Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Stalker is Teshin and here's why - A theory with many a possible spoiler. Read at your own risk.

ObviousLee

1 hour ago, Kialandi said:

You should rewatch them. Or atleast you should look at the pictures I posted. 

It is the same room. Twin Queens are looking towards the point where Teshin is standing. When Nyx enters the room she is looking towards the Twin Queens.

1) SAME LIGHTS - exactly the same lights

Hide contents

nmrgbsN.png3G2hNnc.png

2) SAME DOOR - metal thingy on both sides, shape of the door

Hide contents

oHKxV1k.pngeVRHPXT.png

3) TUBES (?)

Hide contents

KcBtgHt.pngIN2tvSx.png

What about those support chain things that are hanging from the ceiling?

1 hour ago, Kialandi said:

You should rewatch them. Or atleast you should look at the pictures I posted. 

It is the same room. Twin Queens are looking towards the point where Teshin is standing. When Nyx enters the room she is looking towards the Twin Queens.

1) SAME LIGHTS - exactly the same lights

Reveal hidden contents

nmrgbsN.png3G2hNnc.png

2) SAME DOOR - metal thingy on both sides, shape of the door

Reveal hidden contents

oHKxV1k.pngeVRHPXT.png

3) TUBES (?)

Reveal hidden contents

KcBtgHt.pngIN2tvSx.png

He's right. It's the same room, it's just that the first teaser was shot from outside the room with the 'camera' looking in through the door, while the second, cinematic, teaser shows us confronting Teshin inside the room.

Look again and bear that in mind:

First teaser is shot from outside the room, looking in through the open door.
Second teaser is shot from inside the room while the door is closed. 

Once you get that perspective, it becomes quite obvious.

15 minutes ago, kingcreeper296 said:

What about those support chain things that are hanging from the ceiling?

They are behind a "curtain". Look at the picture below.

There is some kind of light (or maybe it's literally some curtain) blocking Nyx' view.

f0SzOJK.png

6 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

He's right. It's the same room, it's just that the first teaser was shot from outside the room with the 'camera' looking in through the door, while the second, cinematic, teaser shows us confronting Teshin inside the room.

Look again and bear that in mind:

First teaser is shot from outside the room, looking in through the open door.
Second teaser is shot from inside the room while the door is closed. 

Once you get that perspective, it becomes quite obvious.

That's not quite right. There are entrances to this room on opposite sides.

The door in the second teaser is not the same door we saw in the first teaser.

Edited by Kialandi

5 minutes ago, Kialandi said:

They are behind a "curtain". Look at the picture below.

There is some kind of light (or maybe it's literally some curtain) blocking Nyx' view.

Reveal hidden contents

f0SzOJK.png

That's not quite right. There are entrances to this room on opposite sides.

The door in the second teaser is not the same door we saw in the first teaser.

Yes! I see that now, too. The tell is that the door in the first teaser is elevated, it has steps up to it, and the entrances on the sides of the red pool chamber in the second teaser are the same shape, and are also elevated.

Tell you what. Teshin works with the Stalker who is a Shadow=replicant of a Tenno, like the Guardians (?) Of the Rails.

"I protect this with my shadowlife" specter of the Rail.

"The shadow is pure,  undreaming. " Accolytes. 

"You hate them, Shadow." - Hunhow to Stalker.

But Teshin himself is a Dax Tenno instructor.

Teshin is most likely a Dax, not in any way Tenno, no void abilities, hence no transference, hence no Warframe, hence not the Stalker.

Teshin was/is loyal to the Orokin empire and from the Kuria poem we know that the Twin queens are the only remaining actual Orokin authority.

So this all ends up very simple.

Teshin probably works for the Queens and always has, When the Tenno find this out, he turns on them until a "story event" where he is "redeemed" in some way so that DE don't have to spend time/money on redoing the conclave announcer.

That is my prediction, it's much easier than connecting the Stalker and Teshin.

11 minutes ago, SilentMobius said:

Teshin is most likely a Dax, not in any way Tenno, no void abilities, hence no transference, hence no Warframe, hence not the Stalker.

Teshin was/is loyal to the Orokin empire and from the Kuria poem we know that the Twin queens are the only remaining actual Orokin authority.

So this all ends up very simple.

Teshin probably works for the Queens and always has, When the Tenno find this out, he turns on them until a "story event" where he is "redeemed" in some way so that DE don't have to spend time/money on redoing the conclave announcer.

That is my prediction, it's much easier than connecting the Stalker and Teshin.

Sure is. I do hope there's a tad more (read a lot more) to that story than just a Orokin henchman.

I still hope the warframes true nature will be at the heart of War Within. 

I agree that stalker's moment of epiphany at the reservoir shows that he himself doesn't know what he truelly is. This sort of puts the idea that Teshin willingly attacks and teaches the Tenno into a bit of a hole. Now, it has been previously stated by DE that the stalker is NOT a Tenno, so he is most likely an Orokin, which still makes Teshin the most likely candidate. Unless Teshin himself has another pupil which controls the Stalker much like Tenno control the warframes which would put the whole situation much at ease but a bit lacking on the over all impact to drive the story.

Edited by S0V3REiGN

33 minutes ago, S0V3REiGN said:

I agree that stalker's moment of epiphany at the reservoir shows that he himself doesn't know what he truelly is. This sort of puts the idea that Teshin willingly attacks and teaches the Tenno into a bit of hole. Now, it has been previously stated by DE that the stalker is NOT a Tenno, so he is most likely an Orokin, which still makes Teshin the most likely candidate. Unless Teshin himself has another pupil which controls the Stalker much like Tenno control the warfranes which would put the whole situation much at ease but a bit lacking on the over all impact to drive the story.

I still say an independent warframe is more likely. 

You used to be like them, says Hunhow. So what is he now? 

33 minutes ago, arch111 said:

I still say an independent warframe is more likely. 

You used to be like them, says Hunhow. So what is he now? 

It's possible for this to be true, the most important piece of evidence is;

• "All your dread-long life, you've waited for this moment. But you're asking yourself, 'Was I one of these wretched things?' You know the answer. You still hate them. You still hate yourself."

That is Hunhow talking to stalker when stalker is about to strike down a Tenno in the obitor. Key being he said "Was I" as in the past past tense, so he no longer is a Tenno and we know for sure he is NOT currently a Tenno and that Teshin is not a Tenno either. 

Edited by S0V3REiGN

A nice find, but most likely way too farfetched. Looking at how DE has their lore setup so far, the biggest thing could be that Teshin knows plenty about Stalker and he never shared it before until he is forced to do so in the upcoming quest. He also may have deliberately let Tyl open the tomb, but that's about it.

As mentioned above, Teshin is not tenno and stalker doesn't appear to be one either. Not anymore at least. 

The way I see it, Teshin is protecting the twins as they are connected to the orokin and it has become obvious that Teshin is pro orokin. DE won't go through all the trouble of letting Teshin be the stalker. That would mean another set of changes to the recently overhauled conclave and DE doesn't like double work.

11 minutes ago, S0V3REiGN said:

It's possible for this to be true, the most important piece of evidence is;

• "All your dread-long life, you've waited for this moment. But you're asking yourself, 'Was I one of these wretched things?' You know the answer. You still hate them. You still hate yourself."

That is Hunhow talking to stalker when stalker is about to strike down a Tenno in the obitor. Key being he said "Was I" as in the past past tense, so he no longer is a Tenno and we know for sure he is NOT currently a Tenno and that Teshin is not a Tenno either. 

Let me quote myself then.

1 hour ago, arch111 said:

Tell you what. Teshin works with the Stalker who is a Shadow=replicant of a Tenno, like the Guardians (?) Of the Rails.

"I protect this with my shadowlife" specter of the Rail.

"The shadow is pure,  undreaming. " Accolytes. 

"You hate them, Shadow." - Hunhow to Stalker.

But Teshin himself is a Dax Tenno instructor.

Maby.

Just a quick sidestep here.. Assuming this theory is wrong (and as you can read above, thats what I think), stalker could just have an implant in his neuroptics, changing his behaviour? In SotR, helmets were changed to Neuroptics, making it even more obvious that Warframes are things that can operate on their own, but can also be controlled through transference. Suppose he got infected somehow (which others thought was 'going mad'), that could lead to a change in behaviour and the inability for Tenno to take control (hence the past tense when hunhow says "you still hate what you were"). 

I dunno, just an idea. They apparently will make more clear what a warframe is and this could be a thing too I guess..

6 hours ago, arch111 said:

Can you please clarify how Teshin can use a warframe as a grown man.

As far as we know, warframes were made to channel void. They can only be used by Tenno, as far as we know.

Yes, infested used Mesa and this in turn hints of Infestation=warframe=void but that's a different topic. Teshin is human though.

So how is he supposed to use a warframe?  We have no record or hints at Orokin transference of surrogates. The soldier in Mag Prime Codex makes that clear; Tenno were ghosts untill they were deployed in Tau.

Low guardians = Grown Tenno/Soldiers using modified suits because they can't perform transference?

One tragic consequence I've considered is that Low guardians might have essentially had to sacrifice their humanity to don one of these suits (Stalker/Acolytes) because the infested components infect the wearer's body and permanently bind it to the suit.

It would explain Stalker's immortality, give further credence to keeping Tenno separate from Warframes, physically,  and Hunhow's use of past tense when referring to Stalker as possibly being a former Tenno.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

20 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Low guardians = Grown Tenno/Soldiers using modified suits because they can't perform transference?

One tragic consequence I've considered is that Low guardians might have essentially had to sacrifice their humanity to don one of these suits (Stalker/Acolytes) because the infested components infect the wearer's body and permanently bind it to the suit.

It would explain Stalker's immortality, give further credence to keeping Tenno separate from Warframes, physically,  and Hunhow's use of past tense when referring to Stalker as possibly being a former Tenno.

That's Dark Sector you are describing more or less. And yes, that idea was popular before SD.

We have Cephalons as well now, and a digital persona uploaded into a warframe is not unthinkable.

12 minutes ago, arch111 said:

That's Dark Sector you are describing more or less. And yes, that idea was popular before SD.

We have Cephalons as well now, and a digital persona uploaded into a warframe is not unthinkable.

Oh yes, Don't think that I haven't STRONGLY considered that Ordis pulled the sword from your frame in The Second Dream cinematic...

and that Acolytes are Cephalons who regained their "bodies" via Warframes after overriding their memory loss protocols.

Makes you wonder who Simaris was and his true motives, yes?

2 hours ago, S0V3REiGN said:

Now, it has been previously stated by DE that the stalker is NOT a Tenno

Beg pardon? I think you are mistaken. DE have stated that Teshin is not a Tenno, but no such thing has been said about the Stalker.

Fan opinion is that the commentary in the Stalker codex entry suggests that due to the delineation between "Guardian" (adjective "low") and the "Tenno" that the Stalker isn't a Tenno, but that is assumption, a perfectly fine and reasonable one, but an assumption nonetheless and far from confirmed.

If you have alternate information I'd love to hear about it.

4 minutes ago, SilentMobius said:

Beg pardon? I think you are mistaken. DE have stated that Teshin is not a Tenno, but no such thing has been said about the Stalker.

Fan opinion is that the commentary in the Stalker codex entry suggests that due to the delineation between "Guardian" (adjective "low") and the "Tenno" that the Stalker isn't a Tenno, but that is assumption, a perfectly fine and reasonable one, but an assumption nonetheless and far from confirmed.

Remember them saying that on one of the streams a long time ago. No way I can find that again. :/ we'll just go with what we know.

7 minutes ago, SilentMobius said:

Wowow hold it... Remember what tenno are? Yeah, kids. Our warframes are not tenno either. The kids controlling it are. So all you have seen from Stalker is the frame and nót what's controlling it.

We also know that warframes are things of their own and if that isn't enough, hunhow clearly says to stalker that he still hates who he wás while stalker looks into the eye of a Tenno.

I think it is pretty obvious that stalker is not controlled by tenno. Not anymore.

40 minutes ago, SilentMobius said:

The biggest missing puzzle piece is the distinction between the two.

8 hours ago, arch111 said:

Can you please clarify how Teshin can use a warframe as a grown man.

As far as we know, warframes were made to channel void. They can only be used by Tenno, as far as we know.

Yes, infested used Mesa and this in turn hints of Infestation=warframe=void but that's a different topic. Teshin is human though.

So how is he supposed to use a warframe?  We have no record or hints at Orokin transference of surrogates. The soldier in Mag Prime Codex makes that clear; Tenno were ghosts untill they were deployed in Tau.

what you're essentially asking is: if teshin can use a warframe, why isn't he the same age as the children from the zeriman: the answer is mentioned in the OP where i say that teshin wasn't put into a one thousand year cryosleep

Edited by ObviousLee