Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tonight: Prime Time #127

[DE]Rebecca

39 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

That is exactly the plan.

On the note of Oxium, Enemies like the Datalyst and Artificer spawn units that drop Oxium, so rather than just over populating the Corpus Missions with Oxium Drones in the case that Oxium drops are indeed not enough (such units that are rather beefy at higher levels despite not being much of a threat, and that usually tend to deny the oxium drop with their suicide), we could just have those 2 units introduced to regular missions and have more variety of units that drop Oxium and in more places (not just Corpus missions).

Can further clarification be made on what will happen with Relics which contain items that are being Vaulted? In order to clarify [DE]Drew's statement regarding relics on his thread. Particularly the following statement: "If you already hold Relics in your inventory that house these Primes, they will remain in your inventory and you may continue to play them."  so as to prevent that phrasing from being misconstrued and players thinking they will be able to farm Vaulted items so long as they hold these relics. My understanding is that the old system remains. Reward tables are updated, and the content available to each Relic is changed to reflect that update.

Thank you all for your time and dedication. Really looking forward to Tonight's stream.

Edited by Shadow8600

54 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

There's saying and doing. We've been doing some sorting out almost every day, 12 Hotfixes deep, many more to come. As far as saying, we'll be playing the Update tonight no doubt but we'll be discussing more broadly on tomorrow's Devstream. Please be constructive in future posts.

I was making a request, not a criticism.

If you want constructive criticism, I can do that too.

Fissures are exceedingly boring, Steve has already said you're "making changes" to it. That's, of course, way too vague for anyone to gleam anything, so I assume you aren't entirely sure on what you're going to do. So, people loved the old void, and they like relics, but they hate fissures: My suggestions is for fissures to be extirpated, readmitted the old void system in some form and retaining the relic reward system. This way, you can play whatever mission type you'd like again, but it's your relic that grants you the rewards. Defense and Survival missions can be edited, counting down from 5/10/15/20 minutes or waves, as opposed to being endless, with a singular reward at the end and non-prime rewards every 5 waves/minutes, Interceptions also counting down.

It'd make sense for that system to not automatically extract you in defense and interception missions, but make relics a part of the game - as you say you intend - by making the players place their relics into an artifact situated in the extraction room (This means an extraction room being opened after the objective is complete for ALL mission types), in order to trigger the extraction and the reward mechanism.

The Archwing Flight System WOULD have been good if the warframe was situated further away, as per popular request, as it is exceedingly restrictive to view. Furthermore, the flight mechanic whereby you retain directional motion is EXTREMELY infuriating, I'd rather that you were able to turn rapidly while holding shift, not space bar, as you could before. Finally, people are reporting motion sickness, but as this does't affect me, I don't know what to suggest - but think on it.

Credits have been carved from all sources except raids - which I personally find debilitating, as I don't enjoy doing raids at all, since my allies frequently mess them up and I'm terribly bored of them. Sorties and Dark Sectors need their credits reintroducing, and Prime farming areas or the Void need good credit rewards adding back to them. This is especially important for Baro Ki'Teer, since his items invariably cost almost too many credits.

Alerts have had fusion cores adding to them, great, but they're usually level 1 fusion cores, which means they're useless. If they were fully leveled fusion cores then this wouldn't be a problem.

There's your criticism, thanks if you read it and consider what I've said, otherwise, well, you won't be reading this anyway.

EDIT: Oh and nullifier buffs, enemies 1-hitting everyone and the health buff to enemies are very not-fun. The solution should be obvious to those problems.

Edited by Dark-Vortex

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

There's saying and doing. We've been doing some sorting out almost every day, 12 Hotfixes deep, many more to come. As far as saying, we'll be playing the Update tonight no doubt but we'll be discussing more broadly on tomorrow's Devstream. Please be constructive in future posts.

I have to second this.

Anyone who works in IT will have horror stories of their own of working to short deadlines to meet client expectations, and ending up with a release that then need lots of additional effort to fix. DE have been making a big effort to iron out the bugs, the best thing we can do to help them is report them as we see them with as much detail as possible (the more accurately a bug can be reproduced, the easier it is to fix it) and to comment on the things we want to see done differently.

Right now Steve's comments in the last Prime Time about making the fissures less of a mini game, and more like an integral part of the mission was reassuring. So long as we can explain why we don't like things, and sometimes offer ways to change them DE will hopefully try and fix them.

On that note, while we are talking about resources I don't suppose we could get a segment on the best OD mission to play to find Kavats?

1 hour ago, (PS4)vamp6x6x6x said:

Now I am wondering what this means for consoles lol.

Seriously though, I and I am sure many others here understand that you guys are doing the best you can to get the bugs under control. Keep up the good work :)

Console players should be happy. You guys get finished updates, not pre-released updates just because the pc community is crying for it. For the love of Lotus, DE, please take your time with the updates. If we need to wait a few weeks, who cares. As long as it's more or less bug-free on release.

30 minutes ago, Hououza said:

I have to second this.

Anyone who works in IT will have horror stories of their own of working to short deadlines to meet client expectations, and ending up with a release that then need lots of additional effort to fix. DE have been making a big effort to iron out the bugs, the best thing we can do to help them is report them as we see them with as much detail as possible (the more accurately a bug can be reproduced, the easier it is to fix it) and to comment on the things we want to see done differently.

Right now Steve's comments in the last Prime Time about making the fissures less of a mini game, and more like an integral part of the mission was reassuring. So long as we can explain why we don't like things, and sometimes offer ways to change them DE will hopefully try and fix them.

On that note, while we are talking about resources I don't suppose we could get a segment on the best OD mission to play to find Kavats?

So far I've lucked out on the Exterminate missions.   After the second last hotfix (which sadly has ganked my frame rate; motion sickness has been an issue), I've managed to get 2 to 3 DNA scans for a Kavat per run.

well resources aside, atleast I will be much obliged if u can clarify the syndicate nerf a little bit with syndicate to manage and all the items to collect and 12 hrs lockout rep is real pain now.

As off resources, ya oxium is a pain but most corpus missions are dropping them at good rate if u use a CC weapon or syndi wep and/or looter for blasting crates.