Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #72!

[DE]Rebecca

Can we get more "side" story arcs that don't affect the main "story" but focus on the present day, the flesh out and build the Universe World Solar System?

Much of the previous quest lines have been dealing with the past, but what about quests on the now, and perhaps hope for the future?

• Helping a Relay resident(finding out more about the relay and daily life there)
  • Helping Mom with some "chores" (Cleaning some flithy grineer out of some nodes) While she tells us stories of old Tenno heroes, the past, what happened while we were dozing, sentient/orokin/grineer culture, etc
    • Not quests like find this, read that, stuff like Lotus Narrating/Telling us a Bedtime Life Tenno rip and tear story while we do "chores"
  • Finding Grineer/Corpus/Orokin(Neural Sentry or AI)(s) that agree or emphasize with us and helping them, learning how their cultures work, convincing them to defect.
    • Finding Gene treatments for friendly Grineer
    • Touring or helping to assemble an allied corpus factory (discounts on stuff)
    • Convincing some cranky old AI to work for us
  • Building Tenno infrastructure, even colonies (Real dirt, not relays) either for just the satisfaction of helping, or to slowly build up a fighting force, or society
  • Funding/Creating/Researching new tools(Not just weapons: farming implements, medical tech, QOL things)
  • Getting Clem and Mom married(clemdad pls)

And maybe player themed events: eg. Stalker fans VS sane Tenno who don't want to be horribly killed

And more of the lore stuff like second dream or natah. Maybe even flashbacks of our own operator doing things

More actual impact on our environment(stuff like a balor formian attack but positive(Liberating Earth, Securing the Moon, Fixing/Liberating the Spacebridges Mass Eff*Copyrightstrike* Jump Points Solar Rails, Assasinating enemies who DON'T respawn

Sphess Space Battles: Events where groups of Tenno hunt for long lost Orokin Battleships, clear them, fight an escape battle with an enemy fleet (hundreds of Tenno Cells or "friendly ground troops" manning point defense or main weapons at once) and either losing the ship or adding it to a growing fleet.

Grakatawing:Need I say more?

Better tutorials?

Giving under preforming weapons some love?

More planets or nodes: Oort Cloud/Solar Asteroid belts/ Orokin dimensional *********

Vor doesn't get to rant so much anymore

Edited by ArchangelusAlpharius

Is there an ETA on any balancing to the focus trees in regard to each other?

Also, any plans to change weapon ammo capacity to fit each weapon's output? For example, the Dex Furis and the Marelok both share the same ammo pool of 210, even though they have vastly different fire rates. Some weapons, such as the Akzani and the Braton Prime, have received this change, but it would be great to see all weapons with a more suitable ammo pool, especially bullet hose weapons.

• There has been lots of discussion lately about a nekros rework.  Most of us agree his kit is pretty decent but it needs some polish up, maybe like the excalibur rework. To Scott: have you read over and considered any ideas presented in this thread- https://forums.warframe.com/topic/606438-nekros-rework/. We would like to know if the ideas we've presented line up with how you envision a nekros rework in the future. 
  • Will there be more interactions with syndicates in the future, something to make your choice of syndicate (and allies) more impactful on your gaming experience?
  • Would you consider adding more craftable consumables that are obtained along the lines of the current health restores we have now (via hunting down ingredients with the codex scanner or harvesting from a certain enemy like the pherilac pods, ect) I actually enjoy doing solo runs on earth and harvesting threshcones and lilies and think that kind of scavenger hunt-esque would be a great addition to other planets
  • Will quests ever be replayable? I am fiending for the opportunity to replay Second Dream and I don't really want to make an alt account to do it.
  • Many older weapons still suffer from very low stats- leftovers from damage 1.0 I assume. I know a while back Scott mentioned making a pass over them to bring them up to par with newer weapons. Is this still in the works?

With the Deluxe skins we're seeing reimaging of warframes, or images of what they once were, but some of them lack the same sort of gritty feeling that Proto-Excal and Nemesis Nyx have. This is obviously from their being adaptations from Dark Sector, but is there a chance this same gritty aesthetic might be brought to other frames, sort of like an "Old War" skin?

I also wanted to ask again if there were still plans to update Lotus' messages for veteran players, maybe past a certain MR, to reflect a familiarity with the missions and how they operate

Well here's a few things,

One,

What is and what is not coming with update 19 ?  I know it's still far away but I'd like to see a list of what is to come in this update that can be promised.

Two,

Frost, Yeah I know frost the blizzard of chill. Where are his cloth physics ? Any news on Deluxe skin yet ?

Could I get a Happy Birthday? The irony of it being an April Fools is entirely there but it is my actual birthday this Friday. If not its cool, I shall drink some whiskey during the Devstream. :D

Serious question: Looking back now, are there any weapons that were considered in the pre-planning/early stages but abandoned for various reasons, (not fitting the lore for the factions, too cumbersome to animate etc.) likely to have a second look as it were?

Polarisation and Forma

Q: Any change to Forma and polarisation to avoid 'wasted' forma in future?

A lot of posters recently seem to bemoan the lack of Forma drops, while some like myself rarely end up using it at all because of the downsides of removing build flexibility. Is there any chance of a Polarisation quality of life change so we don't have to suffer our obsolete polarity builds when balance changes and new mods happen? Body Count and Blood Rush gave melees more reason to want Madurai slots, while the upcoming removal of 'mandatory' base damage and multishot mods might ruin heavily Madurai polarised guns.

Here's my original thread on the subject and a solution, with more discussion from another player's similar suggestion here.

Now another thread here as well.

Ammo

Q: Is there a possibility of an ammo rework to fix bugs and aid balance of several weapon classes?

With static ammo pickups and certain restrictions, high ammo consumption weapons often fall short, not in raw DPS which they compete evenly in, but because they just can't keep going for long before they're completely dry and relying on pickups/Restores. We also see such bugs as the Sniper+Castana ammo restriction issue.
My suggestion here attempts to address all of that, as well as opens up balance levers by allowing any ammo type to be used for secondaries. There's also a chance for this to bring currently unused Max Ammo mods up to a functional level by allowing them to improve ammo gained per pickup (while not making Mutation obsolete either).

Weapon Balance

Q: What changes might we see in the not too distant future to bring down outliers / bring up underperformers?

A lot of guns are completely outclassed in their field, such as the whole Gorgon family versus Soma. Since Mastery Rank Restriction appears to be tied less and less to the power grade of a weapon, is there any hope for more tightening of the 'tiers' of weapon power, as happened with such as the Supra among LMGs?

Players feel like weapons are often "missed" in a wave of buffs (e.g. secondary-shotguns as a whole during shotgun buff wave), or have suffered nerfs as outliers in the past (such as the Brakk and S.Gammacor) which may be outdated in today's Warframe. Are any of these on the radar for getting their fair share of buffs, or reversions of outdated nerfs?

Tonkor and Launchers

Q: Can the Tonkor get fair risk/reward rebalancing, and a tweak to r/r balance of other launcher weaponry, to bring back legitimacy of using other weapons, especially other launchers?

More damage, more blast radius, less risk. The Tonkor an obvious outlier, and not even locked behind a high MR. Its no-worry, highest-damage nature while also being AOE means that it detracts from the contribution of other Tenno in a squad. Like a fully modded Ember Prime running through Mercury, people barely get to play the game in comparison. Usage statistics speak for themselves - almost every Sortie, and even most Void missions still feature at least one Tonkor.

Here's a long thread of arguments for and against.

Personally, I would prefer not removing self-damage from other launchers almost-entirely to bring them to the Tonkor's level. Part of the fantasy of using explosive ordnance is Danger Close - don't be reckless and hit yourself.

However, the self-damaging paradigm at the moment appears to be lower base damage, but full mod scaling. This brings untriggered ordnance launchers such as the Ogris into a position where they pose a greater risk to the user than to enemies, and because of a lack of optional detonation, mistakes are guaranteed to be deadly to the player.

I'd suggest the following to start with:

- As per the Elytron Archwing, grant a UI element projectile beacon for launcher weapons to help guard against mistakes (and helps triggered explosives be used more effectively).

- Alter the paradigm of self-damage so that players are protected from instant suicide until much closer to an upper limit on modding for power than current functionality.

- Give the Tonkor this tamer, more balanced self-damage.

Hi De, you've made us wait 3½ months before we could own both War and Broken-War at the same time, unless we spend 595p on Hunhow's Gift.  To do so, we need to complete the following steps:

1. Obtain a Broken-War blueprint from Stalker, a rare enemy with a highly diluted drop table.
  2. Obtain two War Blades and a War Hilt from Conculysts, a rare enemy.
  3. Build Broken-War.
  4. Obtain a War blueprint from Stalker, a rare enemy with a highly diluted drop table.
  5. Build War.

Why did you make us wait this long, and why is the grind this bad?  Yes, Baro now has Stalker beacons, but they're expensive both in ducats and credits, and he didn't even bring them last weekend.  Also, why did you decide to make two War Blades and a War Hilt the crafting requirement for Broken-War, not War itself?  War literally consists of two blades and a hilt!

Will Machete receive a Augment mod or buff?
It's currently the weakest weapon in the game, and could use some love.

Any chance for a Prisma Machete sold by the Void Trader?

Any chance we'll have Syndicate cosmetic skins and helmets one day?

Detron got a Void Trader variant, will Brakk be getting one too?

Will there be Vandal skins for Warframes?
I like the designs of the Vandal weapons, but they don't really match any of the warframes.
Would be cool if their colors where changeable, or at least there where matching Warframe skins.

Would be cool is there where optional secondary missions during your main mission.
Like, during a spy mission, a officer could spawn,
and you could go capture him.
If you fail or choose not to do the optimal mission you don't fail your main mission,
it's just a chance at getting extra affinity,
and something to freshen up the game-play a little.

Would be cool for each Relay to get their own Bar where the Void Trader could go.
(he's always talking about wanting you to come to parties he's throwing.)

Would be cool if the Relays could have an Arcade, 
where you can play the different mini games like Floppy Zephyr and Wyrmius.

Would be cool if the Relays could have a fighting pit where anyone in the relay can fight each other.

Also, could we get a smaller Kubrow body type?
I want to make a tiny dog, but even the smallest one isn't small enough.

Any plans on giving (more)purpose to all those unsellable things in our inventory? I have thousands of unused Detonite Injectors, Fieldron Samples and Pigments that i'd love to turn into credits, or even into a consumable item.

Also, don't forget those Nav Segments: they are "useful" for tracking kills on a boss, but nothing else.

Cheers.

Mastery System is not explained too well, will that also be explained as well?
You mentioned that modding would be simplified, as in you can transform duplicate mods to fusion cores. When will that happen?

Focus gain in general is incredibly slow, and it seems Draco seems like a key place for Focus farming. Stealth has been nerfed to the ground making solo farming impossible. Will you do anything to combat this?

I remember in a Community hot topic that stated that endless missions (survival, defense, interception) would go by faster along with faster scaling. Will this be implemented soon?

Volt rework along with Mag rework?

Can you show Kavats live in the devstream?

Along with Sound 2.0, Lighting 2.0, Movement 2.0. Will you work on anything else?

There have been many complaints of a need for an AI rework, Will there be "AI 2.0"?

Healer Archwing and archwing expansion coming Soon?

Syndicate Expansion was mentioned a while ago(Quests, NPCs, Weapons, Augments(Preferably WEAPON Augments)), is still being worked on?

Sortie Token System when?

Can we please have the ability to use some more conclave augment mods in PvE? Mods like Prism Guard, Mesa's Waltz, Singularity, Kinetic Colision, and Rumbled have amazing potential but are restricted to PvP. I also like the idea of running with 2 augments for 1 ability like Ash's smoke bomb. Makes for more unique play. 

Most adamantly though, I just want to become a rock golem with Atlas to destroy everything.

Thanks for amazing work and Happy Belated Birthday Warframe!