The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vacuum - Still No, Don't Break What You Already Fixed

owendawgx

The "automatic passive for all Sentinels" aspect was correct.

The range was not.

So why did you fix the range but then break the aspect that you got right in the first place?

Please consider having a higher range and making it a passive. Maybe just 10 meters instead of 12, but the main issue before had absolutely nothing to do with it not being a mod. 

Mod space is always precious, it's hard to fit all the mods you want. Vacuum being a mod means you have to be able to fit it into your build. They could help this out by getting rid of the basic sentinel attack precepts, you know the precept they need to fire a gun. Those precepts really serve no purpose but to take up space.

The times where you do not want your sentinel to attack, you don't remove the precept, instead you just unequip the sentinel weapon and the sentinel doesn't attack.

Kubrows and Kavats do not have precepts to attack, because they are pointless, so why do sentinels?

6 minutes ago, clemza said:

Not everyone wants vacuum effect on sentinels, so a mod is fine

They just have to increase the senti health, armor and shield and this time it would be fine.

Or change the vacuum function so that it doesn't waste extra ammo/energy/health pickups. (Picking up 10 Sniper ammo when you've only fired 1 shot from Vectis and reloaded, for example)

1 hour ago, Prof_Blocks_007 said:

Or change the vacuum function so that it doesn't waste extra ammo/energy/health pickups. (Picking up 10 Sniper ammo when you've only fired 1 shot from Vectis and reloaded, for example)

If they made it do this, and only use up health/energy/ammo/life support specifically when an entire drop could be used up, I'd have absolutely no issues with having vacuum at all times.

2 hours ago, owendawgx said:

The range was not.

So why did you fix the range but then break the aspect that you got right in the first place?

Please consider having a higher range and making it a passive. Maybe just 10 meters instead of 12, but the main issue before had absolutely nothing to do with it not being a mod. 

There are some people who want to use sentinels, but don't want Vacuum being forced on them, however weird this sounds.

What we have now is the best possible way to handle the situation, mostly everyone's happy.

2 hours ago, owendawgx said:

The range was not.

Some people don't want vacuum to suck everything up. They get what they want, i get what I want. There is NO REASON to not like this change. If you still want to use carrier without his ammo precept NOTHING has changed for you. There is no downside. They took NOTHING away. The left me with my carrier as is, they gave others the option of vac and ammo on carrier, they gave others the option of any sentinel and vac and they gave those that don't want vac that option too.

This is PERFECTLY fine.

I cannot believe some people are still complaining... smh at this thread. 

And complaining because they can't "get back" a buff that DE never gave or even suggested in the first place. Seriously, DE never even suggested a 12m vacuum passive for all sentinels that would work like the regular vacuum. They suggested several different things... that wasn't one of them. As others have said, you lost nothing. You gained more options for your Carrier, and other sentinels gained a new option. But absolutely nothing was "lost". 

DE did NOT make a mistake by taking away the passive thing. Some people are just spoiled. DE, today, gave us exactly what most of the community was asking for for years -- literally almost exactly, apart from the fact that it doesn't work on pets yet. 

And yet people still want more, its not buffed enough, we haven't been given enough extra power for no reason... just sad. 

and this is why you leave the balancing up to the devs, all the community want is always buff after buff after buff, they disregard everything else, everytime they make a nerf, everyone riots and make lots of rage threads, DE makes a decision that everyone likes, not even more than a handful of thank you thread

7 hours ago, weezedog said:

Kubrows and Kavats do not have precepts to attack, because they are pointless, so why do sentinels?

Because kubrows and kavats have less all-around utility skills, which makes their presence more focused and combat-oriented.

For instance, I've traded my Carrier's ability to attack for a little bit of utility via other mods. And I actually like it this way, as I tend to face content carrier either won't attack anyway, won't deal any reasonable damage or will just obstruct my life strikes/combos.

8 hours ago, weezedog said:

Mod space is always precious, it's hard to fit all the mods you want. Vacuum being a mod means you have to be able to fit it into your build. They could help this out by getting rid of the basic sentinel attack precepts, you know the precept they need to fire a gun. Those precepts really serve no purpose but to take up space.

The times where you do not want your sentinel to attack, you don't remove the precept, instead you just unequip the sentinel weapon and the sentinel doesn't attack.

There are a lot of missions where I don't want my little guy to open up on anything that twitches. 

I went scanning kavats lately (annoying as hell) and I would not appreciate him attacking them. It is also very annoying on stealth runs because you can often fix a mistake with a few quick melee kills which is ruined if he opens up. Also there are raids, where every downed target is another cast of everyone's CC to get the new mob which is stupid but for reasons that have nothing to do with an equip-able precept. 

Now, if we lost the precept and then got the option to make them passive somewhere, that I could accept. I don't see the real necessity though because we have more slots on them that most things anyway. 

Some people actively don't want to use vacuum. This situation will make them happy. And collecting items from far away is a pretty useful ability. I don't mind paying an ability slot for it. Just like on warframes - do you stick on more power strength mods, or do you stick on survivability mods. Do you want your sentinel to be a floating utility box, or do you want it specced for one thing and one thing only?

I like the current situation.

10 minutes ago, DoomFruit said:

Some people actively don't want to use vacuum. This situation will make them happy. And collecting items from far away is a pretty useful ability. I don't mind paying an ability slot for it. Just like on warframes - do you stick on more power strength mods, or do you stick on survivability mods. Do you want your sentinel to be a floating utility box, or do you want it specced for one thing and one thing only?

I like the current situation.

the current situation is a bandaid fix. this is a combat evolved game no one should have to worry about picking up items period.