March 13Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Drew

Community Hot Topics  

3,234 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

AFK system needs to just be a vote to kick system. Current one is just not helping anyone out.

Frost? really? Who is having problems/ complaining about Frost? *sigh* I guess all i want is a Frost passive that makes him immune to everything cold :)

but that's just a dream in a cloud.

Ah sniper rifles, oh how i love sniper rifles. If only warframe loved sniper rifles as much as i do. :(

I guess the biggest thing that would help snipers out is red crits and a place to use them effectively.

If you're playing Solo, you can pause by hitting ESC. If it still marks you even when paused, that's a bug we can look into. 

Just seeing this now. I do know I can pause. I normally play solo and will pause. Just my friends I play with all have babies and wives, so it's hard to be like "boys, um do something with your kid"

Thank you for the tip tho man!

Sniper Rifles
Sniper rifles are a minority in the primary weapon slot, but they frequently become hot topics in the community. This week, we’ll cover them the same way we’ve covered other weapon groups in previous Community Hot Topic threads. What changes would you make to Sniper Rifles, if any? Do you think they fit as a primary weapon? Would you change their ammo drops at all? How often do you use sniper rifles? Is there a change that would make you use them more? Answer the polls and post your thoughts/comments on Sniper Rifles in this thread or in the source threads below. 

Sniper Rifles
Can we please have Bolt action snipers which do tons of damage but only shoot once every 2 secs the farther you shoot from the more the damage it does, Explosive rounds sniper which on contact with target cause them to explode. I am usually a sniper class in most games, one shot sniper and really want to see some very beautiful looking futuristic sniper rifles, some sniper can have advance scope mechanism from which u can see enemies though wall(x ray) shoot through thick walls, advance real time enemy interface sniper when scoped would lay out the enemy movement set path for your sniper bullet , once the trigger is pulled the bullet will pierce through one enemy  and seek the next and so on, until it has killed at least 10 enemies no matter if they are all around you(limitation is the distance).

Can we also look into the factor that Syonid Gammacor is 4x times better then Boltor/Soma prime and also have passives making it the best weapon in game, no MR restriction, able to get it very cheap unlike any other weapon. In other words Prime weapons need to get a damage buff or add a default passive to each prime primary weapon(this might not be the best place to talk about it, and if this is the case my deepest apologies).

So voted.

Two minutes for AFK sounds reasonable.

Energy restriction on AFK.

Avalanche needs a rework more than freeze.

Capture the Cephalon could be worthwhile...if the PvP syndicate offers things worth my time.

And in Warframe spray'n'pray usually wins out over the heavy firearms, which leaves snipers in last place.

AFK Timer:

Currently the problem DE is a tempting to prevent is bad player behavior (Macro Farming) or the abuse of game play mechanics.

Problem: With the current implementation of the AFK system they are inadvertently hitting many players who use legitimate tactics for efficiency.

Example: Endless Tower 4 Defense Mission when i am playing my Frost past wave 35 or so i end up casting Snow Globe every 4 seconds (for the invulnerability)  to protect my team. This tactic means i cant move much at all because of the higher rate of casting, So if I am shooting and casting this leaves no time to actually move around to meet the anti-afk.

Solution: Add some conditions to the AFK code so that if someone score a kill/damage with a Primary/Secondary/Melee or non-radial ability (White List - Any ability that requires player aiming - Smite/Shock/Fireball/Antimatter Drop/Ballistic Battery/Ect...) they will not be flagged as AFK because they are obviously interacting with the environment. In addition to this push the auto AFK timer up to about 5 minutes the players that are going to abuse the system are going to get cough by setting it at 5 minutes however far less people who are legitimately going AFK will get punished.

Edited by Valar.Morghulis

Frost is my favorite Warframe by far.

Frost just needs...
1) to be faster, he is to damn slow, if he was faster i would play him even more.
2) to have a proto-skin, more cosmetics 
3) an emote that lets you throw snowballs at other players or make a snow man. :D

Frost Abilities 
Snow Globe: it would be great if the snow globe was mobile.
Freeze: Ice beam anyone, or he can throw a giant ice sickle and pin people to the wall with it. 
Avalanche: is great but just need to do more damage on higher levels
Icewave: is good for the most part. 

cheers

İ am  a full time sniper rifle user , i am using vectis and high rpm dual pistolds for second. Sniper rifles lacks of rpm as expected but they need dpr, mod can make a very powerfull sniper rifle but common mods are useless you need rare or nightmare mods for really powerfull sniper rifle ... opticor is in state of sniper rifle. Sniper rifles must be like opticor of course not splash damage etc but with good punching high crit and penetration! İ am using penetration for my vectis and in defence games  i can kill 7-8 enemies in one shot or when they behind of wall or etc i am only aiming to wall  its really good think..... SO make sniper rifles like real life anti material rifles heavy slow powerfull lack of rpm.  

If you're playing Solo, you can pause by hitting ESC. If it still marks you even when paused, that's a bug we can look into. 

Tested, was unable to reproduce.

(Sorry for the lack of audio, Handbrake's latest version broke audio track importing on >4GB files and I just now caught it.)

3:05 to 9:05 in the video time is where I went AFK, so there was plenty of time for the timer to kick in... but I got the missions' credit reward at the end.

(Start: 2,565,221)

Credits: 254

Bonus: 1,000

(End: 2,566,475)

Snipers need more than just the damage buffs they got in that update, they need utility desperately. A sniper rifle can do 100,000 damage per shot, but it wont matter when you have 99/100 targets rushing your position and it takes forever to fire the next shot and even longer to reload.  That's why people are far more willing to take a bow with them into tougher content because it has the utility of mowing down a group of targets in a line coupled with high damage. Snipers can only drop 1 target at a time without sacrificing potential damage to give it a punch through mod. 

Can we get an an AFK option "The afk protection does more harm to thousands of legit players than it helps defeat those huge amounts of  AFK exploiters ( 1 in 10000s ) ..." instead of the fake reply "shorter, longer timer" of a broken system. And you might want to stop ambushing in a wrong direction once you realize that no one - absolutly no one benefits from an mislead idea.

Can we get an actual system notification in this game before the game takes us out of missions out of a sudden and / or steals our rewards without a warning so that innocent players at least have a chance to react ( as if bugs wouldnt steal enough loot from us already now you even do it on purpose ?

What was that last update for - "no updates till U16" but you felt that breaking the afk system even more was urgent enough to force this update ?

Edit : In 1700+ hours played mostly PUGs I didnt come across a single AFK player. Thanks for punishing all players to defeat that 0 traitors. I suppose around the time of the Vivergate debacle you got the order to put failsafe systems in place so that no one may be able to exploit this game ever again. However please do it in a way that does not harm so many player's in game experience.

Edited by AdFinitum

Here's my 2 cents.

For the AFK system, I think 2 minutes is too short to determine if the player is AFK. 5 minutes would be more acceptable time to determine it. As for the AFK player's share, I think they should be able to have some energy just in case the player comes back and helps the team.

As for Frost, he definitely fulfills the niche as a utility tank in the game thanks to his Snow Globe and his slowing abilities. However, I do think his Ice Wave can be buffed. In my opinion, the augment Ice Wave Impedance should be already be included to the normal Ice Wave. Other than that, Freeze could use a speed boost in the projectile.

For Sniper rifles, I think that they fulfill their niche as a single, high damage rifle. However, with many hoards of enemies coming at you, a sniper rifle isn't that great since a player can only take down one enemy one at a time. Nullifiers just make the problem worse as they require a lot of shots to take down an enemy. And, I prefer Bows over Snipers when it comes to damage per shot. That doesn't mean that Snipers should not be in the game as they are great at taking down heavies.

@ 7Grims.  I have to honestly ask you how long have you been playing this game.  How many nerfs do you want Trinity to get.  1. No more God mode, 2.  No more full damage mitigation.  3.  1/2 her ticks gone.  Armor already at 15.  4. ratios already been dropped.  5. No more free targeting, no more boss targeting.  So what is left to nerf??  Please don't get mad if your getting outplayed..

Honestly, I don't see sniper rifles as a viable weapon type in this game and I really wish that wasn't the case. There aren't many situations that call for extreme range, they're generally too slow for most situations (Lanka doubly so. Come on, a Charge Mechanic AND a really slow projectile? Thought it was suppose to be a Rail Gun, which means it should be faster than Hit Scan, though logically I know that's impossible with the game mechanics. There's no reason to use it over a Bow since you can't hit anything at range with the thing anyway with that infernal projectile, which acts the same way, fires faster and does more damage...), and they are just plain awkward to use while moving, which goes back to issue number one of there being no really long range situations. Only a few maps really have rooms with huge rooms and most of the regular rifles fire are usually better suited for the size rooms available in most maps.

Edited by Ceryk

I love snipers in this game but they need a lot of work done to make them good. As someone who has formad my Lanka, snipetron vandal, and my vectis 5 times I can say that all snipers in this game are weak and completely outclassed by every bow but the cernos. The snipers should be the Kings of killing at extreme range. My main example for their weakness is the current best sniper the Lanka. On paper it's great, massive critical damage, innate punch through, and base electrical damage. But for all of its epicness it's hindered through having a bullet travel time. WHICH IT SHOULDN'T EVEN F#@%ING HAVE. DE I love you guys but man if you knew anything about the 'magnetic induction' that the lanka uses to propel it's projectiles you would know that it having travel time is complete bs. Anyone taking college physics could tell you that it (being the projectile) would actually be moving faster than the bullets fired by chemical means (aka gunpowder). Sorry for the rant but I love warframe and I love my Lanka. I just want the sniper rifles to be a respectable class of weapon because as of right now they are considered a joke and a poor substitute for a parris prime or dread and are only sought out by those seeking higher mastery rank.

Played an interception mission. While I was loading, I was killed at the start and when I got revived by friends all went well, except that I didnt get a reward for the first wave.

Radical solution: remove the afk reward punishment and just make it so afk players get kicked.

Then you'll get kicked next time :)

Edited by Jinryusai

AFK system: I think that this is fair idea but a bit short timer. Probably somewhere between 3.5-4.5 minutes should be better. 
Also the idea that once game marks the person as afk it should ask other players to kick him.

Also good idea would be to warn you that you are about to be marked as AFK 20-30 seconds prior of doing so.

Frost: Frost is fine to a degree. I personally do not like 2 of his abilities: Freeze and Avalanche.
Freeze it simply does not do much. Ok it freezes stuff but as soon as you try to tickle them they unfreeze. If it would affect larger area, for example like Hydroid tempest barrage it would be more useful.
Avalanche: Same issue, it does not do enough. Cold damage is not that effective by itself. And the damage itself is meh.
Okay scratch the damage, frost is not about the damage anyways. The initial freeze is good but it is short lived. I don't know add a guaranteed cold proc on hit targets or something, it would have some sort of CC this way.

Sniper rifles: They should be treated same way as bows or similar. 
Snipers are a precision weapon and you better kill what you are shooting. Crit chance and Crit damage buff would do nice, Alternative raw damage buff will do as well. Ammo? Snipers do not need a lot of ammo. If you are running sniper make sure you have a back-up secondary.

P.S. Speaking of frame buffs. Mag and Volt should have some love too.

Edited by Grayscale_Lord

Even though sniping can be fun in the void with a Nova Prime, I would really love to see some bigger and more open mobile defence or defense maps.

We currently have 1-2 corpus maps that fulfill this roll. The one with the bridges, defense and interception, and the pod defense one with the large tower and ziplines.

AFK: afk fine with clanmates, but its really disrespectful on pub party, just add a vote kick option, no need to add some timer

Frost (Rework):

Glacial Spike: frost will be able to use the water vapor in the air and conjure a frozen spike that will crash into the target, it might freeze or slow them

Frost Armor: frost can use a protective armor that will reduce incoming damage, also slow and freezes who ever attack him on melee range, frost can cast this on his allies but it will remove half of there shields.(good for melee ninja, and noobies, LOL)

Snow Globe: will stay

Sub Zero: frost ultimate skill, he can reduce the atmosphere temperature to subzero status, turning a wide area of tileset unto an icy world... Subzero will augment  glacial spike instead of conjuring spike from the air, frost glacial spike will now be summon on the icy tileset, with a larger aoe, spike will now impale targets, making them helpless.

Sniper Rifle: the game is just fast, too fast for sniper rifles, before you can aim, your teammate probably clear the whole room with 1 miasma from saryn. sniper rifles are support weapon, they are spotter, pls try to make a new game mode that will utilize the effectiveness of the snipers.

Edited by vashyoung

Sniper Rifle: the game is just fast, too fast for sniper rifles, before you can aim, your teammate probably clear the whole room with 1 miasma from saryn. sniper rifles are support weapon, they are spotter, pls try to make a new game mode that will utilize the effectiveness of the snipers.

It is not a game mode problem, it is a map/tile-set issue. 90% of areas are too closed.

There only a few tiles which are fit to sniping. Corpus defense on Ice tile-set, and corpus outpost (2 maps). Grineer asteroid Defence.

There is also a very nice room in the Grinneer galleon tile-set. The one where we need to destroy a mining machine. Would be nice to have it slightly modified for Defence or/and Interception.

Do you think 2 minutes is a fair amount of time to determine if a player is AFK?

Yes, 2 minutes is perfect.

But remember, that sometimes people need to deal with IRL things that can't wait.

Like, feed a baby, use the bathroom, answer the phone ect.

Now yes, people do, do nothing, and just ride on everyone else's backs,

but you shouldn't punish everyone for what a few do.

A voting system  at the end would help a bit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do you think AFK players should have their energy and/or rewards restricted?

Yes to rewards.

But let them keep what they picked up before going AFK.

And if they come back let the restriction be undo-able.

Also, what do you mean "Energy"?

Like, energy use reduction?

That should never be a thing ever.

In your opinion, which Frost abilities need a revision? (can choose more than one)

Freeze

It's pretty useless IMO,

If you can cast it at anytime instead of having to aim strait at an enemy,

and made it explode on contact, then I would definitely be using it.

~~~~~

Ice Wave

Make it go out in a wave in front of you instead of a line.

Shooting 3-5 lines in a cone shape like \|/ or \\|// in front of you allowing it to hit more enemies.

~~~~~

Snow Globe

Give it a reflect damage effect, so enemies that shoot it take some damage,

and make it so enemies inside it take an amount of cold damage over time.

If it's cold enough to slow them, it should be cold enough to hurt them.

~~~~~

Avalanche

An augment mod that turns it into a AOE mod that stays at casting point for a short while,

essential turning it into a hail storm or similar effect.

How satisfied are you with Frost, overall?

Somewhat satisfied.

He is one of my top 5 favorite Warframes.

But the only abilities I use are snow globe for defence,

and avalanche when surrounded.

PvP players, what do you think of the Capture the Cephalon game mode, so far?

No opinion on this topic

I haven't seen it yet, I imagine it's like Capture the Flag.

I like to fight others in a one on one fight, but that's about it.

In your opinion, how do sniper rifles compare to other weapon types, overall?

Overall, sniper rifles are roughly equal to other primary weapon types.

But there is only one worth using.

I would very much like Snipertron to come back, maybe with a damage buff.

How frequently do you use sniper rifles?

Rarely.

Sniper rifles tend to be my 2nd fave weapon in games with guns, (1st being pistols)

but the zoom in this game isn't great, and the stealth is even worse.

Would you like to see more sniper rifles added to the Warframe arsenal?

Yes, release a few more sniper rifles.

But don't make them all, 1 bullet, slow fire, kinds.

The L115A3 AWM is one of the best Sniper Rifle in the World.

It's a bolt action rifle with a clip of 5 rounds,

but it can be fired rapidly, and has little recoil making it fast and accurate.

It can use .300 Winchester Magnum and .338 Lapua Magnum rounds giving it good power.

It also has a effective range up to 1,400 meters, and has a great scope.

The AFK in this game is the most broken system I have seen in a while. It's more of a gimmick than a system used to legit punish players who deserve it and don't contribute to the team. It's unstable and noone is really sure how it works?

First of all you should state clear when the AFK system will trigger, for example via a chat message. Like if the energy restriction kicks in just display a message in the chat like "X has been away for 60 seconds." or even just "You have been away for 60 seconds" just like momframe loves to remind you that you have been playing for over an hour every damn time. 

Also just bluntly write what are the AFK limits and guidelines, especially with the energy nerf. Atm I don't know how long can I stand still before the system decides that I am probably away from my keyboard making a sandwich in the kitchen. My brother got marked after 40 sec during defense mission, other threads on forums state that it's 60sec? And how long it takes to regain "active" status? 2 minutes? 5?

I can deal with the current restrictions, and I'm sure other players too, but the uncertainty is what angers me the most.

All of this results in players flailing around like headless chickens because of the fear of getting flagged which can be both annoying and sabotage some legit strategies for survival in higher tier missions.

If you really want to leave this in, at least program it properly and give people warnings. Most favourable would be implementing a kick system that would allow other squad members to kick an AFK player after the displayed message. 

To be honest the only thing i have against the AFK timer is that it ignores the fact that you are casting and shooting to consider only moving.

While i do agree that the mehod is mildly effective against macro-afkers, there are two issues:

- only minor tweaks are required to keep using macros.

- some tactics (ie: Volt shield sniping in void defense, Nyx aggro-absorb to cover bailouts, Mesa peacemaker, Frost globecasting at high levels, etc) are screwed over. And these tactics are mostly not your average spam to win thing, but some broader strategies. I'd love to be able to set up behind the pod in void defense on the stairs, since you can suppress the whole map from there and you only need to move once every couple of minutes to pick up ammo.

I understand that this issue is delicate, but i think the non spawns are the better idea. Introuce a 1-min timer with vote to kick, remove the current timer. Obviously kicked players should be somewhat punished, like for instance with the mission failure rewards (hint: none but credits and base xp).

Stopping spawns entirely is a far better idea. It won't stop farmers but it WILL stop macroers, unless they can somehow program a smart macro tat can for instance locate excavators and cells and keep them fed (hint: no macro can do that).

For Frost, well, other than giving a health indicator of the globe (maybe like the damage counter for Nyx's absorb), his other skills need some love. Right now Frost has way too much damage and way too little CC. Some ideas:

- For freeze, either an area slowdown, or a single target freeze with no damage cap, or an armour debuff (shock freeze causes cracks ib metals for instance)

- ice wave should leave the slowing trail without the augment, or knockback the targets of the attack and create an ice wall that impedes movement of gound units that are forced to go around it

- avalanche imho makes no sense, it's a pure damage ability on a frame where pure damage abilities synergise very badly, so it'd be potentially more entailing to make it an area buff/debuff or an area CC/small DoT...

Snipers should be somewhat rebalanced... Maybe giving them a significant crit chance bonus on headshots? So that they would be decent on body shots but not as good as other primaries, but much better on headshots...

Hope the feedback is appreciated.

AFK If we are going to still be using an afk timer, then it should be an auto kick and replace that player with another.  If someone is afk they are a waste of a team slot, you wont give of vote kick but you will let said player waste a team slot.  I want them gone.

Frost Avalanche needs another review, could do with a damage boost and range boost.

PVP can't comment as I don't do conclave due to it not being balanced, but would consider this revamp if its really balanced.  But Facing Worlds, you have to make a version of it unless Epic hold the rights.  CTF is not CTF without Facing Worlds.

Snipers since the stealth update they have a use but limited to solo for stealth bonus during syndicate missions in my view, the only sniper I ever plan on using is the Opticor, imply as its more fun that any of the others