Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Stalker is Teshin and here's why - A theory with many a possible spoiler. Read at your own risk.

ObviousLee

Hoo boy, I see the tension (or should I say Teshin? Ha, ha... ha... I'll see myself out) is high here.

Anyways, I like the idea of the theory for sure. There may be a few holes, but I hardly think it can be discredited so easily due to that, especially considering some other such sketchy theories that wound up being worth their pudding to some degree (remote-controlled Warframes, anyone?), so I'll give it that. Plenty of hole-filled things can still hold some water, such as sponges and political campaigns.

Now maybe this has been suggested before and I missed it in these many pages, but here's a thought: Maybe Teshin WAS Stalker's Operator, but is no longer connected to him? I'm pretty sure that have been some fan theories floating around that say post-maddening-discovery Stalker is a Warframe without an Operator, assuming that either his Operator escaped or was killed by a Dread arrow to the temple, so what if that ties in? Perhaps Teshin was Stalker's Operator, but when he disconnected after his discovery, the Stalker Warframe for some reason went fully sentient (psycho, but still sentient) and went on its own killing spree instead of shutting down like our Warframes do when disconnected.

There are plenty of holes in that theory as well, but it might explain why Teshin is training the Tenno by day and Stalker is hunting them by night - he simply does not control Stalker anymore. Even so, maybe Stalker still has some sort of strange mental connection to Teshin ala Voldemort to Harry Potter which allowed him to know what Teshin does with the Tenno, especially discovering the location of Hunhow's tomb.

Regardless, whether or not this theory pans out, kudos on the work you put into it!

19 minutes ago, NightSpider99 said:

Hoo boy, I see the tension (or should I say Teshin? Ha, ha... ha... I'll see myself out) is high here.

Anyways, I like the idea of the theory for sure. There may be a few holes, but I hardly think it can be discredited so easily due to that, especially considering some other such sketchy theories that wound up being worth their pudding to some degree (remote-controlled Warframes, anyone?), so I'll give it that. Plenty of hole-filled things can still hold some water, such as sponges and political campaigns.

Now maybe this has been suggested before and I missed it in these many pages, but here's a thought: Maybe Teshin WAS Stalker's Operator, but is no longer connected to him? I'm pretty sure that have been some fan theories floating around that say post-maddening-discovery Stalker is a Warframe without an Operator, assuming that either his Operator escaped or was killed by a Dread arrow to the temple, so what if that ties in? Perhaps Teshin was Stalker's Operator, but when he disconnected after his discovery, the Stalker Warframe for some reason went fully sentient (psycho, but still sentient) and went on its own killing spree instead of shutting down like our Warframes do when disconnected.

There are plenty of holes in that theory as well, but it might explain why Teshin is training the Tenno by day and Stalker is hunting them by night - he simply does not control Stalker anymore. Even so, maybe Stalker still has some sort of strange mental connection to Teshin ala Voldemort to Harry Potter which allowed him to know what Teshin does with the Tenno, especially discovering the location of Hunhow's tomb.

Regardless, whether or not this theory pans out, kudos on the work you put into it!

first off, i digg your style. very enjoyable read, so thanks for that.

now then, if you look at the codex entry,linked in the op on his wiki page, those are the words of a coherent mind penning out hatemai, speaking to you in present tense. this is the filled tape recorder when you miss a day of work. you've come back, and this is my message to you.

15 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

one Question:

how the hell does Teshin's head fit into the Stalker's helmet? he needs that Mushroom-headgear thing to survive I think, or is the Stalker actually a Warframe that Teshin Controls using his own Somatic Link?

The Stalker is a warframe, warframe can only be controled via somatic links or something that can bypass that, the only known ways are the infestation

See Mesa/Chroma.

1 hour ago, NightSpider99 said:

it's possible that Tenshin WAS the operator , as we know, Warframe are a sentient life, independent from the operator to some degree

Spoiler

Rhino Prime codex mentionning the frame before it was linked to a operator as a savage and primal beast

Our frame after stalker stabbed us. We were not in contact with the Operator, we were not controled anymore, and we managed to break the sword to protect our little Tenno

In a way we can say "I am the Operator, I am the Warframe, The Operator is the Warframe but the Warframe is not the Operator"

2 hours ago, Cyberhazard said:

it's possible that Tenshin WAS the operator , as we know, Warframe are a sentient life, independent from the operator to some degree

Reveal hidden contents

Rhino Prime codex mentionning the frame before it was linked to a operator as a savage and primal beast

Our frame after stalker stabbed us. We were not in contact with the Operator, we were not controled anymore, and we managed to break the sword to protect our little Tenno

In a way we can say "I am the Operator, I am the Warframe, The Operator is the Warframe but the Warframe is not the Operator"

But, DE said in the end that we will never see a warframe completly independend from a tenno.

6 minutes ago, DeFragMe said:

But, DE said in the end that we will never see a warframe completly independend from a tenno.

Surely not a playable one, but there's some evidence that pointed what I said as independent frame from a Tenno but not from control.

And as I said , Independent at some degree, not fully. if it was possible, we would see savage frame ravaging everything in sight and acting like infested creatures

Edited by Cyberhazard

The more I reflect on Teshin and his disslike of the Tenno ways,  the more I disslike him.

He is like the antithesis if the Arbiters who believe the Tenno can be more than just warriors - an echo of Margulis,  and an undeveloped idea that could be fleshed out if DE took the time.

Teshin's speaches are confusing because he valued the Conclave, he wants the Tenno to be warriors.

He allso says "We were not prepared for the new enemy." We as in himself included. He is not a Tenno. So maby, just maby, he was not talking of the Tenno at all, but of the Dax, who were elite soldiers.

The Tenno built a society, and they fought the Sentients.  So how were they not prepared? It makes no sense.

Unless he is talking about another enemy, the true enemy we have not seen yet. The horrors.

It seems to me, Teshin should fight the Stalker for interfering with his plan to sharpen the Tenno into a weapon. It's counter productive.

- and a reminder once more. Untill we KNOW what a warfame is, all speculation can never take hold.

21 hours ago, Kialandi said:

Lol. Wanted to prove you wrong. Instead I found similarities in those videos.

1. Shape of the door and the metal thingy
  2. Lights above Teshin's head + Lights above Queens
  Hide contents

Vt4Q5NY.pngHhp9ong.png

But where did the Queen's "Throne" go? In the pool?

Ye i think it went in the pool, wouldn't surprise me if that is a reservoir like In Second Dreams

Well. The only real fact for now is Teshin is involved in a very baaad secret, and it's about the twin queen's somewhere.

....And what if, he was THE FATHER OF THE QUEENS ? Like a hidden space Tywin Lannister samurai ya know.

Edited by Stonehenge

28 minutes ago, BabyKurama said:

Ye i think it went in the pool, wouldn't surprise me if that is a reservoir like In Second Dreams

21 hours ago, Kialandi said:

I just realized that it really is the Throne room. Each teaser just shows opposite sides of the room.

In the first teaser Queens are looking towards Teshin. Thus we can see the same lights.

Reveal hidden contents

aD0rd6d.png

In the second trailer Nyx is looking towards Queens, who are behind a "curtain". There are those hoses and pipes on the right side.

Reveal hidden contents

f0SzOJK.png

There is part two of my thinking!

Great synopsis, OP.

If your theory is true, an even better twist would be if Teshin doesn't   know he is the Stalker.  He is preserved by a pool where he sleeps, connected to the frame that has somehow become the Stalker through perseverance while unconscious.  Tenno are the ultimate Orokin Warriors and saviors requiring training (Teshin's duty as a Sensei-type) but also the ultimate betrayers of the entire Orokin Cilvilization (Teshin's duty to avenge his people's killers as epitomized by Warframes).

Stalker provides that middle ground that rectifies that conflict;

Every warrior has a right to self-preservation.  But with such inordinate power, Stalker gives Teshin a vehicle to prove (to himself) that the Tenno have a right to exist as worthy warriors.

It actually shoehorns a bit into my Great tinfoil hat theory that Stalker is the great Monstrous ID (Freud) created by the negative, subconscious backlash of making Orokin children into dreaming, eternal soldier-slaves and then not being able to fully justify the mass slaughter of their own people (guilt).  If you take it a step further, Stalker could be a creation of the Collective Unconscious of ALL Tenno (Jung).

So all that negative resonance, whether generated by Teshin, your Tenno, or ALL Tenno, has been made real and literally weaponized...dread, hate, despair, war...

The critical distinction that has me leaning towards the fact that Stalker is, in fact, you, is his hesitation to crush your neck as Hunhow speaks...

"You hate them...you hate...YOURSELF."

Let's simplify:  "Self-Hate."

Stalker finds you because he IS YOU.  He doesn't kill you because his subconscious self-preservation instinct kicks in.

One other important distinction:

I believe Teshin hates what Warframes as super weapons did to his people and is ever-weary of how their powers can corrupt, but makes a clear distinction between Tenno self-preservation and what their weapons did/do.  His purpose is to make sure we remain pure and worthy of those weapons.

Look at the trailer, and low-and-behold, Teshin (?) has separated us from our weapon to prove our worthiness in the ultimate test, a frameless Tenno.

For a really cool old Sci-fi movie that draws on the precedent for my TFH theory, Go watch the 50's movie Forbidden Planet.  It even involves a long-dead Super-race akin to the Orokin.

edit:  I wouldn't be surprised if the boss battle is vs a buffed "Beast-of-Bones" Teshin as seen in the memory fragments of Ordin Karris.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbidden_Planet

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

8 minutes ago, main_antagonist said:

But the top half ... and the whole being around for a long time ... and knowing where hunhow was ...

I can agree with what I highlighted as a good speculation.

But just covering half of your face = Sentient?

No.