Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

BRAVO DE!

Eandur

I've been playing Warframe "casually" since 2018 (1800+ hours), and video games since the late 80s (I'm 42), but this was the first time I shed a tear (or two) playing one (being the dad of a little girl probably helped🥲).

So I just wanna say: BRAVO DE!

• Like 19

Masterful, Beautiful...

Spoiler

that's how the stalker's real name is ''sorren''. but what happens now? Is this supposed to have some kind of real consequence in the game? 

This certainly left me with many questions.

Edited by CosoMalvadoNG
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

Masterful, Beautiful...

Reveal hidden contents

that's how the stalker's real name is ''sorren''. but what happens now? Is this supposed to have some kind of real consequence in the game? 

Spoiler

From what I've heard when Stalker shows up in mission he refuses to fight you.
I do hope we get some follow up I also hope that we can replay the quest since I had my operator selected and I want to see if there is different dialogue for Drifter. 

Also I think it would be neat if the operator/drifter becomes a sort of uncle to Sorren's kid

One question I still have is when Sorren is helping us out in the ascension missions who is watching his kid, is it Hunhow or someone else?

13 minutes ago, Neo3602 said:

I do hope we get some follow up I also hope that we can replay the quest since I had my operator selected and I want to see if there is different dialogue for Drifter. 

There isn't. I had Drifter selected but the quest still had Operator.

13 minutes ago, Neo3602 said:

One question I still have is when Sorren is helping us out in the ascension missions who is watching his kid, is it Hunhow or someone else?

I must say, having Hunhow the Sentient Destroyer of Worlds on a babysitting duty is more amusing than it has the right to be.

Edited by VisionAndVoice
  • Like 8

Complete Masterpiece. In my scale U have only 15 points out of 10 possible DE. Thank U People (DE employments and management:) for all that U do for us. I can't wait for another piece of the story.:)

I'm playing WF since 2015 and i haven't seen so complete and mind-blowing content. Thanks.

Spoiler

Probably the most touching and real story in the games universe i was able to see. U can lough about real story but i had some "life issue" in last 3 years and i know, how bad can husband/father feel facing Wife's/Mother's death. My Wife had diagnosed tumor so big and hard to remove that only 1 professor in Poland accepted to try surgery. We were waiting for that decision for three weeks. For 3 weeks i was playing that quest. Nothing touched me so hard on the screen like "Jade Shadows". Maybe not best memories and analogy but i haven't feel and cry like that for over 2 years.

Another spoiler for interested: My Wife is still alive, my Daughter is growing well and we are happy family.:) Professor Ząbek (best polish neurosurgeon) did his job perfectly. I won't be able to thank Him like i should till the rest of my life.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

Masterful, Beautiful...

Hide contents

Spoiler

It's definitely set-up. Stalker's growing up and becoming a secondary protagonist, I'm so proud!

hace 2 horas, Neo3602 dijo:
Spoiler

Spoiler

If you notice, he always carries the baby in his arms when he helps you.

Edited by CosoMalvadoNG

2 minutes ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:
  Reveal hidden contents

If you notice, she always carries the baby in her arms when he helps you.

Spoiler

Does he? I've played as the Stalker as part of the operation a few times and haven't noticed that.

I think this quest hits hardest if you have kids. friend of mine has a 2 month old, His first. he's not the emotional type, but I reckon this one will make him tear up. 

otherwise it was pretty well done, Sound and gameplay design on point as per usual, just a shame we only got the very basics of Stalker's backstory, and I doubt that the choice we made will really matter,  but I did notice one tidbit:

Spoiler

one of Ordis' quotes in the Relay after the quest suggests that there's "a lot more people on the ship now": we know about Umbra and Helminth, but Where is Stalker staying? Hunhow says he won't stay with him anymore because it's the place where Jade died and holds too much pain for him to bear, so... does that mean he ends up living with us? even though he's still probably gonna try to kill us? or can we consider it canon now that Stalker isn't after us anymore and it's just a game mechanic now that predates the quest, like the older boss fights?

Edited by (PSN)robotwars7
  • Like 2

I really enjoyed it, I hope we get some Stalker based missions that follows him on his new chapter of life.

But knowing DE's record of following up on big plot points like this, my hopes aren't toooooo high lol

4 hours ago, ominumi said:

Once Hate had that green glow my instincts kicked in. Everything must die so I can live.

Stalker...

...can't do spoiler tags on mobile I guess...

Edited by moondog548

It's definitely the best storytelling DE has done in quite some time.

Definitely raising a glass to the writing and audio teams there.  Well done fellas!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

Masterful, Beautiful...

Hide contents

Is this supposed to have some kind of real consequence in the game? 

If you're asking if Stalker will still hunt us after this, yes

Remember that there are no fewer than THREE Alad V's you can go talk to right now. On Themisto Jupiter (classic Corpus), on Eris (Mutalist), and Ropalolyst Jupiter (post-Sacrifice independent contractor)

Post Jade Stalker now has a new visual signifier. The one who still hunts you is the old version without this signifier, so DE can let him keep spawning to drop War BPs and Smoking Step ephemeras 

9 hours ago, ominumi said:

Once Hate had that green glow my instincts kicked in. Everything must die so I can live.

I kid you not, Sorren could slice down a dozen mooks while feeding, changing & burping that darling bundle of joy.

Heck, I could see the operator taking on some baby sitting duties. I know I would.

While i ... Kinda enjoyed it, (some things feel a bit ... Elementary school play level of storytelling , good but some aspects will not hit as well)

After finishing the quest me and most of my clan:

Question GIF by reactionseditor

Edited by 0_The_F00l
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Raarsi said:

It's definitely the best storytelling DE has done in quite some time.

Definitely raising a glass to the writing and audio teams there.  Well done fellas!

I feel the exact opposite. I feel like it's the worst storytelling DE has done. There's barely any story here, very little character development, and no deep exploration of Stalker's or Jade's backstory. At best, this is a tease at a deeper look at Stalker's backstory that we'll never get.

I certainly don't understand anyone calling this a masterpiece. I can think of three games that for sure have storytelling much deeper and much closer to being a masterpiece than any story in Warframe.

Edited by OniDax

hace 3 horas, TARINunit9 dijo:

Post Jade Stalker now has a new visual signifier. The one who still hunts you is the old version without this signifier, so DE can let him keep spawning to drop War BPs and Smoking Step ephemeras 

Oh no that not. The starker its meme with leg, he die one shot every time. 

Spoiler

I was just thinking if this implies any changes in the future, with the fact that there is a baby warframe. Modular Warframes? Warframe fusion? Warframe reproduction? will he be an ally? Any other type of controllable character similar to the proto-frame? a companion? 

The names they give you to choose from at the end of adventure: Sirius and Orion.

1. Orion is the constellation of the ''Deadly Hunter''.
  2. Sirius is nicknamed the "Dog Star" because it is part of the constellation ''Canis Major'' which is Orion's hunting dog.

DE gives us the choice between a Hunter dog and a hunter man. Who are he going to hunt?  I have always liked that DE uses allegories of myths within the game.

Edited by CosoMalvadoNG

1 hour ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

Oh no that not. The starker its meme with leg, he die one shot every time. 

Hide contents

I was just thinking if this implies any changes in the future, with the fact that there is a baby warframe. Modular Warframes? Warframe fusion? Warframe reproduction? will he be an ally? Any other type of controllable character similar to the proto-frame? a companion? 

The names they give you to choose from at the end of adventure: Sirius and Orion.

1. Orion is the constellation of the ''Deadly Hunter''.
  2. Sirius is nicknamed the "Dog Star" because it is part of the constellation ''Canis Major'' which is Orion's hunting dog.

DE gives us the choice between a Hunter dog and a hunter man. Who are he going to hunt?  I have always liked that DE uses allegories of myths within the game.

Spoiler

Sirius also means "Glowing" or "Burning brightly", with the namesake star being the brightest in the night sky. In other words, it ties into Jade's light theme, which is why it's the choice that's associated with her colour.

It's also apparently derived from Osiris, the Egyptian god of (among other things) fertility.

hace 8 horas, Corvid dijo:
Spoiler

Sirius also means "Glowing" or "Burning brightly", with the namesake star being the brightest in the night sky. In other words, it ties into Jade's light theme, which is why it's the choice that's associated with her colour.

It's also apparently derived from Osiris, the Egyptian god of (among other things) fertility.

Interesting.  Now I have even more questions xD.

Spoiler

If you told me years ago I'd be bullet jumping with a baby I'd probably believe you, this update ROCKS man. Stalker gameplay long overdue, music is just sublime, I was bullet jumping and killing things with a damn warframe baby in my arms, and I get to name em too 🥺 I'm elated, what a fantastic experience.

• Like 1