Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 18.13.2

[DE]Rebecca

7 minutes ago, SanguineSavant said:

Taking some time to consider how it was worded I'd say starting is the key word. If you are MR11 as you say. All your gear should start with 11 capacity. If you add a catalyst/reactor that jumps to 22 starting capacity. I haven't been able to get on WF yet to see whether this is additive to our usual 60, so I'm curious if all it really means is we can apply mods sooner. So basically this could be one of two scenarios:

Scenario 1:

(i) Your weapon is rank 0. Your MR is 10. These is no catalyst on the weapon so you have 10 mod capacity on it.
(ii) You level the weapon to rank 30. Your MR is still 10. There is no catalyst on the weapon so your overall capacity is 40.

(iii) You attach a catalyst to your rank 30 weapon. Your MR is still 10. Your total capacity is 60 as this is the permanent cap.

Scenario 2:

(i) Your weapon is rank 0. Your MR is 10. These is no catalyst on the weapon so you have 10 mod capacity on it to start off with.
(ii) You level the weapon to rank 30. Your MR is still 10. There is no catalyst on the weapon so your overall capacity is 40.

(iii) You attach a catalyst to your rank 30 weapon. Your MR is still 10. Your total capacity is 70 as this is determined by additive capacity from your MR.

EDIT: After some thought it is most likely scenario 1, which is sad as it does not confront the distant problem of Primed Mods and augments congesting builds but it's nice for vets I suppose in some regard.

It's just let you level faster. In MR10 the weapon will have 10( 20 with catalyst) mod capacity, but till you do not get it to level 10, it will not give more capacity. Cap is the same (60).

On warframes aura is additive, so MR 10 + R5 Corrosive Projection-> 17 capacity

Edited by Grundburg

2 minutes ago, Soulvengeance said:

Saryn replaced trinity long time ago in my book.  Trin just has way too good of scaling into later content for mass killing, combine with loki so you do not get shot and you never need to worry about mobs lvl again.  Now that she (Trin) was nerfed (in my book brought back into balance) I play her alot more now.  Before, it was kinda boring and redundant and seemed too OP when single frame could pug players in 1-2 hour survival runs without much need for the rest of the team.  If all frames were brought into relative balance which is what i suspect DE is up to, it will make it considerably easier to balance game content.  As it is now, just a few frames control the top 10% of content simply do to immortality or crazy damage/control.  Perhaps by years end we can see all frames be viable in that top 10% of content but that is really wishful thinking.

San very interesting, Let us know what the verdict is.  At work right now on break so really can not jump in to test.

The line 'The cap on capacity remains unchanged' means they're going to keep it at 60. So per example I am a MR21 player. So I can fit any mods under 21 capacity on an un-potato'd weapon. So enough to get my Serration on a rifle and possibly something else to start out with. If I did potato the weapon this means that I'd only have to get it to rank 9 to get the full capacity on it as:

MR 21 = 21 capacity
Potato = 21 x 2 = 42 capacity
9 rank x 2 = 18 capacity
18 + 42 = 60 Capacity.

15 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Ballistas will have telegraphing when they are winding up to fire off a round from their deadly Vulkars. An observant Tenno will be better able to identify and prioritize these threats.

That is why I have all music muted while I'm playing. This is a perfect example of a game , where sometimes it's better to rely on your ears .
Sometimes I find a target much easier by listening, than looking .
I would be a nice addition to have prioritized audio gain for Bombard's missile for example, it's hard to hear or see the projectile in crowded / chaotic situations .

42 minutes ago, Noobinator29 said:

Wow ... now i can't even solo with trin ... great ...

If you need 99% damage reduction to solo I'd dare say there is room for improvement in the way you play the game.

15 minutes ago, SanguineSavant said:

The line 'The cap on capacity remains unchanged' means they're going to keep it at 60. So per example I am a MR21 player. So I can fit any mods under 21 capacity on an un-potato'd weapon. So enough to get my Serration on a rifle and possibly something else to start out with. If I did potato the weapon this means that I'd only have to get it to rank 9 to get the full capacity on it as:

MR 21 = 21 capacity
9 rank x 2 = 18 capacity
18 + 42 = 60 Capacity.

Thats absolutely wrong
you have to reach level 22 to gain more capacity.

in your example:

MR 21 = 21 capacity
22 rank x 2 = 44 capacity
44 > 42 = 44 Capacity.

You have to get it to rank 30 like before.
Try it out get a Braton out of the market.

Edited by Vanthenos

16 hours ago, Nyxxz said:

Crying about losing 99% DR, Just lol.

I'm sure there's more frames than Trin not having 4 useful abilities like, 90% of the Frames pretty much.

Actually this guy is complaining about losing the non-cheese aspect of an ability you used to have to think about using. Now it's turned into an ult spam ability for people to just have constant DR, while one of our few support frames have abilities that are subpar at best.

I'm in the same boat as this guy, Trinity's recent change puts her down towards the Ult Spam path we all want to avoid. It was better even before when we had it scale percentage off the whole cell's health average, because that one had you think about when to use 4 at least instead of spamming it.

16 hours ago, 4ever4gotin said:

*sigh* So, you opted out on any risk/reward aspect to blessing and decided to just make it a dull flat 75% DR. This is old Trinity, I MEAN years ago old. Now just 25% worse but is litterally screaming JUST KEEP ME ON. Link is still fairly the same, although it used to be god mode before. EV is better now than long ago, but that has many crying out for a nerf hammer. AND Well of Life, seriously WoL has had almost nothing done to it, it's a joke DE. Trinity has for a long time running only been a three power warframe because of WoL.

Disappointed, really DE, it's something I don't often say. Anything but a true rework would quell my sorrows. To hek with Limbo, if Trinity is left as is for a while.... I don't know what to think

For people saying Glaive bombing, 99% DR exploits.

You know, ALL of these examples are not about the design, those are EXPLOITS,  THE METHODS OF ABUSE. Methods that SHOULD have been fixed.

That design mechanic's INTENTION was to be risk/reward, but DE forgot to cover all bases, and this EXPLOIT rose. You weren't supposed to do this, this is the root of my frustration. What SHOULD have be dealt with.

But even yourself proven something, of how short sighted reasoning would lead to even the best intentions astray. DE made a step forward in bring Trinity out of this monotonous playstyle of just "Pressing 4 after XX seconds" with the percent heal change. What is she now? Isn't she just that macro-ing play style of just press 4 over, and over, and OVER after the duration expires? THE VERY thing, the CHEESE that DE is trying to get rid of?

Differentiate all the values: Design, Mechanics, Intended Use, and Exploits. You think I want it like before? No I don't, I wanted tangible, meaningful changes. 

Bingo, right on point. Really just removing self damage completely from the Blessing calculation would have sorted the issue.

First I want to apologize for myself. I like others love this game so much it has become a part of who i am. So I think we as players with our feedback sometimes get emotionally envalved with our favorite frames and weapons, that we forget that this game is still endevelopment. and still in open beta. we as Tenno don't like change but it is enevitable to happen. I just hope that these changes that we are seeing will work out for the community as well as our own individual builds, and play styles. Me personally I'm a hack and slash berserker player. And, with Ash/Ash prime as my favorite frame the impending rework scares the h311 out of me. I hope its better than when they brought the clones in. but I fear it will be destroyed, altogether. I loved it in its original design. But, i saw the truth in needing it shortened but just didn't like the way they did it. But, this game as a whole has changed about a hundred different ways since i started playing. And I know it will continue to change by the time its ready for full release. Perhaps by U 1000. lol. But, seriously DE you have made the best game ever. We do truely love you. but like you for some of us this too has become Our baby. So as we watch our child grow we too. Just want whats best for us. as you want whats best for the Game. So I ask you to forgive us in our ranting. on this or that part of the game as it changes. and I request Please don't totally take the animation away from blade storm But, what ever you do to it. just remember WE love this game just as much as you do.

15 hours ago, DreadWarlock said:

It pains me to say this but, 75% is more than enough, learn to roll, use cover. That's how you survive level 100 enemies even without the help of a Trinity. I just did a sortie yesterday with a team comprised of Day Equinox(me) and a Limbo, I only fell when my ammo ran out(who the hell had the great idea of limiting our weapons in an excavation?) 

You can't dodge auto-fire from 40 mobs firing at you from all directions, and there are plenty of mob attacks in the game that one-hit me with link AND 75% blessing on. 99% is NOT overpowered when you have to keep an eye on 4 people's health that can go down in an instant(even with QT and 600 energy), especially with the range nerf.

1 hour ago, Vanthenos said:

Thats absolutely wrong

in your example:

MR 21 = 21 capacity
44 > 42 = 44 Capacity.

Actually, what @SanguineSavant said is absolutely correct. He said you still have to continue ranking up your weapon to gain extra mod capacity until it caps out. I think you misunderstood what he said. Basically, you're repeating exactly the same thing he said.

9 minutes ago, Scarletite said:

Actually, what @SanguineSavant said is absolutely correct. He said you still have to continue ranking up your weapon to gain extra mod capacity until it caps out. I think you misunderstood what he said. Basically, you're repeating exactly the same thing he said.

He said that he has to Rank up to Rank 9 to get the full mod capacity and thats wrong.

Just remove

17 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:
  • Blessing: Damage Resistance is no longer calculated based on an Average, but instead a flat value simply capped at 75% (which can be achieved via use of Strength mods). The squad UI now shows who is in range with the Tenno Affinity marker.

Just remove it already and make the frame (un)great again

17 hours ago, Lone.Hunter.99 said:

wait...Nothing on Volt's Discharge Dmg Cap and inability to activate from the air? really?

as a tactical as hell warframe, volt, with all his abilities i taught he'd be amazing again, the only thing i cannot imagine without is the mid-air casting, i mean i love that slide, bullet jump and Overload/Discharge on a group, now it's making stuck on the ground which is i'm sorry but it's so damn annoying.. it's volt the fastest thing running around stunning and stuff.. removing mid-air ulti is really so, so much annoying it makes me disgusted, think about dropping from balcony to the ground full of enemies, now you have to touch the ground to save your friends or something like that, the ulti's purpose is not damage anyways right? so why would you remove a mobilizing element from it??

1 hour ago, Metsudo said:

Bingo, right on point. Really just removing self damage completely from the Blessing calculation would have sorted the issue.

Why don't they just remove Self-Damage weapons.. It's an old mechanic and it really serves no purpose. Glaive's explosion,  Angstrum, Ogris etc self-damage mechanic was originally there to "balance" their powerfulness but now there are other non-damaging AoE weapons I.E. Tonkor, Simulor, Quanta, Sonicor  which are more power-ful and don't have the self-damage aspect; therefore it should be removed because those are now weaker counterparts along with having self-damage. Restore Trinity's Bless since this gap will be closed

Edited by 3thereal
Logic

2 hours ago, Vanthenos said:

Thats absolutely wrong

in your example:

MR 21 = 21 capacity
44 > 42 = 44 Capacity.

Which makes weapons usable... but it doesn't reduce the grind.

3 minutes ago, 3thereal said:

Why don't they just remove Self-Damage weapons..... they really serve no purpose. Glaive's explosion,  Angstrum, Ogris etc.... it isn't like there are other non-damaging AoE weapons I.E. Tonkor, Simulor, Quanta, Sonicor.... and restore Trinity's Bless.

I suppose they could also do the 50 damage cap from the tonkor for all the self damage weapons. Either way it would sort the blessing issue and also make other explosive weapons more viable.

3 minutes ago, Metsudo said:

I suppose they could also do the 50 damage cap from the tonkor for all the self damage weapons. Either way it would sort the blessing issue and also make other explosive weapons more viable.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Ogris Band-aid mod wasn't enough to remove the penalty of one-shotting yourself. Also I should note that although the Tonkor does have a 50 self-damage the other weapons have none. 

Edited by 3thereal