The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Prime design lore discussion

Cyborg-Rox

4 hours ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

It's not like they can't turn back . Just take off the bonds/shackles or make them a prime accessory. Add a prime version of the gersemi elbows , Change the helmet & boom we're good . 

The helmet looks like a mix of gersemi and bastet tho?

that gold crown looks similar to the spines on the gersemi helmet while it has ears like the bastet.

at least thats how i see it

I don't see why lore breaking this skin for her because the original skin was the tortured skin but without the sign of torture. They created later the gersemi skin and many peoples thought that was the original but if you look closer the tortured and gersemi skin then there is huge differences in almost every part. Now they just created for the original skin a prime variant and my only argue here is why not then they reveal the valkyre original's skin before torture. The gersemi created for cat lovers because they knew peoples wanted it and it was a good sale idea aswell. 

Other hand do not take it seriously what they say it is lore because they can erase it or create a new one if not fit to their goals. The goal here was to make profit so don't take it seriously try to enjoy your valkybansheee.

4 hours ago, -skimmer- said:

Actually it seems kinda plausible that Alad got hold of the streamlined Tenno version of Valkyr but found orokin blueprints of Valkyr prime (we raided orokin towers for warframe blueprints all the time). And then perhaps tried he to rebuild the Prime version out of corpus tech and stick it on Gersemi? Corpus are said to fanatically worship the Orokin.

Hmm... I can see Salad V having audio/video recordings, or whatever the Corpus call them, of Orokin Propaganda showing the original Primes in all their glory and Salad V trying to figure out why the one he captured was different being the Gersemi Valkyr Warframe, and therefore begins gruesome experiments.

9 hours ago, LazerSkink said:

I feel many people are misinterpreting OP's point or just not reading the post at all.

The point is that her Prime's design is based off her default appearance, aka post Corpus experimentation and not Gersemi, the supposed "original" as seen by the blocks on her forearms (those of which are not on Gersemi).

While I do find myself agreeing with OP, I'm not completely turned off by this. In fact, I'm actually pretty fond of her look. However, even if I wasn't, there's nothing I or any player opposing the design can do about it. 

and how do we know Corpus didn´t experimented on a prime valkyr? Since we already know the normal version has some different look than the prime version.

14 hours ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Then what's with the bonds, and the arm chunks, and the body areas where she clearly looks exactly the same as the disassembled Valkyr as opposed to the completely remodeled Gersemi Valkyr?

Rip wire cord... Compared to corpus valky who has multiple cables,Valky P only has 1 on each...

24 minutes ago, Earthblood said:

As a Valky 'main', thematically speaking, I don't see the cat, the berserker, or the Valkyrie in this design... Kinda looks like a tuxedo. :(

wat are ye talking about D: comapred to gersemi and default valky helm, Valky P helm is very cat like(which is biting on a metal ring too) She has a tiny stubby tail tho.... which im hoping she grows a tail in Hysteria mode...

The Lore should say the Tenno created Gersemi. It should allso say that Gersemi is an exoarmor over the Valkyr body.

So that when Alad stripped the chassi, he found energy-nodes on arms, legs, head and so on.

These nodes correspond to the Prime, that Tenno covered up.

Now Prime and experiment works and Gersemi is Tenno Deluxe.

1 minute ago, (XB1)DreamyRelic80 said:

Think of the order this way or backwards

prime > deluxe > original

with the corpus tortured design being inspired by the orokin and Alad V is supposedly ororkin so… it makes sense An has elements of both.

Deluxe are not always cannon tho...

Since Mag will be like a full blown robot with her mechanical arms lol

Late to the party but.... Nova was invented by tenno Councillors in the current age.
Not during the Orokin age.Then she got primed.

So it is possible that they take the existing frame, made additional modifications and add some golden bits on top.
It worked for Nova after all *shrug*

So it could do for Valkyr.

Edited by fatpig84

Maybe the prime trailer would offer more info on this 

tbh, I see a bit of both. And there's also a chance that the original valkyr prime (and her Tenno) were tortured like corpus valkyr. Since the orokin could do such a thing. Maybe she cause trouble or a riot or something. We currently still don't have much lore on warframes, whether they can freely move without the Tenno or not. 

Even in the devstreams they said that now valkyr's lore is messed up a bit. We can only wait for the trailer 

2 hours ago, Mak_Gohae said:

The mass produced frames are the toned down versions of the primes.

So why would the prime not look like a cool mass produced model and instead looks like the experimented version that was JUST created by Alad?

They messed up before with Nova and they are doing it again.

This was a question asked when they started releasing all the primes, that there were some frames that couldn't have Primes. I guess we definitely have the answer now, they can because they just want to.

salad v didn't create anything here. probably should understand the material berfore you blindly bash DE.

9 hours ago, Littleman88 said:

Alad didn't recreate the helmet and tack HALF a new one on, he ripped off half the helmet.  The only additions we can call out as Corpus in origin are all the little white diodes jutting out of her "flesh" at intervals and the wrist bonds.  The helmet very coincidentally shares its color with the Gersemi skin, suggesting at the very least that I'm right about her half helmet being part of her original armor.

Far as I'm concerned, Gersemi =/= old Valkyr until DE's artists can maintain consistency between designs.  They can't get Gersemi's helmet to look like the complete iteration of default Valkyr's half helmet, nor are the arms thick enough to suggest default valkyr would even fit into the Gersemi armor.  Actually, default overall is more filled out than the Gersemi skin.

So really, it comes as no surprise that they stuck with the default as a base for the Prime model.  They probably couldn't make something that looked reminiscent of the Gersemi model if they tried.  And thank goodness for that - Gersemi has flat boards for arms.  She looks more like a complex Corpus MOA than a Warframe.

Right.

I used to think Valkyr had a helmet that was partially destroyed by the Corpus. So naturally I expected it to look like this.

Bildresultat för original valkyr warframe

But with every other helm having a different base color, and the Gersemi looking totally different, it was no nonger so big a stretch to imagine Corpus fitting a robotic helmet om their experiment.

6 hours ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

It's not like they can't turn back . Just take off the bonds/shackles or make them a prime accessory. Add a prime version of the gersemi elbows , Change the helmet & boom we're good . 

iirc, DE never changed how a frames looks. Even that little 'bump' on Nyx prime's mouth they wouldn't remove (it clearly doesn't fit and is a mistake) and no, chroma's helm swap doesn't count, it was made an alt helm anyway 

as for the OP, let's just wait for the trailer, maybe that'll explain