Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Works Part 5: 'Speedy' Update!

[DE]Rebecca

This is going to be a really short Dev Workshop compared to Parts 1 through 4 - but it's worth giving everyone a heads up on! We are still iterating and playing through the changes, but we have some confirmed Volt changes coming in the 18.14 Update.

The changes are as follows:

Speed:

- Volt will be able to see the Speed pickup he creates.
- Volt can now recast Speed (like Mirage's Eclipse). Each recast will replace the prior speed pickup to the new casting location.

Electric Shield:

- Volt can now place up to 6 Shields (was 4).

Short and sweet - just some awareness for everyone that we are indeed still reviewing your feedback on the changes.

YES FINALLY still needs A LOT more work but this ok for now...I am expecting more soon. Please read more on the volt megathread because there's more problems that haven't been addressed that need to be ASAP 

Every ability still needs major buffs, ES has been nerfed to the ground yet again, this is not fixing anything but thanks for the effort 

Edited by Wolfnrun

1 minute ago, TheGuyverOne said:

In case someone doesn't know what you're referring to.

in fact i am way more bothered about the combos and weird animation of the stance

the E E break EEE combo being a pure fail allmpost impossible to sort out the timing if not focusing on the weird animation

Edited by Tsoe

No, no no!!! This will not solve the core problems!

The core problems are still the following:

1-Speed is unconventionally placed and not given to the whole team while they run and move. For a mobility-based game this is fatal and kills the fun...You don't want to stop and go back to pick up a speed boost even if it is closer to you after this update the core problem is still the same. We need something like limbo: roll to get out. 

On the other hand, recasting speed while active can and will be abused for perma speed builds...which Im actually curious about but it will make sancti tigris a machine gun...

2- Electric shield pick-up is awful. You want to revive someone? nope drop/pick up shield. you want to pick up a data mass?nope drop/pick up shield. you want to hack a panel?nope drop/pick up shield. you want to use a zip-line? basically, the X key is not a bright idea because it gives so many problems!!

3-Discharge has a damage cap. Period. I mean...it doesn't even do any damage to begin with, why would you cap it? it makes it very unreliable and not very consistent...Do something about this please...

I know you are tired of listening to Domaik, the crazy volt guy who will not stop asking for a Volt rework but really now we have some serious issues with the current volt and these proposed changes are not going to fix anything!

Edited by Domaik

3 minutes ago, PoisonHD said:

Recasting speed while active? Holy hell, YES!!!

yeah that's a great thing

and well some of us actually love the not being forced into speed buff

volt will now have to recast in range of his team and communicate , it may be fast action game it doesnt mean we have to be no brainer

a thing that could be done is make the speed buff way pointable (automatic way point though)

Edited by Tsoe

I'm still not sold on the pickup thing for Speed, it can be very difficult for teammates to get it due to unpredictable positioning in most groups.

It should be applied to all teammates like before but offer a prompt to disable speed (like the X key) so those that do not want to buff will not use it. To those suggesting a roll to remove, utilizing a basic movement feature to disable a movement buff is a terrible idea, especially because it is extremely easy to accidentaly perform it.

Edited by RahuHordika

8 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Short and sweet - just some awareness for everyone that we are indeed still reviewing your feedback on the changes.

I think the only thing that makes players worried is that you do focus on it for now, but in a few weeks these things end up in the dust for a few months like Limbo, he had a huge amount of attention when he first released similar to all these changes but than the constant changes kinda just... disappeared over time and DE went on to improve other parts of the games even though these frames, Limbo in this case still has lots of improvements to go.

You can't still see the volt speed buff on the minimap, it would be good to know where it is if you want it or not.

And i don't like it as pickup, it was way better as range buff, now volt players are like playing solo, nobody have the speed buff, i feel useless on speed runs ...

Edited by clemza

Two things:

Reduce the energy drain on holding the shield if you havent done so. If there's drain while moving it around, people will just use a placed one

Add a tooltip that says press e to put it down.