Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lucky catch is a lot worse than Charm, change my mind!

_Anise_

Lucky Catch

Chance (around 10%) to receive double the amount from credit and resource pickups.

So, the way I understand with the new mod most the time you're going to run into a loot pile and see something like:

• 6 Oxium
  • 4 Control Modules
  • 1 Nav Coordinate x2 ⬅️(catch)
  • 2 Steel Essence

I understand the reasoning behind not wanting players to 'stand around' waiting for a loot buff to happen before collecting, and I never really did that. But, I often have the Smeeta buff activate at least once per mission, giving me a 156-second window (with Tek Enhance) to have an Acolyte spawn, be killed, and double my Steel Essence.

Doing some rough math, I estimate that the Smeeta Charm buff, without 'gaming the buff,' would roughly align with an Acolyte kill to get double essence about once every four missions, it also had the rare possibility to stack with itself multiple times, providing more than a 2x bonus!

Realistically With Lucky Catch, the chances of having the double loot align with your Steel Essence drop are quite low. Based on the math, it would take about 30 runs to achieve a 95% chance of the loot buff doubling your Acolyte loot, and around 45 to 50 runs for approximately a 99% chance to see your essence doubled once from an Acolyte kill.

In comparison, Lucky Catch seems to be significantly worse than Smeeta Charm,

change my mind!

Edited by _Anise_
  • Like 9

10 минут назад, .Fire_Fly. сказал:

probably not a popular opinion but i don't even use smeeta i find the abilitie to be pretty useless

4 минуты назад, (PSN)Cephalon_Scarlet сказал:

Its not a nerf if it renders everything else worth using imo.  And by that i mean every other companions

Absolutely agreed.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, (PSN)Cephalon_Scarlet said:

Isn't lucky catch equippable on every other companions though? Why cry about a mod when you can play a wide range of companions with the said mod and not have to resort to just one companion?

Because this will never happen again:

Spoiler

Hkf8DLr.png

27 minutes ago, (PSN)Cephalon_Scarlet said:

Smeeta was for level cap try-hard farmers anyways.

And would be wrong. Getting x4/x8/x16 buffs occasionally and being able to see when you'll get more loot, instead of relying on 13% per pick-up, was much better.

Also, "try-hard farmers" are players too. Their playstyle matters to them as yours to you, so being upset is more than justifiable.

Edited by FulfillMyWill
  • Like 11

Just now, PristineCore said:

Smeeta Kavat resource buff are 2.8% in total calculation while the new mod are 10%, how this is worse ?

Because despite claims to the contrary, they are gaming the current system by not picking drops till the smeeta rolls the 2,8% (or even wait longer for a double stack)
The new mod is superior unless you are following that strategy to focus-farm specific drops

• Like 5

Smeeta was a popular tool in AFK farming. One time I waited, waited, waited... and waited... and waited for a Smeeta resource buff before picking up Argon. It's brainded, if you ask me. That doesn't mean Smeeta buffs should be 100% guaranteed. One can still AFK farm, just shouldn't expect to reap ALL the max bonus benefits ALL the time. However, there should be a short notification about incoming buff, so that you can actually use it, then back to playing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PristineCore said:

Smeeta Kavat Resource buff are 2.8% in total Calculation while the new mod around 10%, how this is worse ?

Easy - not all resources are made equal, I have no reason to care about 99% of the crap that wasn't doubled while Charm wasn't active. Charm lasted for over 2 minutes and you had control over what you pick up in that timeframe. For something like arbitration or steel path you could easily double most of your important drops in the run, maybe even quadruple some of them, just by being smart about when you pick things up. The new mods will only ever average out to 13%/18% more essence over a long enough time.

For something like Profit Taker credits which happens in a short mission sure, I guess you could say no longer being able to stack in return for more consistency is a more less equal tradeoff. But for long mission special resources it's a gargantuan nerf.

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, FulfillMyWill said:

Because this will never happen again:

Reveal hidden contents

Hkf8DLr.png

And would be wrong. Getting x4/x8/x16 buffs occasionally and being able to see when you'll get more loot, instead of relying on 13% per pick-up, was much better.

Also, "try-hard farmers" are players too. Their playstyle matters to them as yours to you, so being upset is more than justifiable.

You get that with a really low chance of it happening or you just sit there waiting for it, which is silly and the reason why they even made this change.

For the average person just going through the mission the new version is better especially since you can use it on a better pet

• Like 6

charm buff has a very low chance of activating due to multiple layers of rng but when it does provides a very large boost to the amount of resources u get while the buff lasts, loyal retriever has no extra rng attached to it and will always just have a 13% chance of doubling any resource u pick up. Its the consistency that evens the playing field, plus theres actully going to be another similar mod added at the same time that has an 18% chance to double resource pickups but at the cost of never being able to double creds making it even better. 

• Like 4

3 часа назад, (PSN)Cephalon_Scarlet сказал:

Это не ослабление, если оно делает всё остальное достойным использования, на мой взгляд. И под этим я подразумеваю всех остальных компаньонов

Developers of other games: Hmm, people choose this "sword" more often than others, let's raise the stats of the others so that they are on the same level

DE: Hmm, people choose this "sword" more often than others, so you probably need to nerf it, and those close to it, so that players have no other choice but to use all the remaining junk

🧐

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hanc0r said:

Developers of other games: Hmm, people choose this "sword" more often than others, let's raise the stats of the others so that they are on the same level

DE: Hmm, people choose this "sword" more often than others, so you probably need to nerf it, and those close to it, so that players have no other choice but to use all the remaining junk

🧐

Yet they're making this very useful mod usable on all companions, as well as make all pets universally stronger. Also you probably don't play many online games if you think what DE does isn't the usual method.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, C11H22O1 said:

For the average person just going through the mission the new version is better especially since you can use it on a better pet

It's only better for non-smeeta users. I view current Charm as providing 100% chance of x2 resources for >2mins which is also stackable with itself. You can clearly see when you'll get more resources and act accordingly.

The new mod will be just flat 13% with no control given to you to chose which resource amount gets doubled.

Edited by FulfillMyWill
  • Like 6

Yes, its worse in the sense of how some people, myself included could use Smeeta, based on my understanding too, but also, this was somewhat anticipated, and predicted, and gently implied from DE for a while. So depending on who you are, and how you assume, the changes are actually more interesting and less severe than they could have, or some were anticipating. Like they could have just straight up got rid of it, and in some ways, the way some people did use it, it is gone, maybe... (like the ability to potentially get 16 Crisma Toroid and 64 SE), but that was, the sort of thing, I think they were targeting to get rid of. I think to them, no only does it encourage the sort of gameplay they don't want, I sort of assume, they also don't like how it affects the games in other ways. It can sort of throw certain things out of wack. Pretty sure this is also why we have only gotten like 2 Resource Booster weekends in the last 4 years, when we use to get them a bit more frequently. 

Personally, whilst I am sad to see the change, I think their adjustments were relatively decent and creative, and not nearly as harsh (but that could have just been because I thought they would be harsher). 

• Like 4

As fair as I know Lucky catch only affects dropped loot, so you won't be seeing double loot from kuva harvesters during kuva survival or any other kuva mission?

One end I'm glad we don't have to be tied down to our Smeetas for literally everything (it still has it's affinity buff and that buff is now a 3x buff instead of a 2x so it's still really good for leveling), on the other i'm sad that farming resources will be more difficult. I just sorta wish resource drops as a whole were slightly buffed in terms of drop rates and dropped amount (as well as mission resources like Kuva) to make up for the lack of being able to get quadruple or 8x resource buffs from Smeeta?

• Like 3

6 часов назад, _Anise_ сказал:

Итак, насколько я понимаю, с новым модом в большинстве случаев вы столкнетесь с кучей добычи и увидите что-то вроде:

• 6 Оксиум
  • 4 Модули управления
  • 1 Навигационная координата х2 ⬅️ (уловить)
  • 2 Стальная эссенция

Я понимаю причину, по которой игроки не хотят, чтобы они «стояли рядом» в ожидании усиления добычи перед тем, как собрать, но я никогда этого не делал. Но я часто заставляю бафф Смиты активироваться хотя бы раз за миссию, что дает мне 156-секундное окно (с Tek Enhance), чтобы Послушник появился, был убит и удвоил свою стальную эссенцию.

Проведя некоторые грубые расчеты, я прикидываю, что бафф Smeeta Charm, без «игры с баффом», примерно соответствует убийству Послушника, чтобы получить двойную эссенцию примерно раз в четыре миссии, у него также была редкая возможность суммироваться с самим собой несколько раз, обеспечивая более чем 2-кратный бонус!

На самом деле, с Lucky Catch шансы на то, что двойная добыча совпадет с выпадением Стальной эссенции, довольно низки. Исходя из математических расчетов, потребуется около 30 пробежек, чтобы достичь 95% шанса, что бафф добычи удвоит вашу добычу Послушника, и около 45-50 пробежек, чтобы примерно 99% шанс увидеть, как ваша сущность удвоится после убийства Послушника.

Для сравнения, Lucky Catch кажется значительно хуже, чем Smeeta Charm,

Измените мое мнение!

К сожалению реальность такова как вы описали и мы не в силах повлиять на нерф смиты( 

• Like 1