The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atomicycle VS Kaithe

i know eventually Atomicycle will make its way to the global build. And then we'll have the race between a sport bike of i don't know how much Horse power it has, and a flying horse. If the 2 to do a race in the Orb Valis circuit, which one gonna win? let's just say, flying is disabled, ground only.

I mean just going off gameplay demonstration, Atomicycle appears to go much faster, but that could potentially be certain visual effects, (sort of how with Gauss they change the field of view and add a screen effect and sound effect to help convey great speed, effectively enhancing it). Still seems faster though. 

That being said, Horses usually actually have much more Horsepower than 1, but it also depends what they are doing and other variables. the measurement, well thats its own complicated thing, well, depending on how complicated you want to make it, simple version is imperial horsepower, around 745.7 watts, and metric horsepower, which is round 735.5 watts. So if Titania in 4 is riding it, more horse power, but if its Grendel or Hildryn... Then you have to consider the fashion. Some Warframes have sharp codpieces, butts look like literal lava, some have spikes everywhere, some weird energy output, so this could potentially make the Kaithe move faster, but it also may catch on fire and burn across the finish line and die. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, (PSN)ATreidezz said:

i know eventually Atomicycle will make its way to the global build. And then we'll have the race between a sport bike of i don't know how much Horse power it has, and a flying horse. If the 2 to do a race in the Orb Valis circuit, which one gonna win? let's just say, flying is disabled, ground only.

Kates aren't supposed to be "the fastest". They limit Kate's speed so there is some Kate's combat. Atomicycles seems like "go from A to B fast" kind of thing. We haven't seen any gameplay other than previously mentioned traversal.

If flying is disabled, then that defeats the point of using Kaithes in the first place. Kaithes are alt-universe archwings, and Atomocycles are alt-universe K-Drives.

• Like 3

I'm sure it's not out of equation to plug some archwing wings to the Atomicycle to make them fly in our timeline

(it would make use of the so-called modular archwings that were shown years ago to finally be discarded unceremoniously)

Well the motorbike has 220HP and is based on a v4 Ducati with an extra 10HP thrown in, it'd reach something like mid 300kmph depending on weight.

You can sort of see it here.

Edited by L3512

Atomicycles for sure.

They seem to have learned their lesson from K-Drives and Kaithes and made Atomicycle a blend of both.

Judging from gameplay it has taken the better terrestrial navigation of Kaithes, the combat ability and versatility of K-Drives, and added in a brake slide/drift/sharp turn feature (praise the void) for measure. 

I just hope they keep Archwing/ flying out. 

In Duviri it made sense, but once we can fly the entire map, enemies, becomes trivial and the mode goes from immersive to being so fast that the question: "why can't I just teleport to the objective/location" gains legitimacy. 

I knows it's an extremely hot take/ very unpopular, but I still feel like Archwings were a mistake in Plains of Eidolon, Orb Vallis, and Deimos. 

Edited by Aerikx
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Chewarette said:

I'm sure it's not out of equation to plug some archwing wings to the Atomicycle to make them fly in our timeline

Pretty easy way of making an Atomicycle fly.  It's this wonderful thing called "a cliff".

I'm all for the Atomicycle since unlike my Kaithe, I'm fairly positive I won't have to make it go by hitting the controls while yelling at the monitor.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, (PSN)ATreidezz said:

"Delivering 220hp at over 12,500 RPM, the MK III also delivers a torque of 90.6 lb-ft @ 11,000 rpm." so theres your horsepower

7 hours ago, Aerikx said:

I knows it's an extremely hot take/ very unpopular, but I still feel like Archwings were a mistake in Plains of Eidolon, Orb Vallis, and Deimos. 

Not only were they a mistake DE knew it was and still opted out of the solution they planned for OV. Originally Archwings would have been unusable during Cold weather cycles there. Instead we got the same issue as usual and the weather system is effectively unused still.