Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Velox Prime...

Hexerin

I liked when DE went through the phase of making Prime Weapons behave different to their original, or have a new addition rather than just being purely stat based.

Though...given the existance of Incarnons that's also a downside if it adds an Alt Fire mode.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zahnny said:

Though...given the existance of Incarnons that's also a downside if it adds an Alt Fire mode.

then they can change how incarnons are activated....its not like we are limited to JUST alt fire only...zoom + alt fire or aim glide + alt fire or double jump + aim glide + alt fire (oh NOOOO ...something we already do with exodia contagion, except no alt fire lol)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

In the immortal words of SpongeBob SquarePants...

"Well what's wrong with it?"

Velox ... Velox Prime

RoF: 15 ... 17

Mag: 62 ... 70

CritD: 1.8 ... 2.0

Damage: 24 ... 27 (more impact, less puncture, still almost 50% slash)

Everything else the same unless I missed something from the stream or there is more to it that wasn't shown.  Anyway, looks about the same progression as the majority of primes, especially when the base weapon is solid.  (Which Velox is for its MR, even if it's not remotely meta.)  If you like using  Velox already and don't have a riven, and don't think status chance is irrelevant, it'll be a decent upgrade to The Velox Experience

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Dead on arrival mastery fodder, makes me sad.

Remember when Kuva weapons were the new hotness, being generally a cut above primed weapons? And then came Incarnon weapons, blowing even Kuva weapons out of the water by a huge margin. Why would you ever go and invest into a mediocre single target prime pistol with 0.5 Riven disposition these days?

• Like 2

Too bad its Riven disposition is going to be 1/5. I have fun Riven on my Velox;

+75% CD

+113% Multishot

+64% Fire rate

I had to slap Creeping Bullseye with +200CC and -20% Fire rate or aiming becomes unbearable.

• Like 1

vor 10 Stunden schrieb Hexerin:

Dead on arrival mastery fodder, makes me sad.

almost like all weapons. I have pimped most of the ranged weapons with 4-5 formas, arcane and exi slot. So there is a lot of useless garbage that no one needs.
I remember when I got angstrum without incarnon in sp circuit. I almost had a heart attack after laughing. 18 max ammo and ridiculous mele damage, for which you also have to aim very well.

Instead of comedy films I would rather watch dev streams where they play with "cool" standard builds with the 80-90% garbage weapons in SP circuit!

Some prime weapons are just marginally better than the regular ones. Velox prime wont make players use it unless you already like Velox.

If you consider rivens, using the regular weapon is just better in some cases

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PSN)lhbuch said:

Some prime weapons are just marginally better than the regular ones. Velox prime wont make players use it unless you already like Velox.

If you consider rivens, using the regular weapon is just better in some cases

Personally I'd consider it more than marginally better  Enough so that it should be better than the base weapon even with a riven in a cycle or two. 

Barring some hidden gimmick, I imagine a lot of people will be disappointed it didn't get better crit upgrades though.  Or are comparing it to Incarnon weapons and/or AoE, which is a hopeless contest for most ST primes in most situations.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Velox ... Velox Prime

RoF: 15 ... 17

Mag: 62 ... 70

CritD: 1.8 ... 2.0

Damage: 24 ... 27 (more impact, less puncture, still almost 50% slash)

pfft. I remember a time before we had weapons with 30% or more status chance. anything above 20% was considered god-tier back then.. oh, how we've been spoiled ever since..

also counterpoint to nay-sayers:... machine pistols go BRRRRT, which makes brain happy, so lack of meta stats is irrelevant IMO, we are allowed to just enjoy guns for how they behave too you know..

• Like 3