Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ability to shoot while being dragged.

S0ulre4per

Good day.

So what title says........this has been an issue since ever i started playing [somwhere around Nekros and Valkyr arrival]

Enemies pull us closer and while we are being dragged we cant shoot them. Why?

A good example - Void mission, nullifiers, bombards, heavy gunners everywhere, and then comes the Ancient and pulls you in the middle of death ......sure we should have dodged, but so we should be able to shoot them too. i mean they are dragging us by the leg, our hands are free.

43 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Like the OP and @Momaw's idea. Both of them I think are great, i'd love to see either or, or even both. Options are always good! Especially with how much time I spend being dragged nowadays.

Agreed I'd love to see a system like those found in God Of War. 

[button mashing]

*thrown to the ground and about to be dragged*

Pushes circle (ps4) as fast as possible while pulled towards the target each push quickly fills a bar that IF Filled. Has our frame cut the rope and then uses it to pull the enemy to them then kicks them to the ground.

* Enemy is now open to a finisher*

Otherwise

Holds L2 (AIM) that fills up a bar quickly , once maxed causes your frame to headshot your dragger with a large bonus damage added (causing it to stagger back if not killed). Once the dragger drops your frame you then backflip back up.

God Of War Style

200w_8.gif

200w_7.gif

Edited by (PS4)Mofojokers

I agree with both momaw and op some sort of agency to deal with being dragged would be excellent. Right now when playing against infested handspring feels almost mandatory because of all the damn grapples

11 minutes ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

Agreed I'd love to see a system like those found in God Of War. 

[button mashing]

Pushes circle (ps4) as fast as possible while pulled towards the target each push quickly fills a bar that IF Filled. Has our frame cut the rope and then uses it to pull the enemy to them then kicks them to the ground.

* Enemy is now open to a finisher*

Otherwise

Holds L2 (AIM) that fills up quickly , once maxed causes your frame headshot your dragger with a large bonus damage added. Once the dragger drop your frame backflips back up.

God Of War Style

Reveal hidden contents

200w_8.gif

200w_7.gif

God of war cinematic style quick time events wouldn't really fit with warframes. When you perform those actions in God of war you are either invincible once started or up against few opponents. Were you to attempt such actions in warframe you would either get sick of the repetition (see ash's bladestorm) or die to 10 other enemies around the guy you just were animation locked into killing.  

this would be great mechanics to be explored. In addition, I would love to see an ability to cut the ropes by having a mash 'e' button and the animation hud for it. I think it would be a more immersive experience :) 

Edited by -PP-Sonicz

5 minutes ago, Drasiel said:

I agree with both momaw and op some sort of agency to deal with being dragged would be excellent. Right now when playing against infested handspring feels almost mandatory because of all the damn grapples

God of war cinematic style quick time events wouldn't really fit with warframes. When you perform those actions in God of war you are either invincible once started or up against few opponents. Were you to attempt such actions in warframe you would either get sick of the repetition (see ash's bladestorm) or die to 10 other enemies around the guy you just were animation locked into killing.  

No need for cutscenes , ingame movement would cover it (the option to do these would be very short lived). These would be very quick movements that add other options to this outside of just getting dragged or someone killing the dragger for ya.

But again it's just something i love and others may not enjoy it. ?

PS i really love Ashes ultimate animation always have really works well on console gameplay. ?

Edited by (PS4)Mofojokers

My take on this issue : 

• Counter maneuver is restricted to the currently wielded weapon 
  • On ranged weapons, the accuracy is reduced during the action
  • Reload speed is reduced if you run out of ammo
  • On melee mode, you can cut the wire / arm and instantly stop the action 

Basically you are on a struggle mode, implying you are not at 100% of what you can do but you are not 100% condemned

7 hours ago, Momaw said:

IMO a better solution would to give players a brief opportunity to use their melee weapon, and cut or break the line and stop being dragged.

I had to imagine it as a brief moment where your Warframe reacts slightly surprised or shocked (think switch teleport but shorter) by being hit with the harpoon, before being dragged off by it. During that visual moment of suprise hitting quick melee would then cut the rope or pulling the harpoon out in time (when you have a blunt melee weapon).

Though i would guess many would hate that enforced reaction scene from the Warframe.

10 hours ago, S0ulre4per said:

Good day.

So what title says........this has been an issue since ever i started playing [somwhere around Nekros and Valkyr arrival]

Enemies pull us closer and while we are being dragged we cant shoot them. Why?

A good example - Void mission, nullifiers, bombards, heavy gunners everywhere, and then comes the Ancient and pulls you in the middle of death ......sure we should have dodged, but so we should be able to shoot them too. i mean they are dragging us by the leg, our hands are free.

9 hours ago, Momaw said:

IMO a better solution would to give players a brief opportunity to use their melee weapon, and cut or break the line and stop being dragged.

These are both cool ideas. 

9 hours ago, MartianJellyfish said:

Yeah! I remember L4D had a mechanic like this, why Warframe doesn't is beyond me.

I think the reason they haven't yet is a simple because it would take a good bit of time to animate, code, debug, etc, and there priorities have been elsewhere. Plus, it has simply never really been brought up before as far as I am aware. 

But I think if we can get their attention on the idea, they may try to give us some more interaction there. Anything that increases the interactivity of play is usually something they are all about doing. It may still be some time before they can animate/code anything for it, even if they do like the idea, but lets see if we can get enough upvotes that they notice. 

8 hours ago, DeadScream said:

My take on this issue : 

• Counter maneuver is restricted to the currently wielded weapon 
  • On ranged weapons, the accuracy is reduced during the action
  • Reload speed is reduced if you run out of ammo
  • On melee mode, you can cut the wire / arm and instantly stop the action 

Basically you are on a struggle mode, implying you are not at 100% of what you can do but you are not 100% condemned

This is an interesting take... perhaps it would be fairly simple/easy to code (and not require a bunch of extra animating), if they just gave us the option to behave as we would during bleedout when we are being dragged -- we can shoot with our sidearm, while flailing around basically. 

It would still be nice to have some of the other options listed, and those would take some animating, but just giving us the bleedout/struggle mode that we have now while we are dragged would be a good start. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

10 hours ago, Momaw said:

I feel like I'm in the minority here, but I'm actually against this.

If we could simply cut the line by pressing our Melee button, then getting out of grapples would be FAR too easy. There would be no reason to equip Handspring since literally anyone could replicate the effect with the click of a button. More importantly, it would also be completely unsatisfying to get out of a grapple since it took no effort on your part to do.

I think that shooting the grappler to cancel (i.e. any damage would instantly cause the scorpion/Ancient to stagger back and cancel the drag) would be a much better idea. It will still completely negate the need for Handspring in the hands of a skilled player-- but the skill floor is a lot lower, since spinning around and shooting a single target is a bit more "involved" than pressing E upon hearing an audio cue.

12 hours ago, Drasiel said:

Also see inaros 

12 hours ago, -PP-Sonicz said:

this would be great mechanics to be explored. In addition, I would love to see an ability to cut the ropes by having a mash 'e' button and the animation hud for it. I think it would be a more immersive experience :) 

Considering how many enemies are out there that can pull you - you are going to mash that E a "way beyond acceptable" lot unless animation is 0,5 second short and you need to press E only once-twice.

14 hours ago, SortaRandom said:

There would be no reason to equip Handspring since literally anyone could replicate the effect with the click of a button

But it would be awesome if we could get rid of Handspring and instead use whatever we want instead of the only thing we need :3 

Many things provided by many mods could be part of skill-based core mechanics, and imho it would fit the game's style better

On 10/23/2016 at 11:51 AM, MartianJellyfish said:

Yeah! I remember L4D had a mechanic like this, why Warframe doesn't is beyond me.

Lol, anyone who thinks Warframe's CC ability on mobs is stupid, probably havent played WarFACE, and been hit by a shield guy. 

On Normal, the shield knocks you down, leaving you stranded in place iwth just your gun out.  On Hard, you get stranded in place flailing your arms around like a helpless 2 year old while the enemies shoot you to death.  You want a BS CC mechanic, look to WarFACE.

uhm. you uh, already can shoot while being dragged.

On 10/23/2016 at 11:18 AM, Momaw said:

as ever, i'm indifferent on this option.
realistically probably in favor in order to make Melee as equal at dealing with Grapples as Guns are.

i want button mash QTE's

die, heathen scum.
but seriously, those aren't exactly fun. making something a button mash QTE turns it from an action you perform into an annoyance.

Edited by taiiat

On 10/24/2016 at 2:34 PM, taiiat said:

uhm. you uh, already can shoot while being dragged.

as ever, i'm indifferent on this option.
realistically probably in favor in order to make Melee as equal at dealing with Grapples as Guns are.

die, heathen scum.
but seriously, those aren't exactly fun. making something a button mash QTE turns it from an action you perform into an annoyance.

Wait... since when?

Edit: I tested this with the ancients hookshot and each type of weapon equipped. You cannot shoot or use melee while being dragged regardless of which weapon is equipped, you can only shoot once the ancient finishes the drag.

Edited by Drasiel
testing