Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helminth System For Warframe Passives

i think it would really be useful to have a Helminth segment to change warframe passives. Some of the older frames' passive is a bit dated..Frost ,Chroma  and so on

if DE would give us some passives to override the current one. like we can do with abilities. I think a lot of frames might get a new Breath of air.

• Like 5

Just now, Reeperr13 said:

i think it would really be useful to have a Helminth segment to change warframe passives. Some of the older frames' passive is a bit dated..Frost ,Chroma  and so on

if DE would give us some passives to override the current one. like we can do with abilities. I think a lot of frames might get a new Breath of air.

Bruh!

I would immediately put Chroma's passive on EVERYTHING. That double bullet jump is soooo good and addicting.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, C11H22O1 said:

That's a terrible idea, it's better to revisit passives that aren't that good instead of this

this. if something like Protea's passive (+100% strength on every 4th ability cast) was available for every frame.. that would be just a tad too much IMO. 

I'd rather DE actually look at passives and why they aren't good, and then find ways to fix them. sadly this is a lot more effort than just offering an augment that disables a passive with an arbitrary increase to something...

• Like 5

vor 14 Minuten schrieb Reeperr13:

good idea. more options are always better.
Because there will never be balance in the game. So at least more variety

Give Warframes other Warframe's Passives? Nah

Give Warframes passives that are exclusive to Helminth like we have with abilities like Golden Instinct? I'd be down. A nice alternative to giving up Exilus Slots.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, TeaHands said:

Give Warframes other Warframe's Passives? Nah

Give Warframes passives that are exclusive to Helminth like we have with abilities like Golden Instinct? I'd be down. A nice alternative to giving up Exilus Slots.

Hmm , this I think is more reasonable.

• Like 1

Yes please, if anything to really entice players into being stuck in ever-narrower build variety as they mix and match until they find the optimum combinations for no particular reason other than to keep up with the joneses

The only way I could see this happening is treating the passive as part of your one replaceable ability slot. if you replace your passive, you'd use up your spot for replacing any of your 1,2,3,4 abilities.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Pakaku said:

The only way I could see this happening is treating the passive as part of your one replaceable ability slot. if you replace your passive, you'd use up your spot for replacing any of your 1,2,3,4 abilities.

Your terms are acceptable.

• Like 3

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Pakaku:

It doesn't make any sense because passives are often absolute rubbish that no one needs and many people don't even find out what passives are in there. Because in the game you don't notice anything about it.

and there are far too many useful passives like citrine, wukong etc. but even here I can't imagine any seriously important situation where something like that is really useful. Because we almost always play in a group. and it doesn't matter at all. especially when "difficult" content is as random as lab weekly or sp circuit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Venus-Venera said:

It doesn't make any sense because passives are often absolute rubbish that no one needs and many people don't even find out what passives are in there. Because in the game you don't notice anything about it.

and there are far too many useful passives like citrine, wukong etc. but even here I can't imagine any seriously important situation where something like that is really useful. Because we almost always play in a group. and it doesn't matter at all. especially when "difficult" content is as random as lab weekly or sp circuit.

Yareli's +200%CC on Peacemaker with the augment.

Lets Go Reaction GIF by Mason Ramsey

Yeah let's make all abilities and passive subsumable and turn every warframe modular, and instead of making new frame DE can just release new abilities and skins and make your arsenal into one giant primordial soup.

vor 11 Minuten schrieb RichardKam:

Yeah let's make all abilities and passive subsumable and turn every warframe modular, and instead of making new frame DE can just release new abilities and skins and make your arsenal into one giant primordial soup.

It can't be any other way because most warframes and weapons are absolutely lousy.
or how many trash or "mastery fodder" weapons are there in the game? would have to be much more than 90%.

The Helminth system is already garbage in the sense that it was created for the sole purpose of DE being too lazy to balance everything - so they just gave us the option to just replace useless abilities by something else if we're not happy. Needless to say those useless abilities will, consequently, never be updated.

So no, do not expand that garbage. Rework the boring passives and that's it.

1 hour ago, Venus-Venera said:

Passives aren't meant to stand out, and there are too many passives that are too powerful as you've pointed out.

Helminth also isn't an excuse to start making Warframes 100% modular, so the limitation would be the only way I can see it ever happening. If your passive is that good, you're not going to put another passive over it. If you're going to put a "good" passive over a "bad" one, then giving up the ability to subsume other abilities at the same time is a fair trade-off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slayer-. said:

Atlas passive, you wouldn't need PSF and would shut the whiners up. lol

A good number of mods and abilities/passives are comparable to each other anyways, so this honestly wouldn't even be that bad

1 hour ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:
1 hour ago, C11H22O1 said:

That's a terrible idea, it's better to revisit passives that aren't that good instead of this

this. if something like Protea's passive (+100% strength on every 4th ability cast) was available for every frame.. that would be just a tad too much IMO. 

It would be probably only +50%, and that's not so much "too much".

1 hour ago, C11H22O1 said:

1 hour ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

I'd rather DE actually look at passives and why they aren't good, and then find ways to fix them. sadly this is a lot more effort than just offering an augment that disables a passive with an arbitrary increase to something...

And what is good? I'm not looking at some very old passives that are bad AND outdated. I'm looking at newish passives that are... "meh" at most:

- Styanax' crit chance boost on shield

- Dagat 35% chance for 3x hp/energy on orb pickup

- Caliban 50% damage reduction with inferior, afair, version of Adaptation.

1 hour ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Ah yes , let me just put wisps passive on Zephyr. Nothing wrong at all.

Yeah, nothing wrong with that.

1 hour ago, TeaHands said:

I would rather them rework loot system than add stuff like "let me show you loot for X second" or "1.25 more loot" kind of horrible stuff.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

Yareli's +200%CC on Peacemaker with the augment.

So, +50% final Crit chance. Good but not game breaking.

52 minutes ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

You must be fun at parties.

And saying that +50% cc is fun is... what?

40 minutes ago, RichardKam said:

It would be great... if done right. Seriously, looking at some frames to just use like 1/2 or 1/3 of kit is horrible design. No more "manage timer" abilities. No more weak/useless abilities.

3 minutes ago, Pakaku said:
1 hour ago, Venus-Venera said:

Passives aren't meant to stand out, and there are too many passives that are too powerful as you've pointed out.

Passives SHOULD define frame. It should be something you can rely on (e.g. Wisp & jumping invisibility) and be good&useful in all cases (e.g. Caliban's passive is horrible, it's not great on its own AND it's removed with Adaptation).

6 minutes ago, Pakaku said:

Helminth also isn't an excuse to start making Warframes 100% modular, so the limitation would be the only way I can see it ever happening. If your passive is that good, you're not going to put another passive over it. If you're going to put a "good" passive over a "bad" one, then giving up the ability to subsume other abilities at the same time is a fair trade-off.

Passive =/= ability. You shouldn't make frame more passive (aka afk). Passive should be changed for passive.

vor 1 Minute schrieb Pakaku:

I never said they were powerful. they could be useful
for certain warframes and for certain content. and not more. And they only seem good because other passive abilities are very bad. So it's about contrast when comparing.

and it's obvious that devs almost don't care about balance at all. and just look at user statistics and just ruin popular things. so that new content can be sold.
So this “imba” situation will always exist. It definitely won't get any worse. Only then will players simply have more tools to play with and perhaps be more motivated to farm all Warframes and copy their passive abilities. which is also urgently needed for something like sp circuit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, C11H22O1 said:

I agree, it is a terrible idea

Still would love to have Limbo’s passive on Garuda

One can dream