Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop Part 2: ...& more Warframe Changes.

[DE]Rebecca

14 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Valkyr:

Hysteria is Valkyr's Rage Mode - we teased and released her as a Beserker frame and we've iterated on Hysteria a couple of times since release. We are returning to this power to reign in its issues but still thematically invoke her ultimate rage.

The relationship between time spent in Hysteria and energy & incoming damage has changed in two ways.

Firstly, the longer you stay in Hysteria, the more Energy it'll cost you and (but the energy drain ramp up is capped).

Can she get an increase to melee range to compensate for the increasing energy cost because she have to run at every enemy to secure kills. As an example for my build i run rush & armored agility to be more efficient at getting to the next enemy so that i wouldn't be that valkyr in a defense sortie getting carried but rather be the valkyr that can get 75% of the kills and revive everyone during a tier 3 grineer rad proc defense sortie.

Just now, KidaTech said:

Can she get an increase to melee range to compensate for the increasing energy cost because she have to run at every enemy to secure kills. As an example for my build i run rush & armored agility to be more efficient at getting to the next enemy so that i wouldn't be that valkyr in a defense sortie getting carried but rather be the valkyr that can get 75% of the kills and revive everyone during a tier 3 grineer rad proc defense sortie.

I disagree, the range is sufficient on valkyr by a longshot.

You have to go up close and personal, and I do not prefer a unnecessary extended range buff, her damage is sufficient, and parkour 2.0 is useful.

Glad they're doing something about Exalted Blade, but I still don't think it's enough. The waves need to do less than base damage all the time, not just based on distance. They keep billing him as the Ultimate Swordsman, but none of his powers, other than Slash Dash, actually are melee oriented or swordsman-like. Radial Javelin is a pure ranged attack. EB turns him into a walking fluctus and can be kept on basically indefinitely. Radial Blind is an assassin power and turns him into an executioner, not a swordsman. Radial Blind honestly would fit better on Ash.

And yes, I know I'm being pedantic and nitpicking. I know I really wouldn't care as much if they would drop the charade of calling him a swordsman and made a frame that was an actual swordsman.

So... since line of sight works with yet another ability, can you guys put some time into fixing it?

Currently it does not work reliably. I can be face to face with an enemy, locking eyes with them, and somehow Radial Blind does not work on them...

Excal has the survivability to usually deal, but Mirage will probably die a lot from this bug. Fix this, and much of the salt from this change will dissipate. 

As far as the EB spin blind costing energy, can we get a way to not blind when doing a spin attack? 

Edited by (PS4)Bowjangelz

I think reduced range rather than reduced damage on waves would be better. And by reduced range, I mean like a meter or two. Maybe charge attacks could get up to 5-6 meters. EB should extend the range of his melee, not turn his melee into ranged.

One of the reasons why Hysteria has developed these issues is because Valkyr's other powers are not nearly as reliable (especially Ripline and Paralysis). By reducing Hysteria's effectiveness without taking a good look at the rest of her powers you will encourage players to stop playing Valkyr or to find new ways to exploit Hysteria.

4 minutes ago, motorfirebox said:

I think reduced range rather than reduced damage on waves would be better. And by reduced range, I mean like a meter or two. Maybe charge attacks could get up to 5-6 meters. EB should extend the range of his melee, not turn his melee into ranged.

If they add a charge attack let alone reward people for using the combos

14 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

*May 27th Addition:

Trinity Changes
Blessing:
Blessing now heals Allies within the shared Tenno Affinity aura range. This Tenno Affinity aura range is a new UI feature available to all players beside the Shield Stat. This range is 50 meters from Trinity. 
Blessing still instantly heals all Allies (Tenno,Companions, etc) in range. 
Blessing's Damage Resistance is now calculated by the following formula: 
Damage Resistance % = 100 - Square (Average(Tenno Health%)).

Quoting for visibility!

Here are the Trinity Changes that will be included in today's 18.13 update on PC- please remember that the information listed is subject to change and that we will continue to monitor these Abilities to ensure that they are fun and fair to use.

49 minutes ago, (PS4)Fazcnation said:

Maybe this isn't the right place and I just didn't see it anywhere else but what about Zephyr? I think she needs a substantial rework since Parkour 2.0 was released. Let her fly, I'm all for a Freebird! Hope you got something coming up for her. Pretty Please! 

You can keep flying forever with zenurik.

And here we go.

Questions:

1. By Affinity share range, does that mean that 50 meters cannot be affected by Power Range mods on Trinity herself since Affinity share range is a feature that is default to all players?
  2. The formula for the damage resistance is a bit confusing. Is the Tenno health % based on 1 player or all players in the squad (since there is mention of an average)?
Edited by PsiWarp

3 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Quoting for visibility!

Here are the Trinity Changes that will be included in today's 18.13 update on PC- please remember that the information listed is subject to change and that we will continue to monitor these Abilities to ensure that they are fun and fair to use.

Do you people even read these threads? Very few people actually want this change and those who do (for the most part) have never faced level 120 enemies

E N E M Y  S C A L I N G  N O T  N E R F S

Edited by CptKornflake

I think Trinity need a full rework for make all her powers usable together, not just "EV" or "Bless".

And for Valkyr's Hysteria, I have an idea to make it more usefull but not let the player use only this power. It's could be good if Valkyr have a damage multplier for Hysteria that increase when Hysteria is off and decrease when Hysteria is on. That would make Hysteria more powerful but only if you not overusing it.

14 hours ago, AM-Bunny said:

I can tell there's going to be a lot of anger and frustration after this patch hits.

It's tough to let go of things, especially when you've settled into a certain playstyle or mechanic. Everyone wants what's best for the game, but sometimes - on a personal level - it's hard to be honest about what that is.

I think most of these changes are warranted. 

I agree. Most of these changes are completely balanced and reasonable, but dang, I'm gonna miss my Exalted Turret Excalibur.

15 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Trinity Changes
Blessing:
Blessing now heals Allies within the shared Tenno Affinity aura range. This Tenno Affinity aura range is a new UI feature available to all players beside the Shield Stat. This range is 50 meters from Trinity. 
Blessing still instantly heals all Allies (Tenno,Companions, etc) in range. 
Blessing's Damage Resistance is now calculated by the following formula: 
Damage Resistance % = 100 - Square (Average(Tenno Health%)).

RIP Jordas Verdict raid!
This changes will make the Raids and other Highlevel stuff to nearly impossible stuff.

I hope you (DE) know that you also have to fix the problems with the enemy-scaling which is totally broken. A lot of Salt incoming!

5 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

I think Trinity need a full rework for make all her powers usable together, not just "EV" or "Bless".

And for Valkyr's Hysteria, I have an idea to make it more usefull but not let the player use only this power. It's could be good if Valkyr have a damage multplier for Hysteria that increase when Hysteria is off and decrease when Hysteria is on. That would make Hysteria more powerful but only if you not overusing it.

you can, ppl choose not to

1 minute ago, -S-O-Kranker said:

RIP Jordas Verdict raid!
This changes will make the Raids and other Highlevel stuff to nearly impossible stuff.

I hope you (DE) know that you also have to fix the problems with the enemy-scaling which is totally broken. A lot of Salt incoming!

it will only make the last part a bit harder

Edited by (PS4)TENZA_ZANGETSU-

15 minutes ago, CptKornflake said:

Do you people even read these threads? Very few people actually want this change and those who do (for the most part) have never faced level 120 enemies

E N E M Y  S C A L I N G  N O T  N E R F S

As someone who plays both endgame and midgame content, I disagree. Enemy scaling and REWORKS. These are not nerfs if you play intelligently, without the intent of cheesing content. The current issue is that although these changes are sound in theory, in practice the game's scaling needs to allow for that. The changes should not be on one end of the spectrum. There is a reason it is called balance. Early and mid game is simply too easy, late game and endgame are punishing. There is no in-between right now, and that's what balance passes need to fix.

Edited by UpgradeInProgress
Hooray for typos!

10 minutes ago, Magnulast said:

I disagree, the range is sufficient on valkyr by a longshot.

You have to go up close and personal, and I do not prefer a unnecessary extended range buff, her damage is sufficient, and parkour 2.0 is useful.

Range buff I'm asking for isn't something crazy like 15m but something like a 3m. Ex: Im playing t4 survival with a very good Eb excail. i see a enemy then go for the kill but a big &#! wave from a eb spaming excail comes from a mile away kills the enemy i was going for because i didnt have that range buff plus 20 more in the same line of sight.

4 minutes ago, KidaTech said:

Range buff I'm asking for isn't something crazy like 15m but something like a 3m. Ex: Im playing t4 survival with a very good Eb excail. i see a enemy then go for the kill but a big &#! wave from a eb spaming excail comes from a mile away kills the enemy i was going for because i didnt have that range buff plus 20 more in the same line of sight.

I know it's not something insane like 15 meters. But hek, to me it;s a change that isn't needed.

Immortality is the downside of range. I don't see excal EB spam as a issue regarding that.

Valkyr is meant for 1 on 1, not 1 on 10.

Simply put, I disagree with the buff suggestion, and I wasn't attempting to imagine 15 meters.......................umm....yeah.

Valkyr even with the "nerf" is fine as is.(To me.)

Edited by Magnulast
Adding clarification.