The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE's idea for Oberon's passive is....

100% agree with what Rebecca said in stream.  Thematically interesting but, ah, not great.  Was hinted at that there's development coming in wildlife though, so not totally turned off to the idea.  I agree though, passively regenerating hp when outside or near vegetation or some such would be more welcome with the game in its current, rather wildlifeless state.

Just now, Gelkor said:

In Light=>HP Regen, in Dark=>Energy Regen

Boom, done. Simple. 

Except as they said in stream the lighting is... wonky.  Which I completely agree with based on every single time I've ever used Eclipse.

Just now, (PS4)Cwellann said:

100% agree with what Rebecca said in stream.  Thematically interesting but, ah, not great.  Was hinted at that there's development coming in wildlife though, so not totally turned off to the idea.  I agree though, passively regenerating hp when outside or near vegetation or some such would be more welcome with the game in its current, rather wildlifeless state.

Except as they said in stream the lighting is... wonky.  Which I completely agree with based on every single time I've ever used Eclipse.

True, which is why I added the energy regen part to what they had said originally on the stream, so that at least no matter what, you have some passive condition being applied. 

As opposed to a lot of these passives which are either sounding too good and OP, or completely horribly situational so as to be useless.

Just now, Gelkor said:

True, which is why I added the energy regen part to what they had said originally on the stream, so that at least no matter what, you have some passive condition being applied.

Oh yeah, it's definitely not a bad idea - I just really don't like the wonkiness of the lighting mechanics (mainly because every time I try to run for a shadow in the last stage of LoR when there's a bad Bless in the group, I end up in light, and then end up taking a nap in the sun because Vay Hek does not like Prism).

2 minutes ago, Gelkor said:

As opposed to a lot of these passives which are either sounding too good and OP, or completely horribly situational so as to be useless.

Yes.  Although I'm really hopeful that between Ash's new augment and proposed passive that they're setting him up to do some major work on Bladestorm.

So DE wanna go with that Druid theme till the end, completely forget that oberon is a paladin. Back to da topic-i like idea of hp regen while you on light more, coz even with expansion of fauna it still gonna be underwhelming. it's one of those opportunities that comes to DE to somewhat "fix" (read as "Make it suck less") oberon. I really don't wanna think that De will waste that opportunity

I think its nice to try to include more druid in the Paladin, but I feel that a more useful passive would be ideal. Still, its good to at least get one. I think that reduced status duration, passive healing, or bonuses to or from Radiation might be more appropriate.

yeah it's kind of meh. I'm not a fan of Hydroid's either; how is ONE Tentacle gonna do anything? and ground slamming everywhere not only looks silly, but it isn't guaranteed to spawn Tentacles, so what's the point?

I think he should have a resistance to Impact damage, since Water is impossible to compress.

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

yeah it's kind of meh. I'm not a fan of Hydroid's either; how is ONE Tentacle gonna do anything? and ground slamming everywhere not only looks silly, but it isn't guaranteed to spawn Tentacles, so what's the point?

I think he should have a resistance to Impact damage, since Water is impossible to compress.

Because passives are supposed to be gimmicky? And your idea is... I dont know any enemy outside of a Sortie ever doing an Impact proc on me. And the only Impact weapons I see on enemies are the Karak and the Grakata (low levels) or Sobek, but we are usually away from those guys, or the Ballista, but having less damage from 1 dangerous enemy is not good.

How long would those Tentacles last? 10 seconds can be good against Infested or making it grab the enemy you land on instead of making it fly away with a slam from the Jat Kittag.

I don't mind the animal mind control passive, but I think it should extend to Kubrows and Kavats on giving them a buff. Take Inaros with his health link, Kubrows become tanks. Perhaps a radiation proc on their attacks, or a shield buff that can match Inaros on the benefits would help Scott's push on the animal master passive. 

I think if it really screwed with the Hyeka then you have something. And down the road maybe De will introduce new wild life that bolsters this passive. We also have the Uranus and those sharks swimming around that you can add to the really small list of native life forms Oberon could effect as well. 

1 hour ago, Gelkor said:

Yeah, most of the passives are copy-pasted from mods. *shrug*

They don't have to be though cx otherwise -> Where's my anti-zephyr-gravity mod?
So yeah, original idea that doesn't copy anything else could be pretty nice too.
I'm totally up for it if it makes oberon better o3o.

The passive is way too situational. Not a lot of tile sets have wildlife, and just taming them doesn't help much (poor damage, easily killed).

I get that Oberon has an affinity with nature being a druidic paladin and all, but let's give him something more useful for combat in most scenarios please.

1 hour ago, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

They don't have to be though cx otherwise -> Where's my anti-zephyr-gravity mod?
So yeah, original idea that doesn't copy anything else could be pretty nice too.
I'm totally up for it if it makes oberon better o3o.

If they do want to go with a animal theme with Oberon they could easily do a "Kavats and Kubrow's X stats are Y% better." *shrug* I'm just spitballing at this point.

8 minutes ago, Gelkor said:

If they do want to go with a animal theme with Oberon they could easily do a "Kavats and Kubrow's X stats are Y% better." *shrug* I'm just spitballing at this point.

I mean, Oberon could spawn with a Evolved "Companion" which would be decided by the tileset he is in...
you'd have one sick Wolf-like kubrow on Earth using Oberon's mods to be built and survive.
You'd have a freaking flying Desert Skate on Phobos or some sick stuff like that xd.
I'm just being silly now.

I play Oberon a ton and I like the Druid theme DE seems intent on.  Instead of animals in the environment becoming allies why not have him summon spectral animals to come fight at his side for a duration.  That would solve the "there's no animals in xy and z tile sets" issue. 

A really simple passive would be to not have irradiated enemies attack Oberon. Bam, He got a nice synergy with rad weapons and his skills now make him more protected.

Or have any attack from Oberon have a chance of proccing radiation. 

You could go the paladin+druid way and have him have a chance to turn incoming damage into energy or health, prioritizing whichever is less at the time for a short time. Like he'll give off a small pulse that will spread the effect to allies in a radius. Think  like 4% chance.

1 hour ago, Evanescent said:

A really simple passive would be to not have irradiated enemies attack Oberon. Bam, He got a nice synergy with rad weapons and his skills now make him more protected.

Or have any attack from Oberon have a chance of proccing radiation. 

You could go the paladin+druid way and have him have a chance to turn incoming damage into energy or health, prioritizing whichever is less at the time for a short time. Like he'll give off a small pulse that will spread the effect to allies in a radius. Think  like 4% chance.

That would be beautiful ??????