The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Time #126: Vandal Reaction Poll

[DE]Rebecca

Reaction Poll  

5,131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

32 minutes ago, (PS4)obsidiancurse said:

That's utter drivel. No one is taking the weapons from people that have them, others are just getting copies. I would have no problem people having copies of my statue if it would give them pleasure. You would have to be some sort of spoilt child to get the hump over that wouldn't you?

ive already said in another post that the new versions could have 2nd written in tennobet on them, just so the special snowflakes don't melt under their own tantrum tears. That's the only drowning going on here.

seriously, talk of dialogues with the Devs for compensation etc is laughable. Compensation for what? For stumbling across the game and logging in before the majority?. CBTers really need to get over themselves, founders is one thing but this is joke.

Did you read what you wrote before you posted it? It is like reading something by someone that feels entitled to virtual items where both items was given as rewards long before the masses discovered the game.

If anyone need to get over themselves, it is people like you that have the attitude of entitlement.

On 15.07.2016 at 7:40 PM, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

Ok *gives you a badge.......and a cookie cus everyone needs a cookie* 

Phew for a second there I thought you were one of those special snowflake types. Though I was wrong. What if you guys got a badge like tetras doom...ya know like the glowy/flaming badges?

I'd be fine with anything. Well... as long as it isn't Sancti Syandana type of thing, in this case I'd cry inside. I'd prefer sigil over badge, but I won't complain as long as I get something in return no matter what it is (unless it is another squirting syandana that is)

As I said, players shouldn't be punished because DE made stupid promise. Heck, I'd even like to see Lato and Braton buffed after they re-release them so players will actually use them. DE should compensate us for their promise, not players, DE promised me that these weapons will be exclusive and thats the only propblem I have here. I didn't mind re-release of everything else (well, I did, my inner collector was crying seeing how my collection looses value, but I understood that its only my fault for attaching sentimental value to those weapons)

Edited by markus230

Hm, surprised to see this topic be brought up in a official capacity.  As a Lato Vandal Owner, I don't personally care if others want it, exclusivity is nice in its own right but I think it's better to let new blood to have a shot at things like this.  I personally missed out purchasing Braton Prime back when it was available and it'd be very nice to finally get my hands on that.

If anything, it'd be nice if current holders of Lato Vandal got a title or something that says "Beta Tester" and just simply let the Lato Vandal become just another Vandal and not a symbol of CBT participation.

Edited by CaliburxZero

Having the weapons released  again as a login milestone sounds great to me, but at the same milestone CBT should have a special CB kit with cosmetics that can be applied on any weapon or syandana. 

This because the risk of providing a fixed syandana or skin or badge that might not be liked would turn that milestone for CBT into quite a disappointment: let them show their status as they prefer on their desired weapon or syandana. 

This would also solve their issue of being forced to use a crappie weapon when they want to show off a bit, which is understandable after all. 

How does "Look at my CBT Braton Vandal which can barely kill anything"  compared to "My CB themed Tonkor sends its regards"? 

Edited by siralextraffo

9 minutes ago, CaliburxZero said:

Hm, surprised to see this topic be brought up in a official capacity.  As a Lato Vandal Owner, I don't personally care if others want it, exclusivity is nice in its own right but I think it's better to let new blood to have a shot at things like this.  I personally missed out purchasing Braton Prime back when it was available and it'd be very nice to finally get my hands on that.

If anything, it'd be nice if current holders of Lato Vandal got a title or something that says "Beta Tester" and just simply let the Lato Vandal become just another Vandal and not a symbol of CBT participation.

One nice compromise would be to add something about Closed and Open Beta participation to your profile then. As there are plenty of space to add it here:

https://imgur.com/u30Hhzd

Edited by DigitalMist
added picture for clarity

On 15.07.2016 at 8:21 PM, DigitalMist said:

One nice compromise would be to add something about Closed and Open Beta participation to your profile then. As there are plenty of space to add it here:

https://imgur.com/u30Hhzd

I was thinking about it, seems like the best way to deal with it. If we will get cosmetics, people will want them as well after some time. Noone will want CBT section in their profile because it would be stupid to ask for something that literally says CBT when you are not CBT.

I think it would be really easy to implement, would satisfy most of CBT's and OB players will not ask for it.

If you give somenthing and say, "this will be exclusive", then i think DE have to keep the word on that.
Like Excalibur Prime, and Founder things...
But in that case i dont think have to be exclusive, many events back or the reward from events come in another way... This have to eventualy happen.

I realy hope all the new players who start this year or maybe today, have the chance to get the old stuff too, even if they just start to play.
Old players cant get mad with that...

Is the same for the Market, we buy somenthing for 500pl, at some point i know maybe DE decide sell for 200, or 100, or 50, the same item, when is old, but if i want now, i acept pay the 500. I Understend is the same for that weapons and frames, at same point they will be back and will be maybe more easy to get.

I have to agree with what many people are saying about the login rewards.
I feel it is unfair to new members or people who missed out on them and to be honest its just a weapon even for example someday you decided to give away excalibur prime lato prime and other items it would not really bug me as i feel there are some people in this community who deserve them.

Why not, let everyone enjoy the Braton and have the Lato to ...... er ...... dust every now and then.

I'm lucky enough to already have both and can't think of any reason why others shouldn't have to waste plat on weapons slots ;P

At least imo, the only problem with putting them as login rewards is that it will most likely end like another "have you been here long before the new login reward system? Look, we don't care" on a system that rewards players for "start game -> login -> claim reward -> exit game". Cleanse and repeat on a daily basis and eventually getting to the milestones with no need to actually commit to the game nor progressing in it. Said that, I guess these should be placed as rewards for actually doing some tasks, accomplishing "x" amount of challenges (those have no use other than popping up once fulfilled) even tying them to certain amount of time in game would lead some players to do some arguably practices, such as going afk in relays or dojo.

Edited by -----LegioN-----

yes they should return, people didn`t pay for them, they just were there, I understand founder items arent coming back because people actually paid for them, but time limited stuff are flat out unfair for people who weren`t/couldn`t be there on time, and most of these things are now permanent (proto skins, event weapons coming back, etc) and I see no reason why these shouldn`t

17 hours ago, Yaerion said:

I'm for the return of these weapons.

The only argument against would be their meaning (i.e: 'i was there in the closed Beta'). I would understand this feeling, and a special skin to show this fact would fix the problem. A special wonderful skin for closed beta owners of these weapons, to display on their Lato and Braton families, which means that yeah... There were there. They fought aaaaall these battles. :)

My stance is the same for Founders items. I am one of them, and I would be ok with people getting those items in the future, against a whole set of exclusive ornaments for us Founders, to be able to display our contribution to the game on those items, but also with other frames (Founder Syandana / Armor Set / Animation Set with special visual effects? Well, the kind of things you can equip on other frames and look like... heh... a Founder).

/my opinion.

I cant belive my eyes. I wrote this exactly in november and i was instantly locked by "!!!-name-!!! moderator" and deleted because "...Its not become available!" Done. Go fu*king away.
Now everyove saying it and its absolutely fine... Hypocrisy on the full line.

2 hours ago, (PS4)obsidiancurse said:

Sure, let the "haves" decide what's good for the "have nots", history shows that it always works out well.

I'm not the guy you're arguing with right now, but I am the guy you quoted initially.

Simply put, that's not what I said. I said this decision should not be up to the community. That includes the "haves." I think this is a decision ultimately better left to the Devs.

To use your own logic, letting the majority decide what's good for the minority has also rarely worked out well. I believe that the best option is a third option that doesn't involve simply giving the weapons away as-is and removing the symbolism they are supposed to represent. That said, I also don't particularly mind if we don't get them at all.

Edited by Tavanaka

On 15.07.2016 at 9:08 PM, Albalrogue said:

How about make them a mastery rank reward? Like that all players that don't play often and only log inn for rewards won't get them for practically nothing.

Look, take these weapons, but not as MR reward. Its stupid, MR doesn't mean anything. You'd basically force people to min-max weapons that they don't want to