Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bad experiences ever burn you off of a frame?

So, I'm trying to level Trinity because I genuinely like being helpful. The leveling in this game is just not fun for me at all. Maybe it's because I'm a scrub and a cancer who played Draco- maybe it's because I voted for Hilary in the election you can't actually vote on yet- I'm sure speculation will be abound in the comments below.

But anyway, leveling sucks for me so often enough it's easier to hop into a PUG because my friends don't play this game anymore- they hate farming and grinding (Quote: "I would rather pass a kidney stone than farm 9,000 Cryotic"). More power to them. Maybe if I git gude with a suppport frame they'll come back?

So I hop into PUGs and ever so often I get S#&$ from people because they have to "carry" me because I'm a "noob". As of late, they're mad at me because I won't EV/Bless them because frankly I am formaing and I just don't have the range/power to supply them with a constant IV drip of health and energy.

I don't know. The leveling isn't fun. People hate me for being a scrub because I need to level my frame. When I was minding my own business people were mad at me because I was leveling on Draco away from them and minding my own business. I feel like a rejected organ transplant right now and I've already invested a lot into this build but I really don't want to pursue it anymore. 

Anyone else ever have this experience?

Edited by (PS4)El__Lobo_Loco

you just gotta roll with it friend. some people just get angry because of stupid stuff like that. and all it would take is for them to hit start and see that your frame may not have those capabilities due to being a lower ranked frame.

if you need any help, hit me up. im normally on after i get off work. PSN is the same as the name you see here

I'm sorry you've had such a negative experience. I haven't used a PUG in a very long time. I tend to run solo when leveling a Warframe or weapon simply for that reason: people in PUGs either don't get it or don't care.

When it comes to leveling, I've found that running Gabii a few times (for about 20 minutes each time) can give you the affinity you need to level your gear/frame up relatively quickly (and you get a generous helping of credits to boot).

For me it was Zephyr I thought I hated her kit and it was a pain leveling her(was mr6 back then) such a awful experience that I even threw her away when I finished leveling her.
But recently(Mr17) I tried her out again and I actually like playing her and leveling was way easier then I remembered. So in my experience it was a git gud situation I suppose.

Ways I level most of my frames: Stealth extermination runs(stealth killing every/most enemies), Spy quick runs and endless defense.

Getting yelled at for being a "noob" at something can happen, I came across "those kind" of people too

Edited by D-Voidborn

Nah, man, do what you enjoy. If you like the frame stick with it. You've got to level it up sometime, and it'll make you a stronger player in the end.

Don't worry about people like them. They obviously need to work on their frames if they need to rely on trinity (Not saying she isn't useful, I love when trin joins. It doesn't seem like many people roll with her very much). You are more than welcome to join any of my runs, whether you are leveling or ready to take on the support role.

For me its Banshee and Saryn and since its basically the same situation for both a short summary:

No recommended build works for me / The build that I normally do(with the mods that I need to not die every second) makes (nearly)all the abilities an unfun gimmick that I'd never use.

Its not even like I get called out for being bad or anything. I'm just bad when it comes to their abilities so I don't use them(I'm keeping both frames for looks at this point).

Edited by Icpmcp
hellodarknessmyoldfriend

Though I think I'm a pretty skilled player, I've also had similar experiences. I'm an Oberon main who absolutely loves testing different weapons in different ways for endgame content. I'm not sure if I get more negative comments from people seeing my gear or compliments from people seeing how I play. I haven't gotten burnt out from this, but I feel as if I am already cooking, so to speak. (People tend to complain about my loadout choices for sorties and raids, which is the main factor of my boredom. I'm often somewhat forced to solo things.)

The game-play in general. I love it to death, but it's just plagued with whiners who will do nothing but complain because you don't play the way they want you to. So I end up doing mostly solo runs. At that point, it really doesn't matter which frame I use. I pick the one that's my favorite and go to town with a Penta, and I get bored because there generally isn't a reason to use abilities. 

Shout out to the cool guys who don't mind you doing you though! They exist, and the gameplay is much more enjoyable thanks to them.  

I don't like playing EV trinity.  Because too often i feel like a crutch for people who play with a Maxed blind range and no efficiency mods, and force a person to basically nerf their entire frame to press "2"  What gets worse is when they start complaining about the lack of EV after running out of energy with 3 Radial Javalins, and I respond back to them "Mark a target and I will EV it" (got really bad before the last major change to Mag)

I was often criticised for playing as Frost, simply because there were a couple interception sorties where I wasn't quite on the ball and forgot a couple globes. it happens. safe to say, you should NEVER totally rely on others, they will only let you down when you least expect it. I didn't particularly enjoy levelling Loki or Banshee at first due to both of them being squishy, but once you get invis/Sonar it's not so bad.

Personally, no. I don't. People say I am good, so I suppose I am good.

Easy peasy solution to your problem? Get a gun, strap it on your back, and then do missions until it's lvl 30, sell it.

Once you get to a high mastery people wont even bother you if you go in sortie with lvl 0 stuff or into high level missions with lv0 frames.

Edit: also, no point in minmax anymore dude. Endless missions are a waste of time now (hieracon excluded).

Edited by ShaneKahnnigan17

If people are calling you "noob" for playing a frame - shame on them. 

If people are calling you "noob" for not playing your frame and utilizing its abilities (purpose) - shame on them BUT you should re-access yourself and your "skills". 

In short, all frames are good. Do your part. Carry some weight. If you're being a liability, I won't tell you off but I also will less likely want to play with you. 

Unskilled? Want to learn? = good. I will gladly help. 

Leeching? = welcome to my ignored list. 

If you've not put in the forma and acquired the mods to maximize her potential then I don't think you have any options left but to suck it up.  However, something tells me you're going into the most popular ___ spots to do your leveling.  If that's the case then if course you're going to catch some flak.  Obviously you're allowed to go wherever you like, but people will moan if you're not really set up properly. Second, if you were a Draco Baby, then you've missed out on one core aspect of the game, how to play.  

not really. I haven't had bad experiences at all with frames. I am quite lucky to be in an extremely active clan of 1000 people within a massive alliance who are all active within 14 days of inactivity (otherwise they get kicked). So I am always playing with friends and having a good time.

So far the only frame that I have gotten bored of is Trinity simply because I used her so much for raids or helping friends out. But I've never actually had bad experiences with any frame. I mostly play Titania now, but before she got introduced. I always used zephyr :P

Got to be honest I've kind of got to the stage where I usually have a secondary 'levelling' but keep either a level 30 melee or level 30 primary because like many others levelling is boring... and I haven't even bothered with forma yet...

In regards to levelling frames, bad experiences don't just come from outside perspectives - the below.... bear in mind they're not fully levelled and I don't have access to all the fancy mods like corrupted ones.

Nova - Honestly just don't see whats so good about nova...

Nyx - Slow drag but getting there slowly, pretty sure this is mostly due to needing to spend more time 'learning to use her effectively'

Oberon - surprised myself with this reaching level 30, probably due to forcing myself to do kavat scanning... really think this frame is underwhelming, it isn't really tanky, there's better options if you want to heal and it's not exactly top of the list when it comes to attacks either.  I'd pick equinox or nezha if I wanted a 'jack of all trades' type frame over oberon.

Trinity - again, just don't enjoy it, while I'm sure it's useful it's playstyle doesn't suit me

Volt - I'm just not feeling it...even with it's speed boost it's slower than some of my other frames and offensively (admittedly not fully levelled) it seems weaker.

Wukong - It's nice to be a cloud for a while, but I think the giant staff ability is stupid with it's enlarging pole that slams on the ground like a hammer..... wouldn't be too bad without that. 

Edited by LSG501

Just want to offer a bit of recommendation. I've leveled a couple frames since coming back post specters of the rail. Personally the easiest way I find is to do Hieracon on pluto. I didn't do a crazy amount, but even with a full set of unranked gear (with my provided 17 capacity) i was able to squeeze a bit into everything, and by the end of the mission i had about 25% of total damage. Was it amazingly helpful? Probably not, but I didn't die and no one complained :) I gave it all I had with what i had. And we got to 2k cryo no probs.
Just my 2 plat,

~Az