Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Vacuum Within: Universal Vacuum Feedback

Racter

1 hour ago, Mutt2679 said:

Did they change something? I was under the impression it just ran around and picked stuff up, not instantly. The carrier vacuum out did the Chesa by a long shot not too long ago. I might have missed a change or something though... so yeah. Just wondering where you got that info.

I've been using kavats since they were released, Agree with the increased range, maybe even back to normal, since I don't understand what the point of the range nerf was. And at this point, I think all of the sentinals need a survivability boost. The carrier prime is the strongest as far as stats go, Which looking at the sentinals, the djinn or deathcube should be, with shade possibly having the least due to invisibility.

Just my two cents

Yhea, the chesa does that, he pick up all that it touch instantly except mods, but it something, they change that in a update long ago, i think that it was when they did the changes to djiin.

1 hour ago, Gilmaesh said:

It was nerfed for the same reason convergence orbs, reactants, ayatan stars&statues, explosive/cold/electric traps were added or drako/credits/stealth kills were nerfed and of course the addition of nitain

But slowing down progression and slowing down parkour are very different things. Slowing down progression gives the game more longevity, and is healthy. Slowing down the action makes the game more boring. Friendship doors (love doors?) prevent people from running ahead of everyone, but the carrier nerf just slows down everything, which is very different. Plus it effects noobs more than vets, because vets have loads of resources anyway. Rather than making people move as a team, DE is punishing newer players for keeping up.

Just now, Troll_Logic said:

My Helios that scans and now has vacuum disagrees with you.

And he chuckles a bit at you as well.

And let me guess, you are also enjoying a 6m collection range which requires you to walk into objects like you never had any vacuum to begin with.

Because logic.

1 minute ago, Aerensiniac said:

And let me guess, you are also enjoying a 6m collection range which requires you to walk into objects like you never had any vacuum to begin with.

Because logic.

I'm enjoying it better than having to actually walk over the item with the Helios like last week.

Because logic.

And the Helios is still chuckling at you.  Like two twenty year old girls after a fifty year old fat guy tried to hit on them and then walked away.

Edited by Troll_Logic

everything has been said about how bad the inexistence of the 12m vaccum is. i'm not going to drone on about the same things already been said. but i want to be yet another voice in the community, VERY WORRIED of what this means for warframe in the long run. it's very obvious with this vacuum range nerf, that it fundamentally GOES AGAINST EVERYTHING WARFRAME IS. if it was slow paced, it would be okay. but no, warframe is FAST PACED. you don't stop to grab everything !! you run and kill the next enemy !! it's part of the core experience of warframe, this fast pace !!! you are going AGAINST it by making players stop to pick up loot, what the heck !!

i don't wanna be a doomsayer but no, i'll be a doomsayer. when you make a change SO BAD and so AGAINST THE VERY HEART OF THE GAME, that people would rather quit than play with it, you dun goofd BAD. DE, don't go down this road, PLEASE. i love warframe so much. but this is the first step in the grave. if this change does unreverted. i want to play warframe, i really do, i want to do my daily missions, enjoy the game. but god, the frustration and TEDIOUSNESS of not having the old vacuum is too much to bear. i can't play like this. i want to. i really do. jesus christ DE... what does it mean to you, when a player who wants to play your game SO BAD, can't, because you refuse to acknowledge what a flawed looting system you've made in the absence of the old vacuum ??

there are people who can live with it, but they are not a majority. no, wanting vaccum with 12m range isn't greed, it's convenience, the convenience of RECEIVING THE LOOT YOU WORKED FOR, without having to spend the TEDIOUS extra time walking around to pick it. how can i emphasize it more, how AWFUL it is to slow down from the NORMAL fast pace of the game, to spin around picking up nano spores off the ground ?? IS THIS SOMETHING YOU WANT WARFRAME PLAYERS TO DO ???? stopping the fun fast paced killing and jumping to... PICK UP LOOT ?? i mean, jesus. all fast paced games have a vacuum system with a range appropriate for the pace, which for warframe, the 12m range we used to have seems appropriate. it was perfect. just make that universal and everybody is happy, we all pick the sentinels we want, and that's it. no quitting. no crying, no whining. just happy players with open wallets.

so please, if you too feel like you may very well not enjoy the game like before because of this massive kick in the face, let your voice be heard. if we all outpour our disagreement, god i hope DE will listen.

i really want to play, i really do. but i can't enjoy this if i have to stop what i'm doing just to pick up scraps off the floor, in a game that is already so grindy. at least the grind can be fun when you're jumping around shooting things, but if you make me have to stop that, to walk around to pick up what i worked for, i'm sorry, i think i'll go play something else. wake me up when we get the old vacuum. i want to play.

Meh, people always say "this is the nail in the coffin" they said it about viver, draco, fusion cores, sorties, everything. IF, and its a big IF, warframe dies, it will be more akin to death from a thousand cuts, rather than one drastic change, imo. 

Hell i remember when LoS changes killed warframe, parkour 2.0 killed warframe. It's something new every week. At least they shook it up and now people are dusting off their sentinels and trying them out. Its kinda like new content because its content we havent used in years.

Edited by Skaleek

I'm almost mastery rank 20 and I have used Carrier and Prime only enough to max them out. It has never once impeded my ability to play by actually having to pick something up.

Stop crying nerf when 80% of the player base was only using it for 1 reason. Now EVERY sentinel in the game benefits from that reason. It's not the beginning of the end just because they made something OP and left it that way for a lot longer than they should've. Now many of you just became dependent on it...If it were never in the game in the first place you would've never noticed much difference.

this is different. viver, draco, fusion cores, sorties, they don't affect EVERY SINGLE SECOND you spend in ANY SINGLE MISSION, with ANY SINGLE FRAME, basically, EVERYTHING, they don't go against the very HEART and PACE of the game. they may have been bad.

those, they were bite marks into an apple. taking out chunks of it. we still had the apple, it still tasted the same.

but this is completely something else, this is wrapping the apple in tinfoil, tinfoil you have to remove with your fingers for every single time you want to taste the apple, you have to stop, and remove the tinfoil, and you know what ? i'm gonna have an orange instead, if i'll have to sift through such tediousness.

i know my tone is freaking out and perhaps exagerating a bit, i know there are people who can live with this, but that doesn't make it okay, because x and y say "eh". when it goes against every single second spent in a mission, tainting the experience, setting it on fire and making you pick up every piece of coal with you teeth, i'm sorry ,this is bad. very bad.

While it is in a sense a nerf to how vacuum originally worked they said they'd be monitoring it and adjust it if it didn't acheive what was intended which is get more players using other companions rather than 80% of players using carrier.

1 minute ago, Skaleek said:

Meh, people always say "this is the nail in the coffin" they said it about viver, draco, fusion cores, sorties, everything. IF, and its a big IF, warframe dies, it will be more akin to death from a thousand cuts, rather than one drastic change, imo.

Draco is just a former meta. This is an actual impact on gameplay itself, one that slows down the game in order to make sure you get enough ammo/energy or resources you might've missed.

Secondly, this nerf comes after a massive content drought, delays galore, disappointment after disappointment in terms of Baro and weapon releases. The only stellar thing in months has been Nekros, Galatine Prime, Tigris Prime, and Telos Boltace, and Archwing's fix in gameplay. While the starmap was an ultimately needed rework, it didn't add anything, no new archwing content, less missions, just the same stuff with no new feel.

This, again, is a directly negative impact on the feel of the game as a whole.

13 minutes ago, Qianna said:

Kavatas seem more appealing.

Probably working as intended. I think they hoped Vacuum would become so terrible that people would find it not even worth it to use a Sentinel at all. They're basically trying to delete the function in hope that people miss items and buy plat instead I guess. 

I want to make an epic telling off about something like "Vacuum changes" being a "nail in the coffin", but I just see the others threads with Viver, Draco, Cores, Sorties, UI changes, Damage 2.0, SotR, Relics, Focus, Syndicates... and the game still going strong.

And then I notice I will be wasting my time.

Boy howdy are people being over dramatic. Vacuum does nothing to make WF fast paced and never did. Its range wasn't even that big. Its the gameplay that makes WF fast paced, and even then its only as faced paced as you want it to be. Walking an extra few steps or picking up stuff manually wont kill you. especially seeing as a majority of drops are just excess ammo. 

But please, do keep on with the hyperbole and doom saying. Its giving me the giggles.

4 minutes ago, Kagisnad said:

this is different. viver, draco, fusion cores, sorties, they don't affect EVERY SINGLE SECOND you spend in ANY SINGLE MISSION, with ANY SINGLE FRAME, basically, EVERYTHING, they don't go against the very HEART and PACE of the game. they may have been bad.

those, they were bite marks into an apple. taking out chunks of it. we still had the apple, it still tasted the same.

but this is completely something else, this is wrapping the apple in tinfoil, tinfoil you have to remove with your fingers for every single time you want to taste the apple, you have to stop, and remove the tinfoil, and you know what ? i'm gonna have an orange instead, if i'll have to sift through such tediousness.

i know my tone is freaking out and perhaps exagerating a bit, i know there are people who can live with this, but that doesn't make it okay, because x and y say "eh". when it goes against every single second spent in a mission, tainting the experience, setting it on fire and making you pick up every piece of coal with you teeth, i'm sorry ,this is bad. very bad.

Okay fine, Parkour 2.0 was labelled as the death of WF too. That literally affects every single movement you make. Now we all love it. Adoption pain is a very real thing. Listen, do i get why they made it 6m instead of 12? Nope. Do I care? No. I'll deal, after being around as long as I have you learn how hard it is to actually effect change as just one person. Even with hundreds of rage posts the range got increased from 5m-6m, we did it guys. Just strap in and enjoy the ride man. Ammo case is actually pretty awesome.

I have been trying for two months to get the endo conversion rates on the starmap fixed and have gotten literally zero traction. I'm just gonna let them remove dark sectors and then let all you forumites rage when you realize fusion/endo rates have been MASSIVELY nerfed without hieracon in the mix.

Edited by Skaleek

3 minutes ago, Kagisnad said:

Its really doesn't go against WFs nature at all.... but ok... sure.

I mean, its not like the game existed before carrier did. carrier was here from day one... right? Cool ya jets OP. your are being WAAAAAYYYYY over dramatic.

1 minute ago, StinkyPygmy said:

Boy howdy are people being over dramatic. Vacuum does nothing to make WF fast paced and never did. Its range wasn't even that big. Its the gameplay that makes WF fast paced, and even then its only as faced paced as you want it to be. Walking an extra few steps or picking up stuff manually wont kill you. especially seeing as a majority of drops are just excess ammo. 

But please, do keep on with the hyperbole and doom saying. Its giving me the giggles.

That's just.. incredibly, massively, totally wrong. I don't even know where to begin there.

Vacuum gets you energy faster, so you kill faster. Vacuum gets you ammo faster, so you kill faster. Vacuum means you have to run around less, so you complete missions less. Vacuum means you get resources with less missions, so you can craft more items in the foundry. Vacuum means a lot of things that you never seemed to have caught onto, obviously because you'd never used it or thought to analyze it as a whole.

2 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Okay fine, Parkour 2.0 was labelled as the death of WF too. That literally affects every single movement you make. Now we all love it. Adoption pain is a very real thing.

It wasn't by metagamers at all. Instead, momentum stacking was designed. And as it spread, more people were happy with Parkour 2.

This, however, is a direct nerf to Vacuum, which does slow down the game more than what players thought Parkour 2 would do. There isn't a workaround or anything of the like.

I think it's actually pretty nice. I knew for a long while that I would have to stop being so dependent on the carrier's precept to add some variety to my game. And, I feel that re-purposing carrier as an ammo mutation companion is a huge step towards the ammo management problem that full-auto weapons have; we now have the choice not to sacrifice a precious mod slot in a weapon because it eats up a lot of ammo, so that gets a thumbs-up from me (please don't change it!)

My main complaints are: I do wish it were a little bit of a larger radius; carrier's vacuum radius was nearly unreasonable, being able to pick up items through walls, before you even knew they were there, but for the current model I think a slight range boost would be much appreciated. As well, I believe the vacuum should just be innate to warframes, not having to do with sentinels or companions at all.