Jump to content
fredaven

Favens Doodlebox. Wisp/Sentinent Syandana/Grineer Lance/And a whip. And Baruuk.

Recommended Posts

On 11/9/2017 at 3:23 PM, Pavelord said:

you can watch it at 30 sec, though I think is not exactly a graxx helmet, but it looks nice

 

this is glorious! I feel like there should be a trailer made for every Graxx skin like there is a trailer made for every resent Prime frame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Il y a 13 heures, Senketsu_ a dit :

I wonder if Faven could pull off an infested grineer Graxx skin for Nidus.

Easy a Nidus Graxx skin  based on  Grineer ghouls..^^

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2018 at 4:24 PM, NightmareT12 said:

Can answer this: He intended to have the tubes work like the Nekros helmet things that are glued to the body, so effectively they're connected, but DE needs to rig it and they haven't done it yet. Source: asked it myself loooooooong ago :P
 

 

Is this still not fixed?

Bah. lemme follow up on that

  • Applause 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
il y a une heure, fredaven a dit :

Is this still not fixed?

Bah. lemme follow up on that

It seems that DE have some problems with texturing your skin.

Vauban Graxx and the Prime detail weird looking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nyrivara said:

It seems that DE have some problems with texturing your skin.

Vauban Graxx and the Prime detail weird looking. 

In what way is it weird looking?

"Vauban Graxx Skin by Faven
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1183635289
(please note that the screenshots display a white tint on his back. This is an older version, as the current in-game version has the artist intended change of tint coloring)"

Also tennogen creators don't have access to the prime models so can't create their skins around them, only the normal versions of the frame. The option the have prime parts on tennogen skins was only added because people liked how some of them looked with prime parts. Adding the ability to do so was not a promise by DE to have all future tennogen skins 100% compatible with prime warframes.

  • Satisfied 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, NovusNova said:

In what way is it weird looking?

"Vauban Graxx Skin by Faven
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1183635289
(please note that the screenshots display a white tint on his back. This is an older version, as the current in-game version has the artist intended change of tint coloring)"

Also tennogen creators don't have access to the prime models so can't create their skins around them, only the normal versions of the frame. The option the have prime parts on tennogen skins was only added because people liked how some of them looked with prime parts. Adding the ability to do so was not a promise by DE to have all future tennogen skins 100% compatible with prime warframes.

To clarify what @Nyrivara means :

With the skin equipped

Spoiler

SHfRvt7.jpg

Without the skin equipped

Spoiler

HVjlpka.jpg

When the skin is equipped with prime parts on, the textures of the prime parts are completely different as you can see, the metallic parts seem to get an overlay of the TG skin itself, causing them to look like either leather or matte. Also it seems to only be a recent bug that's been first seen Hydroid's Graxx skin.

Edited by Shad0wWatcher
  • Satisfied 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Shad0wWatcher said:

To clarify what @Nyrivara means :

With the skin equipped

  Reveal hidden contents

SHfRvt7.jpg

Without the skin equipped

  Reveal hidden contents

HVjlpka.jpg

When the skin is equipped with prime parts on, the textures of the prime parts are completely different as you can see, the metallic parts seem to get an overlay of the TG skin itself, causing them to look like either leather or matte. Also it seems to only be a recent bug that's been first seen Hydroid's Graxx skin.

It's not a bug. This is just what happens when you fit a skin made for a vanilla frame over a Prime Model. Some primes like Nyx and Valkyr just have extra prime stuff added over the top of the vanilla frame, while some, like Vauban and Hydroid, have different models altogether. So some Prime frames will inherently mesh with Tennogen better than others.

Edited by -QUILL_PETER-
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, -QUILL_PETER- said:

It's not a bug. This is just what happens when you fit a skin made for a vanilla frame over a Prime Model. Some primes just have extra pieces added over the top, while some, like Vauban and Hydroid, have different models altogether, so some Prime frames will inherently mesh with Tennogen better than others.

Ooh i see, but was it always like that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Shad0wWatcher said:

To clarify what @Nyrivara means :

With the skin equipped

  Hide contents

SHfRvt7.jpg

Without the skin equipped

  Hide contents

HVjlpka.jpg

When the skin is equipped with prime parts on, the textures of the prime parts are completely different as you can see, the metallic parts seem to get an overlay of the TG skin itself, causing them to look like either leather or matte. Also it seems to only be a recent bug that's been first seen Hydroid's Graxx skin.

Big tnx for sharing,do you have 1 more picture 2 see full body with him and that skin on prime body??? please :)

Edited by Vlada91

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Shad0wWatcher said:

Ooh i see, but was it always like that?

Yup. Same thing with the other Vauban Tennogen. Meaning no Tennogen made for frames like Vauban, Hydroid, Mirage, and the like will ever work well with Tennogen. But with frames like Valkyr, Nyx, Nova, etc, if you toggle the Prime parts on, it wont try to stretch the Tennogen skin over the prime parts. It will just apply the prime bits over the top as separate models.
71d9bc13c3.jpg
038f02d95a.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, -QUILL_PETER- said:

Yup. Same thing with the other Vauban Tennogen. Meaning no Tennogen made for frames like Vauban, Hydroid, Mirage, and the like will ever work well with Tennogen. But with frames like Valkyr, Nyx, Nova, etc, if you toggle the Prime parts on, it wont try to stretch the Tennogen skin over the prime parts. It will just apply the prime bits over the top as separate models.
71d9bc13c3.jpg
038f02d95a.jpg

Ah so it's kind of a selective thing...well...i'm sure that at some point they'll get to fixing this, as for now....all i can do is work with it and make it still look cool

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Shad0wWatcher said:

To clarify what @Nyrivara means :

With the skin equipped

  Reveal hidden contents

Without the skin equipped

  Reveal hidden contents

When the skin is equipped with prime parts on, the textures of the prime parts are completely different as you can see, the metallic parts seem to get an overlay of the TG skin itself, causing them to look like either leather or matte. Also it seems to only be a recent bug that's been first seen Hydroid's Graxx skin.

This seems to be an issue with newer Primes. We fixed something similar for the Valkyr Delusion Skin back in Round 10. The same fix should work here, so we've passed this on to the team and hopefully this will be resolved soon!

  • Woah 1
  • Applause 3
  • Upvote 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, [DE]Taylor said:

This seems to be an issue with newer Primes. We fixed something similar for the Valkyr Delusion Skin back in Round 10. The same fix should work here, so we've passed this on to the team and hopefully this will be resolved soon!

Big thanks Taylor! Keep up the awesome work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

This seems to be an issue with newer Primes. We fixed something similar for the Valkyr Delusion Skin back in Round 10. The same fix should work here, so we've passed this on to the team and hopefully this will be resolved soon!

Yeah seems to happen with Stenchfury his Hydroid skin VS the prime aswell, good to hear its already been looked at.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Scharkie1333 said:

Yeah seems to happen with Stenchfury his Hydroid skin VS the prime aswell, good to hear its already been looked at.

Yes, we've received reports of that as well! It is also being looked at.

  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Vlada91 said:

Big tnx for sharing,do you have 1 more picture 2 see full body with him and that skin on prime body??? please :)

Here you go pal

DGD3Aph.jpg

  • Satisfied 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Shad0wWatcher said:

Here you go pal

 

Big tnx mate! :satisfied:

and my operator thanks you.....

Spoiler

pnhZqKi.jpg

 

Edited by Vlada91

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

This seems to be an issue with newer Primes. We fixed something similar for the Valkyr Delusion Skin back in Round 10. The same fix should work here, so we've passed this on to the team and hopefully this will be resolved soon!

I assumed it was something that wouldn't be touched upon, glad to hear it will be though.

2 hours ago, Shad0wWatcher said:

Here you go pal

DGD3Aph.jpg

Whose animation set is that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zahnny said:

I assumed it was something that wouldn't be touched upon, glad to hear it will be though.

Whose animation set is that?

Harrow's noble animation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Compared with the rest of Graxx skins released, they seem to work with prime parts well by keeping the texture of prime parts intact while change the 'base body' skin. I haven't tried Mirage, but Valkyr Prime and Hydroid Prime,both with a handful addition to the base skin, do work well with Graxx.

However in case of Vauban Prime, The textures on metal hinges, pauldrons and collars are bugged, creating a glitchy stretched mess look. I am not sure if DE, or the creator himself, could look into this.

Thank You

5auR4NE.jpg

Edited by Yhtmahyll

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...