The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

why has the prime schedule been disrupted this heavily?

7 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Am I drunk?   I'm looking at the prime releases since 2012 and I don't see a break with that pattern until the one that was announced today.

Allow me. While the pattern of 'two males, two females' has not been broken since the start of the Prime releases, the pattern dictated by their release order has been disrupted 9 times out of the 43 Primes we have, making it nearly a 1-in-5 occurrence. With the oldest case being 2013 and the most recent case being 2023.

Here's a break-down of that:

Spoiler

The very first 'disruption' of the pattern was Frost, skipping Volt, Loki, Rhino and Ash in 2013. Being the second ever Prime frame.

The next disruption was Nova, in Christmas of 2014, who jumped the order ahead of Trinity (from the base 8), Saryn and Banshee, moving her ahead by more than a year of Prime releases.

Then in February of 2016 Saryn jumped ahead of Banshee. Not to be topped, in Christmas of 2016 Valkyr also jumped in front of Banshee, pushing Banshee's Prime release all the way back to February of 2017.

For Christmas of 2017 Mirage jumped Zephyr, pushing her back to the February.

Continuing a bit of the theme, Garuda jumped Khora in 2022, coming out one access early.

As for some of the others, Wukong jumped Atlas in 2019. Inaros jumped Nezha in 2020. And lastly Grendel jumped Gauss in 2023 and pushed Gauss back to a 2024 January release.

So, with Sevagoth jumping the queue? Ground-breaking for messing with the 2 male and 2 female pattern, buuuut...

DE aren't afraid of breaking what we perceive as patterns in their releases.

• Like 6

I probably get why they broke the pattern, but it kind of doesn't explicitly explain why they did it, nor was it much of a strong reason.

Given the next "big" update of Warframe, that being 1999, giving some more use to the Railjacks for the new adversaries is probably why, to at least garner more instance for that part of the game.

Albeit to me, they had a good opportunity with these next four frames after Protea to close off the Summer and the Female cycle with Yareli, even more so with the Dog Days event. Then to get into the Fall season with Xaku, given they are a special case, with them generally being a "Frankenstein" of a frame. Then to go on with Lavos to generally coincide with Spring 2025, given the closeness of plants and alchemy. Then Summer 2025 ending with Sevagoth, given of the more pirate nature of his character and what not.

3 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Allow me. While the pattern of 'two males, two females' has not been broken since the start of the Prime releases, the pattern dictated by their release order has been disrupted 9 times out of the 43 Primes we have, making it nearly a 1-in-5 occurrence. With the oldest case being 2013 and the most recent case being 2023.

Here's a break-down of that:

Reveal hidden contents

The very first 'disruption' of the pattern was Frost, skipping Volt, Loki, Rhino and Ash in 2013. Being the second ever Prime frame.

The next disruption was Nova, in Christmas of 2014, who jumped the order ahead of Trinity (from the base 8), Saryn and Banshee, moving her ahead by more than a year of Prime releases.

Then in February of 2016 Saryn jumped ahead of Banshee. Not to be topped, in Christmas of 2016 Valkyr also jumped in front of Banshee, pushing Banshee's Prime release all the way back to February of 2017.

For Christmas of 2017 Mirage jumped Zephyr, pushing her back to the February.

Continuing a bit of the theme, Garuda jumped Khora in 2022, coming out one access early.

As for some of the others, Wukong jumped Atlas in 2019. Inaros jumped Nezha in 2020. And lastly Grendel jumped Gauss in 2023 and pushed Gauss back to a 2024 January release.

So, with Sevagoth jumping the queue? Ground-breaking for messing with the 2 male and 2 female pattern, buuuut...

DE aren't afraid of breaking what we perceive as patterns in their releases.

You're probably right about it referring to primes lining up  with base frame release date within the confines of the MMFF pattern, rather than the MMFF pattern itself.   I'm still puzzled though since the post seems to imply this  is something that DE's only broken with relatively recently.  And as you've illustrated, the exceptions go back to the beginning.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, herozen13 said:

i'll put it simple. where is xaku prime? why is the schedule being disrupted this heavily? there's been a few switch ups in the past, but the switch was usually swapping the 2 frames for that pass around like gauss and grendel, or atlas and wukong.

It definitely felt weird that we have Sevagoth Prime when they already did a Deluxe skin,and he was released post-Xaku

My guess is that either someone at DE pulled a "pretty please" or (more likely) Xaku is currently too difficult of a frame to make a prime version of without it being either too coherent or incoherent visually, what with having the whole "one frame made up of multiple frames" thing for its theme.

There's also the possibility that it was a cash grab maneuver since Sevagoth usually needs a lot more forma than any other frame, but I doubt DE would be THAT greedy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HoustonDragon said:

It definitely felt weird that we have Sevagoth Prime when they already did a Deluxe skin,and he was released post-Xaku

They've done frame's Deluxe skin release after their prime release in the past though.

16 hours ago, L3512 said:

@PublicDomain

Well Sevagoth was an out of left field choice.

To copy your work. Maybe they go Protea, Sevagoth, Xaku, Yarali, Lavos, Caliban for F, M, Xaku, F, M, M.

egnJQwy.png

Yeah throws the whole thing outta whack. My best guess is that Liger made the concept and they liked it so much they decided to skip right to it? Maybe they'll explain why in the next devshort/devstream.

To my knowledge there is a prime schedule but they also alternate genders. 

Usually it's by release order but they disrupt it so it goes: Male, Female, repeat

Xaku being non-binary shouldn't throw that off though. 

It could be that Xaku 's getting a Prime Trailer or a really special prime access. 

Or....give Xaku 's lore, maybe Xaku doesn't get a prime? Cause it wouldn't make sense.

IE: Origin Xaku is a frame forged of the broken parts of other frames an accident made in the void. 

How does an accident made in the void happen a second time, this time pulling in primed parts from destroyed primed frames, and thus become primed?

If anything....

Xaku should probably be the 2nd ever Umbra Frame. Which would explain the delay in their Prime(Umbra) Access.

17 hours ago, herozen13 said:

i just wanna know why

only a theory, but I reckon it's probably due to them not having made a decision on what they want his design to look like yet. Sevagoth is much easier, he already has a theme, Naval/Captain. it could also be down the fact that Railjack is getting updated with 1999 and the Infested Liches, and Railjack is heavily tied to Sevagoth, so priming him at this time makes more sense.

as a Sevagoth fan, I see this as an absolute win, but don't worry, Xaku could always come right after.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, KitMeHarder said:

Unless you mean DE is kicking Sevagoth out to the curb in late summer so Xaku can rake in the big bucks for the holiday season this winter, then this take couldn't be more wrong.

SMTGP5G.png

That's definitely a take...

didn't know people would get this triggered over my GUESS

lmaooo people really love arguing over nothing.

15 minutes ago, latetier said:

didn't know people would get this triggered over my GUESS

lmaooo people really love arguing over nothing.

Didn't know people would get this triggered over a correction of your GUESS

Lmaooo people really love to make themselves seem unaffected by valid criticism

• Like 5

5 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

Yeah throws the whole thing outta whack. My best guess is that Liger made the concept and they liked it so much they decided to skip right to it? Maybe they'll explain why in the next devshort/devstream.

Quilt, tassels and asymmetry, very Liger.

Xaku would have been nicer plus it blows Lavos out like a year now. At least Caliban deluxe looks good (theme, more quilt and asymmetry, the asymmetry is ok here because of the Murmillo-ish theme but the armour is on the left side of the body while most one handed weapons in WF are right hand lol) but I've never bothered to farm another copy.

Edited by L3512

On 2024-07-20 at 8:39 PM, herozen13 said:

i'll put it simple. where is xaku prime? why is the schedule being disrupted this heavily? there's been a few switch ups in the past, but the switch was usually swapping the 2 frames for that pass around like gauss and grendel, or atlas and wukong.

we just had protea, xaku should've been next, and even if they want to pull the "they're NB" card, yareli should've been next then. why is sevagoth next? why him spesifically? lavos came before him too.

i've been waiting for xaku prime for 3 years now. went into tennocon hyped to hell and back to see my beautiful skeleton guilded to the nines and kitted out with beautiful cosmetics. instead i got a thicc pirate and his pet fish.

i just wanna know why

Maybe Xaku Prime will coincide with whatever huge event happens in Deimos.

• Like 1

I've been waiting for Lavos Prime and Lavos Deluxe for the same time. I mean, Sevagoth, Yareli and now Caliban have all gotten deluxe skins. Where is Lavos deluxe??? They were released all after him. 😭😭😭

What stings even more is the fact some artist had made an awesome concept, but apparently it was cancelled and now Lavos has no deluxe. It feels awful. And the fact Caliban deluxe looks so dope... It hurts. 😭

• Like 1

Xaku arrived with Deimos / Grandmother. Maybe they want to include something in Xaku Prime's trailer that'll be spoilery so they have to wait for more development on Albrecht stuff beforehand through The Lotus Eaters, Unannounced 2024 or 1999.

Alas, that's my hope but more likely it's driven by sales, marketing or whatever

Kinda angry that they screw female frames again. They bring out too many male stuff... maybe i should just quit... screwing us with a pregnant frame... and now they don't even give us the prime pattern they always used......

• Like 1

If I'd have to take a stab in the dark at this, I'd say they probably needed more time working on Xaku Prime. That said....

On 2024-07-21 at 5:30 PM, Aerikx said:

Or....give Xaku 's lore, maybe Xaku doesn't get a prime? Cause it wouldn't make sense.

IE: Origin Xaku is a frame forged of the broken parts of other frames an accident made in the void. 

How does an accident made in the void happen a second time, this time pulling in primed parts from destroyed primed frames, and thus become primed?

If anything....

Xaku should probably be the 2nd ever Umbra Frame. Which would explain the delay in their Prime(Umbra) Access.

This is genius. I still remember the following quote from the Sacrifice Quest:

"And it was not their force of will - not their Void devilry - not their alien darkness... it was something else. It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing-- And take away its pain ".

Thematically, it would make sense to give a literally broken warframe of all things the Umbral treatment. I know Reb and Megan in a recent Q&A mentioned there are currently no plans to make any further Umbra content, but Xaku would be the perfect opportunity to revisit that concept and maybe reconsider. Xaku has already been established as an anomaly of a Warframe in-lore, and what better way to make them "a law unto themselves" than to give them the Umbral title and buck the Prime trend?

• Like 1

Not a justification of any sort but:

"Boy band" hell is upon us and it was clearly shown Railjack was key to managing the situation. (Which makes this player very, very happy.) Sevagoth is inextricably linked to Railjack. so I kinda get it.

Xaku, Take a number and sit down.

(Something also tells me, maybe, just maybe DE might take a stab at squad link again.)

Edited by PrideB4TheFall

On 2024-07-20 at 9:59 PM, herozen13 said:

grendel prime, protea prime, and now sevagoth prime. all unpopular frames at base upon their prime's release. all getting a prime. your logic fails

if i don't see my prime skeleton by halloween, i'm setting canada on fire again.

We already are on fire 😭

1 hour ago, ZiIIion said:

If I'd have to take a stab in the dark at this, I'd say they probably needed more time working on Xaku Prime. That said....

This is genius. I still remember the following quote from the Sacrifice Quest:

"And it was not their force of will - not their Void devilry - not their alien darkness... it was something else. It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing-- And take away its pain ".

Thematically, it would make sense to give a literally broken warframe of all things the Umbral treatment. I know Reb and Megan in a recent Q&A mentioned there are currently no plans to make any further Umbra content, but Xaku would be the perfect opportunity to revisit that concept and maybe reconsider. Xaku has already been established as an anomaly of a Warframe in-lore, and what better way to make them "a law unto themselves" than to give them the Umbral title and buck the Prime trend?

I always pictured Xaku Prime as having an original body that was infused with void energy. The Orokin tried to see if they could harness the void but it was too much and Xaku’s body shattered and exploded. In order to repair itself it searched for its remains but found the remains of other fallen frames. Maybe Xaku even chose those remains as a sort of reminder. Or just simply didn’t know what it look like so it didn’t know what remnants were the original.

Kind of like how Valkyr Prime looks drastically different. Or the fact Valkyr’s deluxe skin is suppose to be what she originally looked like before the torturous experimentation by Alad V. Which is very different. So Xaku Prime, could have an original prime body but it was heavily damaged and the pieces don’t exactly fit neatly together, making Xaku Prime unidentifiable. While regular Xaku uses the parts from fallen frames. Would embody the “broken frame” more than the Frankenstein we currently have. 

On 2024-07-21 at 12:21 PM, Raarsi said:

but I doubt DE would be THAT greedy.

You do remember they slammed a 5 ton I-beam into their own nuts while flipping off the majority of their playerbase at the same time with the way they handled mag and frost heirloom, just to get that sweet sweet fomo whale semen cash, right?

They wouldn't just be that greedy, they'd release him as all rare parts and with no polarities, and laugh all the way to the bank if they thought they could get away with it.

What probably happened, is they have no idea how to handle Xaku without breaking cannon because a prime of them can't logically exist (The obvious solution would be to release an upgraded Xaku as a different Variant other than prime. Maybe in the Vein of the void angel aesthetic which still works sensibly for void relics having parts of them) And Yareli is just too unpopular for them to even consider doing a prime for, so they skipped her.

Protea>Xaku>Sevagoth>Voruna>Yareli would have made the most sense to me. Counting Xaku as both a male and female release overlapping eachother for their MMFF pattern, and cramming Yareli as far back as they can to potentially get out some tweaks to make her not awful. But her main issue in my eyes is her aesthetic and lore. Her whole cutesy quirky anime fan-girl aesthetic is probably the most dissonant theming of any frame in the game. And she is canonically one of the weakest warframes. She got done-in by a fat grineer in a jet-diaper who's job was to slave-drive children, and needed help from said children to even beat him. Compared to Atlas one-punch-maning a meteor, or Gara Soloing a mountain sized sentient, she's pathetic. Any other frame would have decapitated that dude before he even knew what was happening.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, PollexMessier said:

What probably happened, is they have no idea how to handle Xaku without breaking cannon because a prime of them can't logically exist (The obvious solution would be to release an upgraded Xaku as a different Variant other than prime. Maybe in the Vein of the void angel aesthetic which still works sensibly for void relics having parts of them) 

The incident that created Xaku happened. 

Ballas learns about this incident.

Varia confirms that some frames got primed post creation. 

Ballas is impressed by this happy accident and constructs/commissions a prime. 

Boom, no mental gymnastics required in making Xaku Prime. 

Also if they wanted they could go with some unnecessary eternalism hand wave like they already did with Revenant. Lore simply isn't an issue with priming Xaku.

Edited by trst
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, PollexMessier said:

She got done-in by a fat grineer in a jet-diaper who's job was to slave-drive children, and needed help from said children to even beat him. Compared to Atlas one-punch-maning a meteor, or Gara Soloing a mountain sized sentient, she's pathetic. Any other frame would have decapitated that dude before he even knew what was happening.

It's a comic, how accurate this story is or if it even is real is anyone's guess, it was either made that way as a way to inspire people or maybe she wasn't really defeated and just wanted the kids to stand up against their oppressor, I mean she literally kills him effortlessly, something that she definitely could've done from the start.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

You do remember they slammed a 5 ton I-beam into their own nuts while flipping off the majority of their playerbase at the same time with the way they handled mag and frost heirloom, just to get that sweet sweet fomo whale semen cash, right?

Which they did rectify to what extent they could.

7 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

What probably happened, is they have no idea how to handle Xaku without breaking cannon because a prime of them can't logically exist

While true, it's pretty easy for them to tweak lore however they so choose, especially since Revenant Prime shouldn't logically exist either and yet we already have that.  I'm still more convinced that the biggest snag for a Xaku Prime was in its design and how it should be handled.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Lilliena said:

Kinda angry that they screw female frames again. They bring out too many male stuff... maybe i should just quit... screwing us with a pregnant frame... and now they don't even give us the prime pattern they always used......

What are you talking about? there were years and years of warframe where the only cool and fun frames were all female. now there are finally some contenders while still pumping out strong female frames and skins