The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is your expectation/Fears of Lunaro?

TheSteelRat

5 minutes ago, kkinnison said:

what i would really hate is if there are Lunaro exclusive mods or a loadout mode (like conclave)

Be nice if each frame had some ability that could be used in the game mode.

Actually I would LOVE lunaro mods that allow us to apply our new-found lunaro skills into PvE combat.... think chucking back grenades...using nulifiers and giant balls and dodging bombard rockets :P

... You may have been on to something! :D

]\'[

3 minutes ago, tehgreg said:

I expect it to be crap. People will check it out of curiosity for 10 minutes and then everyone will be back grinding in Void. It's PVP for f**** sake, haven't we made it clear that we don't want more PVP?

Actually I judge it when its out... cause going back to the void to grind as you said...doesn't sound as fun...

]\'[

Expectation?

The creation of maps, animation and the expenditure of code time that I will never touch, because I don't PvP, I don't care about the skin someone builds around PvP. I don't play this game for PvP I didn't act as founder for PvP I don't spend money on Plat or Prime access for PvP.

Fears?

The worst possible scenario is if PvE content/weapons/cosmetics get locked behind Lunaro.

Universally, PvP has always been a net negative in every game I've played (And that is 33 years of gaming), the more PvP, the closer I come to moving on.

Edited by SilentMobius

My hope is that they will not have any mods for the gamemode and have it be just about the game and skill. With mods it can easily get unbalanced, as it is with current conclave. Heck, I hope that all frames will go in having the same base speed so that certain frames don't get an advantage; the choice in the frame should be purely cosmetic.

I fear that it may, initially, have balancing issues. If all players are equal, I see no problems, but the moment someone is able to obtain the upper hand, there is no hope for a new player starting out. Much like PVP, if you started late, you only run into players with all the pvp mods making your experience less than enjoyable as there is no balance.

No Lunaro mods/upgrades and it will be great. 

I fear the prospect of quick plat sales will turn this into a battle of who gets the upgrades first. Killing the idea of a fun sport.

On a side note, a Lunaro practice room in the Dojo would be a nice addition.

New game mode... lets see how DE did with the other modes:

LoR/JV : JV is buggy, LoR is okay.  But it is sad when you see Recruiting chat filled with "MR15+" or "Experainced only" or even worse you just have players who form their own group and never invite anyone else. and the thing can get derailed by trolls or a player that has no clue what to do and does the stupidest thing instead

Archwing: Most people do not like it.  Getting parts for items is a pain, leveling is torture.

Sharkwing: take the good parts of Archwing and get rid of it... but add some good eye candy

Conclave: Laggy, toxic, and a lot of players don't even bother.

Lunaro:  I am not expecting them to get this right

1 hour ago, Domaik said:

My honest opinion?

A good team working on a PvE coop game are WASTING time and resources trying to aim for a PvP that more than half of the community will not receive well or adapt to. Warframe is what it is. it's coop and PVE not PvP

if they spent that time and resources in world-building we would have so much more. Quests, cities, colonies, space stations. More NPC action. basically worldbuilding. We could use some more wildlife creatures as well so they can be finally counted as a standalone faction.

So true.

Rather than developing a single idea, theme, and identity for Warframe, the devs seem to be content to flit around and try to harvest successful features of other games.

They had the audacity to compare the Shadow Debt Event to Shadow of Mordor's Nemesis System. Obviously the latter performed much better, for one simple reason: Shadow of Mordor was built from the ground up around the Nemesis System. You can't just tack the idea onto an existing game and expect it to be as good. Yet this is exactly what they've seen fit to do.

The idea of tracking and trapping powerful enemies is something Monster Hunter is famous for, and the Synthesis Targets were a pale imitation. The space fights of Zone of the Enders live on fondly in many people's hearts, while Archwing just tries to emulate it. Time and time again they make half hearted attempts to replicate the entire core concept of successful games, but without all of the planning on forethought, they come out as a soulless husk of a feature.

Now they're at it again, trying to copy Rocket League. It's as though they're incapable of deciding on what they want Warframe to be.