June 19Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Drew

Community Hot Topics  

2,093 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Movement - Default speed is fine, but sprint speed should be boosted. Coptering should be kept but balanced across all weapons to be the same distance travelled. Coptering should be used as an attack, not for mobility. With sprint speed boosted and parkour 2.0, hopefully coptering can be replaced. 

Spy - All mission types should be different (obviously). I like the fact that spy missions gravitate more towards solo play. For multiplayer runs, you could make it so that all members of the party must be in the room before the door can be unlocked, so all players attempt the same vault at once. This way, if a player purposely trips an alarm, the other players will have a fair chance at getting to the terminal in time. 

Completion - I completed the codex when it was first released, but with the addition of new enemies I have not and probably will not complete the rest. I will scan enemies if I come across them and if I remember I need them. I have completed all nodes and collected all normal warframes to try each one out. Prime warframes I only go after if I really like a specific frame. Weapons I only get it they seem fun to use. I mostly keep the same loadout of my favourite weapons. I used to level weapons for mastery by grinding nodes, however I grew bored of that very quickly. I don't really care for mastery rank anymore. Cosmetics I only get if they look cool or match the theme I am going for. Noggles I don't care for at all. In terms of having everything I want, I say I am content. I have a powerful main warframe that looks cool and has a good load out, as well as a few other frames/loadouts for certain situations like defense missions or stealth. I don't really feel the need for anything else. 

I understand that collection is a large part of Warframe, however I'd like so see more content in the form of unique missions, story, game modes, role playing elements, minigames, and other things to do outside of battle besides walk around relays and the liset. General fun and variety. 

Balance - Damage mods in general I would say are not balanced. They give such a huge damage increase that they are pretty much mandatory versus utility mods that give a very minimal bonus. Either lower the boost from all damage mods, or increase the effect of all utility mods (or both). Also, the difference between primary/secondary/melee base damage mods ie serration, hornet strike, pressure point, and the shotgun one. I think each should give the same %value at base and max level. Better yet, I'd say remove those mods completely and make weapon damage scale with weapon level (10% bonus at rank 1, 150% bonus at rank 30 for example), but that is a whole different topic. 

Parkour 2.0

I'm gonna miss Coptering; Dual Zoren was my first melee after Skana, and after I accidentally stumbled upon that effect, I was hooked.

It's been a part of my experience in the game so long, it'll feel like ripping off my own arm when it's gone.

But, I understand that it needs to go; as long as "fling" mechanics exist (since aerial melee is dev-sanctioned "flinging", I wonder where it fits...), travel skills and dev investments into parkour won't matter, and all non-Endless missions (particularly Deception and Sabotage) will continue to be a race to extraction.

... Although now I'm tempted to see an actual mission-type that's literally a frantic race to extraction. I think it'd be great if, after completing a Sabotage objective, whatever facility or ship we were in started completely falling apart (Indiana Jones-style!), forcing us to use our parkour skills to escape before the timer runs out. Something fast-paced and heart-pumping, always a narrow escape.

Balance

One thing that absolutely needs another look: Ability damage.

Since it's a long thread I just linked there, I'll quickly sum up: The main problem with abilities that deal direct-damage is that they don't hold up over time, since enemies have layers of resistances against single-damage types and there's an ever-increasing roster of units who resist or defy abilities (ie Nullifiers, Manics, etc). However, we have Warframes like Ember whose kits are wholly reliant on their ability damage, and expected to be useful into high levels due to a status proc with redundant methods of application across her kit - which can be supplied by weapons at no real loss. At best, it means half of the slots in that frame's kit are wasted as players spam the "best" damage skill (Miasma), at worst it means the frame is completely worthless past Level 20-30 enemies.

It needs a blanket change for these abilities to match the cost efficiency of weapon damage, else we'll continue to abandon such frames as more content (like Trials) is pushed out.

Additionally, I feel there's a solid gap between several weapons, creating "tiers" of what are the best and aren't.

Snipers are too slow for Warframe's fast-paced "zerg rush" combat and too accurate to hip-fire against nearby enemies. Shotgun falloff prevents them from being useful very far beyond melee range. Enemies like Nullifiers push us to focus on automatic, beam and burst firearms, which only adds onto the disappointment with single-shot snipers and shotguns.

Melee weapons can be built for several styles, but middle-of-the-pack weapons that don't have strong single-swing potential for Channeling builds or high critical chance and speed for Berserker builds tend to fall behind. Scythes in particular (bar Anku) have fallen behind since the loss of Charged attacks, while Daggers are generally far too slow and weak for upfront combat and too short for stealth play (which they should excel at).

Granted, there should be an expectation that an early-game weapon like Skana falls behind, but when you have things like Anku (which you can buy a blueprint for) being more powerful than Reaper Prime or Hate (which are considerably more difficult to obtain), it becomes puzzling. Personally I don't understand why recipes like Panthera require a Miter, rather than upgrading one of the several "early game"-balanced weapons.

Yes, Augments have attempted to fix both of the above categories... but Steve and Scott have said it's their goal to have all equipment be "endgame viable"; might be slight paraphrasing, but as I recall the plan was, if you picked up a starter and you really liked it, you could continue to use it in all content without diminishing, only growth as your skill and investment increases. Try presenting the Syndicate grindwall to a Rank 2 player who's really into Excalibur and Skana and wants their augments - unless they have a sugar daddy, it's intimidating.

Even if you've surpassed the grind, oftentimes just adding more mods won't do because you'll have no space for those mods. There's a reason why players ask for buffs to be baseline, rather than bandaged with mod extensions.

Besides, not all Augments are gems... some like Hallowed Eruption and Contagion Clouds try to solve the flat damage issue with more damage, while Fire Fright has no reason not to be baseline.

Also, Damage tables might need a look, particularly around the Infested. Not only is Gas damage completely worthless (it only has a bonus against Infested, but Toxic Ancients remove that bonus), but Infested have an entire damage type (Sinew) devoted to one boss. We also have 4 types of Flesh and 2 types of Robotics where, for all intents and purposes, half that would do; just sharing more health types cross-faction (particularly where it makes sense with the Mutalists) would cover it.

Well said

Spy favour solo -

Voted other but even if you set it up to be more Cooperative friendly I and most likely everyone else will still solo it. "Public" spys are generally bad, its worse if you find someone who has no idea what they are doing and they just rush it like a complete idiot which is like 70% of the time I try to do spys in a "public" match.

Completionist - 

I was trying to go 100% for scans but then you added Archwing crap to it and promptly dropped scanning like hot rock. There is little incentive to actually do it anyway and after awhile it gets rather tedious to even bother, I don't even bother with Simaris now and he at least gives you some semi useful crap out of it.

Mods balance - 

Not gonna touch this one with my 11 foot pole and its for the stuff I wouldn't touch with my 10 foot pole. 

Coptering / Wall running / Parkour 2.0

I'd rather coptering be gone and instead we can choose to go as fast as we can in our missions. If I can't sprint when I need I obviously copter/wall runn/wall fling, and I'd rather not having to press keys all day just to go at a reasonable speed.

The Spy Alone

There should be clear cues on all teamwork intensive missions, and players oblivious of the nuances of spy 2.0 should be made aware before entering a public mission.

Completionists

I'm trying to complete my codex, am collection all the syandanas and armor pieces, although helmets not so much. Mods also are a big factor in my collector impulses.

Balance
Some weapons should be flat out better than others, but these tiers should be distributed by Mastery Rank. Some niches should exists and even among certain classes balance should be varying. People just like to identify with the "OP" gear. Said gear should take a while to get.

In regards to Balance, it's hard to say that a lot of WarFrame is balanced when we have content that actually does scale well into content, and content that does not.

Warframes

In pertinence to the WarFrames, straight damage frames don't scale well, like Ember and Saryn. They fall off quickly in later content because only one or two of their abilities actually scale throughout content. In contrast, really good frames like Loki and Nyx have the majority or the entirety of their kits that scale, which is great! If we could have all frames with that scale ability throughout all their aspects, from abilities to stats, all frames could be viable throughout content.

Weapons

Overall, I think what could help with the balancing of weapons is a clearly tiered system, as DE is hoping to create. Once the tiers are clear, and all weapon types have a strong presence in each tier, balancing each tier would be much easier to achieve.

Enemies

The very thing we use our WarFrames and Weapons on, I think this group needs an entire rework in their characteristics in terms of scale ability. The only way they actually scale is in damage and health, that's all. There's no feeling of progression or growth in them, just the eventual bloating into bullet sponges, that's all. There's no actual challenge from them, just the same boring thing throughout the game. Not to mention that tactics like invulnerability or invincibility phases don't actually present any challenge, as they can't actually be overcome, just waited out. They present no real threat or change in tactics, just a waiting game. If our enemies had more specific roles and characteristics, with scale ability in the sense of an increase of mechanics, we could see greater variety and growth in enemies. This could present a new way to balance them, outside of just making them typical bullet sponges or waiting game invulnerable phases.

Things like these:

Grineer Units:

Grineer Scorpions:

Level 1-10 Scorpions is what we have now.

Level 11-20 Scorpions are able to block bullets/roll out of the way of incoming skillshot/ranged abilities and bullets.

Level 21-30 Scorpions now have a stance for their Machete to better utilize their weapon.

Level 31-40 Scorpions have the ability to shoot their grappling hooks into terrain, thus allowing them to use the environment vertically and fly around/across the battlefield. This could also allow them to resist knockback effects by shooting their grappling hooks into the ground to resist it. Or avoid such abilities completely by grapple hooking out of the way of the incoming ability.

Level 41-50+ Scorpions attain wall-running abilities similar to how we can, so that they can utilize terrain with more than just their hooks, and gives them a more interesting dimension.

Thus, we have challenge from content that is not just a rehash of the content that we have, but an expansion of this content by giving content better mechanics as their levels go up.

Veteran players actually face a challenge, rather than just more bullet sponges. We have a greater dynamic in end-game, and our enemies become far more interesting to fight

Grineer Heavy Gunners:

Levels 1-20 is how we see them now. To ensure that beginner players and lower planet content aren't too overwhelmed.

Levels 21-30 gives them the ability to use their AoE ability to stop knock back abilities. Thus giving Heavy Gunners the ability to resist some CC, but also use current assets for an expanded function.

Levels 31-40 allows them to deploy a stationary shield (much like the Grineer Shield Lancer) to use as a defensive measure. With this defensive measure added, the Heavy Gunners can better pose a threat to us as a "heavy unit" on the field, outside of a health stat/armor increase.

Levels 41-50 provides them the use of a secondary weapon/melee weapon (stance added). Holstered, of course, but usable weapons should the AI decide to spice up the weapon variety and fight us with more than just a regular gun. Adding in a melee weapon also creates some interesting situations in close ranged combat, or when enemies are disarmed.

Levels 51+ gives them the ability to dual wield a Melee and a primary/secondary. Essentially approaching the end-tier of Raids, this change makes heavy gunners a clear threat on the battlefield, and something that players should deal with quickly. They become a force to be reckoned with, but one that can still be overcome.

Grineer Commander:

Levels 1-10 gives them the ability to use a Command ability to empower nearby allies. As a commanding unit on the battlefield, this helps to increase the effectiveness of the commander, and fits his role aesthetically.

Levels 11-20 allows the Grineer Commander to teleport a group of allied units with him upon utilizing his teleportation ability. Essentially becoming a squad leader, the commander can now better fit his role as the head unit.

Levels 21-30 The Command ability now has a chance to remove procs placed on allied units. Adding in this change allows the Commander to assist the squad with removing debuffs.

Levels 31-40 gives the Grineer Commander heavier armor, and allows the Command ability to have a chance of increasing the level of allied units in the area. Grineer Commanders now also have a melee weapon on their person.

Levels 41-50+ Commanders have an additional melee weapon and can deploy a Grineer Regulator. Used in synergy, they can create very difficult situations for Tenno to deal with.

These changes help to make the Grineer Commander an actual Commander on the battlefield. Leading his troops and heading the charge against foes.

Grineer Regulator:

Levels 1-10 Regulators emit a pulse every 10 seconds that has a chance to knock down enemy units. Providing a bit of CC to the Grineer, the Regulators use now expands outside of just an enemy damage buff and UI jammer.

Levels 11-20 Regulators increase the buffs given to allied units. Regulators are  also equipped with shields similar to the Grineer Shield Lancer to provide extra defense on the battlefield.

Levels 21-30 Regulators have a chance to remove the procs applied to allied units upon its pulse. Pulse intervals are reduced to 8 seconds.

Levels 31-40 Regulators can now move freely through the battlefield and can utilize a short ranged teleport to escape/reposition every 10 seconds.

Levels 41-50+ have Regulators with increased speed, and pulse intervals are reduced to 5 seconds, with increased radius.

These changes help to make the Regulator a more useful unit on the battlefield, and helps them to become a very strong support to the allies around it. Rather than just a damage increase and enemy UI jammer, it now becomes something that Tenno can audibly hear and prioritize on the battlefield.

Corpus Units:

Corpus Crewmen:

Levels 1-10 is how we see them now.

Levels 11-20 gives them increased fire rate. Slight progression from before, to help them deal damage quicker as the difficulty increases.

Levels 21-30 allows for use of multi-elemental grenades (that only detonate with one element). Thus, the Crewmen receive an interesting tool that can be useful for engagements and helps to make this grunt unit more useful. Having a UI displaying when and where a grenade is in the vicinity of the player would be key, in this case.

Levels 31-40 provides the use of more accurate weaponry, although it is now burst fire to conserve ammo. Higher accuracy, but lower ammo consumption effectively makes the Crewmen a better shot with more chances to land, as they don't expend their clips as quickly.

Levels 41-50+ gives them a melee weapon to use in close combat (stance added and allows them to block). Now they can fight players in close combat with more than just aiming up their guns at our faces, but actually present a duel or ninja-esque battle to players who decide to go into melee mode or sword alone. This also helps with weapon variety of enemies if these enemies are disarmed or choose to go into melee mode.

Corpus Nullifiers:

The idea behind the Nullifiers was a very interesting one, and one that could seriously alter the dynamic of the game, but as it stands, the Nullifiers act more so to limit player weapon choice, rather than hard-stop our powers solely. As such, my feedback for the Nullifiers is that they need a bit of a rework, to help them actually do their job equally of stopping our powers, but not limiting player play style, both with powers and with weapons.

Firstly, let's rename the Corpus Nullifiers Corpus Guardians. The mechanics of the Guardian unit is that it deploys a stationary 180 degree shield arc that protects all units behind it from CC/Utility effects and damage that is incoming from the direction it is facing. Think of it as a larger version of Alad V's thrown down shield during his Mutalist Boss Fight. Removing the limit on the amount of damage able to be done to the shield, but also upping its base HP, gives it a strong resistance to our powers, but does not limit our weapon variety. Additionally, any Corpus weaponry fired out of the shield receives a small damage bonus. (Tenno may also utilize this boost, should they be carrying Corpus weaponry).

Thus, the Guardian acts as protection for the Corpus against our powers, but does not hinder our weapon choice.

Players can now either tough it out in front of the shield against the enemy squads and fire upon it/use their powers until it falls. Or they can use their abilities and/or parkour skills to vault over/around the shield to kill the units taking cover behind it. The Guardian is now a unit that is useful and interesting to fight, but does not outright remove self-cast powers like Iron Skin or Hysteria, as the shield protects the occupants from outside interference/damage, but it does not remove them.

Scaling for the reworked Nullifier are as follows:

Levels 1-10 gives units behind it immunity to CC/Utility and damage incoming from the direction the shield is facing.

Levels 11-20 gives a higher increase to damage for Corpus weaponry fired outwards from the shield.

Levels 21-30 gives the Guardian the ability to remove procs from units entering into, or already within, its defensive radius.

Levels 31-40 allows the Guardian's shield to deflect incoming fire/powers in a random direction dictated by RNG.

Levels 41-50+ allows the Guardian to absorb a portion of incoming damage and converts it into health (max 10% of incoming damage).

The reworked Nullifier now becomes a potent tool to stopping our powers, but not so limiting as to how to deal with the threat. In addition, it functions as a useful tool for any who can surmise how to use it once it is deployed.

Sniper Crewmen:

As the primary long range Corpus unit that is not a Moa, I would hope to increase the efficacy of the Corpus Sniper as a ranged unit, but also provide it with some interesting mechanics.

Levels 1-10 remain as we see them now.

Levels 11-20 gives the sniper unit a deployable Shockwave Moa to help with defense, should an enemy unit come into close range. An added measure to ensure that the Sniper can hold their ground should enemy units be able to push past the bulk of the Corpus squad.

Levels 21-30 gives the Sniper Crewmen a melee and secondary weapon to utilize, as the need arises. Although this change may come at a lower level than other units, their general squishiness and ranged nature makes this change less felt, but also more unique should encounters in close combat arise.

Levels 31-40 increases the fire rate of the Sniper Crewmen's Lanka by 25% to help with eliminating enemy threats more quickly, in addition to increasing accuracy by 25%. Emphasizing the role of a Sniper, a specialization of such a sort can help to individualize this unit in higher levels.

Levels 41-50+ allows the Sniper Crewmen to deploy a weaker version of Alad V's Mutalist shield. This shield also functions similarly to how the Corpus Guardian (Reworked Corpus Nullifier) Shield functions. Having this be used can help the Sniper Crewmen to set up a fortified sniping position away and back from the main Corpus force, and pose a threat to units as they proceed to advance through the battlefield, while also providing cover for Corpus squads on the offensive or retreating.

These changes would hopefully allow the Sniper Crewmen to become a felt force on the battle field and be more individualized when it comes to encounters. Their added nature as offensively strong enemy units with slight defenses emphasizes ranged play, while not discounting that they can make a quick escape with the deployment of a Shockwave MOA or hold their ground with their shield.

Infested:

Faction Overall:

With an emphasis of a "horde" mentality, the following has been suggested by Deus_X_Machina to help and outline the Faction style to which the overall Infested group would permeate. These points will be expanded and implemented into the Infested Units as they are looked at for expansions within this thread:

- Walls start to get used

- The ceiling is used

- Spawning / travelling in ceiling vents could exist for smaller infested

- more spreadout pattern for headon attacking infested

- more durable units running in front of the squishier ones that deal more damage

- cutting off routes

- targeted surrounding of one Tenno

- targeted cornering of Tennos

- seperating Tennos (driving a wedge between them and trying to lead them apart for example)

- Infested could crawl over each other to reach a target (get surrounded in 3d)

Infested Crawler

Levels 1-10 standard Crawler Unit.

Levels 11-20 Crawlers now move 10% faster while in a toxin cloud. This promotes synergy with the Mutalist Osprey unit, as now the Osprey can drop the Crawler, and the Crawler may now use the Toxin Cloud as a type of steroid or accelerant.

Levels 21-30 Crawlers now have the ability to change elemental status' if inflicted with certain base elemental damage. This makes them an interesting threat, as they can now be infused with different elemental damage types against enemy units.

Levels 31-40 Crawlers may now latch onto players and hold them in position. Thus, this allows other Infested units to swarm players, as any good mindless horde would.

Levels 41-50+ Crawlers are now able to become Bloated Crawlers. In other words, they are able to be lifted and hurled by large Infested Units, such as the Healers, at a location. Upon landing on an area, they explode after three seconds, releasing a small radial blast of whatever element they were before detonation. During this charge up, players can attack the crawler with guns or powers to destroy them and ensure that no AoE damage occurs, or hit the Crawler with melee to push them away from the area. Aiming a Bloated Crawler is simple, just face your crosshairs to an area and hit it to launch it.

The final change to higher leveled Crawlers turns them into a very useful tool on the battlefield for both the Infested and their enemies. They become a dregs level unit with some interesting mechanics, but ultimately aren't too crazy to merit immediate attention unless they become Bloated.

Infested Charger:

Levels 1-10 retain the current unit characteristics.

Levels 11-20 Chargers gain the ability to dodge incoming attacks by rolling sideways or hopping backwards. This gives Chargers a few more tactical options in fights, without making them far too agile to still be counted among the most common of the Infested units.

Levels 21-30 Chargers can cannibalize nearby units, gaining increased attack speed and running speed.

Levels 31-40 Chargers can now burrow into the environment. As enemy units approach, Chargers can spring from their holes and attack enemy units. Adds a bit of a scare factor to the unit.

Levels 41-50+ Chargers now are able to climb and run along walls and ceilings. Adding verticality and versatility into their arsenal further, this helps to expand the ways Chargers can spawn in and reach players while also giving an interesting tactic to help accentuate the horde mentality that the Infested permeate.

Mission Rewards

The mere fact that only the endless mission types are present in this Hot Topics can show how slanted this system is. Even within the mission types, having the rewards be so weighted against the players makes them highly unbalanced. Instead of rewarding player skill or dedication to a mission type by making rewards easier to obtain as they stay longer in these mission types, therein having enemies become even more difficult (more so one shotting us levels) to deal with, we deal with the same levels of hope and loss throughout the mission duration.

Mods

There are a slew of mods that work as band aids, like handspring, the quickdraw aura, and others. If these mods were worked into their base systems, we could see the mod system being a bit more balanced.

In addition, the mod system itself holds a slew of mods sitting unused because of the limitations of 8 mods per WarFrame. If we could expand this back to 10, we could see a larger portion of mods being used on WarFrames.

In respect to augments, the band aids discussion comes to mind a lot. Although I must thank DE for helping to work some of these baseline traits in, to help remedy this. To help further the augments along and make them more appealing, having dedicated augment slots would be a great solution, ideally 4.

Balancing this, having each slot only apply to one power, while also having them cost mod points, helps to even out the benefits with detriments. As more augments come out for one power, the opportunity costs for selecting a mod slot comes at an even higher cost, while also allowing players to specialize their builds for their play styles.

Thus, we can see a variety of more powers being used on the battlefield through the use of more augments, and the specialization of builds that helps to further customization, while keeping the system in balance.
Edited by AlphaHorseman

(quote)

Quoting this man - he sums up my feelings quite well.

Stamina

Here's my suggestion: do not completely remove stamina - it should be used at the very least, in dealing with blocking. However, each bullet takes the same amount of stamina to block, no matter how hard hitting it is. The caliber of the projectile is to be the deciding factor in how much stamina is drained, but with restraint.

A rough guide: Smg projectiles take 1 stamina point to block; rifles 1.5 stamina; ballista/large caliber projectiles 2.5, arrows - 2 stamina. Continuous beam weapons should take 1 stamina to block, but it continually drains stamina as long as the character is blocking. Knockdown attacks take 4 points of stamina to block. Melee attacks take 2 points of stamina to block.

That's my suggestion of how to fix the stamina system. You can tweak those settings to however YOU envision the Tenno's combat abilities, Dev Team - whatever fits into your vision, not your forums' emotional and unstable view of things.

Balance

Balance - that's the last thing I'd ask these forums or gamers in general about - all they go for is the same old thing, so if you want to be just another ball on the pool table, go right ahead and listen to them.

Listen, this is your game - give your players a framework within which to work so they'll know what to work towards. Who begins constructing a house and leaves it up to the workers to decide how it should be made? No one, they always have an overseer. This is such a contentious subject because your players have differing ideas of how the Warframe universe is meant to be. There will be no suggestions from myself on this topic until you, Dev Team, decide exactly what you want - how your universe should "feel." What, exactly, are you aiming for? Are you going for Michael Bay? Christopher Nolan? Or are we going for Spielberg here? A mix of these? The answer to your question of balance, Dev Team, lies within you. Unless you decide precisely what you're going for, useless fighting and obstruction of true progress is all you're going to get.

Speed is what makes the game fun. Having to wait or slow down for Stamina is terrible, especially when you factor in it's use for melee. I'm in favor of removing Stamina altogether as a limiter for Warframe actions. Stamina mods can be changed to affect run speed, or removed and redeemed with standard Fusion cores.

As for coptering, I think if Parkour 2.0 is released and it's handled well there will be no need for coptering. It's kind of immersion-breaking; a spin-dash works in Sonic games, not so much in para-military enhanced-human future combat.

On a side note: The "slow" Warframes (Rhino, Frost, Saryn) aren't even the Warframes with the most durability and highest Armor rating. So why are they the slow ones again?

The Spy Alone

Spy missions are perfectly balanced for solo runs. DE should however incentivize them to be run in teams. I've opined before that there should be additional reward for simultaneous hacking. Increase the number of terminals to 4, and if a squad can hack all 4 at nearly the same time, there should be an additional bonus for it.

Completionists

I like that the bulk of this game (almost 99%) is obtainable without ever spending real money. Aside from cosmetics, a player can completely enjoy this game for free. That's a big deal to me, and major kudos to the devs for maintaining that. While I've spent money myself on stuff, I did so voluntarily because I appreciate the work put into this game. Being a completionist and "obtaining everything" is a lofty goal, and I think it's great that DE still makes it relatively achievable goal. 

Also, I think the codex should do a lot more. Completing an entry should just give you passive hints on weaknesses and where to find certain drops. I think it should tie together with the "Find weakness" concept introduced with Sanctuary/Helios. Finished codex entries should cause a bump in weakspot damage; it should increase your chances of getting better drops by a percentage; etc. Make finishing the codex have an actual impact on in-game action.

Balance

I hate to say it, but look to PVP for balance. The warframes that are allowed are more balanced than the ones that are not, and for good reasons which you are well aware of.

Also, while I certainly enjoy Syndicate weapons and weapon mods, they make a huge gameplay impact. I find myself using augmented weapons way more than non-augmented weapons. Some of the choices for weapons are questionable too: Why does Red Veil have 2 melee weapons? Why does Suda offer a Spectra mod when the Gammacor is available and does everything Spectra does better without using an augment mod spot? Personally, I think Syndicate weapon effects should have been handled like Arcane enhancements: You should have made them to be crafted into specific weapons, not mod them in.

Stamina 

this issue can be two Question

1.Did coptering should be exist?

2.how fast should we move in game

Q1
It must , it relate to players fighting act , I consider it may be limited in melee type , change to melee type but without any body bounds is odd

From this point ,i suggest stamina be melee type bounds , not only as a bar about movement

coptering get movement bound  when stamina exist in melee type
jump attack get more rage when stamina exist in melee type
ninja jump falling attack get finished dmg when stamina exist in melee type
falling attack could  get be rolling act when stamina exist in melee type
normal attack can get parry when stamina exist in melee type
parry can parry all the ATTACK from anything  when stamina exist in melee type

Q2
lets change the words , player always finshed a quest as fast as he can,so the must important  part is
the green point way we finished always single

we wont get any R5 core or reword if we change our mind move to other place, or we choose other way so we could avoid enemy contact
,or get other mission

so we move as fast as we can

speed run is a choice ,but no suffer if i choice speed run may be a more good point
but do not  force player to do other mission ,try some sugar.

balance
the worst is Nullifier Crewman 
 no balance ,no fun ,lazy design 
corpus should make it all ship,so no grinner no tenno

if i could ,delete the lazy design all about this way
Edited by zendian

Coptering / Parkour

Coptering should be removed completely; it serves no healthy purpose & limits slide attacks usefulness as an actual combat technique. It never made sense and spreading it to every other melee only made the problem worse. Melee weapons are tools of war not vehicles!

I love the coming changes to parkour & the removal of stamina is extremely welcome. Movement should never have had a limiting factor applied to it; Warframe felt more like a MMO than an Action game because of it.

Spy Missions

Imo this is an issue with the playerbase & not the mission itself. The general playerbase isn't used to actually communicating during a public mission to this level; they also aren't used to this style of play. I believe that more time & exposure to the mission type will improve the situation greatly. 

Co-op play in spy missions isn't as difficult as people make it out to be as long as you actually talk to each other & communicate. I think that nothing in warframe should solely be balanced for solo play at all.

In the last Community Hot Topics, most players voted that Stamina needs to either go or be changed in some way. 1) However, removing Stamina is bound to have a ripple effect on other aspects of Warframe. Stamina has always been a limiter when trying to run through a level as quickly as possible. Coptering became the ideal way to get from point A to point B quickly and efficiently. Coptering has become iconic to Warframe, 2) but more than anything, it is indicative that players gotta go fast. If you’re worried about coptering or other movement changes, think about what kind of movement changes would be the most fun for you. What changes would you like to see? 3) With Stamina being removed, does coptering still make sense as a movement mechanic? 4) (Does it make sense with Stamina?) 5) What other types of movement in Warframe do you think are good or bad? 6) The current wallrun and wall fling are effective, but could they be done better? 7) How fast do you think movement should be in the new system? 8) Would you rather run through levels faster or slower than you do now?

1) Maybe I'm overlooking something, but I'm not seeing this as a big deal.

2) I'd be more inclined to take it as a statement about the game's reward structure, honestly.

3, 4) 'Make sense' to whom? From what perspective?

As long as coptering's the most efficient method of traversal, it's going to be used.

That said, coptering has never made sense. 'Oh no, a 15 meter chasm! Whatever shall I do? Oh, I know! I shall take a spinning leap, waving my weapon around, because space magic (not to mention this perfectly functional jury-rigged garotte attached to my neck). What could possibly go wrong?'

c.f. Isadora Duncan

Pretty much the only exception to that may be the Jat Kittag, a jet powered sledgehammer.

5) Nothing leaps to mind.

6) Better control, letting you connect jumps.

7) Well, that really really depends.

I rush levels when A) I'm on a time limit, B) self-challenge, gauntlet runs or C) The combat isn't worth partaking in, specifically 1) when the player and enemy power are highly out of sync, or 2) rushing rewards, e.g. Capture, Deception.

8) I'd rather go slow because slow is worth going. Sadly, that's not usually the case.

e.g.

I don't fly around the map while there's an active Excavator when playing Excavation.

You better believe I zip as fast as I can between excavators. Now that spawns are dependent on an active excavator, when none are up the travel is literal dead time.

What is your opinion of the current movement speed in Warframe?

=> Other

Travel speed is mostly fine (and we currently have coptering for Frost/Rhino/Saryn when it isn't), it's that there are too many tiles in some missions.

The Spy Alone
This Hot Topic, by KoshLovesYou, is all about Spy missions and how they can be improved for better public play. By now, most players have probably ran with a player (or been the player) that accidentally trips the alarm. 1) Spy missions are perhaps the only game type where  a teammate can directly cause a failed mission. Because of this, Spy missions have gained a reputation as being solo missions. The source thread offers some suggestions on how to better accommodate a team and less experienced players. 2) Do you think more obvious visual cues would make team play easier in spy missions? 3) Is there something else you think would improve playing with groups? 4) What about other mechanics that could require teamwork? 5) Or, should spy missions focus more on solo play? 6) What other thoughts/ideas/feedback do you have about the new spy missions? 

1) Spy, Rescue, nightmare raids, Excavation, Capture, Void Defense, Survival (though that takes longer), Hijack... Possibly others, but that's off the top of my head.

2) To a point. But that's not a solution, it's a band-aid.

Spy missions are a twofold challenge: Knowledge and Execution.

More obvious visual cues makes Knowledge less a challenge. And once you have Knowledge, they're immaterial.

You could remove all the cues from the current Corpus (and most of the Grineer) Vaults, wouldn't affect me much.

But you're still dependent on other players not screwing up their/your Execution.

3) Players joining mid-session spawn outside the vault. (Not from experience, I always 'Solo' or 'Invite Only' Spy missions.)

'Vault being penetrated' indicator, to ease splitting up vaults in a team.

Sorry, can't think of anything else.

4) No more friendship doors, thanks. :/

Can't offer anything constructive.

5) How do you mean?

6) Overall, I like them.

Do you think Spy missions should favor solo play?

How do you mean?

=> Other

I don't think that they actively should, no.

On the other hand, from a risk-reward point of view, they already do.

Will post further in the source thread.

Completionists
The source thread for this hot topic is pretty straightforward - 1) are you/have you completed the codex? But, I think the underlying premise is a bit more interesting for this topic - what aspects of Warframe do you care about completing? Probably one of the first things most players complete is the solar map. For some players, having all the weapons and warframes is what matters. 2) What do you care about completing? Is the codex important to you? Weapons? Cosmetics? Noggles?? What are the things you must collect and what are the things you aren’t very interested in? How close are you to getting everything you want? Post your response in this thread!   

1) Not quite. Missing Maroo, Darvo, possibly still missing a couple of the Arcane Machine, lots of the Arid Eviscerator and all of its Eximus.

2) By order of priority: The ones that matter (i.e. affect gameplay), and the ones: a) aren't trivial to complete, b) I reasonably can (and sometimes c) can be completed, i.e. not having missed time-limited exclusives)

Example: 1) All warframes. All nodes. 2) all Codex, all PvE mods, all Kubrow types, all gear.

Things that I won't, for instance, include PvP mods (waaay too long to achieve, and I don't like PvP to begin with. Nor am I good at it, which is a separate-but-related issue.), Kubrow cosmetics (don't use Kubrows), Warframe cosmetics: I get the ones that are A) limited and/or B) I think are pretty.

Getting the 'common' ones is nothing more than a 'money-spent' checklist. Getting the Prime Access ones, ditto.

(I'd get some of them anyway, because pretty, if I could get my bank to stop giving me trouble about international charges.)

Do you consider yourself to be a completionist in Warframe?

=> Yes, with some things.

Balance
This is a pretty broad hot topic, but in what ways do you think Warframe is or isn’t balanced? 1) In your opinion, what are the most pressing balance concerns? 2) How would you define balance? 3) Should all weapons perform equally well? Should there be tiers or niches for certain weapons? 4) What about within specific categories of weapons? 5) What about warframes, enemies, syndicates, mission rewards, and other aspects of Warframe? 6) What would you say is the most balanced thing in Warframe? 7) What is the least? 8) If you could rebalance a single aspect of Warframe, what would it be?

1) HP/damage growth.

Character power is a combination of player skill and gear power.

The larger the power gap between a new and 'maxed' character, the less scope there is for player skill to be exercised, honed, expressed, unless you actively create organized 'tiers'.

Which, to date, you have religiously avoided.

2) Context-sensitive.

* An unstable equilibrium between two opposed forces, the direction it will tilt depending on player input. (Tactical judgement, skilled execution, etc.)

* An offer of varied, different tools, either A) all roughly equally powerful in the hands of a skilled player or B) sufficiently mechanically different that you don't have one overlapping and outshining another.

3) Depends on the paradigm that DE choose for Warframe.

If they actively adopt tiers, then obviously no.

And, from a gameplay perspective, there's merit in having 'easymode' and 'hardmode' gear loadouts, so a player can tailor their game experience to their momentary want.

But when your game's driving focus is [size=5]ALL TEH LOOTS![/size], i.e. you're incentivizing players to play for reward... well, we all know about 'efficient' playing.

4) Again, DE need to decide on a paradigm. 'Vertical' or 'Horizontal'. 'Open' or 'Tiered'.

Everything flows from that.

5) * Warframes are sufficiently different that, aside from situations where you're straight-up comparing 2 individual skills (e.g. Chaos vs Irradiating Disarm, x-ray AoE nukes, Blessing vs. Renewal), there isn't a 'mechanically identical, strictly better' overlap going on, meaning that the choice comes down to preference.

* Enemies... stats are stats. They fit to a scale.

Mechanics, on the other hand... Aimbot Tar Moas, 360 noscope 12m AoE Bombard rockets, No Sell bubbles of doom, unilateral invulerability... Yeah, those suck.

* Syndicates - No clue.

* Mission Rewards - HA! No.

Neither the level scaling nor the reward distribution (vis-a-vis risk vs. reward and time vs. reward) is anything near balanced.

* Other Aspects -

Sentinels: HA! No. See Stats vs. Mechanics.

Kubrows: ~75k credits per month sink, on the second quest a new player gets, with no indication that there's is a credit sink involved or that there is a superior, sinkless alternative available, when mission payout at that level is ~1k per, and ignoring any other credit sink (i.e. everything) that a new player needs to address, whether they know about it yet or not.

Such as mod fusion.

Yeah.

Anything else?

6) New Player Experience combat.

Possibly Archwing combat.

7) Gotcha mechanics.

Enemy scaling vs. player mod acquisition in the level ~8-20 range.

Power Efficiency.

Stacking base + corrupted mods.

Perma-CC achievability -> Enemy scaling requiring permanent lockdown -> Power immunity auras. Take your pick, they're all unbalanced.

Probably more, but cba. This is not news.

8) HP/damage growth.

See #1.

Which aspects of Warframe do you think are balanced the best? (can select more than one)

Depends on your definition of 'balance'.

=> Warframes

=> Archwings

=> Sentinels

=> Other

=> None of the above

Parkour/Movement Speed:

Coptering needs to die. Unless a good alternative is provided, Air Melee should still provide vertical movement but horizontal should be reduced significantly as well.

You can move nearly as fast with Mag Lev, but it takes actual skill to navigate the environments instead of just flying over them.

Spy:

Spy is in a good place right now. It could still use a proper AI awareness system (unaware, curious, suspicious, alert, spotted states) and acknowledgement of dead bodies, but barring that it is pretty good. It is nice to have a game mode where everyone has to work as a team for once.

Completionist:

At this point I have nearly every weapon maxed, all of the frames and sentinels, and most of my Codex done. I haven't been playing at all without friends recently though, and schedule conflicts have slowed progress.

There are some things that I don't care about though. Number one is the raid. I only have three people that I play with with any frequency, and it is almost impossible to get them all on at once. We have tried it five times since release, and all five runs have failed due to stupid bugs. I finally just gave up. Some things simply aren't worth the hassle.

Balance:

Balance is so screwed up that it isn't even funny. The instant that a modding system was implemented that has six different stats that all stack multiplicatively as (quite large) DPS multipliers it should have been obvious that it would break.

If you cut out primary damage mods and multishot, and limit elemental mods to 60-150% total the game feels fairly balanced against all older enemies. It is only the enemies released in the last year or so that have started stacking stupid garbage in order to combat our stupid broken garbage.

Nerf the weapons, remove the stupid enemy mechanics, and reduce spawn rates (and boost drop rates/affinity to compensate). Each enemy will be more important and we might actually have an even playing field at level 40, just like you guys claim you intended.

whole heartly agree!!!! the balance rework  needs to happen badly

That balance poll really needs to be self acknowledged that a lot, if not all, is pretty unbalanced especially for the sake of replayability value. i dont really have much to offer in options nor am i bashing on it, its just that i feel that you guys (which im assuming you all most likely do) need a team that really is dedicated for each certain aspect of the game but down to the knitty grit such as the PVP team when it comes to balance, attention, and acknowledgement of current topics. i know there is a lot on each plate but the more content just means more problems than anything. again, i dont want to be the one assuming whether you guys have acknowledged or not but the stress team for these contents need to be on par with notable aspects of what the community has been saying whats the problem for the past years now.

> What changes would you like to see? With Stamina being removed, does coptering still make sense as a movement mechanic? (Does it make sense with Stamina?)

Coptering is a symptom of a larger problem in Warframe, namely, conventional movement is too damn slow and finicky and there's no incentive to take your time to explore levels for the most part. Coptering allows us to, in a way, live out that "agile ninja" fantasy that the game advertises, yet fails to deliver on (in reality, we're more like cyber space marines covered in heavy powered armor when it comes to our movement speed).

I personally think that the dodge roll should be reworked into a significantly faster "dash" of sorts that acts as a mobility tool as well as providing some defensive capabilities to frames if timed properly  (think i-frames in Dark Souls - so if we dash as a Bombard's rocket of doom is about to hit us, we don't take any damage or CC from it). Of course, this would need limitations as to not be constantly spammed, so perhaps it could get diminishing returns with i-frames and distance traveled the more it's used consecutively? Perhaps we get a limited number of dashes before we're forced to use the current roll (with dashing recharging at a fairly rapid rate)? 

If we get an adequate replacement for coptering, I don't mind seeing it go, but as it stands, I don't want it to go until then.

>  What other types of movement in Warframe do you think are good or bad? 

While I like air melee, it's only because it serves as yet another mobility tool. As a means of aerial combat, it's beyond useless due to the inconsistent hitboxes. 

> The current wallrun and wall fling are effective, but could they be done better? 

They're inconsistent and finicky to use. Wallrunning is too "chunky" for a lack of better words and can be very cumbersome to  use. If you want to see an example of versatile wall-running check out Overgrowth. The parkour system in it is quite robust. Here's an older video of some parkour (albeit with some really out of date animations): 

Being able to do something like that (jump between two parallel walls at a great speed, launch ourselves off of walls with an impressive velocity, etc.) would make the parkour feel far more fluid. 

How fast do you think movement should be in the new system?

As mentioned, Loki's current movement speed (or Nyx/Mirage at the very least) should be the baseline for the slowest frames in the game, and then it should be scaled up as such. So in practice, we're looking at a 20-25% increase in MS for all frames. 

Would you rather run through levels faster or slower than you do now? 

Until there's a compelling reason to explore levels on non-endless missions, I want to complete them as fast as possible. Give us the tools to do this, and adequately reward players who want to explore levels for secrets. 

Do you think more obvious visual cues would make team play easier in spy missions?

More obvious visual clues are always appreciated, especially in very visually busy maps. 

> Is there something else you think would improve playing with groups?

Honestly, there should be a group-focused spy mode, maybe something like heists in GTA V (haven't played them, so I can't comment on their quality)? Every player has a specific role and acts to help pull off the ultimate heist against a specific faction, be it stealing data from the Grineer, or credits from the Corpus. 

Of course, this mode would actually require a good bit of cooperation, but a good tutorial should be able to help out with that, and I'd like missions that force more cooperation than what exists in game. 

What about other mechanics that could require teamwork? Or, should spy missions focus more on solo play?

>What other thoughts/ideas/feedback do you have about the new spy missions? 

Honestly, a rework to stealth is what's needed most. Enemy icons with lines of vision on our minimap, gear to distract enemies, adequate tools for sneaking by unnoticed, more consistent enemy spawning and behavior, etc. As it stands, it's pretty much impossible to ghost a level  unless you're Loki or Ash. 

are you/have you completed the codex?

No, and I don't plan to. It's inconvenient, clunky, and leaves me open to enemy fire. Perhaps that will change once I build Helios, but he lacks the utility that Carrier offers (being able to suck up mods is insanely useful and a trait that all sentinels should share). 

What do you care about completing? 

Getting my favorite weapons forma'd out and with adequate mods. Trying out different weapons that are fun and seeing if I can make them viable for higher level missions. 

What are the things you must collect and what are the things you aren’t very interested in? How close are you to getting everything you want? 

Mods, really, and good cosmetics for Warframes (Proto-Excalibur, for example). Still trying to farm a Life Strike to no avail. Noggles are pretty useless and very overpriced. 

I'm very far from getting where I want since maxing out mods takes so many fusion cores that it's not even funny how much grind it takes. 

This is a pretty broad hot topic, but in what ways do you think Warframe is or isn’t balanced?

Two words: power creep. 

With the way that modding works, you stack multiplicative damage mod on top of multiplicative damage mod. If it's not a damage mod, it's useless. So QOL mods like fast hands, stabilizer, terminal velocity, and the like get ignored since they don't contribute enough to DPS. 

Furthermore, some weapons are grossly inferior to others, and bandaid patches won't fix everything. For example, the Supra is still an awful weapon despite being so expensive to make (and Entropy Burst does nothing to fix its major issues). Why can't the Grinlok have a higher critical chance? It needs three critical mods, yet it only gets a 67.5% chance to crit? Let it red crit at the very least. At the end of the day, most of the exotic and super fun weapons lack the damage output to be viable or have some other issues holding them back (such as massive QOL issues). Some exotic weapons like the Tonkor and Quanta do manage to be top-tier, although they both have their QOL issues. 

In your opinion, what are the most pressing balance concerns?

Our damage output is so high that DE has to resort to creating cheap enemies and massive swarms of highly damaging and unavoidable bullets in order to provide a challenge. 

Should all weapons perform equally well? 

Not necessarily, as some weapons should be more costly than others, but a MR7 clan-tech rifle that requires forma to build that comes with no polarities should not be worse than a MR 6 market rifle that comes with two V polarities.

> Should there be tiers or niches for certain weapons?

Definitely. Different weapons should have different traits. Scythes could have innate slash procs, daggers could deal the highest stealth damage multiplier in the game and be the fastest and hardest critting melee, sniper rifles can eliminate priority targets and provide debuffs and CC on headsots with ease as well as function as decent battle rifles (a la L4D), etc. 

What about warframes, enemies, syndicates, mission rewards, and other aspects of Warframe?

Chroma and the new Excalibur are fairly well designed frames (even if Chroma's 1 is complete trash and is contender for wrist ability in the game), but there are so many other frames that promote lazy gameplay, like Mesa, Saryn, etc. I hate playing with these "press-4-to-win" frames in pub games. I don't have any fun since they insta-gib everything. 

Powers should give you an upper hand against enemies and create new combat scenarios to your favor (such as Volt's electric shield), and not play the game for you (Mesa). 

All of the new enemies introduced since the Drahk master have been awful. They focus on cheap CC, invulnerability, and disabling our powers to provide a challenge, and this isn't fun. Taking control away from the players is never fum, especially when it's done in a cheap manner. If our frames have to be nerfed in order to allow these enemies to be interesting to fight, then so be it. 

Mission rewards are victims of awful drop tables. Why do we have pressure point as a T1 reward in Draco? Why dso we have a 5000 credit cache as a reward in DSS on Pluto? Why are mods like Life Strike and Four Riders so damn hard to farm? The drop tables are awful, and improving mission rewards with meaningful and rare mods would definitely improve the player experience. 

I find Syndicates, for the most part, to be fairly balanced, even if most people are on Suda/Hexis (meaning many mods and weapons are far harder to obtain than they should be). 

Also, another issue. We need a reliable way to regenerate health. Only Oberon and Trinity have innate healing, and the methods we have (healing pads, life strike, winds of purity, etc.) are only bandaids to the current issues being that we cannot regenerate health in a sufficient way in normal gameplay. 

What would you say is the most balanced thing in Warframe?

Probably syndicates, to be honest. I don't think there's one syndicate that's clearly heads-over-heels "better" than the other syndicates (at least, now that Suda's SG has been nerfed). 

> What is the least? 

As mentioned earlier: warframes and modding. 

Coptering / Wall running / Parkour 2.0 / Spy mission

Coptering should be removed from the game, it is a wrong way to provide mobility to players. It's completely wrong. How unreasonable is that while you can only keep up your speed with coptering(air melee slide atk) and running with your !(tapping crouch in sprinting).

Wall running and parkour 2.0, it's not completed yet I suppose? Well, whatever. Parkour 2.0 and wall running basically need to be fast enough, stable enough, and with a need of suitable skill level. Player need to train their skills for achieve the more complex and deep movement and let Warframe feels like more an action game. Also not too hard and letting Warframe become DMC.

Speaking of that, I would like to suggest some idea for parkour 2.0. One of the reason for me to AFK Warframe is that those animations are cool, but the movements are suck. Seems like there is only deceleration on frames but not the friction. If you mod your frame with +30% slide speed for NO run speed mod, after u slide u will found that the frame is sliding on the surface with a running animation, and I don't really like that, that feeling is not solid, it feels cheap, it's only deceleration, not friction.

Above is my feel, now is the suggestions. I suggest to add in 3 stage of movement on ground. The first one is normal running. You can keep moving while you shooting/meleeing with almost full accuracy and normal recoil.

Secondly, sprinting. With holding the sprint button u will started to sprint, and while sprinting you can still shoot/melee but with some debuff, maybe more recoil, lower accuracy, slightly lowering melee atk speed, etc.

Thirdly, charging. With holding the sprint button and let your self ready to sprint, also input the command like "WW" and you will start charging. Only forward direction is allowed. While you are charging, u can NOT shoot/melee. And if you were trying to attack, your frame will back to the status depends on your control. For example, if u were charging and u were holding the Sprint button, and u atk, ur frame will automatically back to "sprinting" mode as u were holding the sprint button. And if you started to atk and only holding normal movement key like "W", ur frame will automatically back to the normal running mode.

For the spy mission, I would like to say Warframe never became a Ninja game, it's only a superman game. Warrior with super power, not ninja. Warframe is not ninja. It is a completely wrong concept while u said this is ninja but all of them are superman.

Stealth, stealth, stealth. Not only super high speed rushing and become god of war. The game is only focus on how cool the graphics are, how cool those animations are, how fast you can "travel" instead of how much "agility" u are. Agility VS copterting, you get what I mean, right? Make it as an action game, DE, shooters...ninja? c'mon. Make some room to let tenno can stealth and get closer to the target with different direction, instead of an one-way. Also stealth system need to be more complex, need a re-work. And playing with stealth style should be rewarded, at the same time if u were spotted and there should be a punishment. What punishment? Well, It's a ninja game, just force player to stealth, u were spotted? MISSION FAIL.

EDIT:

Completionist...In short, I don't care a **** about codex. :P

Balance. Hmm. While mods affect too much, there is no balance. Re-work the mod system or never balanced.

Edited by DkPoXeR

Ive always wanted faster movment to this game ,more enemy spawn is good where its at ,stamina shouldnt stop ur running through mellee and other ,but keep it for ballance and so players would have to think atleast when there using a val or any tank ,weapons are ok where they are warframs are aswell just need a buff for our magician just to help him a tad bit not much though cuss his abillites are good,need to make prime akmagnus .likes yhe recent updates and challanges ,chang looks of maps,too reppetitive nix needs hep actually .i want light saber libe excall.needs another whip .happy so far

What is your opinion of the current movement speed in Warframe?

If the number related to the sprint speed of a warframe is meters per second, real sprinters run 5 times faster.

The issue with movement isn't just speed, but inertia and lack of friction! When I play with Frost, it feels like I'm trying to steer a train through jelly, it's as if he weighted a ton. On the contrary, a sped-up Volt glides on surface like snowboard on snow, to such degree that I can jump, turn around, and slide backwards for 10 meters, his legs pumping the ground, or just fly off the ground trying to run downstairs.

Also, no real gravity. As AlienOvermind have said, jumping feels like underwater. It looks as if the character was simply lifted off the ground and he only pulls his legs under himself.

Edited by BouIdershoulder

Need more dynamic parkour motions. From the Devstream couple of weeks ago, couldn’t see some motions in Sentients trailer(like climbing like spiderman). But mostly, I was satisfied with parkour 2.0 preview.

In spy missions, team play has always troller and noob which ruin the mission. Solo is more efficient way to play.

Think we need more detailed customizing system for appearance(like weapon attach method, skin, coloring section). That might be makes more complete.

Most of all, Archwing is in depletion of mod variation even can’t talk it with the balance in it.  

Edited by -DExcalibur-

The Spy Alone

Spy missions are perfectly balanced for solo runs. DE should however incentivize them to be run in teams. I've opined before that there should be additional reward for simultaneous hacking. Increase the number of terminals to 4, and if a squad can hack all 4 at nearly the same time, there should be an additional bonus for it.

i love this idea. Spy shouldnt be made easier to accommodate teamplay, it should be made more rewarding. If the mission could adjust depending on number of players, this would be a great addition. A full squad could mean an extra terminal, a countdown to extract all files (or at least 3) at the same time in one minute for bonus reward (not failure)...this would make spy very exciting if all four players to coordinate - "ok, ready, go!"

Edited by Hypernaut1

Speed:

I don't get why some frames are so slow. There seems to be some sort of blind spot when it comes to ensuring the slow, tanky frames are actually tanky by comparison with anything else. Regardless, picking up the speed for those would be great.

Balance:

Nothing that hasn't been said before, but we need better scaling for pure damage abilities, and we need sane balancing for armour. Also, the Infested have a couple of ridiculous synergies at the moment that make them no fun to fight.

Spy:

Is a fun gametype... solo. Any change to make it less painful for groups would likely mean making it less challenging solo. Any change requiring group co-ordination is going to end in more recriminations on inevitable failure/trolling in pub games - which is the opposite of the thread's intent - and only organised groups enjoying the benefit.

most people that voted "Movement speed is pretty good currently." dont even know coptering will be removed..

i know its being removed. i think the speed is fine.

i dont want all frames feeling like Volt with speed boost. Parkour 2.0 should provide boost if needed.

i would like to see login rewards back on the table for discussion.

PARKOUR

Going faster or slower... Not my concern. I think elegance, precision and effectiveness should be the pervading concepts and focus for movement in Warframe or ANY NINJA-themed game. Bounding off enemies as shown in the devstream, seems like a good direction/start.

But I would like to see more chain-able acrobatic moves that are actually effective for dodging enemy fire. Hitboxes and hit-detection may need to be reworked.

We need a truly S.M.A.R.T. system (smooth movement across random terrrain.) Don't copy BRINK. Please dont copy BRINK. But that idea behind that acronym would be a great backbone.

Edited by RawGritz