Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 17.2.4

[DE]Rebecca

Each PLS drop is now worth +4 seconds of life support time instead of +6 seconds - is SH*T!

I swear it was +3 seconds before. Of all the times I played survival, I remember seeing it jump up by 3 seconds whenever I pick up a PLS capsule.

Since we're talking about that, I'd like to suggest a simple change to make the Lotus talk more often about the Life Support status. Many a times during solo survival runs I run out of LS even though I have a load of LS capsules around me, cuz I was too absorbed into the BLOODY GORY AND DELICIOUS SLAUGHTER OF INNOCENT GRINEER HAIL SUDA - what I mean is, sometimes Lotus will say "30 seconds left" or some sort, and sometimes she won't, couldn't we have at least an option where she always warns you when LS is running low? It would be immensely helpful. Thanks!

She does say '30 second warning' or 'life support is critically low, move to exit' or some such thing though.

I'll admit this. The LS changes were a bad thing this update. they worked perfectly well as they did. Even though it's a minor change it can completely change the length you can stay in a mission now, Usually LS on ODS would be in the 60's - 70's during a 20 min run.

I just came back from a run where we were struggling to keep the LS up.

Edited by Latiac

Update 17.2.4

Additions:

JeLNswM.jpg

TENNO REINFORCEMENTS

• Ifrit Kubrow Armor available now!

Give your Kubrow companion a fiery new look with the Ifrit. This Decorative Armor is specially fitted for your furry friend and will make him or her stand out no matter what environment you're in.

Add the Ifrit to your Arsenal by visiting the Market today!

HEY ITS ME :D *nick*

Update 17.2.4

Upcoming Changes:

- Each PLS drop is now worth +4 seconds of life support time instead of +6 seconds

- Small reduction to PLS drop rate (around 90% of what it was)

We'd love to hear your feedback and will continue to test and tweak if needed.

Your feedback Madam

If you do this you will kill survival completely.

The PLS drop rates are fine as is.  I personally have run for at least 3 minutes at a time without ever seeing a PLS dropping, and yes to all you naysayers it does happen.  90% may look like a rather large number but in the game your not getting 90% on every kill to drop a PLS.  It's more like a 40/60% chance per kill.  If it actually were 90% I'd be bleeding PLS from my eyes and the game wouldn't run due too all the PLS fragments layering the map floor.

So by reducing the PLS from 6 to 4 seconds you'll end up making them absolutely worthless.  And that goes double for the higher timed survivals.  20-30 minutes in you begin to stop getting as much PLS or at least from what I've noticed.  Unless you have a Nekros with you this upcoming change will completely destroy survivals, unless of course you don't care about the rotation C's.  Or the fact that some people wish to go beyond and get to rotation C twice, in order to get an item that ONLY drops on rotation C and only has one mission.  So killing off the PLS this much kills the loot drop chance.  

Now heres a suggestion to help buffer this upcoming update.

Keep your update as is then once you hit 30+ minute mark (You guys can decide when)  change the PLS drop rate to a little higher and/or raise the PLS 4 seconds of life by 1 second per 10 minutes after.  This will balance out the higher tier of enemies from completely destroying survival groups just because they have armor that can stop a nuclear warhead.  When we're busy with mobs that soak up a ton of damage I'd like to be able to focus at least somewhat on the enemy not entirely on the LS.  Need some breathing room.  Besides the whole point of a survival is to last as LONG as possible.  If you forcibly try to kill surival missions at a 20-30 minute mark when there is more enemies and less PLS what's the point of a survival.  The challenge is to stay alive for a duration not by waves remember that's what you guys did for defense.  Don't put defense issues into a survival we need to protect enough as is at higher times.

Thank you.

I'm not even going to bother signing in to play this Survival update, worst thing I've read in a long time.

I aborted the mission because I felt as though I was wasting the key

Pretty sure they changed that a while back, you won't get your key back if you go 5 waves or 5 minutes in Defense/Survival Void missions.

Note:  To prevent exploits with all Void Keys, if you are hosting and abort an endless mission after the objective has been completed, you will lose your key.

Update 13.4 source: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/244507-update-1370-13701-depths-of-the-void/

That was just % not the seconds and it jumped up for 4% not 3%. 1% doesnt equal 1 second.

Actually 1% of LS = 1.5 seconds. 
Edited by EChondo

If PLS was nerfed for the sake of more movement in survival, then shouldnt there be a buff for the lotus-dropped LSC?

Also, theres so many effort in PvP balancing every update, but why are PvE ignored? We get some neat buffs every like half an year, yet there are nerfs in some places seemingly every update...

What's the point of changing the boost and droprate of the PLS?

So in an attempt to stop the metagaming in survival missions you impair people who try to avoid survival camping in enclosed places?

Perhaps it would be wise to look at the mechanics of survival missions as a whole, instead of just enforcing the rules and thus making anything BUT metagaming less viable? This doesn't open up new playstyles, it just solidifies what problems there already is.

• Players can no longer bullet-jump out of the Cephalon Suda room in the Relays.

RIP, it was fun seeing the map from a new perspective... the relays get boring kind of... consider giving them a rework? or maybe make them unique to each planet, not just the exact same on each planet..

If something wrong with the changes feedback it then next time will be fixed the fixed broken fixes. Fix it.

I can't confirm it the survivals very broken now because played 1 round and seems slightly less the oxygen amount.

The other changes still not tested so I am waiting to comment that.

Edited by Sziklamester

Nerf the drop rates of LS making it impossible to solo but don't bother to fix people getting forma at 40 minutes.  Also, I just ran a T3S to 40 minutes, got forma, then as the end of mission rewards screen was up it said "lost connection" and didn't let me keep anything.

I guess nerfing things just for the sake of making the game less fun is more important than fixing actual problems though.

What's the point of changing the boost and droprate of the PLS?

So in an attempt to stop the metagaming in survival missions you impair people who try to avoid survival camping in enclosed places?

Perhaps it would be wise to look at the mechanics of survival missions as a whole, instead of just enforcing the rules and thus making anything BUT metagaming less viable? This doesn't open up new playstyles, it just solidifies what problems there already is.

Dang now thats a solid smack of cold hard facts.  Lets not make this another Blacklight Retribution guys.  Aside from the fact that Warframe still has a good Dev team lets keep the updates as whole as possible not these loop-hole fixes.  Loop-hole fixes will pretty much jsut kill the game with uneccesary data anyways.