The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loyal player badge

Posted (edited)

Does anyone else think there should be a badge which you get for maybe playing the game for 5 years or 10 years
I've been on this game since 2014 on my ps4 account which is crazy to me but i think we should maybe get something on our profile to show off or dedication to being a space ninja for this amount of time bc all I have to show for it atm is my vast info to helping Freshies aka new players wrap there head around the game which is cool and all but it would just be nice 

LmpwZw

Edited by Not.Blue
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

Players already get rewarded for playing over a long duration: your login bonuses steadily increase every single day you login.

It kind of looks like a way to implement a stamp of elitism in all honesty.

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

Heh, my spouse once said something that I'll never forget because of just how true it tends to be: "Everybody wants to be better than somebody."  And I get why, especially when our society is in many ways designed to neg us into being obedient consumers.  So I try not to judge anyone for having an urge for recognition and validity, since it honestly makes a lot of sense in our current cultural context...but I simultaneously want to encourage folks to clock that urge as a form of elitism that ultimately does more harm than good, in the hopes that they can steer clear of it and find more holistic ways to fill that void.

Edited by (PSN)Unstar
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

Heh, my spouse once said something that I'll never forget because of just how true it tends to be: "Everybody wants to be better than somebody."  And I get why, especially when our society is in many ways designed to neg us into being obedient consumers.  So I try not to judge anyone for having an urge for recognition and validity, since it honestly makes a lot of sense in our current cultural context...but I simultaneously want to encourage folks to clock that urge as a form of elitism that ultimately does more harm than good, in the hopes that they can steer clear of it and find more holistic ways to fill that void.

Ye basically all that, you’re far better with words than me so ye as usual you put it so smooth far more articulated than I’m capable of my friend.

Edited by (PSN)FrDiabloFr
  • Like 2

I think rather than getting a "10 year supporter" badge just for buying the previous Heirloom pack, you should get it once you actually reach 10 years. You have new players who spent $100 to get the "10 year supporter" badge while there's players with at least 10 years in the game with no "10 year supporter" just because they didn't buy an overpriced pack.

• Like 6

You want a gold star just for having first tried the game 10 years ago? Are you going to give it to people who played the game for an hour, then uninstalled for 8 years and came back? What about people that only play for a week when there's a major cinematic update and then disappear for months or more?

We already have "rewards" for having been a long time player anyway. Login rewards for daily logins. Mastery Rank upgrades on assorted storages plus the big ones you get for reaching MR 30. Founders have their own account badges and items for supporting the game at the beginning.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

As much as I like this kind of thing, the game was not set up from the beginning to encourage these milestones or even foster a community that likes this sort of thing. There's only been two, and both were paywalls.

Part of Warframe's identity is everyone being on a relatively even playing field as far as accessible content goes (and their rewards).

The closest thing you have to this request is 11 years of event badges that won't return.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 2

Technically we already have things like this between old event badges, the Stratos Emblem, some event specific profile stats, login rewards, and some old promotional skins.

Honestly I don't see what would be wrong with using more Badges or even the Accolades system for things like this. Even beyond just a playtime counter badge things like "finishing" the Codex, scanning all Curias, having all current gear mastered, placing on the weekly/monthly leaderboards, etc are all things it could be used for. Plus regarding any of the "elitist" concerns there's always the solution of just not taking the time to stop and observe the tiny PNG on someone's shoulder or just not checking their profile. And as for people using them as bragging rights to be elitist I don't see how that'd be any different from what toxic players already do with similar things.

Edited by trst

Nope.

There is kinda a badge of long service in those bought the Founders stuff and helped get the game off the ground but other than that there is no need and even that bland ass frame and weapons has people ever clamoring to be able tp get it for some reason.

On 2024-05-30 at 1:53 PM, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

That's always what these "hey, wouldn't it be nice if we gave these players something?" posts are actually about. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ShogunGunshow said:

That's always what these "hey, wouldn't it be nice if we gave these players something?" posts are actually about. 

Lol i wanted to say something like what you said (glad it wasn’t just me who thought that) i just didn’t want to be confrontational haha ty bro.

The Lodestone Armor and Syandana. The player must have logged in once a day for at least 2.7 years, or longer in the likely circumstance that they do not log in on any given day. At that point, you're pretty clearly a loyal player.

9 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

Loyal Member badge will be uhhh $30.

Don't delay!  We can only produce a limited number of these virtual badges, and they will be leaving forever if not purchased  by June 30, 2024!

• Like 2

Fomo is bad design. 

Event rewards should be re-earnable with a tremendous amount of effort, that's the key here, effort, it shouldn't be about having just been there or buying something at a certain time (outside the founders stuff)

But instead these kinds of rewards should be avaliable for all, but require significant investments of time or effort. The lodestar and kuria stuff are a perfect example.

You want bragging rights? Prestige cosmetics? Earn them, play the game and conquer the content to completion instead of buying a cash pack or just being old.

Edited by Kaiga
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...
On 2024-05-30 at 9:53 PM, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

No not at all it's the fact I'm pretty sure i started my psn account in 2014 and i just would like something to show how dedicated I am to the game to show the amount of time i've played for it's not a show of elitism at all it's to simply show that i have been a dedicated to warframe, this is why I don't make post's like this on the forums 

On 2024-05-31 at 12:18 AM, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

Ye basically all that, you’re far better with words than me so ye as usual you put it so smooth far more articulated than I’m capable of my friend.

as i said in my last reply^ it isn't to show off to people i would just like to see something from de to show respect to players who have been playing more than 10 years

6 minutes ago, Not.Blue said:

No not at all it's the fact I'm pretty sure i started my psn account in 2014 and i just would like something to show how dedicated I am to the game to show the amount of time i've played for it's not a show of elitism at all it's to simply show that i have been a dedicated to warframe, this is why I don't make post's like this on the forums 

as i said in my last reply^ it isn't to show off to people i would just like to see something from de to show respect to players who have been playing more than 10 years

Pretty sure the Heirloom badge is what you're looking for. 10 year supporter, that sort of thing.

On 2024-05-30 at 4:53 PM, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

You mean like the Closed Beta and Open Beta badges they introduced half a decade after the fact. Of which I missed out on by 2 days?

On 2024-05-31 at 2:27 AM, Not.Blue said:

Does anyone else think there should be a badge which you get for maybe playing the game for 5 years or 10 years
I've been on this game since 2014 on my ps4 account which is crazy to me but i think we should maybe get something on our profile to show off or dedication to being a space ninja for this amount of time bc all I have to show for it atm is my vast info to helping Freshies aka new players wrap there head around the game which is cool and all but it would just be nice 

LmpwZw

Like respectful individuals who served our country?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCxTEfSJtcSNdjPx1Prdc