Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Protea Prime is coming, are you hyped? :D Overview vid with useful info & review of the frame incase you don't have her yet

helioth137

So, really late here, 2.a.m, but i was happy to hear the news that Protea is releasing on the 1st of may, so I made a Video with useful info about her, 
getting her, and preparing for & profitting from ,her release :) 

Hope you enjoy, Tenno, and perhaps share some of your fav things about her & fav memories e.t.c ? 

I am very excited for her. I only play with prime frames but I still dabbled a bit with her since she was given away plus know one of her abilities all too well due to helminth. Used her during the period when null star was able to hit the highest KPS in the game (still baffles me that Dante and Nezha augment got nerfed faster than that). The things I am most excited for: Aura forma! Coming with universal polarity means no need to aura forma her out of the gate. And a nice passive to boot, combined with Arcane Steadfast can lead to some ridiculous ability spam shenanigans since you have dispensary.

1 hour ago, Zahnny said:

Waiting for Sans Prime who I assume will be after Protea.

Hide contents

I'm meaning Xaku if you're wondering.

Looking at release dates of the original frames that would seem like the best option especially considering Tennocon release and Xaku has been one of the more popular frames from around that time-frame so showing it off at the yearly event makes the most sense. But it would mean they'd have to "break" the male-male-female-female prime release order and put a NB in between two females where I think it would make more thematic sense to put it between a male-female pairing.

• Like 1

The model in the teasers looks really bad. I'll probably be reverting to the Tenno model, or possibly giving the deluxe skin another chance (it has broken color channels).

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Zahnny said:

Waiting for Sans Prime who I assume will be after Protea.

Hide contents

I'm meaning Xaku if you're wondering.

I'm way more excited for Xaku than Protea. I really just want to see what they do with with xaku prime skin. I want to like protea, her kit has enough to work with, it's unique and interesting but the play style just doesn't click with me I guess. 

4 hours ago, Numerounius said:

I am very excited for her. I only play with prime frames but I still dabbled a bit with her since she was given away plus know one of her abilities all too well due to helminth.

I never understood this. If I find a frame I like I'm going to play it. Primed is pretty much just a new skin since the stat increase doesn't really matter a lot of the time. The plat/forma investment into a nonprime frame is minimal as well. Like waiting 3-4 years to save some forma and a small chunk of plat doesn't make sense to me. 

I like theory crafting and testing newly released frames is some of the most fun I have in this game. I get a shiny new toy every 3 months and I try to break it.

Khora was my most used frame before she was primed. By the time she was primed I was already bored with her and Wisp became my most used. By the time Wisp Prime was released Xaku moved their way to top 3 most used. Now I'm on a big Citrine kick, she's quickly climbing up the ranks. Gyre is going to get some more playtime here soon too.

I'm just curious what motivates people to wait years on a prime before they give a frame a chance. Idk, doesn't really matter either way, we all get to choose how we have fun in this game. 

• Like 2

I've never been much of a fan of Protea, honestly. She feels underwhelming compared to frames like Gauss, Kullervo and Dante both from a Damage and Survivability perspective. 

I'm gonna get her and the new weapons to add to my collection. But for the most part she's just mastery fodder.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

I've never been much of a fan of Protea, honestly. She feels underwhelming compared to frames like Gauss, Kullervo and Dante both from a Damage and Survivability perspective. 

I'm gonna get her and the new weapons to add to my collection. But for the most part she's just mastery fodder.

That's kind of harsh but you are 100% with it. I love Protea but she isn't on my warframe rotation to be used. Zephyr, Gauss, Banshee, Kullervo, Chroma, "Gara" now take those spots. 

3 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

I'm just curious what motivates people to wait years on a prime before they give a frame a chance. Idk, doesn't really matter either way, we all get to choose how we have fun in this game. 

I always make it a habit to try out the newest frame and see if I can make a build that is viable for Steel Path endurance missions. If they perform well and are fun to play I'll usually add them to my roster that find frequent use. Gauss was one of my most used Warframes until he was forever retired after his Prime version was released. Kullervo and Dante are the more recent frames I now use on a regular basis. I tend to only stop using a normal variant of a frame around 3 to 6 months before their prime version is released. That way they can feel somewhat fresh if I haven't played them in a while. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Berzerkules said:
10 hours ago, Numerounius said:

I never understood this. If I find a frame I like I'm going to play it. Primed is pretty much just a new skin since the stat increase doesn't really matter a lot of the time. The plat/forma investment into a nonprime frame is minimal as well. Like waiting 3-4 years to save some forma and a small chunk of plat doesn't make sense to me. 

I like theory crafting and testing newly released frames is some of the most fun I have in this game. I get a shiny new toy every 3 months and I try to break it.

Khora was my most used frame before she was primed. By the time she was primed I was already bored with her and Wisp became my most used. By the time Wisp Prime was released Xaku moved their way to top 3 most used. Now I'm on a big Citrine kick, she's quickly climbing up the ranks. Gyre is going to get some more playtime here soon too.

Different people have different playstyles.

-There is a high amount of prime frames. Its not like I am missing out by not using regular frames. I still have about a dozen prime frames left that have zero forma on it.  So its not like I'm missing out on theorycrafting, still plenty of prime frames and playstyles to hop around on.

-No need to worry about re-forma/slots/adapters etc. for prime frames. It feels like a waste if I spent all that time dialing in a regular frame and then having to just repeat it on a prime frame again. It just doesn't make the frame feel fresh to me again even if I had all that investment ready to go again.

1 hour ago, -ShadowRadiance- said:

Only excited to see which stealth nerf ala Dante they are gona drop either with her release or 5 days after. When ppl have purchased enough packs.

Not excited at all. De has killed it for the next few months.

They didn't nerf Gauss after his prime was released. I know DE have a bad rep with overdoing the nerfs, but let's not blow things out of proportion.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, -ShadowRadiance- said:

Only excited to see which stealth nerf ala Dante they are gona drop

Dante's nerfs were the exact opposite of a stealth nerf. They were widely broadcast on video and intricately explained in patch notes

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

Protea deluxe ftw

The Prime model will need to be extremely well designed for it to surpass the deluxe !

yep, i prefer the deluxe instantly, at first i bought the collection because of the throwing weapon skin, but now i actually started playing her and i don't regret it (:

i'm looking forward to seeing any new augments or minor reworks of her abilities.
(not that she really needs it, but you know, we often get a minor rebalance on launch)

1 hour ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

They didn't nerf Gauss after his prime was released. I know DE have a bad rep with overdoing the nerfs, but let's not blow things out of proportion.

oh damn, i'm stunned, have to entirely agree with you on that one. 

--

I for one am excited about protea prime, I don't like the model as perhaps stated in the video, but the deluxe is nice & tennogen tends to be cool too. 
I hope they launch her with an augment and perhaps some slight changes here and there. 

In the video i showed the artillery can nuke an entire squad of 215 heavy gunners in a few seconds, that's supremely powerful, like, incarnon + riven + meta warframe setup, 
and the thing is, i had 115% power strength, +100% from her passive, and the temporal anchor augment, that's it! :O 
didn't even fire a single shot, just let the turrets do the work. If that's not powerful, idk what is.

She's quite tactical and midway between a nuke frame, a camping frame and a supportive buffer :D 
I just love her time warp + the big explosions you can get with it :D 

15 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

I'm just curious what motivates people to wait years on a prime before they give a frame a chance.

it may also have to do with investment. some people are hesitant to put forma into a the basic frame, knowing they'll get primed later on.

as for the topic:

- I love Protea's kit, not too keen on her Prime appearance, but I have her Deluxe Skin so will probably just run that.

- Velox Prime will be nice, high RoF machine pistols are always fun, especially if the prime has a much bigger magazine.

- Okina Prime is an interesting second weapon choice I didn't originally expect to see until maybe Kullervo Prime, while I like the weapon itself, I know I'm not gonna like the farm (needing two handles and two blades, both of which will likely be uncommon/rare parts).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AzureTerra said:

i barely play the non prime so i doubt the prime is going to be much interest

fair enough, not every frame can be attractive to every person (: 

6 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

it may also have to do with investment. some people are hesitant to put forma into a the basic frame, knowing they'll get primed later on.

as for the topic:

- I love Protea's kit, not too keen on her Prime appearance, but I have her Deluxe Skin so will probably just run that.

- Velox Prime will be nice, high RoF machine pistols are always fun, especially if the prime has a much bigger magazine.

- Okina Prime is an interesting second weapon choice I didn't originally expect to see until maybe Kullervo Prime, while I like the weapon itself, I know I'm not gonna like the farm (needing two handles and two blades, both of which will likely be uncommon/rare parts).

we think much alike! 
as for okina prime weapon farm... i saw yesterday that you can buy 25 relics per week from Teshin, hadn't put 2 and 2 together until now to save steel essence for primed release and do that ;o 
I did get some cheap Rivens for her various weapons before the news went public though :o 
(Reb's news leak kind of flew under the radar at first)

This Tenno is super hyped. One of my favorite frames. (not hyped at all for Velox and Okina tho, I pumped 5 forma and a great riven into the Velox and it still sucked, I don't think I need to say anything about the state of dual daggers)

I've been loving my Erosion Anchor build in particular, especially in the Circuit where missions are more conducive to that style, but she's a great frame with a regular build too.

Farming her is probably the biggest memory I have with her, omg, so painful, and I was doing it when groups were everywhere on release, I can't imagine the pain new players go through farming her. Granum Void PTSD - took me way longer than I care to admit to figure out how to use the Xoris properly. I also have a lot of memories of running her in the Tyl Regor sortie assassinate mission for some reason - I always took her because her turrets will shoot the invisible guys that spawn.

She's probably in my top 5 frame list, but the competition is tough these days, we have a lot of great frames.

I don't know if I'll have the heart to one day delete my OG Protea, I'll probably hold onto her forever just like I have my OG Baruuk, but the prime will be awesome.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CrownOfShadows said:

This Tenno is super hyped. One of my favorite frames. (not hyped at all for Velox and Okina tho, I pumped 5 forma and a great riven into the Velox and it still sucked, I don't think I need to say anything about the state of dual daggers)

I've been loving my Erosion Anchor build in particular, especially in the Circuit where missions are more conducive to that style, but she's a great frame with a regular build too.

Farming her is probably the biggest memory I have with her, omg, so painful, and I was doing it when groups were everywhere on release, I can't imagine the pain new players go through farming her. Granum Void PTSD - took me way longer than I care to admit to figure out how to use the Xoris properly. I also have a lot of memories of running her in the Tyl Regor sortie assassinate mission for some reason - I always took her because her turrets will shoot the invisible guys that spawn.

She's probably in my top 5 frame list, but the competition is tough these days, we have a lot of great frames.

I don't know if I'll have the heart to one day delete my OG Protea, I'll probably hold onto her forever just like I have my OG Baruuk, but the prime will be awesome.

Great reply, glad you also enjoy her (:

She's just so tactical and fun, I love the Time Warp skill & they dynamics it opens up, how cool is it that it resets energy, shields, health, (ammo?) (skill cooldowns??) 
It's also really fun to see the big explosions on temporal anchor ( i refer to it as time warp :P), after you armour strip + gather a group, wreck havoc :O 
All in All, i love the direction they're heading in with giving all frames viable niches, and not simply having a linear "this is best" ... although saryn and dante and so on come a bit too close to that for my liking honestly :P Makes it especially cool when you see a frame you hadn't thought of do crazy meta breaking things once in a while, such as lavos running aqua blades with insane damage + status proccs per second! only strengthend through valence formation now

I have to admit, kullervo, protea and certain other frames, after just asking around a little how bad is their grind, I skipped them with the platinum I earned.  
Kullervo i did end up grinding for his subsume, it was quite a grind, but as I was going for all the incarnon adapter resources anyway, it was on my to do list. 

I find it weird how certain frames, take dante for instance, are soooo easy and fast to grind, and others are really a bit too tough and random. 
Equinox springs to mind from wayyy back in the day xD 
Circuit now offers a nice alternative way to grind parts too, but, perhaps they can re-evaluate how hard certain frames are to get. 

I find it a shame the new disruption mode offers nothing, after you have the 2 weapons, sim. key, & dante, 
would have loved it to be similar to Tyana Pass where you can get arcanes and the weapon parts are tradeable for plat. 

Protea is easily in my top 3 frames, and when Protea Prime released I was expecting her to become my favorite.  I was very eager for her to come out.

However, then Dante released, and since then I haven't wanted to play any other frame.  Dante just feels so good to me.  And I'm surprised that I'm actually significantly less excited for Protea.  I almost don't even care.  Which is weird, but it's genuinely how I feel.

I'm sure the day will come when I want to mix it up a bit, and I'll be excited to play Protea Prime when that day comes.  But Dante has stolen my heart.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2024-04-29 at 4:59 AM, James_Moon said:

Can't wait for protea prime, she realeases the day I celebrate my birthday. She is also the main warframe i play since she released! I'm so excited.

Happy Belated Birthday James (: 

I made this build & thought people might really like it too so I made a vid about it (: 

What are some of your fav builds/ subsumes? (: