The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Removing bullet jump and parkour from 1999 (Just an idea)

14 hours ago, _Eclips3_ said:

Haven't played it yet, to be fair, bringing Dark Sector to the game would be pretty cool, it could be like a connection between their 2 games that bridges them together. Wouldn't mind if they delayed it till next December if they changed their mind and went with that idea instead.

In fact no. Dark Sector died, and was never successful to begin with, likely because it had tons of flaws. So why bringing it now into Warframe, just to ship on Warframe's success to show their first tentative ? Then what, one dev tried to make a Tetris game 25 years ago, so next update will be us stacking Infested together to make them disappear ?

I don't see how bringing a failed game into a successful one could somehow be a good idea.

Edited by Chewarette
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Drachnyn said:

Kahl was so universally disliked that DE acknowledged it and moved the shard elsewhere

Thank god for new management. Because you know that if Steve was still in here, he'd do an Ash and Oberon and then slap Loki's Mag's and Rhino's part into Kahl missions to 'encourage' us to play it like they did to try and inflate Railjack's numbers. 

15 hours ago, _Eclips3_ said:

So, when watching the 1999 demo, the person playing doesn't really spam CRTL+Space and bounce off the walls and hover in the air like a helicopter every 5 seconds like most players do and it looks a lot more natural. If anything, it looks really weird when they bullet jump. Would be good to introduce Stamina or just limit movement a bit in 1999 considering you're playing as human-Proto Frames which I guess are less alien and are slightly weaker than full on infested Warframe suits. Personally, having a proto-frame bullet-jump and fly around the map seems a bit off, it'd make more sense making 1999 more boots on the ground. It'll make the mode actually stand out. Was thinking Khal bounty type movement.

Opinions?

No.

Not only am I saying no, because I hate this idea, but also because there is zero chance of it happening.

• Like 4

Serious and honest question here:
If you don't want to bullet jump and stuff in the upcoming game mode, what is forcing you?

How about, and this is a crazy idea, you don't bullet jump and such since you're against the idea, and you let other people play the game like they want to and no one steps on each others toes?
You could even find like minded people to play the game mode with and have a squad full of people not bullet jumping around.

Or is your idea only good if you can force it on everyone else at the same time for zero benefit?

Oh and it's funny you bring up Kahl, because in missions where you needed to move quickly you had a very janky movement of "spam shift to dodge which was slightly faster than just running" or "do these series of very short jumpack hops for increased speed".
Do you want to turn the new game mode into "constantly roll and butt slide non-stop for a speed boost!"
Because I can tell you the number one thing that was the movement tech in this game before we had parkour and bullet jumping and such: "Run 5 feet, then butt slide to regain stamina, then run 5 more feet and repeat endlessly until the mission is over"
So if you want to see a bunch of people sliding over maps like dogs dragging their butts on carpets then ask for no parkour.....

Edited by Tsukinoki
  • Like 7

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Tsukinoki:

Oh and it's funny you bring up Kahl, because in missions where you needed to move quickly you had a very janky movement of "spam shift to dodge which was slightly faster than just running" or "do these series of very short jumpack hops for increased speed".
Do you want to turn the new game mode into "constantly roll and butt slide non-stop for a speed boost!"
Because I can tell you the number one thing that was the movement tech in this game before we had parkour and bullet jumping and such: "Run 5 feet, then butt slide to regain stamina, then run 5 more feet and repeat endlessly until the mission is over"
So if you want to see a bunch of people sliding over maps like dogs dragging their butts on carpets then ask for no parkour.....

100% true, movement tech in non-bullet jump situations looks much dumber across the board.

• Like 6

I don't agree but I can see where you're coming from. But I admit it's got to do with my personal taste- I just personally don't like the idea of playing normal ass humans in Warframe.

My ideal version of 1999 would involve coming up with a new parkour system that retains the sense of speed people love but still feel distinct from Warframes. I'd bet there are ways to make protoframes feel more "realistic" or "human" than removing bullet jumps or going the barebones Kahl direction- real people can combat roll and parkour off walls, after all.

For example adding "stickiness" to fast animation cancels used for instant bullet jump/slide direction changes would involve relatively small number changes but result in noticeable difference for players and how the protoframes feel compared to Warframes. I've lived through 1999- when we had glossy and fantastical visions of the digital but were very far away from having the tech to realize them. Things should feel awkward and sticky and more analog imo.

Edited by BansheeAndZephyrMarried
  • Like 1

While i can understand the OP ask , I don't think that it is really needed.

It also has to be put into context , 

"Core" warframe is a corridor shooter most of the time , despite having amazing mobility there are a lot of sharp turns , doors , walls , roofs where you are moving through a mostly flat maze.

1999 seems to be more of a city , a bit more verticality and actual space to take full advantage of warframes Parkour.

It would be a real shame to have such a sandbox and not be able to play in it to its potential.

• Like 2

While I generally dislike the way parkour 2.0 looks, I have to agree that without providing an equally convenient alternative for horizontal and vertical movement, a more boring warfame will result. 

5 hours ago, Chewarette said:

In fact no. Dark Sector died, and was never successful to begin with, likely because it had tons of flaws. So why bringing it now into Warframe, just to ship on Warframe's success to show their first tentative ? Then what, one dev tried to make a Tetris game 25 years ago, so next update will be us stacking Infested together to make them disappear ?

I don't see how bringing a failed game into a successful one could somehow be a good idea.

Pretty sure this update is a homage to dark sector. De didn't make Tetris so no idea why they'd add it. To be fair though, we do have Mortal Kombat in Warframe so could add a Tetris mode to the orbiter.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, _Eclips3_ said:

I don't mean remove it from the whole game, just for Proto-frames.

Oh it that case then I'd settle for a choice in the settings to disable Bullet Jumping.

It'd be kinda cool to see how players can move around without the use of Bulletjump and have to rely on climbing (or wall jumping) up to things.

• Like 2

On 2024-07-25 at 12:23 PM, OniDax said:

I don't want DE to get rid of bullet jumping/aim gliding, but I would like to see core Warframe walking/running/sprinting animations to be improved to COD's level of quality.

They'd need to do some work to get it to COD levels and keep both types of movement.

On 2024-07-28 at 8:35 AM, Slayer-. said:

They'd need to do some work to get it to COD levels and keep both types of movement.

No, they really wouldn't need to do a lot of work to keep both types of movement, because it's not a different type of movement. Without bullet jumping and aim gliding, Warframe movement is basically just a worse animated version of the movement you get in COD. The main differences are how the camera works and the lack of prone in Warframe. And Warframe has mods to make the movement much faster.

COD has running, sprinting, sliding, jumping, and aiming. That's all the ingredients you need for bullet jumping and aim gliding in Warframe. If COD wanted to have bullet jumping and aim gliding, they could absolutely implement it without any change to their current movement system.

Edited by OniDax

I hear you bro. I understand your idea and I totally agree, that bullet jumping is not very suitable way to move for a PEOPLE in costumes. THAT'S WHY I think, that would be great if we had a new movement system for 1999 (maybe even more great than original).

And we could discuss it here, but unfortunately, this thread is full of dumbasses, who are not able to think of something new and instead can only whine about how bad Kahl mission and Duviri. That's so stupid.

we've already been through this multiple times with things like kahl, and warframe it self used to have a stamina system that the community hated enough for it to be removed(they tried multiple times to reintroduce stamina, but community outcry stopped it).

if you want to create an entirely brand new game with horrendously slow movement speed and stamina where u can only sprint for 0.1 seconds and then ur huffing and puffing for 30 minutes go right ahead, but it will never work with the warframe game.

back in the olden times around when warframe first released almost every single game seemed to love stamina systems, i hated them then and still do today.

stamina is a garbage system that limits players movement for some arbitrary reason. and don't even try to claim its for realism in video games. if i want realism i'll get off my butt and walk outside.

Edited by latetier
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, latetier said:

removed(they tried multiple times to reintroduce stamina, but community outcry stopped it).

I'm frankly surprised that Necramechs still have Stamina. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Storne22 said:

that would be great if we had a new movement system for 1999 (maybe even more great than original).

And we could discuss it here, but unfortunately, this thread is full of dumbasses, who are not able to think of something new and instead can only whine about how bad Kahl mission and Duviri. That's so stupid.

I'm sorry, but maybe if the OP had at any point mentioned that they wanted a different "better" movement system, then people would have discussed that.

But the OP didn't.

In fact the only thing that the OP said about 1999 is that they wanted a "more grounded" movement system...which to most people means a no-frills bog-standard movement system a la COD/Battlefield/Etc.

And the OP has done absolutely nothing to correct people or to state "They could replace it with a new movement system with x, y, and z instead of bullet jumping and parkour....".  But no, the OP has just stated they don't want bullet jumping and they don't want parkour.  And we conveniently have 2 modes in the game that don't have either.

So the thread is discussing what the OP brings up, since the OP hasn't really given any input, namely that it would be warframe but without parkour or bullet jumping, and instead just standard single jumps, sprinting and stamina and nothing else.

• Like 8

On 2024-07-24 at 9:18 PM, Waeleto said:

I'd love to see the statistics on how many players play Kahl missions after it lost the shard or how many play Duviri after they got all incarnons

5% or less as far as khal is concerned. And im being GENEROUS. With that.

Incsrnons still being somewhat high as not everyone has the ones they want.

But now. Khal has no goodies to make ppl come back. Once you got it leveled up fot the mods. Unless u want something. Its a dead system.

And to OP. Heck no. Dont touch bulletjumps for the love of CLEM.

Dont make stuff unfun for the sake of realism. P-L-E-A-S-E.

• Like 3

As much as I know you wish to have the Old stamina bar for that very old Warframe vibe, but when gameplay removes how Warframe plays as we know it now, it really just spell disaster.

• Like 1

En 25/7/2024 a las 11:20, _Eclips3_ dijo:

Pretty sure this update is a homage to dark sector

hmm no.

En 28/7/2024 a las 20:00, Storne22 dijo:

I hear you bro. I understand your idea and I totally agree, that bullet jumping is not very suitable way to move for a PEOPLE in costumes. THAT'S WHY I think, that would be great if we had a new movement system for 1999 (maybe even more great than original).

ppl in costumes? lol?

hace 43 minutos, TARINunit9 dijo:

Does anyone remember if you can bullet-jump during the two minute Arthur segment during Whisper In The Walls?

You can in effect.

Edited by CosoMalvadoNG