The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

heirloom skins are going to be permanent additions to the market

2 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

I doubt anyone would even make a refund.

As someone who bought it, nah, I'd refund it. I honestly only wanted the Signas and Pallette, I would have only bought those if given the chance.

But, ya know,

Review Pov GIF by NETFLIX

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

I doubt anyone would even make a refund.

You'd be surprised, there's a lot of people across many games that only buy things that are available for limited time just so they flex it on people that can't get it anymore.

These are the folks that would complain the most and loudly if that happened and DE thought it would be a good idea to appease them

37 minutes ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

Oh ye this is a definite possibility, i think we can both agree there may be some kind of hidden thing going on regarding the release of the skins we don’t know about.

I can understand why you might think that, but personally I think it's more likely that DE just doesn't want to have to change anything.

Posted (edited)

Limited time only on hierlooms was such and unbelievably stupid decision. It completely killed so much good will they built up and made a ton of players drop off the game during what should have been one of the most hype times in the game's history. All because they got too greedy for their own good.

I'm glad the backlash has made them backpetal on the exclusivity of supporter packs. and new hierlooms will now be permanently available for platinum (but on a rotation) But the timed exclusivity never should have happened. They probably lost at least 5x as much future revenue as they gained short term from that idiotic decision. They definitely lost several hundred dollars from me. I was planning on actually dumping a lot of money into this game once I finally got a job. Now I have a job, and because Heirloom happened I'm never going to give them another dime. In fact now that I have the money to buy other games I scarcely boot up warframe at all anymore. Once I get a new computer and have access to all the more recent games I've been wanting to play I might drop the game entirely. And believe me I would still be going back to it if they didn't pull that crap. I hope whatever marketing exec made that decision was fired. Genuinely.

Edited by PollexMessier
  • Like 4

20 hours ago, TeaHands said:

As someone who bought it, nah, I'd refund it. I honestly only wanted the Signas and Pallette, I would have only bought those if given the chance.

But, ya know,

Review Pov GIF by NETFLIX

All the more reason to add them and a refund.

20 hours ago, C11H22O1 said:

You'd be surprised, there's a lot of people across many games that only buy things that are available for limited time just so they flex it on people that can't get it anymore.

These are the folks that would complain the most and loudly if that happened and DE thought it would be a good idea to appease them

Which would also apply to this, since then they wouldnt really have anything to complain about since they'd get their plat or money back. Although they would likely complain eitherway, even if they got every single cent back.

Posted (edited)
On 2024-06-01 at 6:33 AM, _Anise_ said:

I was wondering are they going to be bringing the mag skin back? (or at least a slight variation* of it)

I did like that skin but I wasn't interested in that price point or the bundle it was part of.

Indubitably they will, but it's a matter of getting that set up. Odds are they only just rolled this idea around when Rebecca happened upon a good idea for the Heirloom system that would work better than the initial shipping. We'll certainly see Mag and Frost Heirloom again before long; of that much, I am faithful. When that will happen, I know not, but I am definitely certain they'll make a return. :D

Edited by Dexaldem

Posted (edited)

"It wouldn't be fair if Frost and Mag heirloom were brought back." Pffft, that is hilarious.

I originally spent $140 for Misa Prime Syandana because it was fomo and "exclusive".

Lo and behold it was brought back and at a reduced price.

Frost and Mag heirlooms will come back in rotation...eventually. Too much money to be made for them not to.

An archive - A nostalgic look back at all the warframe prime access's - 2 -  General Discussion - Warframe Forums

Edited by (PSN)Magician_NG
too many "because"
  • Like 6

On 2024-06-01 at 11:57 AM, _Anise_ said:

maybe they should revisit this and give mag a second heirloom skin if they aren't willing to rotate the first again?

This is what I hope for, honestly. 

Not only because I'm not a fan of the packa being locked away for "reasons" but because, well, looking at the other two heirloom skins, Mag got a weird skin.  

Don't get me wrong, it is nice, well done and I use it but, how does Mag fit a obvious Samurai aesthetic? 

I feel Mag gets passed over for some great skin concepts, a second pass at Heirloom could give her another chance for something on par to what Ember is rocking. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (PSN)Magician_NG said:

"It wouldn't be fair if Frost and Mag heirloom were brought back." Pffft, that is hilarious.

I originally spent $140 for Misa Prime Syandana because because it was fomo and "exclusive".

Lo and behold it was brought back and at a reduced price.

Frost and Mag heirlooms will come back in rotation...eventually. Too much money to be made for them not to.

An archive - A nostalgic look back at all the warframe prime access's - 2 -  General Discussion - Warframe Forums

Except these two aren't comparable at all unless there was a clause within that PA saying these items will NEVER return. As is the items did remain exclusive to the PA/PV/PR systems all of which also retained their limited availability and cash only obtainment. There's also never been anything stating that the things they sell will retain their same pricing.

The only thing the first Heirlooms are comparable to is the Founder's packages as those also had the stipulation of never returning.

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, trst said:

Except these two aren't comparable at all unless there was a clause within that PA saying these items will NEVER return. As is the items did remain exclusive to the PA/PV/PR systems all of which also retained their limited availability and cash only obtainment. There's also never been anything stating that the things they sell will retain their same pricing.

The only thing the first Heirlooms are comparable to is the Founder's packages as those also had the stipulation of never returning.

Cute, but incorrect.

https://www.warframe.com/news/heirloom-collections-faq#:~:text=No!,the availability window going forward.

According to this, their availability to be purchased with cash is limited time.

They'll be back in rotation, available for purchase with platinum...eventually.

Edited by (PSN)Magician_NG
missing a "d" in that first purchase

23 minutes ago, (PSN)Magician_NG said:

Cute, but incorrect.

https://www.warframe.com/news/heirloom-collections-faq#:~:text=No!,the availability window going forward.

According to this, their availability to be purchase with cash is limited time.

They'll be back in rotation, available for purchase with platinum...eventually.

Thats only for the heirloom skins starting with Ember. 

The Ember Heirloom skin will be available in the marketplace for platinum even after the next one comes out according to the last devstream. 

There's only one cash rotation heirloom at a time. 

So I don't think the other ones are coming back.

Posted (edited)

I still think it's really dumb DE is perpetuating any form of exclusivity at this point.

Like come on, I paid for the Heirloom packs as well. I can't say I care if they come back with a reduced price since I got a ton of extra stuff to make up the difference. You can easily just bring the skins back with their signa's and just not include the extra stuff to reduce the price.

People are going to be way angrier at the fact they can never get the skins again because their payment model was ass.

Edited by (XBOX)Graysmog
  • Like 5

On 2024-06-01 at 8:56 AM, SneakyErvin said:

They could have solved it so much better than how they plan to do it with the Mag and Frost heirloom skins.

Instead of not including them in the future they could have made the simple (in my mind atleast) thing of bringing them back, and then if someone who bought them do not like that and feel wronged, DE could just offer a refund and call it a day. I doubt anyone would even make a refund.

And you could even argue that whatever small percentage of people would ask for refunds would be more than made up for by additional purchases, but I still dont think they ever will. 

DE seems to take that promise of exclusivity as seriously as the one they made to founders. 

I dont know how the plat refunds would work but thats beside the point.

On 2024-06-01 at 9:33 AM, ToastyGrimlock98 said:

The original Founders pack was actual gameplay items.

Heirloom is cosmetics.

treating them like they are somehow of equal value is DE’s fault. Not the players.

Anyone who thinks the skins should be treated with the same reverence as Excal prime is dumb. Excal Prime purchases kept the game alive. The Heirloom bundle just let DE pocket our rent money.

Doesnt matter. In both cases they promised time limited exlusivity.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, (XBOX)Graysmog said:

I still think it's really dumb DE is perpetuating any form of exclusivity at this point.

Like come on, I paid for the Heirloom packs as well. I can't say I care if they come back with a reduced price since I got a ton of extra stuff to make up the difference. You can easily just bring the skins back with their signa's and just not include the extra stuff to reduce the price.

People are going to be way angrier at the fact they can never get the skins again because their payment model was ass.

If they brought them back, but gave them the new pricing structure. (Doesnt have to be part of a bloated bundle for cash only), i think youd see complaints from people who bought it. 

A lot of people bought the packs because they were the only way to get the skins. It was "buy the pack or you cant ever get it". 

Personally I wouldnt have paid real money for the heirloom pack if i could have just bought the skins directly with plat without having to buy all this other crap on top of it. 

And if, hypothetically, i had known that the skins i actually wanted would be available that way, i would have waited. 

One one hand id be glad the people who couldnt get it when it was out could get it and not feel "missed out" but on the other id feel like that was manipulation.

If they were gonna bring them back, at all, id want them to keep the original pricing model or have some kind of refund program.

• Like 2

On 2024-06-04 at 12:14 PM, (XBOX)ECCHO SIERRA said:

And you could even argue that whatever small percentage of people would ask for refunds would be more than made up for by additional purchases, but I still dont think they ever will. 

DE seems to take that promise of exclusivity as seriously as the one they made to founders. 

I dont know how the plat refunds would work but thats beside the point.

Yup my thought aswell. And yeah, probably taking it seriously and to the point of what they said. Which in itself is all OK in my book incase they dont want backlash. Since there is no doubt that some people would make a massive fuzz about it, likely some that never bought it for that matter.

What is that old saying? Give them a penny and they'll nuke your city? Or wait no. It takes a village to raise a child but only one viking to raze a village? No that isnt it either. Oh D(E)amned if I do, D(E)amned if I dont must be the one.

On 2024-06-04 at 3:21 AM, (XBOX)ECCHO SIERRA said:

If they brought them back, but gave them the new pricing structure. (Doesnt have to be part of a bloated bundle for cash only), i think youd see complaints from people who bought it. 

A lot of people bought the packs because they were the only way to get the skins. It was "buy the pack or you cant ever get it". 

Personally I wouldnt have paid real money for the heirloom pack if i could have just bought the skins directly with plat without having to buy all this other crap on top of it. 

And if, hypothetically, i had known that the skins i actually wanted would be available that way, i would have waited. 

One one hand id be glad the people who couldnt get it when it was out could get it and not feel "missed out" but on the other id feel like that was manipulation.

If they were gonna bring them back, at all, id want them to keep the original pricing model or have some kind of refund program.

https://imgur.com/7MFoYo97MFoYo9.png

• Like 4

"No, you can't have Frost and Mag heirlooms"; "Why??"; "Bcuz we ****** up!".

Out of all Warframes, random mAg and FroSt were sacrificed to a Monetization Void. It would have made sense if it were Excal, Mag and Volt (!shots fired!) - original starter frames and all that jazz... Imagine no heirlooms for Wisp or Grendel - random and nonsensical. Oh well...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, (XBOX)ECCHO SIERRA said:

"Being back excalibur prime". 

It's been discussed to death how that's not the same thing.
DE did that because they needed the money asap to keep the game running.
The people that bought that are responsible for the game existing now at all
DE promised they'd never do it again
And at the time they didn't have the years of negative feedback telling them their players Hate that crap
Hell at the time there was barely any feedback from any gamers about timed exclusive content in any game.

But with heirloom they didn't need the money immediately (and yes, this is definitely true, or they wouldn't be producing a second game and running such a large convention), the people buying it weren't saving the game from imminent ruin, they had years worth of feedback telling them people HATED timed exclusives, they actually had feedback that people didn't want heirloom to be timed exclusive a few weeks in advance of the announcement because it was leaked, and they had promised they wouldn't do this again.

Massively different circumstances. Excaliber prime was a hail marry to save the game, Heirloom was nothing more than a greedy cash grab made knowing damn well the majority of the playerbase wouldn't be happy about it. Time limited Excaliber prime had to happen, Time limited Heirloom should never have happened.

Edited by PollexMessier
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

And at the time they didn't have the years of negative feedback telling them their players Hate that crap
Hell at the time there was barely any feedback from any gamers about timed exclusive content in any game.

But with heirloom they didn't need the money immediately (and yes, this is definitely true, or they wouldn't be producing a second game and running such a large convention), the people buying it weren't saving the game from imminent ruin, they had years worth of feedback telling them people HATED timed exclusives, they actually had feedback that people didn't want heirloom to be timed exclusive a few weeks in advance of the announcement because it was leaked, and they had promised they wouldn't do this again.

Massively different circumstances. Excaliber prime was a hail marry to save the game, Heirloom was nothing more than a greedy cash grab made knowing damn well the majority of the playerbase wouldn't be happy about it. Time limited Excaliber prime had to happen, Time limited Heirloom should never have happened.

"But they needed the money then and dont now so its different". 

*that* may be true but what *isnt* different, is that they promised time limited exclusivity in both cases. 

You can call it a "greedy cash grab" and talk about how unnecessary it is but it doesnt change that.

People have been begging for excal prime for years and years and they havent budged. Theyve already stated that changing the exclusivity terms wouldnt be fair so they wont, so I highly doubt they will.

As someone who bought the pack, im not gonna be mad if they bring it back. I'll say hey congratulations to anyone who wants to buy it.

But i bet they wont.

So honestly you have two choices on the matter. Throw a hissy fit or accept it.

4 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

Except it is the same promise of exclusivity, that's why it gets brought up. All the other circumstances surrounding it, any player feedback regarding it, and whether or not one or the other should have happened are irrelevant here.

If DE can break the promise that something will never return when it comes to the Heirlooms then why can't they break that exact same promise with Excalibur Prime? Besides just as there's players who bought the Heirlooms saying they wouldn't care if it was re-released there've been Founders who've said they wouldn't care if Excalibur Prime was re-released. And it'd definitely bring in a lot of money if they resold it at the same pricing tiers.

If you want DE to go back on their word then why not have them be consistent on breaking that word? Especially when most of the same arguments in favor of re-releasing the Heirlooms have long been made for Excalibur Prime.

Edited by trst

1 hour ago, trst said:

If you want DE to go back on their word then why not have them be consistent on breaking that word? Especially when most of the same arguments in favor of re-releasing the Heirlooms have long been made for Excalibur Prime.

But they did.
They did break their word.
They promised they wouldn't do something like the founders pack again, but they did.
That's the problem.

So yeah, I do want them to be consistent with breaking their word at this point. Most of us have no trust in their word anymore anyways, so why not break it to benefit the players for once?

"Why not bring Excal prime back too then?" Exactly. Why not? Some founders actually lost that stuff to DE's half baked cross save launch so it's really only fair to them to be able to get it back at this point. I don't really care about getting the founders stuff myself but if that has to happen for them to make up for this trainwreck, then just do it. If they get sued for it, good. They deserve it. Not for reverting their crap decision mind you, but for making it in the first place. Shouldn't have happened.

And I'm going to continue pissing about it until they do, or I get too fed up with their BS to ever come back. Because they don't keep their word.

Edited by PollexMessier
  • Like 2