Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why people do not play Jordas Verdict Raid?

Cloud

Let's talk clear, Raids certainly are not the favorite missions of the casual Warframe player. Why? Many say that it is not worth the trouble, we can say that this is relative, because if you get to a point where you have beated most of the game, the raids appear to be a pleasant alternative .... (but undoubtedly some improvements to the reward would be a great incentive)

Fortunately in the last period I saw that compared to some time ago, many more raids are done , and especially there has been a great proliferation of raids in pugs. That was a great and welcomed surprice since something which should have been restricted to a "clan/allience/strict friends range" has instead become accessible to all. Even the basic knowledge about mechanics are much improved, since it is now much harder to find someone who does not know at all how to move.

Unfortunately this slow "climb" is not the same for all raids.

Jordas verdict continues to remain a ghost mission, no one does, no one wants to do. In the most recent statistics you can see how in recent times ... we have 150k games sessions done in Lor vs. 21k games of JV (and 50% of this last one are failed). So, in practice, already the raids are not very "popular", but the JV is even less played, only 14% compared to LOR. In simply words , to find a JV session in pug is like winning the lottery.

Now, many have different opinions, but according to you... why is  JV so despised and avoided? What would you do to fix it?

Well, I know why I don't play it.

1) The puzzles were bugged all to hell. Could never get very far due to constant errors and having to restart. 

2) Maybe it's fixed, I got tired of trying.

3) They said it was gonna be an AW raid, I love AW, I have good AW gear, come to find out it's 90% ground based puzzles, and 10% AW based puzzles that have nothing to do with your gear, IN FACT having a multiforma gun with maxed mods can actually hurt you. Jordas himself has almost no health, and my grattler can push him from one 33% phase to the next in 2-3 seconds of sustained firing, then it's back into ground based puzzles forever hoping they don't break.  All of my time and effort in my AW gear was worthless for the raid, people in level 6 odonata's can do the same puzzle things I can, and the health gated manner of the actual Jordas fight makes my high-powered weapons useless.

Jordas Verdict is actually easier with crap gear than Jordas Golem.  That's messed up.

So, yeah, not going back.

Edited by Gelkor

Just now, (PS4)iBoiz said:

There are still many players that can't even do normal LOR properly (especially 4th hijack room with 6 pads).

JV requires even more coordination, injectors, and archwing.

yea true

19 minutes ago, xiao96 said:

i guess barely anyone plays archwing, i was onced trying to get a squad for it, no luck, i cant even level my other archwings fastly cus barely ppl play it, atleast in my opinion

13 minutes ago, Stouty22 said:

Because a lot of people don't like archwing and it takes longer than LoR. 

12 minutes ago, (XB1)Onyx Guarrd said:

No one likes archwing, simple truth. Leveling my AW stuff, so tedious. Never again unless 4x booster.

The good news is DE listened to the "Everyone hates AW" thing when they made the raid. It literally requires no advancement in AW gear or even much AW skill, most of the raid is on the ground, and the few AW parts can actually be screwed up if your archguns are too strong. Jordas himself has next to no health, meaning peashooter baseline archguns can kill him, and the rest of the raid is about the ground segments.

It's not an AW raid, it's a giant ground puzzle game with like, 3 flying segments. 

Edited by Gelkor

I completed it once and have failed several attempts aside from that. It's not too bad but the puzzles get to me, my buddy knows them well and he does them often.  There are dedicated teams that do them daily and speed run them. 

First time I just didn't get it, the Team got stuck at the gates you have to transport an object through the walls, the second the team stoped at the gathering resources phase, by the time I mustered will power to do the raid, all the resources I had from the 2nd time were gone, and I'd have to do it just to gather resources again? Just stoped trying, never looked back on it again. I barely remember how to do it anymore... mind you, I'm no stranger to Archwing, got Fluctus, Itzal, Odonota Prime, Elytron, Taurus, velocitor, even tho I don't deslike the game mode, I got pretty bored of it.
All I remember is that the Jordas Veredict is one frustrating raid to see through, either because you have too many people clueless or because 1 out of 2 times, it's not meant to be done at all.

I really enjoy TJV raid, phase one goes quick, phase two let's me test dps builds and can go pretty quickly, but that third phase kills the raid. Once you are inside, it is very difficult to navigate through the boss and for the longest time there were raid breaking bugs in this part. You can do phase 1 & 2 in about 15minutes, phase 3 however can take 20 minutes alone. 

So there is plenty of failure risk for the raid, and the rewards are lackluster. 

Hate to say it, but adding a few weapon BP's or parts to the raids might make running them more desirable. 

I haven't even attempted it because I don't want any of the rewards period.

I do LOR because I have a use or 2 for most of the arcanes, and the credits help when I want to max a rank 10 mod.

I thought of doing the raid just to say that I've done it, but I can't make myself bother with trying to find a party to get me started on the injector crap.

On 6/4/2016 at 9:48 PM, Pyus said:

I really enjoy TJV raid, phase one goes quick, phase two let's me test dps builds and can go pretty quickly, but that third phase kills the raid. Once you are inside, it is very difficult to navigate through the boss and for the longest time there were raid breaking bugs in this part. You can do phase 1 & 2 in about 15minutes, phase 3 however can take 20 minutes alone. 

So there is plenty of failure risk for the raid, and the rewards are lackluster. 

Hate to say it, but adding a few weapon BP's or parts to the raids might make running them more desirable. 

It's far shorter dude,just need to get the hang of it :)

Here's a video of mine,if any of you is interested!

Of course first part was skipped (us ps4 peasants don't have the 1st part fixed yet) but the rest is legit

the reason i do not do it is

when i do get into squad 3-4/8 have underleved arcwing gear

it is pain in the &#! to do (players not having injectors)....

flying fast in small corridors...yeeah no ty

no support arcwing ..yet

hectic

31 minutes ago, Gelkor said:

Well, I know why I don't play it.

1) The puzzles were bugged all to hell. Could never get very far due to constant errors and having to restart. 

2) Maybe it's fixed, I got tired of trying.

3) They said it was gonna be an AW raid, I love AW, I have good AW gear, come to find out it's 90% ground based puzzles, and 10% AW based puzzles that have nothing to do with your gear, IN FACT having a multiforma gun with maxed mods can actually hurt you. Jordas himself has almost no health, and my grattler can push him from one 33% phase to the next in 2-3 seconds of sustained firing, then it's back into ground based puzzles forever hoping they don't break.  All of my time and effort in my AW gear was worthless for the raid, people in level 6 odonata's can do the same puzzle things I can, and the health gated manner of the actual Jordas fight makes my high-powered weapons useless.

Jordas Verdict is actually easier with crap gear than Jordas Golem.  That's messed up.

So, yeah, not going back.

Yeah, basically this, the Bugs and D/Cs really turned me off of JV.

Edited by Kao-Snake

I did the LOR once with a full team of 8 players and we already failed at the first stage.

And if LOR is easier than JV I don't know how I could even finish that one.

not like I'm new or anything. Just a mostly casual player with 700+ hours of actual ingame time.

Edited by Icpmcp