Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We all know from previous streams that smeeta is getting a nerf. We can all guess why, but I have a counter solution. Make spare parts better than it is, it has potential. It can be equipped on all sentinels that has more specialized function than charm, making charm the jack of all trades between adarza and sentinels. It would provide much better balance and keep players happy when farming. 

Honestly I almost never see Smeetas out in the wild. It's always something like a Diriga ("Give me free casts now"), a Nautilus ("Group therapy time"), or a Hound ("everything in this tileset needs more Viral than a cruise ship in 2020").

I'm somewhat skeptical that Smeeta even needs a nerf considering the feared Smeeta Apocalypse has yet to materialize. 

• Like 1

With the pet's rework I also feel like the smeeta has gone out of favor. I only ever use it on profit taker or if I want more void traces from fissures (I on average don't run her on fissures).

I currently classify pets by what they do Diriga (immortality,free energy, free casting, CC, priming), Nautilus (grouping, priming), Hellios (Armor strip), Oxylus (plant scanner), Wyrm, (buggy cleanse, sometimes nullifier protection), Djinn (potential immortality), Hounds (grouping, priming, CC, armor strip), Smeeta (more loot, crit buff from bond mod), Kobrows (I don't use, but they have their potential uses), Adarza kavat (crit buff and more crit buff with bond mod), Predasites (I can't really find a decent use for them. They probably need a buff). Moas (grouping, cc/damage, autohacking (not very reliable)), Panzer Vulpaphyla (mini priming)

Smeeta doesn't have much going for it currently. If it gets a big nerf, if will probably follow the vasca kavat into obscurity.

At this point, the expected nerf seems unwarranted.

Edited by VENDOMINUS

7 minutes ago, VENDOMINUS said:

Diriga (immortality,free energy, free casting, CC, priming), Nautilus (grouping, priming), Hellios (Armor strip), Oxylus (plant scanner), Wyrm, (buggy cleanse, sometimes nullifier protection), Djinn (potential immortality), Hounds (grouping, priming, CC), Smeeta (more loot, crit buff from bond mod), Kobrows (I don't use, but they have their potential uses), Adarza kavat (crit buff and more crit buff with bond mod), Predasites (I can't really find a decent use for them. They probably need a buff). Moas (grouping, cc/damage, autohacking (not very reliable))

You missed Dethcube, Shade and Carrier from Sentinels (and Taxon), as well as all Vulpaphallas (guess Helminth Charger goes into Kubrows).

Only use for Smeeta atm is as a Kuvat (but considering there are so many other sources of Kuva that do not involve Kuva survival, even that is scarce) and maybe in new maps/hubs for initial resource boost.

Edited by Zakkhar

I'm just hoping DE actually makes some of the really strange and borderline useless Precepts actually matter. Smeeta is already a nice all-rounder with its buffs and having the loot nerfed really isn't that big of a deal to me. Especially if that means everyone else becomes more useful.

Stuff like making Oxylus not just a weirdly niche Sentinel would be nice, I'd love to have a Sentinel that focuses on increasing your survivability through extra Health or Armor for instance. Give me some more supportive Sentinels like Taxon. 

• Like 1

vor einer Stunde schrieb Eudicosgoodlittlesparky:

We all know from previous streams that smeeta is getting a nerf. We can all guess why, but I have a counter solution. Make spare parts better than it is, it has potential. It can be equipped on all sentinels that has more specialized function than charm, making charm the jack of all trades between adarza and sentinels. It would provide much better balance and keep players happy when farming. 

actually not necessary. because I prefer more dmg. Verglas weapon is extremely good and even kills SP enemies very quickly and does it non stop.

and I haven't played with Smeeta for ages. Buffs are only good on paper and I don't feel like playing the lottery. I like consistent results.

p.s.: this ridiculous ruination of this follower has nothing to do with balance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VENDOMINUS said:

With the pet's rework I also feel like the smeeta has gone out of favor

I don't agreee, after the rework it's still in the same usecases for me, if I am leveling anything, if I am running relics I ALWAYS use it because when the stars align I can get near enough void traces to upgrade a single relic in one run, same with steelpath it is a MUST USE because acolytes drop 2 which is sometimes 4 sometimes 8 steel essences it's too good not to use in those circumstances, no to mention it just randomly poops out argon crystals when you happen to be farming for them.

Imo they need to make charm universal and give the smeeta a new niche, maybe new buffs, like overguard for itself and master or the nerfed unbuffed roar that is in helminth (none stacking with roar) or something...

Edited by _Anise_
  • Like 1

Gerade eben schrieb _Anise_:

I don't agreee, if I am running relics I ALWAYS use it because when the stars align I can get near enough void traces to upgrade a single relic in one run, same with steelpath it is a MUST USE because acolytes drop 2 which is sometimes 4 sometimes 8 steel essences it's too good not to use in those 2 circumstances, no to mention it just randomly poops out argon crystals when you happen to be farming for them.

Imo they need to make charm universal and give the smeeta a new niche, maybe it makes new random buffs, like overguard or a nerfed unbuffed roar or something...

Oh well. and what do the statistics say?
I have a single buff stack about every 3-4 hours. and all this for afk pet? Every sentinel makes more sense and that's exactly what results in many more kills. therefore the mission is over much quicker.

39 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

I have a single buff stack about every 3-4 hours

I see the buff all the time, its rare that I see it stack more than once but I do sometimes, I also run duration,

also unsure if you are just being hyperbolic for effect? (or have horrific rng) the times you say aren't realistic.

The average time for a specific buff to occur is given by the formula

m b = 6 ∗ t Proc Chance {\displaystyle m_{b}={\frac {6*t}{\text{Proc Chance}}}}

where mb is the average wait time and t is the cooldown indicated on the mod. So the mb for a Rank 3 Charm is:

6 * 27/0.28 = 578.5714s

This means that for one specific buff to occur with a max rank mod, the average time to wait is therefore a bit longer than 9 and a half minutes.

-warframe wiki, should be seeing it on average every 10 minutes.

39 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

Every sentinel makes more sense and that's exactly what results in many more kills

agree sentinels deal more damage because in part they went and made a gun that was basically a copy of one players can get and let you stick it on sentinels / moa, though my cat easily armor strip which is a lot more useful than simply killing stuff but to be completely honest I have no issues with killing stuff myself and wonder if companions aid actually contributes to mission times at all

1 hour ago, Venus-Venera said:

Verglas weapon is extremely good and even kills SP enemies

I agree, I have like 7 forma in mine and an OP riven but one thing I can't do with it is build it for crit to activate tenacious bond :(

Edited by _Anise_

vor 34 Minuten schrieb _Anise_:

I see the buff all the time, its rare that I see it stack more than once but I do sometimes, I also run duration,

also unsure if you are just being hyperbolic for effect? (or have horrific rng) the times you say aren't realistic.

-warframe wiki, should be seeing it on average every 10 minutes.

agree sentinels deal more damage because in part they went and made a gun that was basically a copy of one players can get and let you stick it on sentinels / moa, though my cat easily armor strip which is a lot more useful than simply killing stuff but to be completely honest I have no issues with killing stuff myself and wonder if companions aid actually contributes to mission times at all

I agree, I have like 7 forma in mine and an OP riven but one thing I can't do with it is build it for crit to activate tenacious bond :(

I can't trust wiki. There were too many cases where the information was incorrect. Like back then with Deimos: there BPS for weapons had 0% drop chance for weeks/months but according to the wiki everything was fine.

and I'm talking about these lotto several buff stacks that are really convincing. My experience is based on playing a few years ago. and it didn't really convince me at the time because it just happens too rarely. Maybe something has changed in the meantime.

And we can't leave important variables out of play: the company wants us to log in every day. But content is not there. That's why SE drops were ruined back then and SP dailies were introduced instead. drops for certain mats are manipulated on the server side, etc.

but if smeeta works for you, that's good. 👍

15 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

but if smeeta works for you, that's good.

thanks 😉 though my main point not really being how often the buff worked or not, but that when it did work the effect (in my opinion) was way too good for me not to run Smeeta for some purposes.

Edited by _Anise_

1 hour ago, Venus-Venera said:

Oh well. and what do the statistics say?
I have a single buff stack about every 3-4 hours. and all this for afk pet? Every sentinel makes more sense and that's exactly what results in many more kills. therefore the mission is over much quicker.

You don't need any statistics to acknowledge once every 3-4 hours is wrong. Occasionally I do a 1hr sp survival and smeeta is extremely helpful and sometimes doubles my overall steel essence earned.

To be more on topic, the only issue with smeeta is allowing drop booster charm to stack. If that is nerfed, I would be sad but understanding.

Edited by Joylesstuna
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Joylesstuna said:

sometimes doubles my overall steel essence earned.

the whole reason why steel essence vanish after 5 minutes now was to stop people waiting on charm to happen before they would run around collecting the essence😅 

• Like 1

vor 1 Minute schrieb (PSN)robotwars7:

if Dante's tweaks were anything to go by, no matter what DE does to Smeeta, people are gonna twist their panties. personally all I care about is Kubrows (hopefully) becoming viable companions for the first time ever. 

maybe in 2034?
because devs only fixed sentinel survival after 10 years. Although there have been complaints from every corner the whole time since the beginning.
and how many topics about afk pets were there?....

You can still keep Smeeta relevant with a nerf by eliminating the ability for it to stack pickup Charms on itself, and change the pickup Charm to only affect Affinity. This keeps the main attraction of the ability very compelling for Affinity farming, while toning down Credits and resource creep. The sad reality we've had for years is where players have wildly different reward efficiencies because of which players got multiplicative stacks of boosters over others. Removing this situation makes content way easier to balance from past to future. Smeeta being unchanged is likely the reason so many times we see new resources added where they are unaffected by boosters.

• Like 1

Honestly if they nerf Smeeta without really approaching why people like to run the Resources Doubling Pet in a Resource Gathering game, well I'd say I would he surprised but the weeks proceeding showed that they can be absolutely Tone Deaf.

All I know is, if there's a game where a weapon can cost 30k of a resource that's you can only get 100 at a time interval of 1 minute and they decide to nerf the thing that can double resources. I'd assume that they're a predatory gatcha game. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Voltage said:

You can still keep Smeeta relevant with a nerf by eliminating the ability for it to stack pickup Charms on itself, and change the pickup Charm to only affect Affinity. This keeps the main attraction of the ability very compelling for Affinity farming, while toning down Credits and resource creep. The sad reality we've had for years is where players have wildly different reward efficiencies because of which players got multiplicative stacks of boosters over others. Removing this situation makes content way easier to balance from past to future. Smeeta being unchanged is likely the reason so many times we see new resources added where they are unaffected by boosters.

I mentioned years ago. Well before Shmeeta that they should remove meta farming frame skills.

DE considers people using these for new resources so it only really hurts players who don't use them.

No one wins in these situations.

vor 13 Minuten schrieb Xzorn:

I mentioned years ago. Well before Shmeeta that they should remove meta farming frame skills.

DE considers people using these for new resources so it only really hurts players who don't use them.

No one wins in these situations.

you mean something like nekros?
But that doesn't work with new rare resources. the same goes for smeeta. Boosters don't help either.

and what resources are involved in loot warframes / smeeta? arbitration? SE? because you hardly need that much.

1 minute ago, Venus-Venera said:

you mean something like nekros?
But that doesn't work with new rare resources. the same goes for smeeta. Boosters don't help either.

and what resources are involved in loot warframes / smeeta? arbitration? SE? because you hardly need that much.

This was a long time ago. Before DE started moving resources to build things out of enemy drops.

They probably wouldn't have had to do those workarounds and enemies could still drop cool stuff.

When I came back I of course used Nekros for Diemos/Zaramin and I use Shmeeta for Void Fissure/Netracells (Lanthorns) to Buy Yota's Pinions and free kuva.
Oh I used Shmeeta for Voruna also on the Demolists.

4 hours ago, (PSN)rexis12 said:

Honestly if they nerf Smeeta without really approaching why people like to run the Resources Doubling Pet in a Resource Gathering game, well I'd say I would he surprised but the weeks proceeding showed that they can be absolutely Tone Deaf.

All I know is, if there's a game where a weapon can cost 30k of a resource that's you can only get 100 at a time interval of 1 minute and they decide to nerf the thing that can double resources. I'd assume that they're a predatory gatcha game. 

Pretty much this. Charm's resource buff is a solution to a problem the devs created.

If they want to remove the solution. They also have to remove the problem it's solving or they'll be deliberately making the game worse. What's more, this problem is felt vastly more on new players. Which has two significant issues.

The obvious one being, new player retention will go down. This is very bad for DE.

And the second one is that it's directly contradicting something DE said. That they want to reduce the grind of the early game. If they make it worse by nerfing charm without ether lowering the cost or upping the gain of, well, absolutely everything affected by it, then that would make their earlier statement a lie, and harm their reputation with longstanding players as well.

• Like 3

I have actually been using many other pets since the rework , 

I specifically pair the smeeta with my nekros when I want to so some resource farms.

But between the kavats , I think the adarza and vasca would still need something to be more worthwhile.

My smeeta dies every time I do any steel path endurance stuff or eidolons or anything that has AOE. Honestly I don’t even notice her at this point and I almost never revive her. She’s nice to have, I like that she runs around. 

Since she dies so much I probably won’t notice too much any buffs or changes. I’m going to keep using her because it’s the only pet I’ve forma’d and I don’t want to switch her out.