself think this is ok? They spent their money on something that, in some people's eyes, has been almost ruined. Where did you gather the ignorance to think this is ok? I'd like to go there too, matter of fact. 

Sheep who will follow a company to the end. Jesus. 

It's like buying a pair of wire cutters just to find out they can't cut wire. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Pseudozz said:

DE releases new frame. It's pretty good, and super fun.

DE sees this.

DE nerfs frame.

Frame is now just meh, a large portion of people find it not fun anymore.

Then people like yourself think this is ok? They spent their money on something that, in some people's eyes, has been almost ruined. Where did you gather the ignorance to think this is ok? I'd like to go there too, matter of fact. 

Sheep who will follow a company to the end. Jesus. 

It's like buying a pair of wire cutters just to find out they can't cut wire. 

Frame was really really good. Now frame is still really good. You just have to play it a little more skillfully. To say he's ruined is a huge over statement.

1 hour ago, Shodian87 said:

Frame was really really good. Now frame is still really good. You just have to play it a little more skillfully. To say he's ruined is a huge over statement.

He didn't say ruined, he said almost ruined, which in many players eyes is actually true. I also don't see how it's more skill, it's just more annoying and frustrating. I played him a lot the first week, haven't felt the urge to touch him much since.

• Like 6