Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE, do you actually WANT people to play?

25 minutes ago, LittleLeoniePrime said:

they have LoS to begin with? it feels like they don't honestly

Jade eximus need line of sight to hit players. They don't need LoS to target players. DE needs to make it so the jade Light can hit players through floors. Currently, if you find a crawl space, Jade Light can't hit you.

Edited by ominumi

2 hours ago, trst said:

With how little resistance enemies offer to players having even ONE that at least gets some to pay attention to what's going on around them is a massive improvement to the gameplay.

I am not opposed to adding things that are challenging... if they are fun! this thing if I move it follows me so its like babysitting it requires immediate attention, I turn I shoot it another one comes, they are far too frequent, maybe its in part due to the eximus type flooding the new ascension mode?

anyway imo it potentially drives unhealthy gameplay because maybe just favor playing ivara/octavia who will never get targeted? or nezah (or similar) who can happily tank the beam and get his halo to crazy numbers with it? so I can just ignore this unfun mechanic like how people run primed sure footed so they can ignore knockdown.

when I think about it, if this beam could be shot by sentinels, hit by warframe abilities and basically got one shot out of existence, maybe it would feel better, alternatively if it couldn't move maybe so walking out of it was as much action as you needed to take?

also made my think of mmos, I don't mind "get out of the fire" mechanics in MMOS but they are usually visually telegraphed and "usually" don't chase you around.

Edited by _Anise_
  • Like 1

I agree with the original poster...not sure why many are bringing up that they can be dealt with, shoot the orb, kill the eximus etc. I understand and do all this when possible but I still , as the OG poster put it "find them  annoying AF".

I also agree as others have stated that if they required LOS to target you, or at least give a trail to indicate where the eximus is coming from my annoyance factor would almost entirely go away !

just my 2 cents 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

In the video I shoot the orb. I simply circle the vortexes and shoot them which shoots the orb. However, perhaps you all stopped watching because I am getting a laser a second or two after. Xbox will only record 30s and in this clip I have three. I got about 8 in a row back to back before I thought about saving the recording. That's what's annoying. It's too frequent.

Is that Steel Path?

The video didn’t work for me so I could only skip through and see stills

41 minutes ago, _Anise_ said:

I am not opposed to adding things that are challenging... if they are fun! this thing if I move it follows me so its like babysitting it requires immediate attention, I turn I shoot it another one comes, they are far too frequent, maybe its in part due to the eximus type flooding the new ascension mode?

anyway imo it potentially drives unhealthy gameplay because maybe just favor playing ivara/octavia who will never get targeted? or nezah (or similar) who can happily tank the beam and get his halo to crazy numbers with it? so I can just ignore this unfun mechanic like how people run primed sure footed so they can ignore knockdown.

when I think about it, if this beam could be shot by sentinels, hit by warframe abilities and basically got one shot out of existence, maybe it would feel better, alternatively if it couldn't move maybe so walking out of it was as much action as you needed to take?

also made my think of mmos, I don't mind "get out of the fire" mechanics in MMOS but they are usually visually telegraphed and "usually" don't chase you around.

In a game where the movement is a core mechanic I don't see how something forcing you to stay mobile would ever be a negative.

As for building to counter/ignore it that's already how players disengage from most of the game. There's already ways to ignore enemy HP, ignore enemy damage, remove the need to aver aim, remove all CC, and then some. If players want to also remove this mechanic they have the choice of doing so via invisibility, tanking it, or using Silence to turn the ability off. I'd say our ability to outright remove mechanics is excessive but it is still a strength of the modding/upgrade systems in having the choice to use some, all, or none of these options.

And if it was targetable by Companions or abilities then they might as well remove the mechanic entirely. Any AOE ability and every Companion with a gun would just delete it. As well with our mobility if it was a stationary beam it'd suddenly become a non-threat, again you might as well remove it at that point.

Also the beam is telegraphed with the "spotlight" it has before activating. There is the one issue they have of lacking an indication as to which Eximus is targeting you but currently that's just an issue due to the event forcing only Jade Eximus spawns.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, trst said:

In a game where the movement is a core mechanic

ascension is more about camping the elevator occasionally going into the side rooms? specially if you are on power cell duty!

7 minutes ago, trst said:

Also the beam is telegraphed with the "spotlight" it has before activating

yeah tbh I almost added this, in am mmo like setting where the camera is maybe 4 ~ 7 meters away from your character this is fine indicator, warframe the camera is basically almost on the sholder of your warframe, if you are looking down a scope or even just focusing in the distance you can easily miss this translucent telegraph heck not even that, sometimes there is so much visual clutter, numbers vivid explosions it can be hard to see!

I wanted to test so I took Nyx for a spin and mindcontrolled one of the jade units, they always cast 2 beams simultaneously on two different targets and they DO melt other enemies with these beams when they use it on them, so mindcontrol actually good now? :O also my nyx completly ignored the beam sitting in absorb 👍

4 minutes ago, _4shes said:

The best Anti-AFK would be making missions more engaging themselves

which they have done a fairly good job of with recent gamemods (disruption, void flood, void cascade, alchemy, ascension) it's just that the old ones are still lacking angaging elements; survival, defense and interception probably being the worst..

Edited by LittleLeoniePrime
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, _Anise_ said:

ascension is more about camping the elevator occasionally going into the side rooms? specially if you are on power cell duty!

Not having done the mission yet, I’m guessing it plays out a bit like a mobile defense mission, where movement is still key but now the player is tethered to a localised area and needs to figure out how to stay on the move without being able to run away and reset the fight (mobile defense missions are one of my favourites because of that wrinkle)

Edited by Merkranire

also to all the "just shoot them" people, jade can only use her exalted weapon while flying and this is incapable of hitting the beam, as are all warframe abilities so this renders a it problematic for a few frames off the top of my head

3 minutes ago, Merkranire said:

Not having done the mission yet

you should its really fun, it's basically mostly vertical, the "side rooms" are not really more than single corridors you go into in order to find powercells which you thorw down to the elevator, keep that powered at 50 and it moves faster, its not required per say but its sometimes advantageous/done where we have one person stay on the elevator and throw the cells into the orb to keep it powered

Edited by _Anise_
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, LittleLeoniePrime said:

which they have done a fairly good job of with recent gamemods (disruption, void flood, void cascade, alchemy, ascension) it's just that the old ones are still lacking angaging elements; survival, defense and interception probably being the worst..

Exactly, people thinking this eximus is a creative way of getting players to move is crazy to me honestly. Zaramin has some bangers.

• Like 1

Just now, _Anise_ said:

you should its really fun, it's basically mostly vertical, the "side rooms" are not really more than single corridors you go into in order to find powercells which you thorw down to the elevator, keep that powered at 50 and it moves faster, its not req

Looking forward to it; mostly vertical sounds interesting seeing as how much of our content has a strong horizontal leaning, and I wouldn’t be surprised if I suddenly found interesting synergies and approaches to fights just through through the level design alone

2 minutes ago, _4shes said:

Exactly, people thinking this eximus is a creative way of getting players to move is crazy to me honestly. Zaramin has some bangers.

i think it's our need to trivialise every single mission that makes these modes feel bad or unappealing sometimes when in reality they're some of the most enjoyable the game has to offer as they challange everything we know and are capable of.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, _Anise_ said:

There's plenty of room to move around the elevator and you can bullet jump more or less vertically to take out enemies on the upper floors if need be.

2 hours ago, LittleLeoniePrime said:

Indeed. Then of course you get the people that complain that they have to move around and pick up the bubbles or *gasp* run to the opposite room every few minutes.

2 hours ago, Merkranire said:

Not having done the mission yet, I’m guessing it plays out a bit like a mobile defense mission, where movement is still key but now the player is tethered to a localised area and needs to figure out how to stay on the move without being able to run away and reset the fight (mobile defense missions are one of my favourites because of that wrinkle)

It's pretty forgiving in that if the target takes too much damage, it just lengthens the mission while it 'reboots'. Haven't had it happen often in pubs where everyone wants to collect loot too, but sometimes the last bit of the push can get a bit bonkers with a couple of spawn closets that you pass. You'll probably enjoy it when you get there as long as you don't run it too much each day while collecting the drops to use in the store.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Hobie-wan said:

It's pretty forgiving in that if the target takes too much damage, it just lengthens the mission while it 'reboots'. Haven't had it happen often in pubs where everyone wants to collect loot too, but sometimes the last bit of the push can get a bit bonkers with a couple of spawn closets that you pass. You'll probably enjoy it when you get there as long as you don't run it too much each day while collecting the drops to use in the store.

Hm. One of the things I like about mobile defense (or most objective-based missions) is the fact that if it gets close to death, the consequences for not successfully pulling it back can be comparitively dire, adding a potent layer of “Oh crap” to the fighting.

That said, if I want to experience that, I just do the content that lets me do that, and it’s not hugely make or break when the game lets us just have things to do without mission failure as a consequence and, if someone’s working to keep on top of it, there’s still that whole “Gotta not let it fail” even if the edge is dulled a bit.

🤔 Plus there are plenty of missions where failure is literally down to the player dying enough times, like Survival (though there’s the extra layer of running out of air if looking for something specific, so I guess it’s not completely down to player death to be considered a mission failure), and the game’s still fun, so yup, still looking forward to it. Good to hear that it can get pretty chaotic

Edited by Merkranire

So it's been ages since I've played Zephyr, but after watching the video, are you supposed to glide aim in place like that all the time on her?  I thought she had her first ability for a reason. 

In fact, I wonder now if the jade light beam can even hit you if you get enough altitude since it seems to spawn at a fixed height.  I can't recall ever being targeted with it when I was playing Jade, but I'm also in constant motion on her, so I'm not sure.  Maybe I'll need to test this with either Zephyr or Hildryn at some point.

As for the OP's complaint, yes it's annoying, but it's not entirely unavoidable.  Just stop trying to get hang time when you hear the audio cue or see the green spotlight that shows up and maybe hit that 1 key to get that butt moving.

Edited by Raarsi

This community man.

It's the same as every other poorly thought out enemy design. They just add something and don't think about how it affects the game as a whole.

I used to laugh at all the rage posts about Scorch flamthrowers killing players 3 rooms away through walls cuz I had already set myself to play how DE wants me to play. Big o'l eHP and DPS. You think my Rhino or Chroma care about Eximus? No. It's Nyx, Loki, Volt, Frost and similar who suffer. I recall when Nox came out they entirely ignored stealth. RIP Loki and Ash. This is is just the same story over and over. Pick an Armor mitigation frame back when Puncture double dipped. Perfect way to die. Move, yea, easy. Unless your frame's kit is designed around being still for periods. Just more frames getting the short stick due to bad enemy designs.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

You only had one chasing you, try it when a heap of Eximus are active and you can't see them to kill them for the screen clutter and you spend your time looking up shooting beam after beam.

I find a heap of eximus showing up is the perfect time to go and make a sandwich.

12 hours ago, 16Bitman said:

Shoot the orb and then kill the eximus.

12 hours ago, (PSN)SABRETOOTH1971 said:

Just shoot the orb above. What's the problem.

While I agree with the general sentiment that Jade Light Eximi aren't hard to deal with, and that OP is just being obtuse, I have had multiple incidents where the orb was in the ceiling and couldn't be shot. Don't tell DE "everything is perfect" when there's still some bugs to fix

...ok now we can go back to dunking on OP

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ominumi said:

Jade eximus need line of sight to hit players. They don't need LoS to target players. DE needs to make it so the jade Light can hit players through floors. Currently, if you find a crawl space, Jade Light can't hit you.

No they don't. Alot of the time as it stands right now, the orb is untargetable due to hovering inside of the ceiling. Admittedly another issue than the one you mention, but would be exacerbated by having no way to duck away. IMO though, ducking into a doorway should delay the beam finding you, that makes sense from a gaming perspective.

Edited by vixenpixel