The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenet Glaxion is promising

Posted (edited)

I don't care about this weapon potential damage output as I finally see a good AoE primary primer that could be worth using over a secondary. As the only ones we have/I can name on the top of my head is Cedo, Bubonico, Vermisplicer, Mutalist Cernos. Both Cedo and Bubonico requires you to switch then click the alt-fire button which feels awful to me. There is nothing really much wrong with Vermisplicer and Mutalist Cernos but they definitely can't compare to most secondaries and the upcoming Tenet Glaxion. 

I will outright say that tenet glaxion might be the best primer as it is going to be a chained beam with an augment that will have a chance of dropping energy orbs on kills or assist. Also with a magnetic or impact progenitor you can make use of primary obstruct or exhilarate respectfully. With primary obstruct you can get some additional form off cc and with exhilarate you can have a constant 3.6 energy every second with a chance of an energy orb on every kill with augment equipped. Don't know how the augment will actually work because I know for similar things you can slightly damage enemy with that weapon and finish then with another and it will count.

Edited by Crequao
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Crequao said:

that will have a chance of dropping energy orbs on kills or assist

That's sounds like the most boring things to do. I wouldn't bother if it were just random mod. But give proper augment.

• Like 2

vor 30 Minuten schrieb Crequao:

I don't care about this weapon potential damage output as I finally see a good AoE primary primer that could be worth using over a secondary. As the only ones we have/I can name on the top of my head is Cedo, Bubonico, Vermisplicer, Mutalist Cernos. Both Cedo and Bubonico requires you to switch then click the alt-fire button which feels awful to me. There is nothing really much wrong with Vermisplicer and Mutalist Cernos but they definitely can't compare to most secondaries and the upcoming Tenet Glaxion. 

I will outright say that tenet glaxion might be the best primer as it is going to be a chained beam with an augment that will have a chance of dropping energy orbs on kills or assist. Also with a magnetic or impact progenitor you can make use of primary obstruct or exhilarate respectfully. With primary obstruct you can get some additional form off cc and with exhilarate you can have a constant 3.6 energy every second with a chance of an energy orb on every kill with augment equipped. Don't know how the augment will actually work because I know for similar things you can slightly damage enemy with that weapon and finish then with another and it will count.

not convincing at all. it looks like typical mastery fodder... something different must be happening here. Because certain secondary weapons are still much better than primary weapons. and mele tops almost everything at the moment. Since then, it's about unique build.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, quxier said:

That's sounds like the most boring things to do. I wouldn't bother if it were just random mod. But give proper augment.

I slightly agree as it when I think about it won’t help me with my energy problem in cascade which was the whole reason I was hype about it but with exhilarate and that augment it maybe could be good enough to replace most energy sources but I would need to do some testing. I think xata invocation might still be the best but I feel like it slow down gameplay a bit while glaxion im going use it as a primer as well so it provides two uses vs one.

1 hour ago, PublikDomain said:

It's a bit disappointing that DE's answers to every beam weapon seems to be "just give it a chain!" but eh.

True, i think they should explore the "The longer you hold the Trigger, the more damage it does" gimmick more, give players reasons to add Magazine mods to their Beam weapons, maybe also add a heat bar to them to show how much damage they have ramped up, faster reloading or starting to shoot again just after to keep the heat and bonus damage up.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

It's a bit disappointing that DE's answers to every beam weapon seems to be "just give it a chain!" but eh.

They do lack creativity when it comes to beam weapons.

At least they prefer chaining over whatever the hell they did with primary Gaze.

As for Tenet Glaxion, there's not many weapons with innate Cold and this one has a progenitor element on top. Theoretically, we should be able to mod it for Magnetic (progenitor), Corrosive (mods), Radiation (Irradiated Reload), Viral (Nourish), Slash (Hunter Munitions), and Cold (innate). Paired with Primary Frostbite and Galvanized Aptitude it should be able to easily clear rooms of lvl 200+ enemies from any faction.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

They do lack creativity when it comes to beam weapons.

Come to think of it, the Glaxion Vandal is also a "just make the single target weapon AoE" weapon. Eh. I'm a Sobek guy anyways.

11 minutes ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

As for Tenet Glaxion, there's not many weapons with innate Cold and this one has a progenitor element on top. Theoretically, we should be able to mod it for Magnetic (progenitor), Corrosive (mods), Radiation (Irradiated Reload), Viral (Nourish), Slash (Hunter Munitions), and Cold (innate). Paired with Primary Frostbite and Galvanized Aptitude it should be able to easily clear rooms of lvl 200+ enemies from any faction.

Oh I'm sure it'll be effective, just... 🤷‍♀️

2 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

Oh I'm sure it'll be effective, just... 

They really dropped the ball by not giving us Tenet Opticor with some absolutely massive beam of death.

I need my Godzilla in a gun.

On Fire GIF by Xbox

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Waeleto said:

The augment is pretty disappointing tbh

At DEs office.

"What do we do for the augment?"

"Just copy a mod and change it slightly"

"Copy?? Ehh which one"

"That one. You know. New pet -bond- mod that clones your pet as you spend 100 energy and make kills the clone does drop energy orbs. The tenno be complaining aboit emergy economy as always.

Lets give them a new shiny."

• Like 2

vor einer Stunde schrieb Pakaku:

Ew, more bland chain-beam guns

I'll stick to my Glaxion Vandal

Most people will do that too. because many have maxed the weapon. And the differences aren't that big. and maybe there's incarnon for that too. So primary fire is only used for charge anyway

9 hours ago, Crequao said:
9 hours ago, quxier said:

I slightly agree as it when I think about it won’t help me with my energy problem in cascade which was the whole reason I was hype about it but with exhilarate and that augment it maybe could be good enough to replace most energy sources but I would need to do some testing. I think xata invocation might still be the best but I feel like it slow down gameplay a bit while glaxion im going use it as a primer as well so it provides two uses vs one.

It's not that it won't help energy issues (need testing). That's not my issue. My issue is why this is not just normal mod. And give Glaxion proper mod that changes how it function. I don't know, give it 3 beams instead of 1, make ring instead of beam. SOMETHING DIFFERENT.

5 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:
7 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

True, i think they should explore the "The longer you hold the Trigger, the more damage it does" gimmick more, give players reasons to add Magazine mods to their Beam weapons, maybe also add a heat bar to them to show how much damage they have ramped up, faster reloading or starting to shoot again just after to keep the heat and bonus damage up.

Yeah, Oh nooes' incarnon form is pretty interesting.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

If the tenet glaxion does not have a secondary fire, it will be another weapon that will be easily forgotten, just like the tenet flux rifle.

I've honestly never been a fan of Glaxion. I was expecting something like tenet amprex or tenet opticor or penta.

Edited by Vaml77

5 hours ago, -ShadowRadiance- said:

At DEs office.

"What do we do for the augment?"

"Just copy a mod and change it slightly"

"Copy?? Ehh which one"

"That one. You know. New pet -bond- mod that clones your pet as you spend 100 energy and make kills the clone does drop energy orbs. The tenno be complaining aboit emergy economy as always.

Lets give them a new shiny."

That is true but companions now have so many mods you want to slot in to a point it is hard to put it in and there is a chance you need to run a different utility companion over dethcube so having the same thing but having it able to be equip on a different part of the loadout is nice. I will 100% understand your complaint if it was another primary weapon that does this.

vor 9 Minuten schrieb Vaml77:

If the tenet glaxion does not have a secondary fire, it will be another weapon that will be easily forgotten, just like the tenet flux rifle.

I've honestly never been a fan of Glaxion. I was expecting something like tenet amprex or tenet opticor or penta.

actually a good weapon because there is enough ammo. Unfortunately the damage is terrible. then I can also use ranged mele and spam heavy attack. The damage is then even greater?
So absolutely lousy balance at the moment. if it at least had a very high headshot crit multi...

One thing I'm wondering is the following.

Tenet Glaxion will have innate cold (go me captain obvious!), but what will happen if we get toxin as the proginator stat? Will that permanently make the gun deal Viral, or will that still only count as another mod? I cant remember how it works on the other tenet weapons with innate elements and single proginator element ontop of it. My assumption is it will be cold+toxin combing into viral until we start adding mods. So corrosive+viral+heat wont be possible for instance.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

They really dropped the ball by not giving us Tenet Opticor with some absolutely massive beam of death.

I need my Godzilla in a gun.

On Fire GIF by Xbox

As much as I would love Tenet Opticor, I really want a Lich Sniper Rifle :(

• Like 1