Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback On Vulpine Mask Grind And Rapier [Megathread]

Nox174

ill wait until the new stance sells for about 20p and buy it

I would waste the affinity booster, and why spend plat on an item I can build WITHOUT plat.

Also have an extra set of Nezha, and glad I didn't spend plat

Got war now alos, and didn't spend plat

No reason to start now, since i didn't with the powerball lottery

Nobody said Warframe is a charity. I don't understand where you're coming from with that.

DE does not profit whenever people burn out and quit  because of impassible grindwalls. Seriously, a 0.01% drop chance from an enemy you maybe, might, see 1-2 of per mission? lel. You could grind that for a year straight and still not have it.

This times a thousand. DE is slowly starting to cater to completionists with money who just want everything. However, this doesnt make up much of their playerbase, and therefore they will lose money by being greedy because people will quit. All it takes is some common sense.

"Oh, entirely new weapon type? No other stance to use with it? We hyped it up for the last month and a half? Lets give it  to one enemy theyve already farmed a for a different stance they drop. And lets make it equally rare. Yea, thatll get them to give us money, right?"

Nope, all this does is create an uneasy player base who are now worried about giving DE money if theyre just going to use it to create more unreasonably hard to get content. I dont think theyve done this with any other weapon, and if this is the norm form now on, to make new weapon classes and give them only one super hard to get stance, then melee weapons will be MR fodder from now on, simple as that. There are better choices than the rapier anyways, all we wanted was something new to play with, not to go and kill the same 2 enemies over and over in order to get a stance for a new weapon we'll all use for a week just to put it back on the shelf in exchange for our other, better melee weapons. 

And it's not even a guaranteed drop, you may be there 28 days, you may be there 7.

It's just ridiculous.

You could however have posted this in one of the other many threads there already are on the subject. Mods will likely stick everything into a megathread anyway and it just makes their life abit easier.

So my math does check out. All I did was incorporate Nekros into the mix, so the week would be two weeks without him. That's good for me.

As for posting in another thread, I think that making multiple threads about a really sore subject nails in how urgent the issue is. If there was just one long thread, it could be "that thread", while having threads from multiple Tenno indicates a large amount of players that are generally concerned enough about a topic that they don't want their ideas to be overlooked in the middle of a thousand replies

Here's the sad fact. There's plenty of people out there who will pay 220p for this. Until that stops, making all the noise in the world on the forums won't help at all. And for the record, NO, I am definitely not paying for it. Until DE gets hurt in the hip pocket they will continue to do this until everyone has had enough and about to leave the game, then to appease everyone, Baro Kiteer will bring it or there will be an event with many Manic Bombards to kill so that at least 5-10% of the community can get the mod while the remaining 90% remain annoyed.

DE stop trying to stall Veterans, perhaps it hasn't occurred to you that all of them can easily afford this but hopefully won't out of principle. You aren't stalling long time players, you're annoying them and turning away potential new players for your market.

For the person at DE who created the Rapier, I hope you're proud of your new model. Unfortunately for you I'm going to level it and throw it away so I'm afraid all your effort will go unrewarded.

Edited by Zilchy

I am curious of why people would call this game grindy, i played mainly japanese mmorpg before comming to this gamr. It is not uncommon that you need to gather resource for over a month to make a single weapon and also possible to fail the combining part.

And i started in last christmas i already have 70% of the content completed, so i am really confused by all these grindy complains.

For some they equate the RNG mechanic in the game to a grind. For many other games the farming/grinding tend to go " Kill enemy (X) for the low chance of getting item (Y)" while said enemy: tends to show up in known locations; show up multiple times in a spawn in order for people to farm as much as possible and as fast as possible; has a hidden / known number of kills or percent chance in order to obtain certain drop from said enemy.

Waframe tends to go "Enter mission (W) for a chance that enemy (X) will show up for a chance at getting item (Y)" or in the case of void farming, "Farm Mission (W) for a chance at Void Key (X); use Key for chance at Void drop table list (Y) and hope you get the item from said list (Z)." As for knowing the actual drop rate percent chance.....that went out the window when people started pointing out how some were data mining the packets for information and then when DE said they would fix the drop tables, they instead encoded them and probably left the tables either in the same position if not worse than before.

I don't have Ivara so I might be wrong, but couldn't you use Prowl to pickpocket an extra drop from each one before they're Desecrated?

You could, if you were able to sneak by the bombards in the frenzy of the stuff.

I left her out because it probably would not be a constant variable, and Hydroid has to kill enemies with his tentacles in order to pilfer them, also not very constant. 

If you managed to do Nekros, Ivara, and Hydroid perfectly, constantly, then I would say you'd have a chance to mathematically get it within, say, 30 hours of straight mission time, or almost 4 full 8 hour workdays. Again, that's if you perfectly get all of them to do their job consistantly, and still be able to kill Regor within a reasonable time.

I don't have Ivara so I might be wrong, but couldn't you use Prowl to pickpocket an extra drop from each one before they're Desecrated?

Certainly can. Using prowl reduces the time from 14 days to 7...

So my math does check out. All I did was incorporate Nekros into the mix, so the week would be two weeks without him. That's good for me.

... However Nekros doesn't guarantee additional drops, he has (if I'm right, I'm probably not) only a 54% chance to procure additional loot. Mathwise that's ~5.25 days with Nekros and Ivara. Still ridiculous.

I left her out because it probably would not be a constant variable, and Hydroid has to kill enemies with his tentacles in order to pilfer them, also not very constant. 

Not anymore, enemies that are killed whilst affected by tentacle swarm drop additional loot, the tentacle swarm doesn't actually have to kill them.
Edited by DeMonkey

I think DE should step forth an explain themselves. I see staff like @[DE]Rebecca who seem to understand fully what the player interpretation of a situation is allow such a thing. Ovbs she does not handle the drop tables, but it would be nice  if that guy who manages the drop tables had a basic understanding of the scale, as to how rare this mod actually is. In addition I believe that we should all get this stance as compensation, a lot of people here are valued paying customers and yet we keep getting milked for every penny.

DE when you release good content I pay money. Thats why I spent 60$ on the misa prime, because i was satisfied with the game and I wanted to pitch in. But because you introduced these business practices, this just incentivizes me to not fund your game anymore. Put simply decisions like this that create problems that were stated to be fixed like the grind, get worsened people dont want to pay plat anymore unless they stockpiled from a time when your buisness practice was actually fair. 

All you did with this bundle was mess up the market, people are selling a 20p stance for 150p. People I beg you to vote with your wallets, and not buy into this stuff.

Nobody is going to step forward.

The only thing that WILL happen is Sheldon making a bl**dy joke out of the situation in the next Devstream.

Everytime there is something about grind and drop rates, Sheldon thinks its funny.

DE's design philosophy has been stall veterans for as long as possible for some time now, going back as far as U15 or even Argon Crystal; it's just that after Archwing the trend has been much more transparent and possibly pushing away other things that should also be at the top of the priority list. Things like grind reduction, a proper sense of progression, cost & tier balance, not relying on bandaid, etc. 

There was a time when I complained about Wukong requiring entirely new resource, Nitain.

People dismissed my complaints saying its just for Wukong. And I said, it will never be 'just for Wukong'.

Well, there you go. 8 out of 10 new frames/weapons/other things now require Nitain.

Honestly, I already feel Warframe to be a chore now. I go in, farm Focus, come out and play Assassins Creed Syndicate. Keep it up DE and I will leave the game. And I am not even joking about leaving the game. I left Ghost Recon Phantoms, despite it being my favorite online shooter, for the exact same reason - They started to coerce players to spend money.

DE still hasn't talked about fixing the main drawback of Warframe. Repetitive and monotonous gameplay. This problem has been here since the birth of Warframe. You can even watch the IGN review.

But rather than fixing that, DE actually wants us to play the SAME node/boss fight about a 1000 times.

You still don't get it, warframe is a business not a charity. You either timesink or you spend plat. Its f2p life

You still don't get it. Considering Warframe as a bussiness in every single aspect WILL kill the game.

When melee 2.0 came, I said that making Stance as mods were a bad idea. I suggested to let us select a stance from a pool of stance and play with the melee to unlock new combos with that stance.

I don't know what melee is to you, but melee is dead without a stance. For me, a stance is something that breaths life to melee. And making the stances not sanely obtainable, REPEATEDLY, is killing that melee weapon. What's worse is that rapier does not have a alternate stance.

You know what a stance does? It just adds the value of about 2 forma slots, slightly less. So you cant have your fancy animations instantly, :" (. DE isn't screwing anyone over. You just want something. And you want it now.

You know what stance does? It freaking adds combos to melee, which, unlike YOU, many people enjoy.

2 Forma is not at all a problem for me, and it is the same for most veterans.

Lastly, as for my opinion, I think DE should add stances to markets for 50p. No RNG, no stance pack bullS#&$. Just straightaway ad them to market.

I don't know what DE's marketing department thinks, but I am fairly certain that DE WILL make more platinum if stances were available as standalone purchases in the market.

Edited by NN13

Uhm yes, as long as they are still alive. You said before they're desecrated, you certainly have meant when they are dead right? If so, then no. Dead bodies can't get looted by ivara.

Negative four hours and ten minutes for me.

I have a decent enough paying jorb so I can afford prime access stuff and just coast off the plat from that. I am actually rather pleased that I did as the stance has it's first attack in any chain have a solid chance to force a bleed proc. Mix that with the fact that it seems to be built to stack that combo damage multiplier as fast as possible and that it is a viable berserker candidate and it is a shockingly effective setup.

But this is just me and I figure others aren't in my position. At the least I can always just hand off any other copies I come across to clanmates or whomever needs it as a freebie.

Edited by Terumitsu

Lastly, as for my opinion, I think DE should add stances to markets for 50p. No RNG, no stance pack bullS#&$. Just straightaway ad them to market.

I don't know what DE's marketing department thinks, but I am fairly certain that DE WILL make more platinum if stances were available as standalone purchases in the market.

This would also help DE control the trading tab. They complain about constantly crashing it, making things spike it price, etc.

Just a suggestion of how I obtained the stance, I bought the bundle, but the way I did it was selling a couple of Prime mods I had extra and a couple of other mods. The point is I didn't spend any money on plat. Even if you don't have prime mods I'm pretty sure you can sell something, it was well worth buying the bundle.

So with 4 Ivaras that becomes along the lines of, (1-0.979^10)= 19% chance of one Vulpine Mask per run.  That doesn't sound too bad, does it?

Seriously I think you're onto something here ..

All over the game and the forums people are looking for easy to 'stick it to the man' tricks by milking abilities to increase drop %'s.

I think this is DE's response to that by saying 'you wanna milk, here you go 'cause your gonna need it'.

I still say this % isn't that bad, and an experienced and eager player will eventually come across one. 

If you must have it now and can't wait and think the % as far too low, the market is this way ----> 'Market'

Just because you 'wanted' a Ferrari someone didn't run up and give one to you.

You had to work far that shiney. 

So, start working. 

So with 4 Ivaras that becomes along the lines of, (1-0.979^10)= 19% chance of one Vulpine Mask per run.  That doesn't sound too bad, does it?

I don't know where you're getting your numbers, the formula you showed seems to randomly be doing an un-nessisary calculation to get your percentage, which ends up doing crazy things with order of operations, as well as somehow using an exponent of 10? Anyway, the formula you're looking for should be [drop chance]*[number of rolls].

Each Ivara can loot once, so each bombard has 5 chances of dropping. 2 bombards per run means you have 10 chances of it dropping per run.

That's just a simple .021 * 10

This means you have a .21% chance of getting one on each run, meaning on average it would take about 476 rounds to get one.

To answer your question, 476 runs is kinda bad, especially when everyone on the team has to be running a meta-farming frame.

Edit: Curiosity got the better of me, without meta-farming frames, it would take a team 2381 runs. Translation: No I'm not gonna bother farming for this, because with each run taking minimum of 8 minutes due to travel time, load time, and invulnerability phases, that would mean about 320 hours of play time for one mod.

For the 4 hours of fun I'd have playing around with it? No. No thank you. Nope. Not for me.

Edited by Coatduck

Uhm yes, as long as they are still alive. You said before they're desecrated, you certainly have meant when they are dead right? If so, then no. Dead bodies can't get looted by ivara.

she can loot the same unit more than once it seems she has to loot 2 other units before she can return to pickpocket the first so objectivly one could -cough- macro farm -cough- if one was desperate and didnt have the tools to transmute the mod

oh btw transmutation is an option so you know hint hint wink wink

honestly idc about the stance, since you can get at least 2 of the enemies per titania run it's not like you have to wait for RNG to spawn the enemy, then RNG to drop the stance. if my math is correct, it should take less than 20 runs (even less, with ivara/nekros) to get the stance which is about the same as any other rare prime part in the game.

Your math is way way off.

By about 1000 decimal points.

Anything regarding Sortie rewards should be stayed for now IMO because they've openly stated they want to explore a new means for acquiring items in the Sortie table. Until such changes, I think discussing anything in regards to them is somewhat moot until we have the system changes in our hands.

Until DE says otherwise, it is. 

The fact of the matter is the acquisition of DE's shares has little to no discernible impact on us as the gamers because Warframe is DE's responsibility. If DE is being strong-armed into trashing the game, then it will show in the game. If DE trashes the game on their own with no prompting from Leyou, it will show in the game.

Thus, it absolutely DOES NOT MATTER who trashed the game, be it Leyou or DE. At the end of the day, the quality of the game and its potential decline is on DE's hands - regardless of who is pulling strings behind the scenes (assuming there even is - which they've gone on record saying there isn't). 

DE are the ones who are accountable, so let's hold them accountable if things go south. Making this about anything else is quite frankly irrelevant.

Except when we tell them they are accountable for their actions we get told off by moderators for "dev trashing" or "toxic conduct".

What good is our feedback if it gets deleted by overzealous moderators?

Edited by P0TAT0CANN0N