June 19Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Drew

Community Hot Topics  

2,093 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

clearly you didnt understand what i said. why should i play spy with others when they are the majority of the time going to compromise the rewards.  i'd rather do it myself in half the time and gurantee the rewards on top of it.

Oooooh okayy...

Yeah I missed the point. :p

The thing is that the problem has one step in the community, and the other one in DE's basement...

What would you suggest to make it more doable with pubs?

In terms of movement and Parkour 2.0 I have voted 'other.' In short I would like to say that I believe the movement in the game is slower than is optimal, and as a result of this, and the limitation of stamina, the phenomena of 'coptering' came to be. When 'coptering,' a player uses a small amount of stamina to quickly cover vast distances. This helps in movement, and in evasion.

As parkour and movement is now, it is limiting and slow in comparison to the dangers a Tenno has to evade. My biggest upsetting factor with how things are now, is that the movement system is somewhat unreliable, unresponsive, and disruptive. When you press space to Jump, your Warframe does not always jump right away. Whether you tap Jump quickly, or press it, you still jump the same height. You don't immediately roll when you press shift. Sometimes I am able to wall run, sometimes the Warframe jumps off, sometimes they don't register a wall-run at all. I can not control the INFURIATING rolling the Warframe does automatically, nor can I control the 'climb up' animation when on ledges, even if the 'ledge' is not supposed to be there at all. Various terrain in the maps of the game register as parkour elements even if they are not, such as trying to climb an ornamental wall in the Orokin Void, and the Warframe registers a golden wall design as a 'ledge.' The result is they climb up onto the nonexistent ledge, breaking the flow of climbing and just push off in the middle of the wall and the player falls down. The movement now also lacks synergy. Whatever action the player is doing requires the player to either stop or be walking. You can not shoot while running, you can not dodge while moving (in fact you must be aiming down-sights to dodge at all!) The majority of combat actions causes the player to break running, which if toggled is incredibly frustrating. Why is it so bad to stop moving in Warframe? That is because there is a slew of enemy danger fatal to the player AND unknown to the player, with the lack of precise HUD and informatory design. Incoming missiles, aiming Snipers, thrown grenades, none of which can be seen in the heat of combat until you are already taking damage from said enemies. This is a whole new topic.

Now if the Hot Topic is to discuss whether or not 'Coptering' should be removed as a form of transportation, then I would say yes it should. HOWEVER if by 'Coptering' you mean to remove the spinning attack on melee weapons, then I would say no you should not.

IF Parkour 2.0 is fluid in its mechanics of motion, if it is responsive, if it is faster, if it allows the player to swiftly evade danger and cover terrain, THEN I believe that the 'Coptering' phenomena by itself will slowly fade away. The only way to remove the act of 'Coptering' is to introduce better modes of movement, which I hope will be made possible by Parkour/Movement 2.0.

I simply wish Movement/Parkour 2.0 to be responsive, reliable, and fluid.

___

Spy Missions are a refreshing new flavor of gameplay previously unknown to Warframe players. If even a little bit, it offers puzzle mechanics that encourage players to think before they fire, and work together. It even allows players to split up between all three of the Spy vaults. This is different from all other mission modes. Now it is difficult to coordinate with public players, however I do not believe it should be solo only.

I believe overall most missions in Warframe should be possible both as teamwork and as solo options.

I believe the core issue behind this topic, not only for Spy but for other gamemodes as well, is the distribution of roles and information amongst all four players. Or lack thereof. Think of it similar to how Grand Theft Auto V organizes it's heists and gives roles to each of the players, who then have unique markers and instructions from their point of view. This can potentially reward a new sense of teamwork in all kinds of missions, including Spy. Imagine in the basic Extermination mission; the four Tenno players as of now are in a competition who can get to the enemy markers the quickest, kill them all the fastest, more often than not leaving behind a player who simply just picks up loot. If an enemy is stuck and left behind, the map seems to instruct all four players to turn on a dime simultaneously and backtrack after them.

Meanwhile these roles and instructions, shown in a hopefully revamped and responsive HUD system, can all be optional! So that if a player is on Solo, they can experience the same mission without missing out on any added content.

___

Balance is quite the ongoing issue. It is difficult to say what is right and what is wrong, and how to balance that as it is a subjective topic.

I believe the least balanced thing right now in Warframe are the Warframes themselves, and mission reward structures.

In short: The old Warframes are outdated, the new Warframes have cool new tricks and exciting play-styles. This is more evident an example with the release of Excalibur's overhaul, he is the shining of example of an old and outdated Warframe being brought up to speed with the higher level of creative new Warframes. I believe that other Warframes deserve the same attention and need to be overhauled as well. Not just simple buffs or tweaks to abilities, but some real thought to abilities that are lackluster. From the promised Frost, to Rhino, to Ember, to any Warframe that relies on the enemy AI for their abilities, such as Nyx or Nekros.

As for missions, I can go to the beginning levels in Mercury and get a common mod 5 waves into a Defense mission, and then go to a level 40 Defense on Pluto and get the same common mod. The endless missions types DO NOT reward time invested in them as a player.  Whether you play for 20 minutes in a Survival, or 60 minutes, you are not promised anything different or new. The rewards are stagnant, and so is the game-play. I would love to see some sort of stacking perk system in the field, random occurrences to spice things up, maybe multiple rewards for longer stays, anything to break the monotony of fighting the same hoards for extended periods of time.

Thank you for reading!

Movement Speed

Movement speed should be faster and coptering should go away. I like the air-dash slash, though. 

Spy Missions Favoring Solo Players

No mission type should favor solo players since Warframe is a coop game.

HOWEVER. The risk of running with other players are mostly too great so most players run the mission solo.

​Completionist 

In most things, I can be considered a completionist. Two areas of the game I refuse to touch are mods (since gotta collect them all is a waste of time since most mods are underwhelming at best.) and Archwing (that thing can burn in a fire somewhere). 

Balance

Oh, this is a hard one. Secondaries, Infested Enemies, Sentinels and Corrupted Mods I gave my vote to.

Rewards are mostly getting their backdoors hacked by unfair RNG so that ain't balanced.

Primaries are unbalanced since max 10 primaries are "valid" and the rest if mastery fuel. Melee is good but not good enough. Melee doesn't work with every situation and there is too much risk compared to rewards at higher levels.. 

Archwing is just bad overall, in my opinion, so I am just gonna deny it my vote.

Cannot speak for Conclave since I do not PvP.
Warframes are too imbalanced.

Dual stat mods are good but not good enough. I feel like they were VERY close for a vote.

Regular mod reign from absolutely mandatory and useless-pieces-of-garbage and that isn't what I call balanced. 

Corpus is the faction I hate the most so they do not get a vote.

Grineer isn't balanced when it comes to procs and AoEs. 

Parkour 2.0

I'm not too worried about the changes here. Stamina going away sounds like a pure upgrade to the game (the ONLY reason I could see stamina staying, would be if it was the resource which manages Channeling and Blocking, and possibly also dodges and manually handspringing back up from knockdowns. But that's it.). Having unlimited sprinting, due to removal of Stamina, sounds like a good thing imo.

While I can consider myself a coptering/air melee-abusing player to go faster, I don't see a big issue with these being normalized in speed, to make them more like COMBAT tools, and giving more room for Parkouring and mobility-abilities to be useful.

EDIT: Although, I feel that the sprinting speeds could be crunched together a LITTLE bit more. Loki and such, those are fine, but Frost and similar, feel a tad too slow. Otherwise, not much to complain about here.

The Spy Alone

I only do them solo, but that is not because I don't think they are impossible to do in groups. Just that I don't trust others stealth / mobility skills :P So I guess my opinion is that I don't really see a need for a change here *shrugs* But if there IS a change incoming for it, please, do NOT make it more tedious for the solo players.

Completionists

I'm a pretty hardcore completionist. All weapons, mods, Warframes, codex scans, avatars, cosmetics, (except Noggles and Warframe stances, those are just insanely overpriced platinum sinks that even I avoid!), all full price prime access stuff (only due to the avatars being locked behind the full price purchases, if they were part of the accessories pack, I'd only buy that). Yeah, I try to get all of that.

But there has been a few additions to the game that are VERY anti-completionist:

* Noggles and Warframe stances. Only available through platinum and are greatly overpriced.

* Syndicate cosmetics and similar stuff. Too grindy for my time, so I'm just keeping up 4 Syndicates. Bleh.

* Arcane enhancements. The worst addition so far. They are stuck to COSMETICS (which you said were NOT supposed to influence anything other than cosmetics. Liars!), but even worse; they are not SWAPPABLE freely, like mods are. Thus, I haven't even bothered with these because I do NOT support this horrible design. Pure bullS#&$, if I may say so.

Balance

The overall balance is quite dreadful. But that is mainly due to ONE simple thing: Scaling. Our weapons and enemies' defense scale somewhat equally. Warframe powers (those with flat damage) do NOT. If our weapons didn't scale so insanely well (due to all the high damagemultipliers the mods provide), then the enemy defenses wouldn't need to scale so aggressively either (armor being the #1 culprit here), which would also mean that abilities wouldn't fall off so quickly either.

Here's some wise balancing-words for you: Multipliers, use them LIGHTLY!

Then there is clear Warframe-bias. A lot of Warframe suffer stupid QoL-issues (Limbo's all rift issues, Hydroid's lack of recastability on his #1 and #4, and so on), while other Warframes offer pure easy-mode. And those Warframes that DO provide scaling, they scale too well (Eclipse's enormous bonus is disgustingly badly balanced, with the Total Eclipse augment clearly showing this issue when combined with characters like Mesa. It's fine on something like Sonar, because it requires some actual user input). Augments also show this bias / lack of balance (Contagion Cloud, Hallowed Reckoning, Pool of Life... what kind of joke augments are these? Compare them to, say, Irradiating Disarm. Yeah, balance is NOT your strong suit DE...)

If you want some (thorough) ideas for warframe balance, check here

Likewise, there is horrible weapon-balancing. This is mainly due to powercreep though. But weapons, I believe, is the easiest to fix of all balance-issues. Tiers are fine (even though I preferred how you started out with everything in Warframe being sidegrades), but the complete lack of tier-sorting (Boltor Prime MR2, while Supra MR7? Mkaaay?) and the gap between the lowest and highest tiers are far too big imo.

In short: Reduce the wide tier-gaps and sort the tiers better.

I've tried to do that in here

Damage 2.0 also needs a look at, although, the main issue is Armor 2.0. Damagetypes matter TOO much imo. And the fact that some procs are downright useless (Puncture) or overly niched (Magnetic, Corrosive) is not a good thing either. Some more proc-variety (as in, less niched) and smaller multipliers, please?

Fix armor once and for all, make useless procs better (Puncture: Could reduce the target's damage dealt AND increase its damage taken!) and less niched (Magnetic: Make it do a short stun? Plus temporarily disable enemy abilities+auras? Corrosive: AoE acid splash, which increases the targets' damage taken, on top of the armor removal?)

Then there are mods. This is the worst part. I mean, are you seriously thinking that a mod like Intruder will compete with a mod like Redirection, Streamline, Intensify etc? Or that Magazine Warp will ever compete with something like Serration, Split Chamber, Hellfire etc? Hahaha, get outta here!

My long and thorough attempt to balance all mods, here

In short, here are the main ideas:

1) Heavily tone down the damage-increasing weapon-mods. Remember that all of these mods stack, and we are dealing with PERCENTAGES, which very easily can make things scale out of hand (which we clearly can see now in WF).

2) Give us a few (4?) slots dedicated for utilitymods (for everything moddable; Warframes, Archwing, Sentinels, Weapons etc). Even if damagemods were toned down, they would STILL not be smart to keep as competition with the utility mods. Splitting it up would allow for more variety and customization.

3) Something very specific, but also very important: One of the biggest issues for Warframe modifications, that REALLY need to be looked at is Power Efficiency. Currently, 75% efficiency is NOT 75% efficiency, it is 75% cost reduction, which equals to a 300% bonus efficiency. Fix the formula to ACTUALLY be efficiency please, that'd be a good step towards Warframe balance.

4) Generally, streamline most mods. Currently, there is too much multishot for secondaries, shotgun mods suck etc. Make the numbers more similar (even EQUAL) across weapontypes, if possible.

5) Corrupted mods... they really need a rebalancing. Make them more powerful than their regular counterparts, but make them unequippable with one another (Example: Heavy Caliber grants a more powerful bonus than Serration, but comes with an accuracy penalty + Heavy Caliber and Serration can't be equipped at the same time either)

I'd say that the most balanced thing we have right now is Archwing. But, it's still bad. Armor is still a massive culprit (No Corrosive modding? Ok, good luck with the Grineer!) and the elemental mods still matter too much. But the issues are less severe for Archwing, imo.

Edited by Azamagon

Movement Speed:

Faster.

I've been saying this multiple times, but sprint should be the go-to option for long distance travel.

Dashes flips and whatnot should be the "short and fast" of the game. (Speaking of which, you should spread the mirage roll speed across all warframes)

Spy:

It definitely is easier solo.

I don't see why it should not be improved for a safer co-op play.

Completion:

I try to get most things, but if something is too weak / boring / useless I will not do it.

I still have some very old, very weak weapons to build, my codex is far from complete, and I haven't touched raids

Balance:

Oh boy.

I mean, weapon balance is nonexistant. That includes both base weapon stats and mods. Hard hitting weapons with medium firerate are the obvious go to, as the extremes of each spectrum are either too slow to deal with the hordes of enemies, or run out of ammo too fast.

Convert ammo drops to percentage of total weapon ammo (1-2%), remove shotgun fall-of damage completely, normalize shotgun mods with rifle mods, scale back or completely remove "must have" mods (serration etc), integrate them into weapon leveling system if needed.

Speaking of mods, warframe mods precisely, we've been rolling down with the powercreep snowball for a while.

Mods should NOT UPGRADE, mods should MODIFY.

Because Warframes are so insanely powerful thanks to mods now we have to deal with nullifiers and level 80+ enemies with stupid armor values.

Scale it back. All of it. I miss the days when you had to use your weapon to deal with enemies, and warframe abilities were a safety net to fall back on.

Running through a level pressing 4, killing everything, without being limited in any way is not fun.

Nerf energy restores, nerf the ability spam, nerf the stupidly overpowered builds.

And finally, about mods themselves.

IF A MOD IS UNDERPERFORMING, BUFF IT. RELEASING A NEW MOD THAT DOES THE SAME THING BUT BETTER IS DUMB.

EDIT:

About rewards:

Finite missions (exterminate etc) don't give enough (both in XP and loot) compared to endless ones.

Add some kind of bonus based on mission type (Spy 2.0 is a step in a good direction) so people feel interested in finite missions

Edited by Shifted

Balance?

Rewards: The time invested in missions is unrewarding from defence/survival/excavation/interception etc. Normalise void keys so 1 key can enter any type void mission and tier. And move ducats in small quantitys into normal mission lockers/containers etc. So we're not forced into 1 gametype/tileset for the rewards. Its horrible to see that I have to have had over 800 ducats last weekend for the ducat trader. That alone is asking for 20 void runs a week atleast. Thats very intense when you include other daily things like syndicate missions, 8 player raids, alerts etc.

Syndicate rewards.are perfect as they are. I would build more rewards into them. :) Or maybe even add some more factions to the mix with some different(new) items on offer.

Weapons:  (snipers/shotguns) remain massively ineffective against things like nullifiers. Then theres old weapons like the Supra and miter which are'nt very effective at all. I am happy with Melle and 2ndary weapons.

Damage 2.0 Love it, would love to see more dual stat mods around things like slash damage, impact, toxin, duration etc.

Arkwings: interception missions are way too hard, expereince obtained is way to low for solo'ing and ranged weapons feel way too weak, ineffective and unsatisfying due to how difficult it is to aim at speed in arkwing missions. Also thier damage feels way to weak for the difficulty of aiming. Enemy AI needs some more natural behavior. (accuracy reduction when they're moving) aswell as behavior like they rotate, turn, retreat, find cover etc. add finishers and stealth features into arkwing missions.

Factions: In a good place, I would still reduce the damage of faction assasins and work on a better balancing system for boss scaling when high levels group with low/new players. Infested anceints and a few grineer units i think do need some slight adjustments for example (the grapple from anceints is way to accurate.)

Sentinels and Kubrows: Sentinels are fine as is. Only I would give all frames/sentinels vacuum. Kubrows need a more responsive and faster to react AI. They also need to be less costly and more bonding activitys with them outside of missions.

Warframes: I think some warframes are totally useless when brought to places like defence missions or survival. Allot of the current enemies juststeamroll players for taking frames that cant 1 hit k/o or cant protect a pod. Crowd controlling well... its not an art anymore thanks to things like nullifiers and the volume of enemies that spawn at once.

Completionists

Again if its a one off thing i wont mind being a completionist. Completing things in this game is too grindy or very high difficulty for solo (like the asteroid defence tile set when unlocking the starchart). I have absolutely no mood or desire to even attempt it. The same can be said for events. Even if the rewards at the end are very attractive if it eats too much time or kills too much joy while eating up allot of time. It just becomes another feature of the game that i ignore because its not fun. I took 1 look at the codex and just thought "i'll have no part in this". Though i would be interested if sniper scopes doubled or came attached with a codex scanner.

The Spy Alone

This is more to do with just comfortable gameplay. I think spy missions with team mates would be cool if we could disguise ourselves as grineer/corpus to breach the security without fear of being caught. Maybe add a secure room in the missions that allow players to disable security systems of all vaults first. But make these rooms very tough enemies. Or with security cameras and allow a player to remotely disable or scout spy vaults. Through a series of hacking puzzles. In saying all that im happy with spy 2.0 and the solo its great to be able to choose the pace i play the game at. i love it.

Coptering / Wall running / Parkour 2.0

I enjoy the movement system we have now. I think we defintely need better wall running aswell as things like jumping over rails. I would not touch the forward flips people do. Thats allot of fun. Especially in the past when we could do a slam attack with our melee weapon at the end of the flip <3

Balance?  Nothing is balanced.  Syndicate rewards are balanced decently I suppose.

Balance is the art and science of maximizing player choice.  Thereby you minimize "false choices"; things that are unviable in endgame play (as most players are going to be choosing based upon power.)  By removing the necessity to choose based on power, players are then allowed to choose based on their preferences, which leads to fun.

But if I want to get into a nightmare raid I need to pick irradiating loki with boltor prime.  That's not choice, and that's not fun.  It also means that people who come into my modest t3 game with irradiating loki and boltor prime, the difficulty curve goes out the window.

Bad balance is bad for everyone, even if they don't realize it.

Movement speed:  It could be faster but should be achieved with great effort and practice and skills.

Spy: Yes. Because a big group of machines smashing through the way in doesn't feel discreet at all.  However, the enemies spawning pattern should be adjusted also.

Completionist: I would be happy to complete the codex, but I don't feel the urge to collect all the weapons etc.

Balance: Balance is currently not exist in this game in any aspect in my eyes. Maybe sentinels and kubrows. I'd blame the infinite scaling system as well as an unclear official balance level in the game.  If you don't want to announce an official balance level, kill the infinite scaling. If you want to keep infinite scaling, announce one.

The one thing I want to add along the lines off balance is that as of lately DE has been attempting to use augment mods to balance certain skills or weapons that arent where they should be. Where this may give a skill some flavor the original is still tasteless and overall a person has to waste drain to fix something thats broken instead of it being adressed normally. IE nyx chaos and a few others. So basically overall the frame is still worse having to waste this drain on skills that should work as intended. A skill rework is way more ideal and hate to see it revised in other ways.

One more thing I feel as though may need to be adressed is the enemy scaling torwards higher levels makes very little sense. Instead of enemy damage growing exponentially I think maybe in increased in TTK and plateauing dmg at a reasonable number might work a little better. thats just my 2 cents

(note that what I'm going to say may cause me a warning since i might offend a lot of people - but I don't care )

Movement ,speed and warframe balance need a serious (sort of) change.

IMO from the very beginning coptering (and launching) was a neglected bug that became a "fun" feature. The mechanics itself its faulty to the core (including mentality of the players that are protecting it). Whats the point of creating sophisticated maps, parkur, puzzles... All the hard work of creating those goes to waste since you just can copter from point "a" to point "b" easily. Moreover this mechanic is limited to a few weapons/builds. IMO its ether all or none.

And thats why I'm happy that in movement 2.0 (or parkur 2.0 - whatever you name it) coptering will be fixed/limited.

I heard argument that all of us is using them - i agree. One side is using them for the mentioned " fun" mechanics, while the second ones using them to catch up the speed of the firsts.

In case of balance... I'm asking you where is the so called Co-op when one freakishly fast frame (people like that often hate co-op doors) goes to the objective in few moments leaving behind not only his team-mates but also a horde of enemies behind. Often dieing/failing the mission on the spot and blaming his team to be too slow or ending the objective in mere seconds.

Side note:

I like the movement speed mechanics implemented in Tera - each character move at the same speed outside of the fight - and their speed is changed according the their class inside a fight (all of them are slowed, some more than other).

Back on topic:

There is also a oversight how does the warframe mods works. Its even sometimes illogical.

For example: duration mods normally will effect how long the ability will lasts. but why they also effect (indirectly) how long the skill is taking effect (like how long a rhino is " flying " with his charge ability); and in extreme case a minus (reduced) duration will grand significant increase of a dmg ability.

But the buggy mechanics like that exists also in str mods.

I realize that what I described are only extreme cases (and often biased). But we must realize that either glorify one element (mechanics, oversight, bug... whatever...) and the rest is biting the dust, or we give everyone an equal rights and chances.

Edited by Cracken

I think movement speed is fine as it currently is but if DE does opt to increase movement speed, I believe it should be a flat increase across the board (With Loki still being the fastest by the amount he currently is). Loki (and other fast frames) shouldn't be slowed down directly or relatively via an increase in the speed of slower frames alone. If stamina is removed I won't really care so long as the stamina related mods are changed to something useful. Basically what I'm saying is, no matter what change is implemented Frost should never be as fast as Loki.

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

Movement, has become both the moast iconic part of Warframe, and my biggest problem with the game. Has become one of my biggest reasons for not playing not showing up to team with my clan.

I don't really have an opinion on whether things should be made faster or slower. What I would like to see, is simply the differance in speed between the moast skilled and least skilled ( I am depresavely accepting I will be the latter forever) be made smaller.

This is a team game ostensinably, it is a game about teaming about shared experiances and cameradere. Or its meant to be.

For me, its a game of walking through empty hall ways I hardly see in a bad rush planitavely spamming pleas for my clan mates to wait for me! To help me whe I get lost becase I'm 3 tiles behind and the map is at times worse than useless!

And this was as Rhino Prime with the helmet that buffs run speed!

People are going to *@##&#036; at me for being a filthy casual over this, but the simple fact of the matter is I've gone from playing so much I dragged in a real life freind, to basicly never playing. To even sitting out gift allerts beacse theres just no fun in feeling like someones kid brother trying to keep up. Its not fun, its just humiliating and I can find better ways to litteraly waste my time.

I never feel the controlls are working with me, if I try to vault cover half the time I flick backwards (This is a majour contributor to my getting lost) and if Coperting and the rest must become part of the accepted skill set, they need to be made explicitly in tutorials and codex, part of the accepted skill set.

The controlls also have to be made more forgiving, becase every time I grudgingy get coaxed into logging in and spend another mission where I wasn't close enough to shoot once, is another step DE gets to loosing a customer all together.

Keeping up with ones team should not be my primary sorce of 'chalenge'.

Movement, has become both the moast iconic part of Warframe, and my biggest problem with the game. Has become one of my biggest reasons for not playing not showing up to team with my clan.

I don't really have an opinion on whether things should be made faster or slower. What I would like to see, is simply the differance in speed between the moast skilled and least skilled ( I am depresavely accepting I will be the latter forever) be made smaller.

This is a team game ostensinably, it is a game about teaming about shared experiances and cameradere. Or its meant to be.

For me, its a game of walking through empty hall ways I hardly see in a bad rush planitavely spamming pleas for my clan mates to wait for me! To help me whe I get lost becase I'm 3 tiles behind and the map is at times worse than useless!

And this was as Rhino Prime with the helmet that buffs run speed!

People are going to *@##&#036; at me for being a filthy casual over this, but the simple fact of the matter is I've gone from playing so much I dragged in a real life freind, to basicly never playing. To even sitting out gift allerts beacse theres just no fun in feeling like someones kid brother trying to keep up. Its not fun, its just humiliating and I can find better ways to litteraly waste my time.

I never feel the controlls are working with me, if I try to vault cover half the time I flick backwards (This is a majour contributor to my getting lost) and if Coperting and the rest must become part of the accepted skill set, they need to be made explicitly in tutorials and codex, part of the accepted skill set.

The controlls also have to be made more forgiving, becase every time I grudgingy get coaxed into logging in and spend another mission where I wasn't close enough to shoot once, is another step DE gets to loosing a customer all together.

Keeping up with ones team should not be my primary sorce of 'chalenge'.

Balance: I could only vote for Archwing (because there's such a limited variety of them that theyre quite balanced against each other) and 'other'. I cannot confidently vote on any others because there are so many glaring errors in the balance system. Should Rhino Prime run as fast as other frames? Should he have less armour than Excalibur? Why was the Synoid Gammacor even considered balanced in the first place? Why is the Anku a straight upgrade to every other Scythe in the game and not just a puncutre based sidegrade?

Balance is a never ending battle in a game where constant updates bring new weapons and equipment, ultimately i think you do well, but there are certain little niggling things in every category that stop me being able to vote them as 'being among the best balanced'. Bare in mind that what I've mentioned isn't a complaint, merely an observation and an opinion.

Yeesh, what's with all these too-broad-to-answer-in-a-single-sentance questions? I almost picked "other" for every answer.

Parkour 2.0. movement speed - If I feel anxious, then I'd hate to see how Steve feels edition

First of all, I'd like to bring to your attention this guys idea of removing "stamina" in favour of "agility".

And second of all, with coptering gone, I think the sprint speed should be a-okay.

Balance

Ehhhhh...

All aspects of warframe are decently balanced. The only one that stands out as properly balanced is the conclave arsenal.

Science is divided into multiple categories because it would be insane for one person to be an expert in all of them, even prodigies aren't that good. There's plenty of feedback going around for everything.

Archwing (3D minimap, better missile warnings, needs more dogfighting)

Warframe (Ember, Rhino, Limbo and Banshee say hi)

Weapons (Absurd damage on some weapons is due to infinite scaling of enemies. Snipers overshadowed by rifles, shotguns being lackluster)

Enemies (Bombard's near sentient homing rocket, no faction themed melee weapons for radial disarm, lack of proper heavy melee units, INFINITE ARMOR SCALINGOMNIPRESENT AWARENESS OF PLAYER POSITION)

Melee (Enemies not reactive enough to melee attacks)

Quite a lot of things indeed.

Spy missions favor solo play

Well duh, it's easier to hide one person than a group of people. If you have a good, communicative team you can do all three vaults in the time it takes for a solo player to do one, but there's a bigger chance of messing up.

Completionist question 2: electric boogaloo

I play for fun. Fun is more important than digital loot. If collecting said digital loot is fun I'll do it.

Player Movement

Movement speed is fine as-is, I think, but it needs better animations to go with it. Right now sprinting feels like jogging with a super-sped up animation. Give us an actual sprint! Have us pump our arms; take long, bounding strides; and lean further into it! Make us feel fast, like the Excalibur on Rush looks! Make us feel like we're using a super-suit, not running around like some nimble TPS protag. 

Spy Missions

I think you (DE) should recognize why it is that Spy favors solo play. You need to own up to the fact that you've created a solo game that is best played cooperatively. There is no incentive to cooperate. Powers don't really mesh together except when it comes to exploitative ult-spamming, and the game really just boils down to "who can shoot the most things the fastest." 

Spy favors solo play because it requires coordination and patience, whereas most of Warframe's players are uncoordinated and impatient. 

You don't need to change spy; you need to find a way to get people to actually cooperate. 

Completionism

I don't really see myself as a completionist. It's nice to finish with something, but this isn't really a fair distinction; what else is there to do in Warframe, but complete things? Finish ranking that new weapon. Finish farming that new mod. Finish collecting Prime parts. Finish ranking up that R10. Finish grinding your Syndicate. 

There's nothing BUT completion when it comes to the PVE aspect of the game, which we've been lead to believe is the primary mode of play. 

Balance

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at you guys having the notion that this game is balanced in any way. Actual balance changes are about as common as a new Prime, and that is the absolute worst way to go about creating balance. They should be frequent and regular, involving small, incremental tweaks, not heavy-handed and sweeping changes that only disrupt the status quo.

I am disgusted that you listed Conclave loadouts as a comparison to PVE for balance when you completely rejected the notion that PVP balance experience might be in any way beneficial to PVE balance. If you're going to say that two things are apples and oranges, you need to maintain that they are apples and oranges. 

Coptering / Wall running / Parkour 2.0:

I think it could be quicker but I only care on the sprint because it seem really that anything is quicker then sprinting. Which I think is the greatest issue I ave with the movement, I just see only people coptering around as well I'm too but only because sprinting seem so useless. Loki sprint speed should be the new 1.00 at least so that they can at least be some degree quick. Sure Rhino and Frost are tank but also ninja and in my knowledge ninja are very agile. Otherwise I say is pretty good the wall running determent on you sprint too so if that is fix I could see that be good enough.
Just please improve sprinting because coptering is just waaay better for mobility in air maybe ok but on ground it feel kinda out place.

The Spy Alone:

I'm here 50/50% but I'm ok it be solo. Let be real the best thing is that this mission you actually have fun running alone and is way better then spy 1.0.
Of course a accident is a accident but this mission is about sneaking so tripping should be punish since we suppose to be ninja plus we should have mods and gear to help us out so no excuse here.
But if you insist a suggestion well what about this: 2Player= +10 sec. / 3Player= +15 sec. / 4Player= +18 sec. addition to the standard data destruction it should be enough time to rush in in almost any spy vault.

Completionists

I am one too and I like having all mods at max at least one so when the "primed" came I start to run so many mission for R5 core and base on your feedback it seem I'm not the only one almost on the brink on burn-out here. Now some people aren't but it seem those who invest in the game and support are so the change of primed be release one at time or two but far in between for the enough farming for the mods to max. Other then that Fusion core drop should be improve in some way that I will suggest the topic next.
The only thing that irritated me are the PVP mods in the Codex because I'm not so much a PvP I found myself force to play only to get all the mods so that the codex got complete, maybe we should move all ONLY PvP mods into its own section rather be the same (even if is augment as long you can't use in PvE it should be not in the same category but like afterburner is ok since you can use it in the regular game) or give them one the blurred picture a conclave symbol at least so I can see which is which.
ohh... the Fusion core are in the codex useless too.... otherwise I think is pretty good for the world of a completioniest xD.

Balance

Warframe:

What Can I say the are a few that need more love and improvement some already gain one like Excalibur and I love it despise not having play it yet (PS4 player). Of course that will be improve in the future hopefully so that in the end is more of play-style and favor decision rather on which is more OP or which has better CC then xy-Warfarne then Xz-warframe. Of course what mission typs other are better suit then some other because of the ability but
that should be ok. btw make the cataclysm to be able to pick up at least the health and energy orb since that really is annoying and almost not wanna use it because of that.

Primar, Secondary:

I'm ok that some are better end game weapon then other are at best late game but both viable but sadly there are weapon that are completely none of both and those need more love, like pathera I like that idea and the weapon but is not as gory which isn't a surprise (look and make it same as Dead Space! xD) but the saw mod is so weak with such a risk but I like the mechanic. Now sure prime are better then regular and as well vandal and wrath but I can only excuse it if there will be a version of one of them.
Also I though it would be better if Prime is for tenno exclusive, wrath for grineer and vandal for corpus. Release some Prime in event an then in the void later is not a bad idea if the choice weapon is a tenno too.

Melee:

Hot topic here, I love dagger and the twin dagger but they are so damn weak (But I like them on personal reason), maybe they should have a stealth bonus multiplier in DMG and EXP, or maybe they are dominate in one on one fight it high stagger chance... I don't know some melee are better then other I hope there will be more mods from syndicate specially for that rather then the guns but that is only my opinion  though I wouldn't mind  guns augment too ;P

Archwing:

Pick someone up! Is so damn hard and annoying to find sometimes, improve it with a green transparent sphere (Big pick-up radius) and green orbital core (small but help to locate better) being the frame, rather then this green smock it should like a wire like and you just need to be in the big sphere to be able to pick up (in two way: one staying in the sphere its 50% slower then normal but you can fight back or press the button and wire connect to you friend to pick him/her up), is balance sine the enemy make best effort to destroy you anyway since we have no companion (at a sentinel. wings so they can help us up please! need my Scanner-Friend XD)
But I haven't been into to much to tell the balance flaw but I think the enemy hit like a truck and is sometimes hard to avoid, pick up is way to hard (for me at least) and I want a companion  for three category too: Scanner, Looter and Fighter and another sanctuary like protection for the bullet storm while pick up, maybe just add a companion wings for the current one so we can use our current right away, no new mods just % boost on all states so it doesn't die by the first attack. Or maybe put them into a bubble that enhance by ordis all its states and ability making it indestructible but less reliable for help clearing enemy rather help out for being crowded (Fighter), Scanning (Sacnner) and Pick-up Loot (Looter)   

Syndicate:

Pretty good and fair but I can't stress it more make everything trade-able! Why because It would make the Platin flow go up again and you already recognize there are completionist and run between the syndicate could make it a very obnoxious there are enough people willing to buy it rather then run for 2 weeks the syndicate and full-fill all the other task a long it it and we also come the way of a burn-out again.
More things to trade means more platin flow and there is no excuse for way I wouldn't want it since tenno are mercenary the loyalty is only on the lotus and not syndicate.

Faction:

Pretty balance I guess they have their strenght and weakness and infested are no pushback since the new infested are included, still the weakest but seem to suited in some way since the disease should be the real danger from them.

Defense, Survival and Interception Reward:

hmmm... Honestly please take the orokin cell from the T4 drop because it should be more fusion core (and as a end game player thise is the most important thing anyway, since it always welcome 5xR5 core) since you challenge the best and hardest section from the game and trial well those are for the end reward already.
Money should be only on easy and not on any higher since the beginner will needed but for the higher tier player shouldn't be thanks dark sector less needed, maybe increase it from ranging 5k-10k.
Anything else I think those small changes will improve it greatly

Conclave:

Still need to improve here and there but the 4th abiliy is mostly the reason, evil surge is a good idea but it will be a run and spam contest rather then I fight, I do use my first ability often to get the edge in a fight but many just gonna run around collecting energy and spam the ability as much as possible for the one hit kill. Fun,? No I still think it should be no lethal ability but should give you a great advantage and weaker the enemy for the finish him/her off. But no one care about my opinion I wrote then in PvP in DE anyway, if you do please look into my profile I'm sure there should be found.

Companion:

Good actually but I would like see them in archwing/sharkwing toofor scanning stuff or help me by pick up or simple add me in the fight for better damage, mostly give me a shield for pick.up my fellow tennos since I'm just there as there target. Maybe back the dethcube and wyrm second ability strong since djinn strength is the 60m radius obviously or at different states for each one (not only those three but all!)

Dual States, Corrupt and Regular mods:

Dual states and Corrupted mods seem to be good balance out and I think is fair but there are mods in regular that are totally useless like the status mods to low and nothing to gain.... maybe add duration into it would be nice including go higher also the minus efficiency for channeling are mostly do expensive then actually a good fair trade off. it should be less and reflex could should be higher!

Heavy impact is... useless mostly it should be changes to effect slam ground attack for increase radius or should be cause if someone knocks you down as a return effect against the one who has cast it. there are  many mods then I don's use since they are not useful. For example both shield recharge mods cost 9 and one give you a extra is no brainer which one i would prefer if I got one slot open reduce the uncommon one to 7 so that this mod that many new player get be useful for their mods load out.

I believe you are more then aware of it anyway.

Parkour 2.0

I'm gonna miss Coptering; Dual Zoren was my first melee after Skana, and after I accidentally stumbled upon that effect, I was hooked.

It's been a part of my experience in the game so long, it'll feel like ripping off my own arm when it's gone.

But, I understand that it needs to go; as long as "fling" mechanics exist (since aerial melee is dev-sanctioned "flinging", I wonder where it fits...), travel skills and dev investments into parkour won't matter, and all non-Endless missions (particularly Deception and Sabotage) will continue to be a race to extraction.

... Although now I'm tempted to see an actual mission-type that's literally a frantic race to extraction. I think it'd be great if, after completing a Sabotage objective, whatever facility or ship we were in started completely falling apart (Indiana Jones-style!), forcing us to use our parkour skills to escape before the timer runs out. Something fast-paced and heart-pumping, always a narrow escape.

Balance

One thing that absolutely needs another look: Ability damage.

Since it's a long thread I just linked there, I'll quickly sum up: The main problem with abilities that deal direct-damage is that they don't hold up over time, since enemies have layers of resistances against single-damage types and there's an ever-increasing roster of units who resist or defy abilities (ie Nullifiers, Manics, etc). However, we have Warframes like Ember whose kits are wholly reliant on their ability damage, and expected to be useful into high levels due to a status proc with redundant methods of application across her kit - which can be supplied by weapons at no real loss. At best, it means half of the slots in that frame's kit are wasted as players spam the "best" damage skill (Miasma), at worst it means the frame is completely worthless past Level 20-30 enemies.

It needs a blanket change for these abilities to match the cost efficiency of weapon damage, else we'll continue to abandon such frames as more content (like Trials) is pushed out.

Additionally, I feel there's a solid gap between several weapons, creating "tiers" of what are the best and aren't.

Snipers are too slow for Warframe's fast-paced "zerg rush" combat and too accurate to hip-fire against nearby enemies. Shotgun falloff prevents them from being useful very far beyond melee range. Enemies like Nullifiers push us to focus on automatic, beam and burst firearms, which only adds onto the disappointment with single-shot snipers and shotguns.

Melee weapons can be built for several styles, but middle-of-the-pack weapons that don't have strong single-swing potential for Channeling builds or high critical chance and speed for Berserker builds tend to fall behind. Scythes in particular (bar Anku) have fallen behind since the loss of Charged attacks, while Daggers are generally far too slow and weak for upfront combat and too short for stealth play (which they should excel at).

Granted, there should be an expectation that an early-game weapon like Skana falls behind, but when you have things like Anku (which you can buy a blueprint for) being more powerful than Reaper Prime or Hate (which are considerably more difficult to obtain), it becomes puzzling. Personally I don't understand why recipes like Panthera require a Miter, rather than upgrading one of the several "early game"-balanced weapons.

Yes, Augments have attempted to fix both of the above categories... but Steve and Scott have said it's their goal to have all equipment be "endgame viable"; might be slight paraphrasing, but as I recall the plan was, if you picked up a starter and you really liked it, you could continue to use it in all content without diminishing, only growth as your skill and investment increases. Try presenting the Syndicate grindwall to a Rank 2 player who's really into Excalibur and Skana and wants their augments - unless they have a sugar daddy, it's intimidating.

Even if you've surpassed the grind, oftentimes just adding more mods won't do because you'll have no space for those mods. There's a reason why players ask for buffs to be baseline, rather than bandaged with mod extensions.

Besides, not all Augments are gems... some like Hallowed Eruption and Contagion Clouds try to solve the flat damage issue with more damage, while Fire Fright has no reason not to be baseline.

Also, Damage tables might need a look, particularly around the Infested. Not only is Gas damage completely worthless (it only has a bonus against Infested, but Toxic Ancients remove that bonus), but Infested have an entire damage type (Sinew) devoted to one boss. We also have 4 types of Flesh and 2 types of Robotics where, for all intents and purposes, half that would do; just sharing more health types cross-faction (particularly where it makes sense with the Mutalists) would cover it.

This guy nailed it. 

Also, to add to the balance, topic.

The scaling effectiveness of our abilities, shields, armor, and health is pretty sad. As I understand the game really isn't balanced for more than 40 minutes, as I've had it explained to me before.  As events and other randomness come though, and getting level 100 enemies thrown at us, as it generally isn't a problem when you are in the true end game, it is really hard for taking lesser experienced people into those events. 

I also think that the damage system could be simplified a bit. There are too many +/-'s. I think it should be looked at. 

Also, as far a balance goes, D slot element mods, definitely a bit broken as that is one of the biggest things that kills any versatility of putting forma into a weapon -- the D slot. 

Sprint speed is good, running is slow, coptering and the like is too much and needs to go (and it is ^^). Sorry rushers.

As for balance, the game is fun, but *_nothing_* is balanced. Rewards are skewed all over, some goals are cheap, others are insane. Some weapons are brokenly good, most are worthless, some were good but got hit with the nerf bat one time too many. Frames range from amazingly strong to almost worthless (sorry Ember, I love you, I really do). As for enemies... the scaling is horrificly bad.

I love the game, but let's face it, balance is nowhere to be seen.

Balance

This is a pretty broad hot topic, but in what ways do you think Warframe is or isn’t balanced? In your opinion, what are the most pressing balance concerns? How would you define balance? Should all weapons perform equally well? Should there be tiers or niches for certain weapons? What about within specific categories of weapons? What about warframes, enemies, syndicates, mission rewards, and other aspects of Warframe? What would you say is the most balanced thing in Warframe? What is the least? If you could rebalance a single aspect of Warframe, what would it be?

Things need to be better organized before we can think about making them balanced. Balance requires planning and planning can only be made through organizing the content you're trying to balance.

Making all equipment equally good or equally bad is a very silly way of balancing because it kills progression. Making tiers and balancing things within those tiers is a much better way to work. You can progress from one tier to the next based on Mastery Rank or some other metric. And within each tier you get a variety of weapons that you can choose from. Progression and choice are maintained, but you need to organize it and balance it in order to work. Ideally, this should have been done back when the game didn't have 100+ weapons.

Enemies are also not properly balanced due to enemy spawns being too influenced by RNG. Sometimes you get a single grineer Napalm to spawn and that makes it too easy to deal with. Then the next moment the game spawns three Napalms and things change completely. The only reason why this doesn't break the game is because we use overpowered abilities to deal with overwhelming situations. So you could argue that the balance is made "in the extreme". But this is not ideal. It makes gameplay repetitive as some people within DE are already aware.

Weapons and enemies are just two examples of how better organizing the game can help making it better balanced. You cannot balance things if you don't organize them first. You can still try, but that will never please the players for very long.

Edited by Amazerath

What is your opinion of the current movement speed in Warframe?

Coptering can completely go away for all I care. While "good for movement" it likely ruins a lot of things mapbuilders ment for you to have to traverse.

Wallrunning and parkour suffers from it, and it also works as a bandaid over how some frames are simply too slow (Frost!!!!!).

Speed above all else has been the motto for Warframe and while this might appeal to some newcomers as a "ninja feature", it really isn't that great as it has no anchoring in any other gamestatistic.
If nimble frames were fast and heavy hitters slow it would be more appealing to let the fast frames be really fast. But that is not the case.

Removing stamina on top of this sadly feels like a failure, one less thing to differentiate frames isn't something I'm happy about. But perhaps it will return in a more refined way?

Back to always going fast. Sometimes it's nice to go in and totally mow down enemies, other times, when this doens't really work any more because enemies are to much of a bullet sponge to insta die there is only "power" to keep you going. You either rush through the game or use massive CC  on them. There isn't much of a tactical aspect to Warframe, which I believe is linked to the "speed above all else".
Going together with some added logic to spawning, with enemies being placed in key locations at times. This could pace the game more - going fast is possible, then going slow and methodical.

Perhaps a walk/jog/rush speed option?

Walk - silent

Jog - pretty fast, like what we have now, but more normalized across frames.

Rush - A very fast movement speed but that would rapidly drain stamina (or be on timer or what ever you may go with).

Rush and jump to preform a long jump etc.

Which aspects of Warframe do you think are balanced the best?

The ideas behind many of your factions/weapons/warframes and skillsets are good. But as the whole damage system is just a "moremoremore" flat system there isn't that much you can do.

There isn't any clear system or red line we can follow as players when it comes to weapons either. Very basic things like "this gun is a tier one weapon - it's compareable to these other tier one wepons (ie: the stat-points are the same but moved around).

Edited by Lactamid

If you could rebalance a single aspect of Warframe, what would it be?

Oh that's easy. Enemy levels. I've only played one raid and did not like it because of the strange and counter-intuitive leveling system. I don't mind the raids being hard, I'm good with that. What I don't understand is how a Grineer trooper with a hind can destroy my rhino (with an orokin catalyst and tons of forma) in a shot or two. I love you DE and with all love and respect, I don't think this is a good idea. I want a good fight and tough enemies, but why levels? I would like to see the enemy level system removed or give enemies set levels based on type and maybe mission. Some basic ideas for you are

-different but fixed levels for enemies. Ex: recruit, and veteran.

-reduced ammo drops over time (survival, defense). To raise the difficulty of a longer fight without raising enemy level.

-larger, longer waves in defense over time. Who really wants to go to wave 100? Its the game play that's fun, not the number at the top of the screen.

I hope these very basic and unrefined ideas give you some idea about what I'm looking for in Warframe. And thanks for reading.

Edit:  After reading more comments the balance question seems to be first in most peoples minds.  DE, howabout a special hot-topic just on balance.  I'd love to see a 10+ question survey on very specific balance questions.  I want to know more details on where the community stands.

Edited by CerebrateJoe

Coptering / Wall Running / Parkour 2.0

We've had this same discussion before on one of the older community hot topics. My stance on this has yet to change.

I am all for getting coptering removed, wall flinging changed, and sliding reworked. For me to be okay with that though, I would need stamina removed, we're space ninjas (as well as cowgirls, squid pirate people, birds, magicians, etc.). Stamina has always felt out of place IMO, especially when melee weapons use stamina, and thus, leave us with no way of getting out of the crowd of enemies. The only reason people copter and wall fling is because we like to move fast, AND it is more 'stamina efficient' as in it's generally better to copter/wall fling rather than sprint. I find my-self using the aerial attacks far more often than coptering, simply because it is more reliable on getting you where you want to be (i.e, not over-shooting and going half-way across the map), and looks nicer. Sliding is only used when you want to maintain momentum while also regenerating stamina, as well as the rare occurrences when you have to slide under an object.
Summary: Remove stamina, remove coptering, wall flinging should send you no where near as far as it currently does, sprint speed should be substantially faster.

The Spy Alone

I say that spy missions should not be able to be failed. The only missions in this game that can be failed DIRECTLY because of a single player are.... spy missions, and raids to a certain extent. Raids, however, are an end-game mission, while spy missions are most certainly not. IMO, there is NOTHING fun about these spy missions. To be honest, I hate spy missions, probably due to all my poor experiences with it. There's a list about all the stuff that can happen in a spy mission that you have no direct control over; you go the completely wrong way because the game provides no explanation what-so-ever about what you have to do, or where you have to go, the movement system it-self makes everything harder, "Why didn't my warframe jump when I pressed the space bar?!", "I didn't want to wall-run! I just wanted to jump!", "Why did that wall run fling me all the way across the room into that sensor door?!", "Oh come on! There is no way that eximus guard turned around in a split second and immediately shot me down and killed me!", etc.

My proposed solution to fix spy 2.0 would not only make spy missions a some-what enjoyable experience, but as well as fix some of the core problems. Personally, I think that DE should take a note from the "PayDay" games. Now those guys, they know how to make a breaking/entering stealth game where even if you messed up, you don't just out-right fail the mission, although, the mission does get significantly harder, but that's to be expected when you're trying to steal an entire faction's most protected secrets.

Completionists

I consider my-self a completionist. Only for 2 things in this game, however. Which I personally think is a problem with the game, and not me. Completing the solar map? Why on earth would I do that, this game is a Co-Op game, if I were to complete the solar map, there would sure as heck not be a Co-Op experience, 95% of the mission nodes are not worth running at all, most players know that, so most don't do it.

Complete the codex? Oh please, don't make my laugh. I gain nothing from the codex, the codex tells me the bare-bones details about stuff that, after having scanned about 50 times, I SHOULD know by then, even without the codex entry. The warframe wiki does everything the codex does, but does it more reliably, better, faster, and is far less tedious. Heck, the wiki even gives you tips on HOW to fight an enemy, even the most basic ones, as well as giving you precise numbers on how much more/less damage a certain element does against a certain armor/shield/flesh type, while the codex just gives you a negative or plus sign., which could mean anything from being half damage, double damage, 50% more damage, triple damage, 75% less damage, or even percentages of 33% or 66%.

The two things in this game that I am truly a completionist about are; having all the warframes/weapons, and having the nicest looking warframes/weapons, with all the fancy cosmetics. When I get a new warframe or weapon, or even hear about one that is in development, I don't think about how good it will be, I think about just how nice I can get it to look. If I think a weapon either looks nice, or has an interesting mechanic, that's the ONLY way I'll keep it, but even then, the amount of garbage weapons we have is unbelievable.

Balance

My honest and painful response to this? Nothing is balanced. If one thing gets balanced, all it would do is highlight a severe problem with something else. Don't believe me? Search the forums for ANYTHING that's about nerfing a weapon, or adding in a new enemy, or buffing/nerfing an enemy. There are 3 sides to all of these. The ones that want everything to not be a pain in the bum, the ones that demand everything be a challenge, and then the trolls that just want to piss people off. I could honestly write paragraphs upon paragraphs about each and everything that isn't balanced, but I won't. Instead, I will give a relatively large list of things that could make warframe severely better.

WARNING: It's a VERY large list, keep in mind that the list is not complete, those are just SOME of the things that will make warframe a better game

1. Armor location naming inconsistencies, when something is called 'Daedalus KNEE plates', I fully expect it to go on my knee, and not my ankle

2. We do not need more slash-based melee weapons, literally, they're all the same, just different numbers, and a different model

3. Combination weapons should make sense, stat-wise, lore-wise, and shouldn't be a metaphorical pain in the bum to obtain, why is the panthera an arguably worse version of the miter? Why on earth do the Ripkas use dual cleavers and the ankyros, a TENNO weapon, used to make a GRINEER weapon, grineer mass-produce things, right? So wouldn't it be difficult to mass produce something that requires having to take something from a tenno? Lets not forget one of the more recent additions, the boltace, which require the kronen, although they are both tonfas, they are completely different weapons, one is slash based, the other is impact based, the problem doesn't stop there. The boltace also requires the BOLTOR, the boltace is supposed to be a set weapon with the boltor and bolto, so it makes no sense at all for the boltace to require the boltor.

4. Nav Points 2.0, this mini-map is relatively glitchy and doesn't even do a good job of telling me which route to take, or even which door I have to go through, not even to talk about it's horrible way of telling you if something is above or below you.

5. Primaries and secondaries, there truly isn't a difference, some secondaries are superior in every way to some primaries, some secondaries even being more superior to the supposed big brother, I'm looking at you, marelok.

6. We're advertised as tenno, people with warframes and 'super power-like' abilities that allows us to demolish entire squads of enemies single handed, even entire armies when it's a squad of 4. Fun fact, we can't. We're just regular people with abilities that can range from being complete garbage, to being useable, that managed to get some warframe armor that is severely worse than what the enemies have, survivability-wise.

7. Infinite scaling has to go, we need an actual challenge that isn't based off of keeping enemies ALIVE while keeping them immobile

8. Codex and simaris' scanner. One has to go, no reason to have both.

9. Future 'Choose a side' events can NOT tempt you with a different reward dependent on which side wins, or which side you choose. Look at the alad vs nef event for a clear reason of why not to do that. The vast majority of players were choosing alad for his weapon, and in order to remedy the situation, nef started handing out mission rewards that were vastly superior to alad's rewards, causing an influx of people to support nef, but in the end, alad won because players watched to make sure alad still won becuase of the weapon.

10. Melee stances need a overhaul, why have a choice when some stances are blatantly superior to others, while other stances couldn't have any less of a difference between each other.

11. Many melee combos lock you into a movement (I'm looking at you, hysteria) where you attack behind an enemy, or simply don't let you move around at all.

12. Knockdowns, cheap knockdowns, cheap knockdowns, more knockdowns... WHY SO MANY FREAKIN KNOCKDOWNS?! We're ninjas, are we not? So explain to me why so many things can knock us down on our greedy bums, and why for the most part, there is nothing we can do about it

13. Melee channeling isn't viable. I do not care what someone might say, but using energy, any amount of energy for that matter, just to do about 2x more damage (fully modded) with a melee weapon is NEVER worth it

14. Why solo a mission? Only makes it harder, and allows far more dissapointing shenanigans to happen

15. A weapon should be VISIBLE when you're trying to color it, whether it be because of the horrible camera position, or a melee weapon's blocking stance being garbage

16. What happened to augments? They were supposed to be mods that could completely change the way you use an ability, what we have now is just band-aid mods that either make an ability some-what viable, make an ability significantly more powerful, or still leave the ability as a garbage ability.

17. Warframe augments, I'm talking about mods that either change stat(s) on the warframe it-self, or completely change an ability into something completely different.

18. Log-in rewards, 90% worthless

19. More color presets, ABC are not enough. I demand moar colorz!